• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Fighter Online [Alpha Test] |OT| We are not your kind of Neople

Is there any mention on how long the alpha is intended to be? I don't want to grind up to higher levels and get immediately wiped.

omlet

Not that I know of. I wish they would give some details about that but they don't seem to be forthcoming with any clear info about that. People asking on the FB page don't seem to be getting answers, either. It might be over on the 22nd (that would have made for a week of testing) going by what was posted about the screenshot contest but that's just speculation.

MisterHero

Is anyone on that can invite me into the guild? IGN Texeira

Better question: how do I leave my old guild?
Click on your name in the Guild window. An option to leave will pop up.

I have a different problem. There's ~20 or so members now, but I can't see the Offline members. I click the box and only myself and maybe one or two others are visible.

Kouriozan

Click on your name in the Guild window. An option to leave will pop up.

I have a different problem. There's ~20 or so members now, but I can't see the Offline members. I click the box and only myself and maybe one or two others are visible.
Yep, same for me yesterday, might be a server issue.

Kouriozan

did you guys check their FaceBook
they posted something that hints at surprise Female Slayer at launch

At launch?
That would be a surprise indeed, maybe we can get Creator soon too :)

EDIT : Job change is at level 20.

EDIT 2 : I think I'm almost done with the Alpha, donated all my money to the guild, maybe I'll try another class for the last few days (hopefully).

MisterHero

I'm conflicted about losing the Alpha content. I like that I can buy Random Avatars, safe upgrades and cheaper NX items with gold.

For example, buying avatars with gold can be restricted to Randoms. You'd still need to buy a Bind Cube and more avatars with cash to get Rare Avatars. Or you could spend 50 cents on a fully customized Selectable Avatar with respectible stats.

Skeleton Keys for 10K a piece isn't bad. You buy in bulk to get rare draws so it's like spending 100k or more. I think that's an acceptable gold drain. Same for the Kaleido Boxes.

I love this game so much. The microtransaction scheme really, really, REALLY gets in the way though.

Pejo

I put in an application to get into the GAF guild yesterday. Made some Progress with my Nen Master, and am now further than i got previously, and having a great time. Shame if they wipe the progress from the alpha, but especially funny for anyone that is actually buying gold from the goldsellers.

I'm conflicted about losing the Alpha content. I like that I can buy Random Avatars, safe upgrades and cheaper NX items with gold.

For example, buying avatars with gold can be restricted to Randoms. You'd still need to buy a Bind Cube and more avatars with cash to get Rare Avatars. Or you could spend 50 cents on a fully customized Selectable Avatar with respectible stats.

Skeleton Keys for 10K a piece isn't bad. You buy in bulk to get rare draws so it's like spending 100k or more. I think that's an acceptable gold drain. Same for the Kaleido Boxes.

I love this game so much. The microtransaction scheme really, really, REALLY gets in the way though.

It's real easy to make 10k in one or two runs in the real game, I use to farm lower level dungeons as my 70 witch and make 500-600k a day with just her and that was back when witch was terrible-ish. What I think should be done instead of having them sold for cheap by Seria is increase the drop rate of skel key fragments to not-one-in-a-billion-zillion and lower the drop rate of Lost treasures from old DFO, which was about 2-3 every run.

As for avatars, I do hope Neople makes them cheaper to buy and includes a few of the plans they have in kDnF, like the ability to buy a cheaper set but having it untradeable or have cheap rented sets for a few bucks on a 30 or so day limit. I also remember reading that they give out a lot of time limited avatars to characters to use for leveling, that would be nice. But while that's nice and all, I think the biggest problems with avatars in the Nexon DFO was the economy, which made it impossible for anyone not hardcore grinding or buying gold to get a half-way decent set, never mind rares, you'd have to sell your soul for that. In fact, the whole reason I had all 4 mage sub classes wasn't because I enjoyed them, it was because it'd cost too much money to buy a whole set for Slayer or Gunner and I ended up concluding that it was just cheaper and easier on my playtime to share avatars between my mages instead of playing something else. I'm sure Neople realize this and take actions to adjust prices/practices for the global release to be more inline with the options available to the Korean Dungeon and Fighter crowd.

Astarte

Good god, the feeling of getting a skeleton key fragment when it could have been a pink is the worst feeling in the world.

Armaros

Good god, the feeling of getting a skeleton key fragment when it could have been a pink is the worst feeling in the world.

Ragnarok online did that to me as well, get the worthless item that drops as the same rate as one of the most valuable cards in the game! FML. Anyone that knows anything about RO, ive gotten 3 halos from angeling from my lifetime playing it...

Just heard Neople brought this game back. Good on them. I loved the game when it first came out but I quickly stopped playing as I didn't want to support the obvious money grab Nexon turned the game into.

It's also good to be able to try out the newer classes. Is it just me or is playing the Male Mage essentially the playing game on Easy mode? His combo attack is ranged homing projectile and his class gimmick is resurrecting.

Just heard Neople brought this game back. Good on them. I loved the game when it first came out but I quickly stopped playing as I didn't want to support the obvious money grab Nexon turned the game into.

It's also good to be able to try out the newer classes. Is it just me or is playing the Male Mage essentially the playing game on Easy mode? His combo attack is ranged homing projectile and his class gimmick is resurrecting.

makes alchemist the perfect profession for him since he never needs pots

PvE? It's pretty easy since you get a free life and the cooldown is low there. Take some oil flasks and bombs with you so you can kill yourself in a dungeon and get a free heal from it. In PvP, the auto revive doesn't mean much since you'll just get slapped the second you get back on your feet.

Ultratech

It's real easy to make 10k in one or two runs in the real game, I use to farm lower level dungeons as my 70 witch and make 500-600k a day with just her and that was back when witch was terrible-ish. What I think should be done instead of having them sold for cheap by Seria is increase the drop rate of skel key fragments to not-one-in-a-billion-zillion and lower the drop rate of Lost treasures from old DFO, which was about 2-3 every run.

As for avatars, I do hope Neople makes them cheaper to buy and includes a few of the plans they have in kDnF, like the ability to buy a cheaper set but having it untradeable or have cheap rented sets for a few bucks on a 30 or so day limit. I also remember reading that they give out a lot of time limited avatars to characters to use for leveling, that would be nice. But while that's nice and all, I think the biggest problems with avatars in the Nexon DFO was the economy, which made it impossible for anyone not hardcore grinding or buying gold to get a half-way decent set, never mind rares, you'd have to sell your soul for that. In fact, the whole reason I had all 4 mage sub classes wasn't because I enjoyed them, it was because it'd cost too much money to buy a whole set for Slayer or Gunner and I ended up concluding that it was just cheaper and easier on my playtime to share avatars between my mages instead of playing something else. I'm sure Neople realize this and take actions to adjust prices/practices for the global release to be more inline with the options available to the Korean Dungeon and Fighter crowd.

To be fair, Nexon America got real greedy and made some things that you could actually buy for gold in kDNF actually cost NX.
And what very few Avatars you got for free (usually from special events) were usually crap or lasted for only 30 days.
(Frankly, quite a few things they withheld or did were pretty baffling.)

At one point, Avatars were actually pretty damn cheap (through the Auction House), then Nexon went and broke the economy and the prices on them skyrocketed.

To be fair, Nexon America got real greedy and made some things that you could actually buy for gold in kDNF actually cost NX.
And what very few Avatars you got for free (usually from special events) were usually crap or lasted for only 30 days.

At one point, Avatars were actually pretty damn cheap (through the Auction House), then Nexon went and broke the economy and the prices on them skyrocketed.

what are these things you speak of that cost gold
id like to know

Puru

Tried a launcher even if i wasn't that interested in the gunner class and it's kinda fun to use those giant guns and destroy everything in front of me while being nearly untouchable. I also tried a slayer but i gave up after the second dungeon, they just feel so slow.

Ragnarok online did that to me as well, get the worthless item that drops as the same rate as one of the most valuable cards in the game! FML. Anyone that knows anything about RO, ive gotten 3 halos from angeling from my lifetime playing it...

Even if the card sucked, i got an ice pick [1] from RSX 0806 and a Circlet or something from Stormy Knight, same drop rate than their card.
Feels bad, my RO adventure would have been complete if i had gotten an mvp card.

I was a little confused with your "to be fair" start, thinking you were going to defend Nexon America but guess not. Nexon America made the player shops NX only, while before in kDnF you would just use gold to open one up instead. I saw very little point in having a player shop open in DFO when you could just use that money to unlock the selling of NX items/avatars and unlimit the listing of the AH.

The economy was alright for awhile but the bots came out in full force and started to kill everything in the game, while nexon laughed as the world died.

Ultratech

what are these things you speak of that cost gold
id like to know

I can't remember everything off-hand.

Like for example, a shop license (used to make your own shop; cost about $5 to get in DFO).

Lethe's Water (SP Reset potion) was the biggest ripoff. Nexon made it like ~$20.
(Was a bit cheaper in kDNF before they removed it from the Cash Shop and made it free.)

MisterHero

Yup, a whole custom set of Selectable Avatars cost anywhere from $20-40. Sometimes the event sets were $20.

In general though I think people would be more inclined to buying stuff if they were treated as casual consumption and not big investments.

Ultratech said:
The introduction of Bind Cubes may have caused that to happen. I think Bind Cubes are fun good idea but it obviously kinda backfired.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
I don't know if this has been done already in the thread but what are the major differences in gameplay and cash shop/purchasable things between our DFO and the Korean/Chinese game?

And maybe as far as what Nexon of America did that was different than the overseas versions?

MisterHero

[QUOTE="D";113058205]I don't know if this has been done already in the thread but what are the major differences in gameplay and cash shop/purchasable things between our DFO and the Korean/Chinese game?

And maybe as far as what Nexon of America did that was different than the overseas versions?[/QUOTE]
http://dfcentral.com/system/sera-shop/
^^^ Translation of DnFChina's shop

There's also a VIP program where you can find tokens in dungeons and trade them in for random Cera (their NX equivalent) items.

I'm not 100% sure on this next part but I think sometimes you can buy gold and pink equipment from their store.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
still no word from Neople on the "rumored" end of the alpha test tonight?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
damn, murderous wave is beastly. im definetely going asura again after the alpha

Astarte

DFO Facebook Page said:
It is really great to see so many of you enjoying the game and cheering for us – we are really happy and excited as well.

Through this Alpha Test, we are trying to assess the possibility of reopening the game. Many of you have been showing a tremendous amount of support, and for us to reopen the game we really need the DFO community to continue to support us and the game.

Here at Neople we will do our best to make the game as enjoyable as possible. Please show us the power of DFO community in bringing this game back – help us so that Neople and the DFO community can work together to have DFO back online!

We do read your comments very carefully so we know what everyone has been asking – if there is any news we promise to make an announcement here as soon as we can. We know many of you are frustrated but we really would appreciate your patience in this.

Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts!

Wipes confirmed for weeks later

then lets make the next hope period June 4th
its my birthday afterall
ill just force it to happen by making a wish
thats how it works right?

Top Bottom