• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors 7 |OT| - GODDAMIT NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Marvie_3 said:
Didn't even think about that. :lol
Same. Did it with Xiahou Yuan. Bows seem to be natural at it.

I really did Yuan's new look in this game.

SiegfriedFM said:
Troy very much looks like a reskin of DW6.

I think a western DW clone would run into very much the same problems as western fighters: it would have tons of blood and be very dark, gritty and serious, whereas Dynasty is flashy, unrealistic, heroic and sometimes pure slapstick. If DW ever went realistic and let you cut the heads off Da Qiao and Xiao Qiao, I would be disgusted (hello, Samurai Shodown Sen).
It's not. In a sense of core concept it is, but that's just about it. It's more similar to Fist Of The North Star than DW6.

You get 6 diverse characters. I don't think they level, you just get money to buy more items that basically function as levels. The combat is timing based. Having a shield is actually core to the gameplay element. Boss fights are WAY harder than DW's.

I don't know. When it comes to like Sengoku Basara I'm fine with a smaller roster, but Fist of the North Star, Warriors of Troy and all thats rosters are WAY too small. I vastly prefer Gundam, and Basara. DW7 I've been enjoying more than most Dynasty Warriors though.

Still want a Toku Musou

Seraphis Cain said:
Oh dammit. I was looking at the trophy list and I saw the trophy for "Hearing all conversations in Kingdom Mode".

Son of a bitch. I've finished Shu's KM and am halfway through Wu's KM and I've barely talked to anyone in the pre-battle base scenes. I'm going to be PISSED if I have to spend another 6-8 hours replaying KM's just for a bronze trophy. >_<

Can't you just stage select?

Wow I didn't even consider a trophy for something nonsensical like that.
Total dick move Tecmo Koei...or Koei Tecmo.

Gosh who the heck approved that mess?
The logo is KT but they go by the name Tecmo Koei. Drives me bonkers.

Can not stop playing this game though. Goodness.

Marvie_3

Banned
FUUUUUUUUUUUU

6s9ezt.jpg

Xater

I am confused by the European release of this game. It was supposed to be pushed back to April 8th right? Then why did I see the game today in a local store and as available in a couple of online stores.

Still picked up samurai Warriors for the 3DS and so far I actually really like it ;)

Shadow780

Seraphis Cain said:
Oh dammit. I was looking at the trophy list and I saw the trophy for "Hearing all conversations in Kingdom Mode".

Son of a bitch. I've finished Shu's KM and am halfway through Wu's KM and I've barely talked to anyone in the pre-battle base scenes. I'm going to be PISSED if I have to spend another 6-8 hours replaying KM's just for a bronze trophy. >_<
My RPG habit requires me to check and talk to everybody. :)

Haeleos

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Can not stop playing this game though. Goodness.

Good games last night. The multiplayer could not be more barebones and janky, but I still had more fun playing it that way for some reason.

Is there any way to tell what stat upgrade the level will give you as a reward in CM? I did one level last night 3 times and it gave me the attack upgrade each time I did it. Is there a limit to how many times you get the bonus? Not too sure how that stuff is working.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Shadow780 said:
My RPG habit requires me to check and talk to everybody. :)

Same. I can't fathom the amount of hours I've spent talking to worthless NPC's in RPG's over the years. It's likely a disgustingly high number.

How are they in DW7?
"The ____ will be victorious with you on our side!"
"Don't forget to equip your gear before battle!"
"My body is ready!"
"Your Musou meter builds with every attack successfully hit!"
"Damn that ____, his crimes are worse than the Yellow Turban revolt!"

Shadow780

The "remember me, my lord" guy from Shu was semi-interesting, the dude's probably the longest living person during RoTK.

Haeleos

Brandon F said:
How are they in DW7?"

For all the no name NPCs... yea pretty much.

I'll be on playing around in Conquest Mode multiplayer in a couple mins... if anyone wants to join me: PSN name is the same as my GAF name.

Xater said:
I am confused by the European release of this game. It was supposed to be pushed back to April 8th right? Then why did I see the game today in a local store and as available in a couple of online stores.

Still picked up samurai Warriors for the 3DS and so far I actually really like it ;)
Some stores do seem to be selling them whilst others like Amazon have the 8/4 date. Anybody used Gamegears.co.uk before?

Domstercool

Slackbladder said:
Some stores do seem to be selling them whilst others like Amazon have the 8/4 date. Anybody used Gamegears.co.uk before?

Bought some Street Fighter shirts from them and had no problems :)

MoxManiac

Troy doesn't look like a musou game to me. where are the flashy musou attacks? The corny enemy officer defeated quotes? the allies incessantly squacking for help?

MoxManiac said:
Troy doesn't look like a musou game to me. where are the flashy musou attacks? The corny enemy officer defeated quotes? the allies incessantly squacking for help?

Troy has none of that, only 8 characters, QTE kills, and its story driven T_T

To me, every time I saw Troy I thought more GoW-Jr than Musou game. Sounding more and more like it when I read stuff like that.

Haeleos said:
Is there any way to tell what stat upgrade the level will give you as a reward in CM? I did one level last night 3 times and it gave me the attack upgrade each time I did it. Is there a limit to how many times you get the bonus? Not too sure how that stuff is working.

It is infinite as far as I can tell.

AdawgDaFAB said:
To me, every time I saw Troy I thought more GoW-Jr than Musou game. Sounding more and more like it when I read stuff like that.

You should look at the developer interviews if you wanna hear some PR speak from someone who obviously doesn't "get" the series.

Xater

Quick question. I am playing Samurai Warriors Chronicles right now and I enjoy the quick missions that pop up. There is stuff like kill these three generals in 3 minutes and you get some kind of bonus. Does DW7 has this as well?

Xater said:
Quick question. I am playing Samurai Warriors Chronicles right now and I enjoy the quick missions that pop up. There is stuff like kill these three generals in 3 minutes and you get some kind of bonus. Does DW7 has this as well?

Nope.

Marvie_3 said:
Holy fuck. There are waaaaaay too many questions from the scholars.

I've read Three Kingdoms several times over and I still get a ton of questions wrong.
Fucking hell.

Oh and massive score over at this one mission in Conquest Mode. On the south side there's something called "Wolves of Chaos". It's like a fight against every NPC. It's easy peasy with tons of troops to mash and lots of +4 ATK/DEFs and +20 HPs to go around.

Marvie_3

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
I've read Three Kingdoms several times over and I still get a ton of questions wrong.
Fucking hell.
Same here. I'm still annoyed by the absurd amount of questions though.
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Oh and massive score over at this one mission in Conquest Mode. On the south side there's something called "Wolves of Chaos". It's like a fight against every NPC. It's easy peasy with tons of troops to mash and lots of +4 ATK/DEFs and +20 HPs to go around.
That level was awesome. :D

Domstercool said:
Bought some Street Fighter shirts from them and had no problems :)
Order made. And they're cheaper than Amazon. Will be happy if it gets to me by Friday 8th. Looking forward to playing it. So far played every single one including the very first Dynasty Warriors on the PSOne which was a standard one-on-one beat 'em up!

Bwahahahaha

I gave Halberd Mastery to Lian Shi. Now she has become Lu Boob.

EDIT: Oops

Seraphis Cain said:
So, I've been thinking about something...is there any actual REASON to fight the peons anymore? The level system is gone, so you don't get XP for killing them, and you don't seem to get SP for killing them either. So um...yeah. Do you get ANYTHING for killing peons this time around?

Unlocks seals, hands out ATK/DEF x2 powerups, peons are freaking rough on the harder difficulties and need to be killed.

I mean holy shit archers in Hard/Chaos are insane. You do not want to leave them alone.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So, I've been thinking about something...is there any actual REASON to fight the peons anymore? The level system is gone, so you don't get XP for killing them, and you don't seem to get SP for killing them either. So um...yeah. Do you get ANYTHING for killing peons this time around?

Seraphis Cain said:

You get to indulge in your inherent lust for wanton slaughter.

Shadow780

Seraphis Cain said:
The JP and US versions of games always have separate trophy sets.

I have Sengoku Basara 3 and Samurai Heroes, they share the same trophy set.

Seraphis Cain said:

Trophies/achievements, or the sense of pwning ONE MIRRIION TROOPZ

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Shadow780 said:
I have Sengoku Basara 3 and Samurai Heroes, they share the same trophy set.

Trophies/achievements, or the sense of pwning ONE MIRRIION TROOPZ

Hm. Didn't know that about Basara. Interesting.

Also, about the killing peons thing, I guess it's also for maxing out Seals. That's...something, I suppose.

JWong said:
Hmmm... which kingdom has the most scantly clad girls. 8P

Well...Shu has Bao Sanniang, who is probably the most scantily clad female overall.

But then again, Wu has Lian Shi with her tits that are bigger than her head, so...

Marvie_3

Banned
Seraphis Cain said:
They help a little towards unlocking seals. Seems like 100 of them counts as much as an officer.

Arrows! Arrows! ARROWS!
This is driving me insane.
Everybody is getting killed off by arrow attacks. The impact of a lot of storyline-related deaths are lost when everyone is killed by arrows instead of illness or some other cause.

GrayFoxPL

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Arrows! Arrows! ARROWS!
This is driving me insane.
Everybody is getting killed off by arrow attacks. The impact of a lot of storyline-related deaths are lost when everyone is killed by arrows instead of illness or some other cause.

Arrows are the old bullets. Be glad there's no pigeons flying in slo-mo.

Nice thing about the dodge that comes with most weapon masteries is that it can cancel out of most anything.

Perform the flute's switch attack and dodge-cancel just after the note is played. Laugh at the poor generals who can't shake the constant spawning of deadly elemental orbs.

Top Bottom