• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuttSack

ioLh1cp.jpg

Bets are made for fun, stakes are made for fun.
Critiquing, not liking something and giving feedback is fine.
It get's ridiculous when people start with the name callings and other antics.

Kyle explained his perspective on the matter during yesterday's stream.
He said he would had played the game if Huber didn't conspired with other allies on a contract prior betting with each other. He found a way to own up to his bet mocking at same time the "bullet proofed" contract.
It was all for fun and this might stir up something funnier in the following bets or during Huber Syndrome.

eFKac

Another thing is, I'm sure Kyle would honor the bets if Huber wouldn't come up with so fucking boring stakes. "Kyle play a game you don't like, be grumpy and whine about Miyamoto for a couple of hours. So much fun"
Step up your game Huber.

Would also be cool for once not to root for Bosman in the betting special purely because his stakes are so much more interesting.

Maiar_m

For me Kyle abused their Twitch channel and did something really scummy, so I decided that I didn't want to subscribe anymore. It's pretty simple. I'm still a Patreon backer, but I can't support someone who uses Twitch to troll their viewers at that level. I don't like trolling.

- You could argue trolling is part of the Easy A formula (as it is NeoGaf's for that matter)
- Twitch subs profit the whole team (most of which is part-time, including Kyle) not just Kyle. Not liking one of their stream, regardless of the reason, is also saying "fuck you" to the dozen of other streams and content they provide, simply because a joke didn't sit well with you.
- Kyle twitch streams are almost always a mix of comedy / serious gaming. The man 100%'d Poképark, damn it.
- Nobody ever is entitled to an ALTTP stream from a guy who has been very articulate in the past about how and why he dislikes it.
- Bets are for fun. You guys are taking things way too seriously.

I could go on, but I don't think it's really the point here. The level of entitlement is crazy frightening.

adixon

Would also be cool for once not to root for Bosman in the betting special purely because his stakes are so much more interesting.

You didn't think the comedy stakes were interesting? I think the lttp bet was meant to give him a break from being put on the spot if anything.

Lexad

Oh, Blood. Please film one of those TV courtroom shows ala Judge Judy.

Bosman vs. Huber presided over the right honorouble Daniel Judgeworth.

Actually this would be a hilarious one off video for YouTube. Or a special edition of Hubert hype or easy updates

Defendant, Kyle bosman, accused of being a welcher

The plaintiff, Michael p huber, the welchee

Actually this would be a hilarious one off video for YouTube. Or a special edition of Hubert hype or easy updates

Defendant, Kyle bosman, accused of being a welcher

The plaintiff, Michael p huber, the welchee
Complete with the Pursuit theme, where appropriate.

The house always wins

The contract doesn't specify that he has to be the one who plays it. As upset as they may be he followed the contract

demu

In my opinion Kyle has fulfilled the terms in a very clever and funny way. I applaud him. But if Huber doesn't want to do "Bets Showdown" anymore because of this, I'd be pissed.

But that won't happen, because Huber needs dem sweet, delicious bets more than anyone else.

After reading that contract and witnessing the last 2 bets, they should have worded that more strictly if they didn't want Kyle to use any loopholes. Then again I find these loopholes more entertaining than Kyle playing a game he don't like for 15hrs.

I'd be down for The East Allies v Bossman Ace Attorney parody if we have to get to that XD

eFKac

You didn't think the comedy stakes were interesting? I think the lttp bet was meant to give him a break from being put on the spot if anything.

Overall idea was good, the second bet was cool, the first one was ridiculous. People take years sometimes to make an hour of a comedy routine. So he had to find a way out.

Overall Huber's bets are nowhere near as interesting as Bosman's. He should come up with more stakes in the vein of the comedy special.

MrMette

It's actually hilarious to see some people legitimately mad about Kyle's weaseling it...

While I think Kyle agrees with you, I am not sure how good this is for this young of a community.

I don't mind the discussion (I am part of it) and I respect other opinions as everybody is different, I do mind people insulting other people over this (either whay their stance is).

The thing I like about EZA is that it's usually jolly and not too serious. Those insults are really not necessary and it seems to kill the vibe of this thread for a lot of people (which is a shame).

For me Kyle abused their Twitch channel and did something really scummy, so I decided that I didn't want to subscribe anymore. It's pretty simple. I'm still a Patreon backer, but I can't support someone who uses Twitch to troll their viewers at that level. I don't like trolling.

The first troll was cute and funny.

This second one is just disappointing and I really wish everyone would stop encouraging Kyle by saying this is 'masterful' and crap. It's not, its not trolling, its just him being a prick and it will drive away people from Final Bets (one of the BEST parts of e3 for the last several years) and possibly EZA itself, people already taking money back from subs and shit for it all because Kyle has to be a little bitch and get out of his bet any way he can.

Who the fuck wants to bet against a jackass like that? I doubt we'll get another Betting special now, certainly at least not one with Kyle in it. I hope Huber is pissed and I won't blame him for not wanting to do the bets anymore.

Now maybe Kyle is screwing with everyone a second time and in the third time hes going to actually stream him playing the whole game, I'd like to believe that but I seriously don't think Kyle has that amount of integrity.

9ErfHy2.gif

SeanTSC

- You could argue trolling is part of the Easy A formula (as it is NeoGaf's for that matter)
- Twitch subs profit the whole team (most of which is part-time, including Kyle) not just Kyle. Not liking one of their stream, regardless of the reason, is also saying "fuck you" to the dozen of other streams and content they provide, simply because a joke didn't sit well with you.
- Kyle twitch streams are almost always a mix of comedy / serious gaming. The man 100%'d Poképark, damn it.
- Nobody ever is entitled to an ALTTP stream from a guy who has been very articulate in the past about how and why he dislikes it.
- Bets are for fun. You guys are taking things way too seriously.

I could go on, but I don't think it's really the point here. The level of entitlement is crazy frightening.

There's no "entitlement' here. I simply don't like someone abusing Twitch as a platform, so I unsubbed. I'm still supporting EZA through Patreon and will continue to do so and any other way that I can. I'm not "outraged," I just don't feel comfortable with this. It's really simple and easy.

If I'm not okay with something then I don't support it. If game developers do something I don't like then I don't buy their games, just the same as this. My funds are limited and I'm on a fixed income from Social Security. None of my income is "disposable" to me. It takes sometimes a year to save up for something like a TV for example and every little bit of my money counts and has meaning to me. I almost never impulse buy anything and heavily plan things out. You guys aren't going to make me feel bad about this.

MrMette

There's no "entitlement' here. I simply don't like someone abusing Twitch as a platform, so I unsubbed. I'm still supporting EZA through Patreon and will continue to do so and any other way that I can. I'm not "outraged," I just don't feel comfortable with this. It's really simple and easy.

If I'm not okay with something then I don't support it. If game developers do something I don't like then I don't buy their games, just the same as this. My funds are limited and I'm on a fixed income from Social Security. None of my income is "disposable" to me. It takes sometimes a year to save up for something like a TV for example and every little bit of my money counts and has meaning to me. I almost never impulse buy anything and heavily plan things out. You guys aren't going to make me feel bad about this.

I don't see a problem with this, it's your money. I am not a twitch subscriber but I probably wouldn't stop the subscription over this, however I understand where you are coming from (and again, it is not my money). it is commendable you were a subscriber in the first place and you are still supporting them on patreon, so no harm done imo.

adixon

Overall idea was good, the second bet was cool, the first one was ridiculous. People take years sometimes to make an hour of a comedy routine. So he had to find a way out.

Overall Huber's bets are nowhere near as interesting as Bosman's. He should come up with more stakes in the vein of the comedy special.

Haha, I agree an hour of comedy was absurd considering it can take professional comedians years to polish a full length show.

Yeah, Huber's stakes seem to be straightforward and sometimes wayyy over the top, not unlike his personality.

Whereas Kyle's stakes seem like carefully crafted tools for public humiliation.

*very judge voice* Prior to signing, Mr. Huber said that Mr. Bosman's "little mind would wake up" to how good LttP is. The only valid method of evaluating a game's quality is by first hand playing it, and thus Mr. Bosman understood while signing it that "stream," as a verb, referred to the act of playing it live, not merely sending video over the Internet. Furthermore, Mr. Bosman's first session had him clearly playing the game live himself, clearly demonstrating a full understanding of the implied terms. By switching to a prerecorded stream afterward he demonstrated a lack of good faith or whatever the term is, and thus is in breach of contract *bangs squeaky toy as gavel*

Hasney

*very judge voice* Prior to signing, Mr. Huber said that Mr. Bosman's "little mind would wake up" to how good LttP is. The only valid method of evaluating a game's quality is by first hand playing it, and thus Mr. Bosman understood while signing it that "stream," as a verb, referred to the act of playing it live, not merely sending video over the Internet. Furthermore, Mr. Bosman's first session had him clearly playing the game live himself, clearly demonstrating a full understanding of the implied terms. By switching to a prerecorded stream afterward he demonstrated a lack of good faith or whatever the term is, and thus is in breach of contract *bangs squeaky toy as gavel*

piko2.gif

As good a verdict as any.

NuttSack

Dude if you're in a tight budget you should focus on yourself.
No one here is going to blame or make you feel bad for not supporting EZA, whether it be on Twitch, Patreon or donations.
Would like to know what do you mean when you say Kyle "abused" Twitch?

Maiar_m

Kyle used a video game streaming website to stream himself playing a video game. Unless you felt you were due a ALTTP run by him, and nobody ever was, I don't see how he abused the platform.

You do whatever you want with your money. I'm not criticizing this, all the more power to you.

wiibomb

While I think Kyle agrees with you, I am not sure how good this is for this young of a community.

I don't mind the discussion (I am part of it) and I respect other opinions as everybody is different, I do mind people insulting other people over this (either what their stance is).

The thing I like about EZA is that it's usually jolly and not too serious. Those insults are really not necessary and it seems to kill the vibe of this thread for a lot of people (which is a shame).

this and very much this.. insults are really not the way,, by any means.

I like a lot the discussion, I have my own take, but it shouldn't be taken as seriously as some people have taken it. It is not a matter of life or death

*the prosecutions rests*

MrMette

I just saw somebody at work who drove partly of a staircase (which is meant for pedestrians with a part for bikes next to it) and she was stuck (for 10 to 15 minutes).

I was very amused by this and went to some of my coworkers and showed them.
Some of them were not amused by this and they said it was not funny at all. So I apologized for showing it to them and went of to go check it out again in my office.

So I guess this is more or less the same as this argument. I guess I can see the other peoples stance a bit better :).

edit:
It is not a steep staircase and nobody was hurt. I wouldn't laugh if it really was a serious problem.
I also think people should check the road (this isn't even a road) before they drive.

FTF

If you guys want to review the contract, here it is: http://i.imgur.com/LnJqtFE.jpg

In my opinion he is fulfilling that contract. The video he is broadcasting is a full playthrough, from a new save file, to the credits. Some are interpreting the new save file requirement as not being fulfilled, but I don't see it that way. In the context of that sentence, he is meeting that requirement in my eyes. He is streaming "a complete full playthrough, from a new save slot until the ending credits" live. The error in the contract is that there is nothing indicating that he has to play it, nor stating a timeframe or clarifying when or what is a "new save slot."

lol oh wow the contract didn't even have the word play in it?? hahaha yeah I'm even more fine with Kyle trolling now.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

41d27jI.jpg

hahaha yes!! This is going so much better than just a normal play through/stream.

I just saw somebody at work who drove partly of a staircase (which is meant for pedestrians with a part for bikes next to it) and she was stuck (for 10 to 15 minutes).

I was very amused by this and went to some of my coworkers and showed them.
Some of them were not amused by this and they said it was not funny at all. So I apologized for showing it to them and went of to go check it out again in my office.

So I guess this is more or less the same as this argument. I guess I can see the other peoples stance a bit better :).

lol holy cow, is this a real analogy you're making?? I hope not, but I can't tell anymore.

As zanzura says: not really. Surprisingly, the contract never specifies that he needs to play it.i t only implies it. Sad oversight. When it comes to bets, leave an opening and Bosman will take it. I don't mind though. Going by their original video, I think Bosman wasn't supposed to lose anyway since Huber asked to change the points for Don's segment at the last minute.(without knowing that it would make it his win, but still.)

Yeah, anyway this is better than a play trough of lttp by Kyle.

adixon

Huber needs to bring on EmCee as council. Though part of me is still hoping for trial by combat :p

also " a lack of good faith or whatever the term is" made me laugh while reading in judge voice

SeanTSC

Kyle used a video game streaming website to stream himself playing a video game. Unless you felt you were due a ALTTP run by him, and nobody ever was, I don't see how he abused the platform.

You do whatever you want with your money. I'm not criticizing this, all the more power to you.

Re-streaming someone else's old playthrough content on your channel to troll people is really gross, imo. Maybe if it was someone else's at GT/EZA's video I'd feel differently, but Kyle straight up lifted video from A/SGDQ of all places. A charity run. One that's going again right now at that. That's really shameful.

MrMette

lol holy cow, is this a real analogy you're making?? I hope not, but I can't tell anymore.
I am making the anology for the discussion we are having in that some people can laugh with certain things while other people can't (and that's ok).

I don't make any analogy for what Kyle is or isn't doing, don't worry.

Btw, that thing really happened an hour ago.

The first troll was cute and funny.

This second one is just disappointing and I really wish everyone would stop encouraging Kyle by saying this is 'masterful' and crap. It's not, its not trolling, its just him being a prick and it will drive away people from Final Bets (one of the BEST parts of e3 for the last several years) and possibly EZA itself, people already taking money back from subs and shit for it all because Kyle has to be a little bitch and get out of his bet any way he can.

Who the fuck wants to bet against a jackass like that? I doubt we'll get another Betting special now, certainly at least not one with Kyle in it. I hope Huber is pissed and I won't blame him for not wanting to do the bets anymore.

Now maybe Kyle is screwing with everyone a second time and in the third time hes going to actually stream him playing the whole game, I'd like to believe that but I seriously don't think Kyle has that amount of integrity.

I'm glad Kyle trolled if only for the meltdowns.

Par Score

ioLh1cp.jpg

Bets are made for fun, stakes are made for fun.
Critiquing, not liking something and giving feedback is fine.
It get's ridiculous when people start with the name callings and other antics.

Yeah, some of the responses to this bit are way OTT.

Because that's what it is. A bit.

The betting specials are entertainment. The stakes are entertainment. Kyle weaselling his way out of them is entertainment (the hour of recited dog jokes is absolutely hilarious).

People talking about this being "abuse", or making personal attacks or whatever, is just damn disappointing and totally uncalled for.

Replaying someone else's playthrough is not doing a new LTTP full playthrough. That's archived footage. Also if you look at Kyle and the EZA groups use of the term stream in archive videos you know Kyle has always meant the verb to mean personally play the game. by his own personal use of the word in previous EZA footage (see evidence XXXXXX) Kyle has NOT fulfilled the contract he signed.

I think it is time to draw the digital line. Bosman will be on the group stream Tuesday and I think there is going to be a lot of trolls crying here. Either way when the verdict comes out this forum will likely be on fire. So in order to try to put it out some gasoline on this fire I will ask those interested to stand up and be counted.

I feel Bosman is a great online personality, likely to be better than most that will come out this year. I certainly feel this is the best loophole he has ever utilized. I also believe the press and gamers alike will believe this. This puts me in the “For” camp.

I know there are many who feel strongly in opposite camp. I also would ask you to stand up and say “Against”.

When the verdict is released and everyone hears the decision all the speculation will be over. If I am wrong and allies in general think the loophole is “crap” then I am comfortable with getting tagged “Owned by Huber”.

However, if I am right and it is received well, I would like to see those “Against” to be tagged with “Owned by Bosman”.

I would like to make a honorary invitation to Huber and Damiani who help fuel the fire on a regular basis – assuming you both would be “Against”. In the end though, it is your decision and I want to remind everyone that I have an advantage of actually reading the contract.

I invite anyone who seeing someone trolling Bosman in other threads to point them here. :D

So it’s time to be stand and be counted:

Brian_FETO - “For”

(But not really) ;)

Burt

okay who's writing the change.org petition for justice

not it

suggested title: rememer that thing Kimmel did? It's like that, but a thousand times worse

Tankard

I think it is time to draw the digital line. Bosman will be on the group stream Tuesday and I think there is going to be a lot of trolls crying here. Either way when the verdict comes out this forum will likely be on fire. So in order to try to put it out some gasoline on this fire I will ask those interested to stand up and be counted.

I feel Bosman is a great online personality, likely to be better than most that will come out this year. I certainly feel this is the best loophole he has ever utilized. I also believe the press and gamers alike will believe this. This puts me in the “For” camp.

I know there are many who feel strongly in opposite camp. I also would ask you to stand up and say “Against”.

When the verdict is released and everyone hears the decision all the speculation will be over. If I am wrong and allies in general think the loophole is “crap” then I am comfortable with getting tagged “Owned by Huber”.

However, if I am right and it is received well, I would like to see those “Against” to be tagged with “Owned by Bosman”.

I would like to make a honorary invitation to Huber and Damiani who help fuel the fire on a regular basis – assuming you both would be “Against”. In the end though, it is your decision and I want to remind everyone that I have an advantage of actually reading the contract.

I invite anyone who seeing someone trolling Bosman in other threads to point them here. :D

So it’s time to be stand and be counted:

Brian_FETO - “For”

(But not really) ;)

I read your post imagining the great song you made for BvW playing.

Btw, sharing that delicious song on Soundcloud when?

Rockk

The contract did state that it had to be a "complete full playthrough". While it was completed, albeit not from a "new save file", it was not a full playthrough. The two words together imply a distinction between meanings.

Bosman will probably argue that full playthrough just means beating the game but the speedrun left many sidequests and other things left uncompleted in the world of A Link to the Past. I think there is enough reasonable doubt that means Kyle Bosman has not fulfilled the contract. Depending on the leniency of the court he might even have 2 sessions as the previews stream does not count.

All this discussion is just bringing the negativity of video game culture into the EZA community which I thought was doing a great job not being a part of it.

Way more disappointed in that than Kyle not delivering some "entitled content" that some people here and on Twitch seems to be advocating for. No wonder he didn't want to do Bosman at Home through Patreon.

All this discussion is just bringing the negativity of video game culture into the EZA community which I thought was doing a great job not being a part of it.

Way more disappointed in that than Kyle not delivering some "entitled content" that some people here and on Twitch seems to be advocating for. No wonder he didn't want to do Bosman at Home through Patreon.
Cmon that's a huge reach. Kyle wants to be villian and wants the backlash. He's not doing this for endless praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom