• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeons of Dredmor |OT| it's roguelike, it has graphics, it's funny and it's $4.49

Berksy

mrgone said:
13 hours and I'm still finding new references every time I play, pretty much. I just picked up a pan galactic gargle blaster, and noticed that the interdimensional axe is the axe from Quake!
On floor 3 I found a tome which says "a hero from another world came and save us. We hid his rocket launcher somewhere.". Then I found a room with some helmet, galactic axe and some staff with high rating, all of them next to other. I wonder if it is merely coincidental.

mrgone

Berksy said:
On floor 3 I found a tome which says "a hero from another world came and save us. We hid his rocket launcher somewhere.". Then I found a room with some helmet, galactic axe and some staff with high rating, all of them next to other. I wonder if it is merely coincidental.
Doesn't seem like there's much coincidence in this game :) All of level 3 looks like something pulled straight out of Doom. Even Brax, the shopkeeper - "Buy somethin', will ya?" is from The Legend of Zelda, and I'm pretty sure that loud suit of his is a reference to Stan from Monkey Island

mrgone said:
13 hours and I'm still finding new references every time I play, pretty much. I just picked up a pan galactic gargle blaster, and noticed that the interdimensional axe is the axe from Quake!
Speaking of game references I don't know if anyone mentioned the skill "Nerve Staple" and it's flavor text. It's an Alpha Centauri reference, you can Nerve Staple your drones to force them to continue working but it causes all the the other human AIs to "impose economic sanctions" on you for a few turns. On the same token it has dimenishing returns and eventually the citizens in the base you used it on will become immune - much like how the spell stacks a resistance buff on the enemy so it causes diminishing returns.

Thought it was pretty clever.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is someone keeping track of the rankings throughout our games? Something like 10 points for the 1st, 9 points for the 2nd, 8 points for the 3rd... etc etc.
Would be more incentive to participate each week.

jayTOH

KittenMaster said:
I think Alchemy can.
Houston3000 said:
Yep, it's Alchemy.

Brimstone + Saltpeter (or it might be chalk) + Coal

Wow, I'm an idiot. I've been looking right past that recipe for so long. Thanks, fellas. The recipe is Brimstone + Saltpetre + Bituminous Coal. Of course the follow-up question: can you craft Brimstone, Saltpetre, Bituminous Coal, or Chalk? Alchemy and Tinkering will be a lot more fun if so.

Volodja

Just finished my second run getting myself killed by the hands of a named carrot that hit me like a truck.
I should have been more careful.

Reached the last few rooms of Level 5. I managed to find only 1 decent sword in the whole run, and it got corrupted right after I found it, but it was still pretty good.

Score for the second run only: 243140

I'll upload screens of my runs as soon as I finish them all.

Volodja

Finished the third run too.

Summary:

Run 1:
Opened the first door, died to a swarm of enemies.
Score: 108

Run 2:
Reached the fifth level of the dungeon and died to a named enemy.
Score: 243140

Run 3:
Another failure, died to 4 or 5 enemies at the fourth door I opened. Usually at that point there are ways to help yourself, but the room I had found with traps to help me had both the dart traps blocked by stuff and my damage output and defence were too low to do anything. Tried using the invisibility shroom but even then the enemies stayed right in my face till it run out.
Score: 336

Total: 243584

KuroNeeko

Finished my three builds as well.

First Run: 184. Ran into a room of Diggles and Batties. Wasn't much I could do. I tried to flee back towards the entrance so I could take them one at a time but I didn't have the healing / evasion to survive.

Second Run: 492.
Went a lot more smoothly. I find an anvil of Kroog right off the bat, but I left it behind; planning on going back once I found something worth enchanting. My death came mostly from inexperience. I took on an Enraged Diggle without knowing how strong they were and wasted a movement on a failed attempt at Knightly Leap (it was my first time. :( )

Third Run: 212. Again, opened into a room full of Diggles and Batties. Tried to run away to the second level but retreat when I saw a named monster in the room. Death ensued.

Total: 888. :(

In retrospect, I think I had a bit of bad luck. Also, my abilities at level one were limited to attack only. Lack of a crafting skill may have hurt as well. Oh well, it was still fun and now I know how to use Knightly Leap.

Volodja said:
Finished the third run too.

Summary:

Run 1:
Opened the first door, died to a swarm of enemies.
Score: 108

Run 2:
Reached the fifth level of the dungeon and died to a named enemy.
Score: 243140

Run 3:
Another failure, died to 4 or 5 enemies at the fourth door I opened. Usually at that point there are ways to help yourself, but the room I had found with traps to help me had both the dart traps blocked by stuff and my damage output and defence were too low to do anything. Tried using the invisibility shroom but even then the enemies stayed right in my face till it run out.
Score: 336

Total: 243584

How did it play in the end? Did you find Master of Arms and Artful Dodge redundant? I didn't have a lot of experience with weapon choices, so your previous post on Swords was quite interesting.

Volodja

KuroNeeko said:
How did it play in the end? Did you find Master of Arms and Artful Dodge redundant? I didn't have a lot of experience with weapon choices, so your previous post on Swords was quite interesting.
More than being redundant, it wasn't utilized.
In the end I didn't have a chance (or a reason, up till that point) to level Artful Dodger, Perception or Viking Magic (or Dual Wielding, but that's bugged so I actively avoided doing so).
I started dodging a little bit more towards the end of the run after I changed my Bronze Greaves with some other boots that gave me the same Absorption and +10 dodge instead of block (I was already pushing 30 in that stat and 3 less points didn't seem like a tragedy) and either Artful Dodger or Perception would have been the next skill trees I would have started leveling because I was running out of options having finished Fungal Arts, Swords and Master of Arms. However until I changed my boots my dodge was just kept really low by my use of heavy armor that tends to cut both dodge (or nimbleness) and magic power and I didn't feel like compromising. I preferred having a really good block chance and armor absorption and bad dodge rather than having them all be just decent. I also prefer damage reduction to chance of avoiding damage, especially when I already had a decent counter chance to do a similar thing.
I suppose in the next levels it could have helped with survivability, but that wasn't really a problem for me at that stage because most of the enemies didn't really hit that hard and I had many ways to keep me out of trouble when I was running low on health (invisibility shroom + healing shroom + hiding and I also had a lot of bolts and wands that I never really used).
As for Viking Magic, having low magic power it cost me quite a bit to use the first spell and it drained mana so I couldn't keep it up outside of the fights, but the bonus it gave me in the fights didn't seem to be worth the turn it took to cast. Basically with or without it I still killed the monsters in the same number of hits (usually 1 or 2). Didn't have a chance to ever see the later spells.

One problem i have found with this build is that in the early game you are quite vulnerable until you find a second sword (and it isn't always easy).
The reasons I go with 2 weapons masteries with my dual wielding builds are a better possibility of finding good equipment in at least one of the categories, having 2 aoe skills and because you have 2 weapons right from the beginning, giving you the ability to deal 7 damage from the first turn without having to use mana which is pretty sweet.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Rest in peace Biff Rockfist, you were a kicking machine. ;_;

YxKgM.jpg

Rest in peace Biff Rockfist, you were a kicking machine. ;_;
And yet Sir Diesalot was the Footman.

The reasons I go with 2 weapons masteries with my dual wielding builds are a better possibility of finding good equipment in at least one of the categories, having 2 aoe skills and because you have 2 weapons right from the beginning, giving you the ability to deal 7 damage from the first turn without having to use mana which is pretty sweet.
Yeah, having two weapon skill trees in my build that I keep raving about was pretty nice. Staves seem to be excellent as a second weapon to dual-wield with as long as you have a great primary weapon.

Orlandu84

You all just convinced me to get this game - and here I thought that I was done with buying games with the Steam Summer Sale.

Volodja

KittenMaster said:
And yet Sir Diesalot was the Footman.

Yeah, having two weapon skill trees in my build that I keep raving about was pretty nice. Staves seem to be excellent as a second weapon to dual-wield with as long as you have a great primary weapon.
Staves seem pretty nice but I never used them in a non mage character and as a result I never leveled the tree that much.
What I know is that in every run I go melee in (most of my runs) I find some incredible staves, far better than anything else I find that I could actually use.

Right now I'm going through the most pissed off Floor 1 I've ever seen in this game.
It is a continuous stream of enemies, every corner there are bands of 15 monsters waiting, even where I already passed. I've just finished erasing a group of 25 mobs that came out of nowhere. Maybe it is because I took a bit of time waiting for the cooldown for the spores to end but this is ridicolous and it's not making things any faster. I mow them down in one hit each but then I feel the duty to sprinkle spores on them and that's more waiting and more monsters swarming me.
So wierd.

KuroNeeko

I don't know how you guys are doing it - I can't seem to get past the 1st floor and I very rarely reach level 3.

Been playing around with a few builds.
The ones I like the most so far are my Caine build (Unarmed, Artful Dodger, Deadshot, Perception, Burglary, Tinkering, Thrown Weapon specialization.

and my mage with Wand Specialization.

Either way I get my arse handed to me. Need to start FRAPSing my games. :/

Volodja

KuroNeeko said:
I don't know how you guys are doing it - I can't seem to get past the 1st floor and I very rarely reach level 3.

Been playing around with a few builds.
The ones I like the most so far are my Caine build (Unarmed, Artful Dodger, Deadshot, Perception, Burglary, Tinkering, Thrown Weapon specialization.

and my mage with Wand Specialization.

Either way I get my arse handed to me. Need to start FRAPSing my games. :/
These are some things I do to start, if I don't die on the very first rooms.
If you are going melee you have to try to always fight at a choke, if you get surrounded you could be pretty screwed, at least at the beginning. Try to get your enemies to form a line in front of you and move so that only 1 enemy can attack you at a time and so that you won't be surrounded next turn.
Don't disarm the dart traps but use them to kill enemies. If there is a bunch of them in front of you, put yourself behind a trap so that it softens them up, this obviously gets even better if you managed to make them form a line. Some of the rooms with the dart traps always in the same spots (like the one with the two parallel 1 square corridors separated by a thin wall) are great for this purpose.
If you are against one enemy and you don't have much health left, dance with him around the trap, he will kill himself with the darts.
Try to always have a way to back up into a choke or a trap room, open one door at a time and explore the room so that no enemies will come out of nowhere as soon as you open the next door outside of the ones that spaw in the already visited areas (sometimes they will get in your way and get you killed). As an unarmed user abuse the knockback kick, it's basically a free attack and will sometimes kill an enemy that your normal attack couldn't. Also, use two shields because you don't have to use your hands for anything else. The kick can also knock back traps and obstacles and in the room with the chamber protected by the acid dart trap and two entrances with the bars you can knock the bars back and have access to the (usually pretty decent) loot.
I tend to keep all my wands and arrows, and food too because you never know when you will need them. On this note keep every crafting device you can find, they can contain multiple objects while taking only one spot in the inventory and you can also stack items you can't normally stack inside of them (but they are gonna patch this as far as I know).

Wallach

Well, attempt #2 is going okay, clearing out floor 2 now. I still don't think this build is going to get more than 150-200k points. There's really not much way to handle floors 4/5 without running out of consumables; no heasl, no escape moves, no ranged bonuses or attacks. I'm having better luck with bolts and bolt vending machines this time but I'll need a lot more to get anywhere on floor 5.

Volodja

Wallach said:
Well, attempt #2 is going okay, clearing out floor 2 now. I still don't think this build is going to get more than 150-200k points. There's really not much way to handle floors 4/5 without running out of consumables; no heasl, no escape moves, no ranged bonuses or attacks. I'm having better luck with bolts and bolt vending machines this time but I'll need a lot more to get anywhere on floor 5.
Mh, that's wierd. I barely used any of my ranged items by level 4 with that build. I basically one-shotted everything that came near me and as far as the enemies that have ranged abilities go, I just took cover behind walls so that the only character that could attack me were the ones already in my reach.
But yeah, I have to admit that I should have tought about a long term suvivability system, it's just that whenever I use the build I always find myself with an impressive surplus of food and useful items. Maybe I was just damn lucky every time though, especially with weapons or in general damage bonuses.
As a matter of fact I don't think I'll ever start another character of that type without fungal arts, it's just too useful. One simple skill and money, healing, mana and escaping are taken care of at the cost of a reaaaally tedious task.

Staves seem pretty nice but I never used them in a non mage character and as a result I never leveled the tree that much.
What I know is that in every run I go melee in (most of my runs) I find some incredible staves, far better than anything else I find that I could actually use.
The reason I chose to dual-wield Axes + Staves was because I was running a Vampirism build, and I wanted to try using the magic gain from Staves to improve the life sucking ability. Even then, I was actually impressed by how useful a good earlygame staff can be even if it's not designed to support magic (some staves give Defense).

It helped that my setup used two spell schools though.

Right now I'm going through the most pissed off Floor 1 I've ever seen in this game.
It is a continuous stream of enemies, every corner there are bands of 15 monsters waiting, even where I already passed. I've just finished erasing a group of 25 mobs that came out of nowhere. Maybe it is because I took a bit of time waiting for the cooldown for the spores to end but this is ridicolous and it's not making things any faster. I mow them down in one hit each but then I feel the duty to sprinkle spores on them and that's more waiting and more monsters swarming me.
So wierd.
I hadn't had a First floor like that (arguably I've had worse. I almost posted a screenshot of me encountering a first room full of enemies + a Zomby and it was the only room available to enter). I found as I traveled through floors past 1, that it was actually much faster to level up than on Dwarven Moderation because the game keeps sending enemies at you until you've done all of the quests or so.

Ooccoo

I'm still rocking with my 5 stars sword, now on the second floor. I almost feel invincible. I hit for around 17 and my crits do around 21. I'm now taking care of the zoo with the help of traps and narrow halls. I almost died though in a room with like 10 batties, they got around my character and started to combo, I managed to escape and beat them though. Also killed a monster with some kind of aura, looked like a robot. I love this game!

Volodja

KittenMaster said:
The reason I chose to dual-wield Axes + Staves was because I was running a Vampirism build, and I wanted to try using the magic gain from Staves to improve the life sucking ability. Even then, I was actually impressed by how useful a good earlygame staff can be even if it's not designed to support magic (some staves give Defense).

It helped that my setup used two spell schools though.
Well, if you have mastery the staves give you a bonus of 2 to block by default and yeah, in general there are some of them that give bonus to block like the bo staff.
I am doing a mage now with dual wielding staves only because I hope to find some of the really good ones later in the game with huge bonuses to magic power, otherwise I'll just use what I find and an orb.
KittenMaster said:
I hadn't had a First floor like that (arguably I've had worse. I almost posted a screenshot of me encountering a first room full of enemies + a Zomby and it was the only room available to enter). I found as I traveled through floors past 1, that it was actually much faster to level up than on Dwarven Moderation because the game keeps sending enemies at you until you've done all of the quests or so.
Well, I was talking about runs that are not dead on arrival. I have had countless starts like the one you said, or even better ones with enemies already in the room you start in, 2 squares away from you.

TP17

Currently on my best run on Going Rogue difficulty. I have completely explored all areas of floor 1 - only have 1/3 quests given on it left but I'm not going to spend my time searching for the enemies to complete it. I used the following skills:

- Staves
- Maces
- Dual Wielding
- Artful Dodger
- Assassination
- Burglary
- Smithing

I hadn't used Burglary or Staves before this run. It's also the first time I have had two weapon skills and thanks to those who mentioned how having two weapons to begin with does provides a boost in getting started as it did. I have now created a spear with was blessed at the anvil and also a trident so I'm hitting for good damage.

Burglary has been a life saver too. Moved down to level 2 and I hit the monster zoo early on. I screw myself attempting to shut the door and take a lot of damage. It looks like I have no escape as a zomby boxed me into a corner, I manage to kill him and then use the ninja vanish skill to escape down to the nearby stairs on level 3, got lucky with only 3 enemies in the room down there with one of them asleep. Took care of them and regrouped before heading back up and escaping the zoo through another door on floor 2, shutting it and the monster zoo behind me. Was a lot of fun, my greatest escape so far - is there only one monster zoo on each floor? If so I think I'll explore the rest of floor 2 before taking care of the zoo.

Wallach

Volodja said:
Mh, that's wierd. I barely used any of my ranged items by level 4 with that build. I basically one-shotted everything that came near me and as far as the enemies that have ranged abilities go, I just took cover behind walls so that the only character that could attack me were the ones already in my reach.
But yeah, I have to admit that I should have tought about a long term suvivability system, it's just that whenever I use the build I always find myself with an impressive surplus of food and useful items. Maybe I was just damn lucky every time though, especially with weapons or in general damage bonuses.
As a matter of fact I don't think I'll ever start another character of that type without fungal arts, it's just too useful. One simple skill and money, healing, mana and escaping are taken care of at the cost of a reaaaally tedious task.

I'm not using too many before floor 4, but it depends on what kind of named monsters you pull. Early named robots in particular are too dangerous to melee.

I'm finishing up floor 4 right now, and while I have a bit more healing items this time, part of that has been the size of the monster zoos up to here. Last game each one was rather large, but this time all three so far have been only moderate sized rooms. Has helped with my supply of consumables. Don't think I have enough left to get past floor 5 though; even with two 8 star weapons that are both artifact, I can't even two-shot Pumpkins, and most enemies take at least two swings. That is killing my health efficiency, even with stuff like Embossed Serpentine Mail, Winged Aluminum Boots, etc. I'm tempted to dodge floor 5 altogether with the number of Witchies and Diggle Commandos on that floor.

If I can find a couple items I can craft a bit stronger weapons but that's pure RNG and its not favoring me right now.

Edit: About what I figured:

BCsip.jpg

This was in the monster zoo on floor 5. It was one of the large ones, and by the time I got to this named I'd gone through 4 wands, 20-30 bolts (including a squid and BMD) and most of my food. Figured I'd just stand and fight to see which of us died first, and he won by a swing. Oh well.

Am I the only one left to finish? I kinda want to be done with this build, haha.

Wallach

Well, I guess the game solved that problem for me!

gkbqv.jpg

Start game, open door, seven diggles, no items, fox only, final destination.

So, that leaves me with a grand total of 295,576 for this contest.

Melee blows in this game. Next patch really needs to arrive.

Volodja

Damn, I'm sorry it turned out to be such a miserable experience with that build.
Do you think that having fungal arts instead of deadshot could have made it more viable or do you think that melee is just not good enough and not having a sizable ranged component in the way the game is right now spells doom?

Wallach

Volodja said:
Damn, I'm sorry it turned out to be such a miserable experience with that build.
Do you think that having fungal arts instead of deadshot could have made it more viable or do you think that melee is just not good enough and not having a sizable ranged component in the way the game is right now spells doom?

Well, bear in mind part of it is just me being a whiner. I'm used to playing mages, so this felt really tedious.

I think Fungal Arts would make it a lot more viable. You'd have a pet, the confusion proc, and a metric ton of extra consumables by the time you got to floor 5. That floor is where things really turn to shit for a melee-centric build. But, keep in mind that in the next patch this won't remain as true because they are adding pierce mitigation to heavy armor. If I had that in this setup I would have fared quite a lot better; health efficiency is paramount when playing melee and the difference between taking 1-2 per hit and 7-10 per hit is simply too much to handle with just spawned consumables. If everything was just doing 1-4 per hit you can imagine how much further I would have been able to stretch my consumables against all the pierce enemies.

I think the bigger problem for this build is that there just isn't anything to do. You don't use your mana and since Smithing is so powerful, you have no buttons to press for ages. In fact in the ~160k point run I literally had no active abilities whatsoever. Just melee attack and items. Even if this build were much more effective, I'm not sure I'd say it was fun.

BTW, Deadshot currently does not work on ranged attacks at all. It only works in melee.

Volodja

Wallach said:
Well, bear in mind part of it is just me being a whiner. I'm used to playing mages, so this felt really tedious.

I think Fungal Arts would make it a lot more viable. You'd have a pet, the confusion proc, and a metric ton of extra consumables by the time you got to floor 5. That floor is where things really turn to shit for a melee-centric build. But, keep in mind that in the next patch this won't remain as true because they are adding pierce mitigation to heavy armor. If I had that in this setup I would have fared quite a lot better; health efficiency is paramount when playing melee and the difference between taking 1-2 per hit and 7-10 per hit is simply too much to handle with just spawned consumables. If everything was just doing 1-4 per hit you can imagine how much further I would have been able to stretch my consumables against all the pierce enemies.

I think the bigger problem for this build is that there just isn't anything to do. You don't use your mana and since Smithing is so powerful, you have no buttons to press for ages. In fact in the ~160k point run I literally had no active abilities whatsoever. Just melee attack and items. Even if this build were much more effective, I'm not sure I'd say it was fun.

BTW, Deadshot currently does not work on ranged attacks at all. It only works in melee.
I know about deadshot, I took it for the melee part, but it was an experiment and not a brilliant one at that.
However I guess that we played it pretty differently, I always max out both the weapon skills first.
I found the active skill on the mace tree to be a life saver. It blows enemies back giving you a free attack like any skill with a knock back (which is the reason Dwarven Handshake is so cool), it also makes setting yourself up for a choke holding very easy. If you are able to keep your enemies in front of you without getting surrounded it is a pretty effective "back off" move.
I also don't really remember how hard the enemies hit in floor 5, I know that the commandos were doing something like 6 damage because I couldn't help but take at least one of their attacks but they are the only ones I can remember going that high, all the other ones either dealt lower damage (1-4) or just didn't ever have a chance to hit me because they got one-shotted as soon as they were in my range. Well, at least up until I got into a fight with a named monster without keeping an eye on my health bar.
I remember that for the monster Zoo I had to use quite a bit of shrooms, especially invisibility ones, but I can't say if it's because I had no other choice or if I just did because I could, after all the position I put myself into to fight the waves of monsters was incredibly awful so maybe a decent choke with a corner to keep me safe from ranged attacks would have made the fight far less costly.

On Dwarven Moderation, floor 6 was much easier than 5. On 5 I wasn't able to complete the monster zoo because of that one single witchy that would screw me over. I assume the same is true for GR.

Wallach

Volodja said:
I know about deadshot, I took it for the melee part, but it was an experiment and not a brilliant one at that.
However I guess that we played it pretty differently, I always max out both the weapon skills first.
I found the active skill on the mace tree to be a life saver. It blows enemies back giving you a free attack like any skill with a knock back (which is the reason Dwarven Handshake is so cool), it also makes setting yourself up for a choke holding very easy. If you are able to keep your enemies in front of you without getting surrounded it is a pretty effective "back off" move.
I also don't really remember how hard the enemies hit in floor 5, I know that the commandos were doing something like 6 damage because I couldn't help but take at least one of their attacks but they are the only ones I can remember going that high, all the other ones either dealt lower damage (1-4) or just didn't ever have a chance to hit me because they got one-shotted as soon as they were in my range. Well, at least up until I got into a fight with a named monster without keeping an eye on my health bar.

Yeah, on the first game I went up to the meteor skill in maces. It's not bad for pushback but it didn't seem to do a lot of damage.

The second game, when I got to floor 5 I was able to make a Flail of Pleiades, and I had a 9 star axe in the other (I forgot what it was) so most things still died in 2 hits. I probably could have pressed on in that game but I felt like with how low my consumables were it would have been far more tedious to run for stairs, go around, scrouge for food, etc.

InertiaXr

Game 1: 332
Game 2: 308
Game 3: 1560

My skill set was:
Axes
Staves
Assassin
Dual-Wielding
Vampirism
Golemancy
Psionics

So difficult to get going with Vampirism, getting to level 2 and as such getting the Vampirism healing from dead body skill is the most important thing IMO, and I was only able to get to it once.

I picked this up yesterday and It's been kicking my ass. I'm on my best run so far and that's clearing level 1. I keep dying in insane traps or enemies dodging too many times.
-sword
-dual wielding
-fire magic
-viking magic
-dodging
-extra crits
-blood mage

So far, I've been kicking ass and I have found almost no equipment. I found some shoes and a second sword

Big question, is there anything at all you can do with the loot you don't want? No sell or turn in or even a trash bin? Should I just dump it and leave it when I know I don't need it. I have tons of useful stuff but nothing I can do with it.

I really like this game. My most successful run was 2nd floor. I had dual wield/swords/hit talent/assasination and a few others I cant remember.

Now I am playing with dual wield swords and mixing in the fire magic tree. It is really fun.

Half my deaths are from idiot things like trying to disarm a trap at 5hp.

I've only played with permadeath so far, is this how everyone is doing it?

BobTheFork said:
Big question, is there anything at all you can do with the loot you don't want? No sell or turn in or even a trash bin? Should I just dump it and leave it when I know I don't need it. I have tons of useful stuff but nothing I can do with it.

I vendor almost everything I pick up. I got a lutefish cube and started converting things to fish thinking I would get a bonus for tithing them... but got nothing after giving up 20+ fish.

Wallach

BobTheFork said:

Yeah, you can sell anything to Brax in the shops. Either drop it on him directly, or hold shift and left-click something in your inventory to sell it instantly (must be inside shop to do this). Also, if you find a Horadric Lutefisk Cube you can put something in there and it will transmute into a piece of Lutefisk, so you can dump it into Lutefisk shrines for random artifacts once you've tithed enough.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Wallach, you mentioned that Dual Wielding is bugged, right?

Which skills are bugged atm, and in what way? Is there a list? Are they completely useless?

I know about Deadshot being bugged for bolts, that it wont work at all.

Wallach

Toma said:
Wallach, you mentioned that Dual Wielding is bugged, right?

Which skills are bugged atm, and in what way? Is there a list? Are they completely useless?

I know about Artful Dodger being bugged for bolts, that it wont work at all.

From what I was told, none of the passive bonuses actually apply, and if the final rank is taken the stats on that one are subtracted instead of added (I think it's block/counter or something).

Volodja

It's the Counter Chance.
Pretty damn annoying, especially if you go with Swords that have Counters as an advantage.

Toma

Okay so we got

Deadshot - not working at all for bolts
Dual Wielding - counter chance doesnt increase, will be decreased for the last skill level

anything else?

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Toma said:
Edit2: Does autoloot work for you guys at all? I cant get it to work.
Have you pressed Esc and gone into the autoloot menu there? You tell it which items to autoloot on contact.

Wallach

Toma said:
Is that an official list? There isnt even a mention of the Deadshot Bug.

Edit: Brainfart: of course I meant Deadshot instead of Artful Dodger.

Edit2: Does autoloot work for you guys at all? I cant get it to work.

Stuff is moved off that list sometimes, so it's not comprehensive.

Autoloot has to be configured in the options (upper right corner of the pause menu in-game). You can't set every item type yet, though.

Toma

Thnikkaman said:
Have you pressed Esc and gone into the autoloot menu there? You tell it which items to autoloot on contact.

Yup, I tried both.
selecting all and walking around the room - didnt do anything.
deselecting all and walking around the room - didnt do anything.

Wallach

Toma said:
Yup, I tried both.
selecting all and walking around the room - didnt do anything.
deselecting all and walking around the room - didnt do anything.

Did you also toggle autoloot itself on? Unpause the game and look on the far left side of your bar UI. Click the autoloot button to toggle it off/on.

Toma

Wallach said:
Did you also toggle autoloot itself on? Unpause the game and look on the far left side of your bar UI. Click the autoloot button to toggle it off/on.

Well, thanks! But seriously, who notices a button THAT small >_>

Toma

Added the Deadshot bug to the list, someone saw it already since its priority got put as 2.

Top Bottom