• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earth Defense Force 4.1 |OT| In a not-too-distant future, 2025 A.D.

eastx

Just keep in mind that a Steam version would be a Japanese-developed PC game. That means it will run like crap unless you have an amazing system, and even then it might run like crap anyway, just for fun. See Dragon Quest Heroes for a good example. But I do hope they do a good job with it, however much the odds are against it.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Just keep in mind that a Steam version would be a Japanese-developed PC game. That means it will run like crap unless you have an amazing system, and even then it might run like crap anyway, just for fun. See Dragon Quest Heroes for a good example. But I do hope they do a good job with it, however much the odds are against it.
not to mention a port of a low budget title, so it'll probably crash a lot too

eastx

Looking forward to this in Feb 🙆 I imported edf2 on vita but online is dead =(

Yeah, by making it so people can't join matches in progress, Sandlot doomed EDF2's online mode to be a ghost town. Quite a shame since they had already gotten online mode mostly right with EDF 2025 by the time they made EDF2.

That's due to Tecmo-Koei being complete shit at PC ports.

Anyone got tips for 96 Demon Army? We aggro all the ships and Hectors and then get destroyed by the shit storm that follows as soon as you hit a nest

What's the point of having Limits on multiplayer missions?

how many missions before it starts to be fun?

Depends on how you play and who you play. I started having fun, then it got old, but then something clicked.

I started getting weapons. Like, good weapons. Weapons that changed how I played completely. At first, I was a lowly ass supporter with a crappy weapon that could summon tanks. After some online missions, I'm summoning giant robots while laying down air strikes, after throwing out some minibombs.

In short, once you start getting decent weapons, the game opens up. Plus, people should start using squad stuff. It's a little cumbersome to sort through the menus, but mastering that lets you open up some more depth to the game.

What's the point of having Limits on multiplayer missions?

Depends on how you play and who you play. I started having fun, then it got old, but then something clicked.

I started getting weapons. Like, good weapons. Weapons that changed how I played completely. At first, I was a lowly ass supporter with a crappy weapon that could summon tanks. After some online missions, I'm summoning giant robots while laying down air strikes, after throwing out some minibombs.

In short, once you start getting decent weapons, the game opens up. Plus, people should start using squad stuff. It's a little cumbersome to sort through the menus, but mastering that lets you open up some more depth to the game.

so instead of starting with single player, i should start off with online missions?

so instead of starting with single player, i should start off with online missions?
I definitely have a lot more fun online with friends. Playing on hard and up can get quite challenging and forces some tactics and team support. Getting better weapons definitely opens up the game, as well

Mix and match.

Here's my system.

I find a Normal mode game. Maybe a handful of them. Throw my low to mid level guy in there. Contribute as much as I can (being a support unit makes this better, since you can give them suits and buffs and stuff) without getting in the way or dying. At this point, I'll also collect a lot of stuff, since everything is shared.

At the end of a few missions, I'm rolling in new weapons, usually high leveled stuff.

I take that high level stuff and start doing harder missions offline. Maybe I'll get some new weapons there.

Doing missions offline and online is separate, as the progression isn't shared, but anytime you complete a mission online, it saves your progress on the list. So you might have Mission 2 locked out, but Mission 34 could be open for you to play online with other people.

Rymuth

"If I die, tell my family I died bravely."
"No."

"Why did you get married?"
"For my wife."

This fucking game. I'm already feeling nostalgic over it but I've finished all levels and I need to put it aside because my backlog is calling. Hope to return to this later and do it in hard mode.

I'm loving this game right now. Definitely in a honeymoon phase because this is my first EDF, but just about everything else I was playing seems a bit dull and is on hold for now. I can't remember the last game I played that was so instantly fun and crazy.

Im stuck on 33. 6 attempts failed. Thunder on Wing Diver. I have level 20 weapons. Using M3 Rapier Thrust and D plasma Launcher. The mother ship just 1 hit kills me while im trying to take out the hektors and shield bearers. I have 331 armor. Any advice?

Skulldead

Im stuck on 33. 6 attempts failed. Thunder on Wing Diver. I have level 20 weapons. Using M3 Rapier Thrust and D plasma Launcher. The mother ship just 1 hit kills me while im trying to take out the hektors and shield bearers. I have 331 armor. Any advice?

Use Ranger, problem solved*. Thunder is fine, but change rapier for a lazer sniper type weapon. Will help for this stage

I've just hit on hard difficulty (i finish normal first) with the
Big Robot with 4 Leg that shoot lazer + Cannon
. The difficulty spike is insane, i play in co-op with my girlfriend and they 2 shot my Wind diver. i can't imagine on hardest and Inferno....

Use Ranger, problem solved*. Thunder is fine, but change rapier for a lazer sniper type weapon. Will help for this stage

I've just hit on hard difficulty (i finish normal first) with the
Big Robot with 4 Leg that shoot lazer + Cannon
. The difficulty spike is insane, i play in co-op with my girlfriend and they 2 shot my Wind diver. i can't imagine on hardest and Inferno....

I tried the lasers first but i thought this rapier is useful when they get close as it takes like 1 -2 seconds to kill the hektors on easy. Yea im on easy because I just gave up on normal :(

Can we online coop this mission at all or is that separate?

TreIII

Yeah, I would probably swap out the Plasma Launcher with a Sniper weapon of some sort. If it were me, I would lean more towards Thunder Snipers because I feel they tend to give you more bang for your buck and will also allow you to keep your distance from Hektors once the Shield Bearers have been dealt with.

Depending on your difficulty, 331 armor may not be enough to even give you a fighting chance against what's to come, because it's only going to get more frenetic from here on in!

Yeah, I would probably swap out the Plasma Launcher with a Sniper weapon of some sort. If it were me, I would lean more towards Thunder Snipers because I feel they tend to give you more bang for your buck and will also allow you to keep your distance from Hektors once the Shield Bearers have been dealt with.

Depending on your difficulty, 331 armor may not be enough to even give you a fighting chance against what's to come, because it's only going to get more frenetic from here on in!

Thanks. Ill try replacing the plasma launcher then. This is the first mission im properly stuck in with no idea what to do. the mother ship just 1 shots me and im "knocked out". :(

TreIII

Thanks. Ill try replacing the plasma launcher then. This is the first mission im properly stuck in with no idea what to do. the mother ship just 1 shots me and im "knocked out". :(

Once you have a good Sniper weapon in hand, use it to keep your distance from enemy fire. Then you should be able to fire away at the Ship's weak spots when they appear!

Once you have a good Sniper weapon in hand, use it to keep your distance from enemy fire. Then you should be able to fire away at the Ship's weak spots when they appear!

Got that. Ill try thanks. I need to somehow avoid the mothership 1 shot killing me though.

The mothership only fires her Genocide Gun a limited amount of times. Stay out of its blast radius and it should retract it. Iirc I think you might be able to destrooy the genocide gun too.

eastx

Any impressions of the Level Pack 1 DLC? Does it have a super farmable level like DLC 2 and 3 had in EDF 2025?

Top Bottom