• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA up for Worst Company in America for 2nd year in a row

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Let's be honest, this entire contest is a huge piece of Reddit clickbait.

They specifically pair the brackets so that you're voting within a category--this way company A's fans are mutually exclusive from company B's, and it draws the most amount of clicks/voters when the fanboys clash.
Yup. The people in here getting upset that the companies that are far worse than EA may not win need to take a step back and realize how stupid this whole poll is. Ease up folks, there isn't much to get upset about here.

AppleMIX

I would almost care if internet polls actually mattered.

The fact that EA actually won just shows how immature gamers can actually be.

EA actually deserves it this year.
Honestly, besides the Sim City fiasco, what has EA done in the past year to be included in this poll?
How about making a $60 game have as much IAP as some F2P games? Now that's innovation.

All the phone and cable companies should win this for their oligopoly bullshit though.

Omikaru

This is a dumb internet poll. People acting butthurt that EA won last year's poll over obviously far more evil companies is even dumber. Like it means anything, or exonerates those bad companies of the bad shit they're doing.

Will be voting EA again.

Tomat

I would almost care if internet polls actually mattered.

The fact that EA actually won just shows how immature gamers can actually be.
You might want consider the idea that gamers are probably far more likely to come across this than your average joe in America who actually dislikes the non-gaming companies in this poll.

As Nome stated: Reddit click bait.

EA actually deserves it this year.

How about making a $60 game have as much IAP as some F2P games? Now that's innovation.

What game are you talking about?

I bought NHL 13 and didn't have to pay anymore to enjoy it.
Same with FIFA 13
Same with NFS Most Wanted
Same with Battlefield 3 (paid for the expansions because I loved the game)
Same with Dead Space 3

In-game purchases are there, doesn't mean you have to buy them to enjoy these games

Tomat

It was stupid last year, and it will be stupid this year if they win again. Do children vote in these? Or people with zero sense of reality?

Both probably. People of all ages play video games as I'm sure you know (hopefully). I probably would have voted for EA when I was younger. Why? Because they're likely one of the few companies on that list I would have been familiar with at the time. (In reality: I wouldn't have voted at all because I have no clue who the Consumerist is and I wouldn't have given a shit anyway)

Lets not forget that this is an internet poll. Meaning there is likely very little regulation and it's completely open to abuse.

please troll less..
it's not about thinking "omg voting for the wrong company will make the evildoers roam free", it's about a reality check...
people voting a videogame company as the WORST company can be linked to
1) those caring about the vote are just internet netizen (thus most likely annoyed gamers)
2) people are more and more getting detached from what really counts..
something so big as that poor chap delassus DIDN'T EVEN MAKE IT to eu in any form, still it's something quite big..
Heck I don't expect non-italians to know how badly mps (monte dei paschi di siena, a "pseudo" italian bank firm) is screwing over with their clients and how much in the red it's swimming, but I expect people to know all the fuck happening in foxconn... I don't expect people to know about italian-wide case involving military husband killing his wife and feigning ignorance with the cover of his lover (a female officer from the same military corp) but I expect people to know how google is making a killing selling YOUR data to the highest bidder...
oh well I should stop getting surprised anymore, after all after repeatedly jerking off with italian justice in any possible form, Berlusconi got somehow to meddle in the government YET AGAIN, that shows how much people in general cares about those "leading" their government, politics, real life, etc etc..
guess I'm a bit bitter today, better to cool off away from this topic :|
It's not about any of that.

You have merely decided it is about that because it lets you be holier than thou about an online poll.

If this had any real bearing on the companies' practices, hell yes, we should all do research and explain to our friends why X company is the worst and how they do actual damage to society with the way they conduct their business.

But it doesn't. Previous winners have laughed it off. Future winners will laugh it off. The only one who seems to get upset about it are people on the internet who probably wouldn't lift a finger to actually help people but will be happy to get indignant on message boards about it.

graywolf323

Don't forget people: SimCity may've had one of the worst game launches we've seen in a long time, but Wells Fargo killed a man.

More specifically, killed him by making a mistake, only to fail to PROPERLY remedy that mistake and foreclosed on his home anyway, stressing him out to the point he literally died in the court room.

this is why I can't take people who say they'll vote for EA seriously

It was stupid last year, and it will be stupid this year if they win again. Do children vote in these? Or people with zero sense of reality?

pretty much

Can someone tell me when EA started to poison crops, steal money and sue customers?
If you don't think that EA are a shell company of Al Qaeda, DRM is the biggest threat mankind has ever encountered and that Uncle Gabe will save us all through the miracle of Steam, you're not drinking enough of that GAF Kool Aid.

ubercheez

Guess we'll once again get to witness the mobilization power of irritated gamers on the internet. And this will probably continue every year until EA is no longer on the ballot.

People losing their homes? Eh.
Telecom monopolies and price gouging? Yawn.
Bad DRM on my SimCity? PUT ON MY WAR PAINT.

moolhy

Banned
463536-john-riccitiello.jpg
Perfect.

Miletius

I wish Wells Fargo v Chase wasn't the first round. Both of those companies are scumbags in my opinion, letting one of them drop in R1 is just wrong.

I enjoy going through people's post histories in this thread and seeing what perceived slights they choose to get upset about.

It's very illuminating.

Hermii

This is pretty insane the amount of hate they get. Its not like they destroyed any lifes that I know of. They publish a lot of good games. Maybe they have some questionable business practices but thats about the extent of their evil.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Timing is certainly in their favor. This will be the next hilarious journalist bitchfest on Twitter.

Petrae

Why are they up against AB InBev?

I wish I knew-- I suspect that when that round of voting starts, The Consumerist will shed some light on why AB is here.

It won't matter, though. It'll be a landslide for EA in Round 1.

Enjay

Banned
If people don't pick the right company in this poll, then those companies will never fall to their knees and return ill-gotten profits and start behaving right.

YOU GUYS ARE RUINING THE WORLD BY VOTING FOR EA

EA didn't change when they won. This "award" means nothing in the grand scheme of things, might as well have fun shaming the assholes ruining entertainment.

Eidan

Yup it had nothing to do with EA's previous 20 years in the industry either. They only turned bad with a shitty ending last year.

Those 20 years certainly dwarf the role major banks played in the global financial crisis, and the ongoing role they play in our day to day lives.

I was pretty upset that Disney didn't release the second half of Gargoyles season 2 on DVD. Why aren't they on this list, dammit?!

Stet

Banned
I wish I knew-- I suspect that when that round of voting starts, The Consumerist will shed some light on why AB is here.

It won't matter, though. It'll be a landslide for EA in Round 1.

I don't even think AB InBev is American owned anymore.

The only takeaway from this contest is how poor EA's image is to their customers. That's it. No need to beat yourself or anyone else up over it.

Petrae

I wish Wells Fargo v Chase wasn't the first round. Both of those companies are scumbags in my opinion, letting one of them drop in R1 is just wrong.

Verizon v. AT&T is another one that probably would see both move on if they weren't opposing each other this early. I suspect that Wells Fargo downs Chase here.

Derrick01

Banned
Those 20 years certainly dwarf the role major banks played in the global financial crisis, and the ongoing role they play in our day to day lives.

I was pretty upset that Disney didn't release the second half of Gargoyles season 2 on DVD. Why aren't they on this list, dammit?!

Well I view EA as the biggest cancer that's slowly killing my favorite and only big hobby that I've had almost my entire life. So I'm a little slanted towards voting for them to say the least. Maybe if my bank took my house away like some others then I'd feel differently there too.

graywolf323

Well I view EA as the biggest cancer that's slowly killing my favorite and only big hobby that I've had almost my entire life. So I'm a little slanted towards voting for them to say the least. Maybe if my bank took my house away like some others then I'd feel differently there too.

EA isn't a bigger cancer than Activision

Playing old games is easier than buying a new house after declaring bankruptcy.

Priorities right?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Carnival for me.

I can only imagine being stuck on that ship... Anything EA may have done does not even compare to that.

I never wanted to go on a cruise to begin with, especially not now after what happened.

A chance to get stuck out at sea? Yeah, no thanks, that would drive me fucking nuts.

Eidan

Yeah. I'm just going to have to hold out until Star Wars Episode VII comes out and sucks. That'll get the internet's attention. Then I'll finally be able to punish Disney for not allowing me to see Goliath, Elisa Maza, Angela, and Bronx go on their globe trotting adventure.

Top Bottom