• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Fighter Online [Alpha Test] |OT| We are not your kind of Neople

MisterHero

It's literally impossible to do any cube quests. Literally. Unless you spend hours spamming chat for someone to trade. Its just sad how fucking hard it is to get cubes. I've dissembled 10x blue weapons and not once have I gotten any red. This is really fucking stupid.
lol just keep grinding blues. You'll eventually get some. :p

Alchemists can also convert certain color cubes to other cubes. But the recipe costs like 300k and the X cube -> Y cube ratio is like 10:1. So it only really works if you have a crapton of one color. I'm up to at least 1000 blue cubes myself.

Also, grinding worthless purples and magic seals can result in Gold cubes. Those will be important later on (for Sub-Equipment and Magic Stone slots).

omlet

You can also buy cubes from Gabriel sometimes when he shows up on maps. Never pass up the chance, even if you're overstocked on that color at the moment.

MisterHero

I should note that the higher level the Disassembler, the higher chance you'll get get cube "jackpots" or rare stuff like Gold cubes. Loton isn't good for every disassembly.

Also starting your own Disassembler as a Profession is the easiest of the 4. Some people are overcharging for their Lv9 job; it eventually becomes cheaper to do it yourself. Set one character as your Disassembler, then send them blue drops everytime your inventory gets full. Level 5+ is when non-cube drops appear.

Before the game was shut down, Seria actually SOLD cubes. Will they bring that back after the alpha? Dunno.

I should note that the higher level the Disassembler, the higher chance you'll get get cube "jackpots" or rare stuff like Gold cubes. Loton isn't good for every disassembly.

Also starting your own Disassembler as a Profession is the easiest of the 4. Some people are overcharging for their Lv9 job; it eventually becomes cheaper to do it yourself. Like, set one character as your Disassembler, then send them blue drops everytime your inventory gets full.

Before the game was shut down, Seria actually SOLD cubes. Will they bring that back after the alpha? Dunno.

yes because in CDnF(playing right now) and KDnF she sells cube frags and cubes

Internets

Does it work for ps3 controllers? I cant seem to get it to detect my stick.

I have heard of some people using Xpadder, which maps keyboard inputs with your controller, but I haven't tried it myself. I use an old PS1 controller, and the game seems to detect it fine without any software

TheYanger

I'm just using Xpadder with a shitty oooold controller and mapped it to keyboard functions, works fine (I even map the right stick to the mouse and R3 to 'left click' for when I'm feeling especially lazy)

yes because in CDnF(playing right now) and KDnF she sells cube frags and cubes

If how it is in CDnF is the same as KDnF, you'll be able to buy any color cube frag for 5 clear frags. The whole cubes Seria sells here though, they cost the exact same as just crafting them, the gold and 100 of the color of cube frags.

Issues with cubes should become less prevalent once the Auction House is reintroduced at some point, and after the guaranteed initial insane prices go down.

If how it is in CDnF is the same as KDnF, you'll be able to buy any color cube frag for 5 clear frags. The whole cubes Seria sells here though, they cost the exact same as just crafting them, the gold and 100 of the color of cube frags.

Issues with cubes should become less prevalent once the Auction House is reintroduced at some point, and after the guaranteed initial insane prices go down.

Sir, I happen to be an expert in cube-pane and cube-pane accessories.

pGYscp0.png

Cubes were my jam back in the days of the AH, made some quick bank with all my excess cubes, was really happy to cash them out before the market crashed a few months later.

MisterHero

lol I made my money in alchemy. I could make some of the rare character-locked potions. There was Exorcism potion, Treasure hunting potion, and Kiri's Reinforcement potion. That 3rd one eluded me for too long, which is a bummer because those things sold 1 MILLION a unit. they never worked either. Kiri is a master scammer!!

If I ever had a bad investment, it was when I bought like 9000 papaya. It got to be worth a few million. All of a sudden, no one needed papaya. At least I never ran out afterwards. :p

MisterHero

yeah the guild system has been slowly breaking down over the last week

If they were testing their abilities to handle the game, wouldn't they be adding features rather than subtracting?

Arads gettin nuked soon ala Season 4 in CDnF so if ya got questions after(June 17th) feel free to ask
Post major story/gameplay changes if you can. Use Spoilers tags please.

Can you expand on what you mean by this?

Season 4 is the Metastasis update: http://dfcentral.com/2013/08/10/dnf-season-4/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBE9jjKLEBY

Guy comes in and nukes Arad. Lorianne is missing, Canna grew up, Mintai lost an eye, GBL bosses now allies and Ophelia moving up the ranks.
Fslayer gets her two other subjobs, knight comes in after that patch.

A few of the new lower dungeons at the start of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zewyd9nwUTA

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Season 4 is the Metastasis update: http://dfcentral.com/2013/08/10/dnf-season-4/

Guy comes in and nukes Arad. Lorianne is missing, Canna grew up, Mintai lost an eye, GBL bosses now allies and Ophelia moving up the ranks.

A few of the new lower dungeons at the start of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zewyd9nwUTA

WOW.

That looks bonkers. So it's basically semi-revamped version of the game? When do you supposed we'll see those changes for DFOG?

Erionn

Neo Member
WOW.

That looks bonkers. So it's basically semi-revamped version of the game? When do you supposed we'll see those changes for DFOG?

DFOG is about where kDnF was at the end of 2011/start of 2012. Season 4/Metastasis came September 2013 in kDnF. DFOG is very far behind.

omlet

When do you supposed we'll see those changes for DFOG?

It could really go either way. Neople could make an effort to get GDFO caught up for launch. I would guess that instead they will milk the current version we're seeing in Alpha for a while and if playerbase doesn't vanish, start to add content. I mean, why not, since there's enough stuff already to keep people busy for a while.

I'm just being cynical so don't take my word for it. Maybe Neople will surprise us. My experience with TERA (which I had a blast with, don't get me wrong) taught me to not expect much when it comes to divergent versions of an MMO getting equal update treatment.

That's weird because for a long time Maplestory GMS was super far behind the original versions. Now we're basically always 1-2 patches behind.

It could really go either way. Neople could make an effort to get GDFO caught up for launch. I would guess that instead they will milk the current version we're seeing in Alpha for a while and if playerbase doesn't vanish, start to add content. I mean, why not, since there's enough stuff already to keep people busy for a while.

I'm just being cynical so don't take my word for it. Maybe Neople will surprise us. My experience with TERA (which I had a blast with, don't get me wrong) taught me to not expect much when it comes to divergent versions of an MMO getting equal update treatment.

lol why would they milk the content
this isnt Nexon NA

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
That's weird because for a long time Maplestory GMS was super far behind the original versions. Now we're basically always 1-2 patches behind.

didnt big bang help with that? i mean the clean slate did a lot of good for the series

Wtf happened to the guild? I login and im not in the guild on any of my characters.I cant evens ee my friends list or guild, something weird is going on.

Undead Dragon is such a BS boss. It really is. If you die you're fucked. I get hit and stunned and then he spams those suicide bombing ghosts and theres nothing I can do. It's evne worse because nobody in the fucking game parties anymore. Literally nobody parties, why? I don't get it anymore, nobody in the game parties. Not a single person. I see maybe 1-2 parties max at Aphelia Post. Thats fucking it.

Wtf happened to the guild? I login and im not in the guild on any of my characters.I cant evens ee my friends list or guild, something weird is going on.

Undead Dragon is such a BS boss. It really is. If you die you're fucked. I get hit and stunned and then he spams those suicide bombing ghosts and theres nothing I can do. It's evne worse because nobody in the fucking game parties anymore. Literally nobody parties, why? I don't get it anymore, nobody in the game parties. Not a single person. I see maybe 1-2 parties max at Aphelia Post. Thats fucking it.

people solo
try standing inside his head and youll almost never get hit

No one parties. The game isn't hard enough most times in the sub 55 areas that you need a party to finish it. All that extra time of waiting for people to sell items or pick up/finish quests coupled with having to fight over drops makes some quests, and farming, a lot slower. I can pull maybe 300k right now in half an hour to 45 minutes but when I party up, it's only half that depending on the party size, of course, while EXP doesn't change that much.

As for the guilds and friends list, no clue on that, sorry.

MisterHero

AlimNassor what Character/Lv are you? My fighter is ~42.

Obviously Friends Lists doesn't work so coordination in this OT is necessary.

EDIT: Teamwork will definitely get better when more of us can activate Hell Mode. :)

tiltnkirby said:
No one parties. The game isn't hard enough most times in the sub 55 areas that you need a party to finish it. All that extra time of waiting for people to sell items or pick up/finish quests coupled with having to fight over drops makes some quests, and farming, a lot slower. I can pull maybe 300k right now in half an hour to 45 minutes but when I party up, it's only half that depending on the party size, of course, while EXP doesn't change that much.

As for the guilds and friends list, no clue on that, sorry.
Experience/Magic Seals makes the regular game too easy, but it's too hard in Ancient Dungeons. :p

I think you can make more gold if you party, but soloers get more drops to themselves (not to mention Quest item drops!). The current reward system often discourages party play.

I'm trying to rush by Blade Master to Ghent. The more Blue drops = more cubes. I can't afford to Awaken yet. :p

Grappler just isn't as much fun as I thought it was gonna be. :|

I was gonna delete my Grappler and reroll a Nen Master, but then the Guild stuff shut down, so now I don't even know lol

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH

Are they still allowing you to purchase Life Tokens and Remy Touches with in-game currency? If so then that may have something to do with it ;)

ShinMaruku

Grappler just isn't as much fun as I thought it was gonna be. :|

I was gonna delete my Grappler and reroll a Nen Master, but then the Guild stuff shut down, so now I don't even know lol

If ya want I can try to reset up the guild as for if you want a good fun character, try a slayer subclass or male striker nen Master can be great too but ya need gear.

I am unlocking my elitementalist atm just so I can lightning strike all the things.

If ya want I can try to reset up the guild as for if you want a good fun character, try a slayer subclass or male striker nen Master can be great too but ya need gear.

I am unlocking my elitementalist atm just so I can lightning strike all the things.

Nah, I was just gonna transfer guild ownership, then delete my Grappler. But since I can't properly access the guild, I'm just gonna do that once things get fixed. Gonna roll that Nen Master anyways.

Is there a big difference between the male and female versions? I noticed in the guide in the OP that males do more damage and females get defense stuff, but is there anything else?

ShinMaruku

Male can hit quite a bit harder and some slight animation difference but aside what you said no difference. Female Nen is best though since she has better skills. They have slight magic advantage and great spells. Chanel your inner Chun Li. Just make sure you have the gear. Nens scale a bit

MisterHero

I haven't played Male Grappler but Female Grappler is tons of fun. Really easy to clear rooms when you can grab multiple enemies at once and can't get hit. :p

With the exception of Striker, all the M. Fighter subclasses suck. IMO :p

FNen is definitely more defensive than MNen. MNen is more offensive oriented because they basically can pop tiger flash and keep it up, though FNen actually has more range on her tiger flash normals but it's much more situational with it's duration. Their spirals also having a tracking move where they can send them forward, where FNen just orbit the character. Their Nen shot is like Ryo's from KOF or Art of Fighting, it goes shorter distance but it hits harder while FNen's nen shot goes distance and basically is fullscreen when charged.

If you want to play support for parties FNen would be the one to pick because she has Khai and a longer lasting Nen guard. Also can play a mean lame game in pvp. But if you want to rushdown, I would say MNen would be more your style.

Also FNen has a pretty awesome dragon if you want to use that. I find it hilarious that the best thing to do most of the time when you know you can't dodge it, is backhop and let it otg you for the entire duration in pvp. Best thing of course is grab or something to interrupt SA, though if you think you are close enough to scoop them with a grab or they did it without proper setup, that FNen messed up imo.

Armaros

I'm finding F Mechanic very fun, and much more active then I imagined. The constant juggling between different G' Series while laying down robots and bombs and firing my gun to use up silver bullets is a different playstyle then my other classes. Have to get used to how squishy it is tho, with cloth armor and no real migiation skill like other cloth users (mana shield, Keiga etc)

IIRC, from what I can see, M Mechanic is more robot focused and cannot maintain G' Series forever like the females can.

That's nuts! Hope it makes it over here.

Is the older content still accessible after the update?

That's nuts! Hope it makes it over here.

Is the older content still accessible after the update?

Not really but some is. There is a new dungeon of sorts where you get to run around the West Coast, Hendon Myre and Grand Flore areas. Town invasion and a few other things were disabled for now as well but Outerverse is still there, along with the ancient dungeons.

good news everyone

from facebook
Letter from Neople CEO

[Letter from CEO]

Dear DFO players,

Hello, this is In Lee, the CEO of Neople. I am very pleased to have this opportunity to write to you.

My work is to develop games but at the same time I’m a game player, just like you. So the player-side and the developer-side coexist within me.

Throughout this Alpha phase, many of you have been showing support for us so I wish to sincerely thank you all. And I see many of you are wondering about our future plans, so I would like to share a few words.

As our team mentioned here before, through this Alpha test we tried to assess the viability of the service, and we did not have any updates or proper customer service. Our main goal was just to see how many players would come to play our game.

The result was not favorable in our standard, but seeing the comments many of you left on our postings and our team’s will to give DFO another try, we have finally decided to bring the game back once again. The details will be posted separately.

I'd also like to draw your attention to the following points:

* We have already failed once before. So it is difficult for us to say our game and service is the greatest. But we will make sure to do our absolute best when we run the service.

* We may not satisfy everyone, and we will run into problems. But we promise to try our best to fix things.

* Neople is a development company, and we have no experience, other than in Korea, in servicing the game on our own. So our level of support when it comes to customer service may not meet your standards. We have to learn as we go along, and we may cause some inconvenience in doing so. We can promise to learn fast and do our best, and we would appreciate your understanding in this.

* We will make changes to some aspects of the game so hackers and gold-farmers don’t come into our game. Our game designers and I are considering many different possibilities, and whatever the outcome might be we will make gold-farming pointless in our game.

* This is our plea to you. Please do not hack or abuse the game. It is our responsibility to create enjoyable games, and it is your responsibility to enjoy them. If we focus all of our energy to blocking hacker and abusers, we won’t have enough time to create other exciting new contents or events. We won’t have to time to listen to the majority of players who have been purely enjoying the game. We earnestly ask you not to abuse the game – please enjoy them in the way they were meant to be.

* The postings on our Facebook Page is directly written by the developers here. Of course they are very busy, but they take their time to read your comments and communicate with you. We will continue this, and try to do it more often. But please understand that we cannot answer every question or request made about the game.

We don’t have any experience running a service like this, and we are still a bit confused on what we have to do from now on. However we will give it a go. It may take time – very long time indeed. Nonetheless please stay with us, tell your friends, spread the news, and please be here when we finally come back.

Your cheers and support give us the power to move forward.
We promise to do our very best.

Thank you

In Lee
CEO, Neople Inc.

Top Bottom