• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Fighter Online [Alpha Test] |OT| We are not your kind of Neople

Kouriozan

Oh, so the Alpha will stay until they are sure they can launch the game (= they will get enough money).
Guess more time to try other characters.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Oh, so the Alpha will stay until they are sure they can launch the game (= they will get enough money).
Guess more time to try other characters.

All of this is pure speculation. There's still no confirmed beta date one way or the other. Could be tomorrow, could be late summer. I just wish they'd stop being coy and simply come out and tell us already.

Trying to hold off on playing til beta starts but it aint easy. Thank God I can play Elsword in the meantime but even that's getting redundant now.

Kouriozan

I'll be online with my F.Mage for one or two hours so if someone can invite me to the guild I'll be happy :)
Tried asking Pejo but he seems to be AFK.
Name is KourioChan by the way.

EDIT : nevermind, looks like everyone stopped playing already, it's Alpha after all~

omlet

What a weird statement.

Yeah, I don't get what they want.

Do they expect us to spend weeks investing in characters that are going to get wiped? Not doing it, sorry neople, been down that road before and this game doesn't need alpha testing to this extent. I mean, "help us" they say, but they don't say how--what kind of support are they even talking about?

ShinMaruku

I had 5 characters I kicked around, Rouge,Elementalist,battlemage,Necromancer and Elemental Bomber. Loved my elementalist and rouge the most though. But my battlemage was big fun too.

Neople just nuked the bots guys
Neople confirmed as competant unlike Nexon
eSX5q.gif

Astarte

So with Nexon out of the picture, is the game less the bad sort of F2P game and more the good sort?

Well, hopefully now we'll have a company that actually does things on time and actually listens to the community. If you're talking about the cash shop itself, I'd imagine that stupid ass events like "paying money to get a ticket that stops kiri from breaking your +13 weapon" are still in.
Everything from here on out is UP!

stupid ass events like "paying money to get a ticket that stops kiri from breaking your +13 weapon" are still in.

Hrrrrrrmmm... not sure how I feel about this.

Well I enjoyed the original DFO enough I guess. Though I had trouble coping with the fact that there were "good for PVP but not PVE" classes and "good for PVE but not PVP" classes because that meant spending more money on two separate characters at least.

God. Neople is useful. Nexon really sucks. I remember a few weeks ago in Maple, I told a GM some dude was hacking a very public map. GM told me, "We'll look into it". They never did.

Yeah even Maplestory, Nexon's biggest game, was plagued with tons and tons and tons of bots.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
God. Neople is useful. Nexon really sucks. I remember a few weeks ago in Maple, I told a GM some dude was hacking a very public map. GM told me, "We'll look into it". They never did.

I got hacked on maplestory twice. I didnt get any sort of notice the first time, and the second time they responded so late that they said there was nothing they could do. I wish korean nexon would do something about that shit.

I got hacked on maplestory twice. I didnt get any sort of notice the first time, and the second time they responded so late that they said there was nothing they could do. I wish korean nexon would do something about that shit.

well maybe this games success will make Nexon NA look bad
theres the motivation to play Alpha
ruin Nexon NA
cause if this succeeds then Nexon NA lied then Nexon KR be like hmm wonder what else they lied about?

that their wasnt enough interest in the game
atleast that was their reason for shutting the game down
and common sense states they had to tell their superiors something

I always thought the higher ups in Korea wanted to pull the plug, but then again who really knows. The way Nexon NA is related to Nexon KR is strange. They are a branch of the corporation and yet don't seem to have much of a relationship with the main HQ. I think they had to pay a license to host DFO, is that strange?

Armaros

I always thought the higher ups in Korea wanted to pull the plug, but then again who really knows. The way Nexon NA is related to Nexon KR is strange. They are a branch of the corporation and yet don't seem to have much of a relationship with the main HQ. I think they had to pay a license to host DFO, is that strange?

I know from my olden days playing Ragnarok Online, the NA devs had to 'buy' (license) updates from the original Korean devs.

MisterHero

I'll be online with my F.Mage for one or two hours so if someone can invite me to the guild I'll be happy :)
Tried asking Pejo but he seems to be AFK.
Name is KourioChan by the way.

EDIT : nevermind, looks like everyone stopped playing already, it's Alpha after all~
I might be playing today (Saturday).

I have 2 characters at ~Lv40 so if anyone wants to play just PM me here, in-game, or sometime. :p

Korten

Banned
Is it safe to assume all characters will be wiped at some point?

Edit: Saw a post earlier about wipes... Still unsure if I want to play now.

Is it safe to assume all characters will be wiped at some point?

Edit: Saw a post earlier about wipes... Still unsure if I want to play now.

I'd recommend playing a little bit to gauge your interest, there is no need to play for too long. I am one of those people holding off on playing too much until more details are released of the game's future.

MisterHero

I got a Pink Cross and a Legacy Staff in 2 consecutive pot rolls.

The Legacy is Lv65. If I can sell it the gold will cover me for a long time. :D

It's literally impossible to do any cube quests. Literally. Unless you spend hours spamming chat for someone to trade. Its just sad how fucking hard it is to get cubes. I've dissembled 10x blue weapons and not once have I gotten any red. This is really fucking stupid.

Top Bottom