• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Siege III |OT| Obsidian plus complete lack of ambition equals...

Effect

Couldn't find the game for the price I wanted on the PS3 so ended up with the PC version from Amazon.com. The downloadable version is $4.99 at the moment. Installed it this morning before heading out and even though I just did beginning until the first save point so far so good. Normally I don't like using my Xbox controller with my PC but thinking I'm going have to stop letting that bother me. Really shouldn't matter if I'm playing it on the PC or the console as long as it plays and it controls well in the end no matter the method. My computer is more then capable of playing it with the settings on high (auto detect put everything at the highest settings with one extreme I think) it seems so I'm happy. I just hope the rest of the game holds up.

I normally dislike getting digital versions because I just have a DSL connection and that means downloading over night and sometimes two or three nights when my connection is at it's fastest. It's just not worth the extra cost for me to get a faster connection at the moment. Have been thinking of getting Amalur so here's hoping I can find the PC retail copy (so I can mod the difficulty) cheap and not have to download that version either.

Effect

Wow. Vera was such a pain. Interesting how much just increasing one level helped though. Get the feeling I'll be doing a lot of that. Grinding until I get another level and then retrying an area or boss.

Yuripaw

Banned
Wow. Vera was such a pain. Interesting how much just increasing one level helped though. Get the feeling I'll be doing a lot of that. Grinding until I get another level and then retrying an area or boss.

How's the PC version been running for you? I posted a while back about the performance of the PC version and haven't had any responses to it really.

I bought it during a steam sale, got all 3 DS games for $10, and DS3 wasn't really running that great for me. I was surprised by how choppy it was, when a lot of lesser games run pretty good for me.

Effect

It's been running fine. I had it freeze up on me once but not sure if it was the game or because I also had my browser open and it had a lot of tabs open at the same time. Here are my specs if it helps.

AMD Phenom II X4 2.8GHZ
Windows Vista Home Premium
4gb of ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560

Haven't found anything I can complain about though I'm still in the beginning part of the game.

inky

How's the PC version been running for you? I posted a while back about the performance of the PC version and haven't had any responses to it really.

I played this for 3-4 hours yesterday and had no problems with the PC version. Running @ 60 fps in an oldish quad core and a 560 ti. That said, I had FRAPS turned on for some time because I did feel some sporadic chopping, but the framerate never went down so it might something with how the game works that makes it look that way and not exactly frames dropping.

I've been having fun, but games like this in general really need to explain some things better. I guess it's not that hard to figure out what stats do, but some things are pretty obscure. For example, I can build my warrior dude so that a percentage of his Will is turned into damage I guess, and I have a couple of good Will items equipped, but it doesn't really show me the benefit of building it that way over critical chance or stuns or raw dmg for instance. I shouldn't have to go online and search for this stuff but whatever. Not a terrible game so far.

Labadal

I played this for 3-4 hours yesterday and had no problems with the PC version. Running @ 60 fps in an oldish quad core and a 560 ti. That said, I had FRAPS turned on for some time because I did feel some sporadic chopping, but the framerate never went down so it might something with how the game works that makes it look that way and not exactly frames dropping.

I've been having fun, but games like this in general really need to explain some things better. I guess it's not that hard to figure out what stats do, but some things are pretty obscure. For example, I can build my warrior dude so that a percentage of his Will is turned into damage I guess, and I have a couple of good Will items equipped, but it doesn't really show me the benefit of building it that way over critical chance or stuns or raw dmg for instance. I shouldn't have to go online and search for this stuff but whatever. Not a terrible game so far.

They explain all of this. Go to the in game pause screen and enter the help section. I read it all.

inky

Well, I feel dumb now.

Edit: I checked and it doesn't really specifies what it does really. It says it is connected to magic and affect your ability power but that's about it. Anyway, kept playing it and the game is really enjoyable. It is a shame that is has bs slave co-op, 'cause it would be a much better game that way.

Tizoc

Saw the game being sold for $25 at a shop, feeling tempted to get it but I don't think I'm familiar with this type of game @_@

zkylon

zkylewd
Just bought this the other day on PC and I want to play couch co-op with my brother....is that possible with the PC version?

Labadal

Never tried that combo tbh. Only played with 2 controllers hooked up.

I think I read somewhere that M&KB + gamepad is a no go, but I never tried it.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I am interested in this game, seems like my cup of tea at the moment. You can play with 2 Xbox controllers I read....

Is it at least decent? Will it be fun enough for me and my buddy to sit some hours every now and then and enjoy some hack and slash and magic and shitflying action with some decent story?

Almost about to pull the trigger on Steam... 20bucks.

I am interested in this game, seems like my cup of tea at the moment. You can play with 2 Xbox controllers I read....

Is it at least decent? Will it be fun enough for me and my buddy to sit some hours every now and then and enjoy some hack and slash and magic and shitflying action with some decent story?

Almost about to pull the trigger on Steam... 20bucks.

story is a cut above most dungeon crawlers. But below usual Obsidian standards if you like that sort of thing. Be warned, lots of dialogue (mostly optional) if you choose to dig deeper into the story. The action is fun, though I haven't played it tethered to the other character, so I can't comment on how it plays in that regard.

Ventrue

Can someone tell me what happens in co-op when one player dies? I want to know how suitable this is to play with someone less skilled at games.

Gvaz

Banned
It's not really HnS anymore, it's just kind of sit on your couch and button spam and veg out.

Maybe if you were stoned this would be amazing but otherwise...

Top Bottom