• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

I'm usually in line with Ben on most things but had to disagree with Titanfall 2: one of the most disappointing multiplayers I've played in a while, whilst the traversal is decent, it doesn't even matter and doesn't feel built in to the maps.

Also, I felt the interactions between characters in the 50 minute FFXV gameplay felt cold and static.

Massa

Maybe he's working on the game awards...

Can you imagine it?

PUBLISHER: Hey TGA, we'd like to have the world premiere of GTA VI on your show!
BOSMAN: Wow, that's great guys! Love starting the show with a game announcement. When is it coming out?
PUBLISHER: Coming out Holiday 2018!
BOSMAN: Ah, then scrap it. You're better off saving that announcement for E3 2018.

And then the pope has a heart attack.

UrbanRats

Regarding the NMS discussion in FrameTrap, i know it's a beaten horse by now, but in relation to what Huber said: There's a difference between documented lies and false promises (and trailers) and people's assumptions.

The latter happens with a lot of games, true, but the problem with NMS, is that there was a lot of the former.

Totally, but writing and on screen talent probably not as much, especially as a full time thing. At this point, the creative people on the project would likely just be spitballing ideas while planning locations and logistics of it all.

Kyle could probably fetch coffee for Geoff. I think.

I personally assumed that's why EZA kept him around and that my dollars were going on Bosman making them all fresh brews. I was shocked when he started hosting a podcast.

With this new position, I'm concerned that Bosman's ability to provide coffee for the squad will be compromised by his new duties.

ito007

I genuinely share a lot of Bosman's feelings on PC. I know it's not a popular outlook but I really don't like having to deal with the extra miscellaneous operations that come with the PC. I've tried using big picture mode and bought extra controllers and everything for my PC but it just doesn't feel the same. There's always something that detracts me from it. For that reason I mostly console game. Only game I play a ton on PC is Overwatch because I just want to be a part of its PC community

wiibomb

I genuinely share a lot of Bosman's feelings on PC. I know it's not a popular outlook but I really don't like having to deal with the extra miscellaneous operations that come with the PC. I've tried using big picture mode and bought extra controllers and everything for my PC but it just doesn't feel the same. There's always something that detracts me from it. For that reason I mostly console game. Only game I play a ton on PC is Overwatch because I just want to be a part of its PC community

I'm a software engineer and I totally share Kyle's points... may be because I get tired from programing there? may be, but when I was losing focus on Dark Souls 1 because the controller software for Dualshock 4 was failing I got immediately checked, and that's only 1 problem I had

Settle it stream was really just a waste of time. It was supposed to help Bosman enjoy LTTP and maybe change his mind on it, but everytime he wanted to do something you get Damiani going into typical troll mode.

"Can we go have a look at those enemies again, i like their sprites"
"No"
"Can we explore that cave? we've never been there"
*ignores Bosman and warps out of the area*

Frustrating.

Woot! Got the Huber vs Brandon GoldenEye duel to happen to battle for the statue! :)

For anyone that cares both Kyle and Brandon were right about the Black and White line. There's an anthology comic series called black and white but there's also a statue line as well that uses various batman artists for statues. The one there was from the Batman Year One artist.

Here's what it looks like

7HpRBeO.jpeg

Karu

Huber whining about other's negativity always comes a bit off like "I'm already hyped so what the fuck are you talking about and get on the horse, you fool" :D

Glad Ben pushed back a little.

TGS Sony conference confirmed less than a week after Playstation Meeting.

Final Bets comeooooooooon. If Kyle is feeling lazy throw Benkle in there for that TGS hype. Frame Trap betting special? Next one is just a few days before PSM :3

Seeing Ben tweet about Pokemon, are there any videos of him playing?? I must have missed it. I'm returning to the series right now, so I would love to watch him revisit it!

Karu

Seeing Ben tweet about Pokemon, are there any videos of him playing?? I must have missed it. I'm returning to the series right now, so I would love to watch him revisit it!
I think he had a stream for one of the Remakes of Ruby/Spphire set up, but technical issues made him qut afte half an hour. He never returned as far as I know. Bummer. :(

If I was Geoff, I would have Kyle present the Game Awards. I know it's unlikely to happen but if you think about it, it would be a perfect match.

- Kyle is very knowledgeable about games,
- he is very self-aware and ironic (he could actually pull off the usual "these awards show are just lazy crap, eh?" bit),
- and he has very "clean" internet personality, no swear word, no screaming,
- he has no embarasssing sponsorship/shady deals in his record. Even the bud light thing was just a business, frontdoor deal.

It could take months to prepare for such event. I cannot wait to finally see the Bosman training montage...

Hasney

If I was Geoff, I would have Kyle present the Game Awards. I know it's unlikely to happen but if you think about it, it would be a perfect match.

- Kyle is very knowledgeable about games,
- he is very self-aware and ironic (he could actually pull off the usual "these awards show are just lazy crap, eh?" bit),
- and he has very "clean" internet personality, no swear word, no screaming,
- he has no embarasssing sponsorship/shady deals in his record. Even the bud light thing was just a business, frontdoor deal.

It could take months to prepare for such event. I cannot wait to finally see the Bosman training montage...

I doubt Geoff would give up the reigns, and he does a good job too.

luchadork

just my opinion, so please dont crucify me too much, but kyle's had one foot out the door since before GT shut down. so not really surprised that he's going to work somewhere else. i think this truly answers the 'is he actually committed to eza' question. hopefully they have plans to phase him out and give ben and huber more of the show responsibilities / patron monies.

Hasney

just my opinion, so please dont crucify me too much, but kyle's had one foot out the door since before GT shut down. so not really surprised that he's going to work somewhere else. i think this truly answers the 'is he actually committed to eza' question. hopefully they have plans to phase him out and give ben and huber more of the show responsibilities / patron monies.

I think it answers the question too of yes, yes he is. He's always said that he kept his EZA workload to a level that would allow him to do full time work on top. So several hours as well.

AFAIK Huber was still looking for a job right now too, so he may not want a full time gig yet.

Mista Koo

Any idea why the Guilty Gear stream isn't on their Youtube channel?

Honestly I think EZA needs Kyle, which is probably one reason he's continuing that instead of his own show.

Kneefoil

I don't think it's quite fair to say that he isn't committed to EZA because of him getting another job, and B@H getting put on hiatus. It's not like none of the other allies have other jobs: we know that Don and Ian do other stuff, for example, no one's complaining about that. And Bosman at Home never really was an EZA show in the first place, so it's not like EZA is losing anything because of this, except maybe some exposure from when Kyle would plug the Patreon on his show. There's a reason B@H was was on his own YT channel and wasn't part of the EZA Patreon campaign.

But if Kyle's new gig pays well enough, I guess it would be nice if he agreed to take less of the Patreon money in order to maybe get one more of the guys work full time for EZA. That being said, we don't know how much he makes in his new job or through the Patreon, and he still does a lot for EZA so asking him to agree to that might not be fair.

I understand that viewpoint but I think he was clear since the first day of EZA that he didn't see this as his future for permanent employment by not bringing the Final Bosman over and only committing himself to projects he could continue part time so nobody should feel like he was misleading his audience or the other allies. He mentioned in a Q&A as well that he wasn't looking for a full time position and was thankful for EZA as it bought him time to search for his dream job. I'd presume this is all very much part of the plan and won't surprise anyone at EZA or cause any change in production or finance distribution.

It's a pity that he doesn't want to go full time at EZA but we should be happy to have him on board playing a significant role, it shows how much he enjoys his role here and appreciates his audience that he wants to continue doing it alongside a full time commitment. Nobody seems to have an issue with Ian and Don doing the same so it shouldn't be a problem.

Sami+

Listening to the EZA Podcast and I'm not feeling Damiani's argument on day one patches at all. "I miss the days when I just put the game in and it worked" - I'm happy to put those days behind me if it gets the game I want in my hand an entire month or more in advance, and I think it's silly to think otherwise. A delay inconveniences the entire company and as a consumer I'd rather wait 20 minutes than multiple weeks.

UrbanRats

Listening to the EZA Podcast and I'm not feeling Damiani's argument on day one patches at all. "I miss the days when I just put the game in and it worked" - I'm happy to put those days behind me if it gets the game I want in my hand an entire month or more in advance, and I think it's silly to think otherwise. A delay inconveniences the entire company and as a consumer I'd rather wait 20 minutes than multiple weeks.

Again, not everyone can simply download GB of patches with every game.
And what's the big deal with waiting a couple of weeks (or even months) for a game? Who cares?

Sami+

Again, not everyone can simply download GB of patches with every game.
And what's the big deal with waiting a couple of weeks (or even months) for a game? Who cares?

It's not a big deal, but I'd rather get it weeks (or months) early, pop out to make a sandwich, and come back to play the same product I would have had to wait a much longer time for if not for the Internet.

Not everyone can play the game at all, I get that it sucks but I do have an internet connection and I'd rather get my games early. It's a system that makes way more sense to me now that we have the tech to make it possible. In an age when you can push the content out to be ready for consumers on your promised launch date anyway, delaying a game purely to avoid doing this comes off as an antiquated practice to me.

Acting like Kyle isn't committed or doesn't want to be full-time for EZA isn't looking at this from a fair point of view. He hasn't had his foot out the door, he's been realistic with his commitments. Kyle's still going to be a major presence with Easy Allies, and I'm not worried about this opportunity at all.

From the moment we started, we said this would be a part-time endeavor for us to do after work. Some of us have been fortunate enough to get by without supplemental income, but the only ones who have committed to full time roles are Damiani and Ben.

It's not a big deal, but I'd rather get it weeks (or months) early, pop out to make a sandwich, and come back to play the same product I would have had to wait a much longer time for if not for the Internet.

Not everyone can play the game at all, I get that it sucks but I do have an internet connection and I'd rather get my games early. It's a system that makes way more sense to me now that we have the tech to make it possible. In an age when you can push the content out to be ready for consumers on your promised launch date anyway, delaying a game purely to avoid doing this comes off as an antiquated practice to me.

What makes you think that you're getting the games earlier than back then, before day 1 patches were a thing?

Acting like Kyle isn't committed or doesn't want to be full-time for EZA isn't looking at this from a fair point of view. He hasn't had his foot out the door, he's been realistic with his commitments. Kyle's still going to be a major presence with Easy Allies, and I'm not worried about this opportunity at all.

From the moment we started, we said this would be a part-time endeavor for us to do after work. Some of us have been fortunate enough to get by without supplemental income, but the only ones who have committed to full time roles are Damiani and Ben.

+1

Some users in this thread are consistently, incredibly quick to turn on the people they support. Keep up the good work, Blood.

cm osi

you know how internet works, everybody wear tinfoils hat at the minimun announcment.
i'm not worried at all and i wish kyle the best on his project

Sami+

What makes you think that you're getting the games earlier than back then, before day 1 patches were a thing?

Isn't that the entire point of them? I don't think developers suddenly forgot how to QA their games, I'm sure it's said by one developer or another.

Isn't that the entire point of them? I don't think developers suddenly forgot how to QA their games, I'm sure it's said by one developer or another.

Games have also gotten continually more complex as well. It takes more time to QA games that have more complex systems. I don't think that's the whole reason for day 1 patches, but dev cycles could be just as long as they've always been and we wouldn't know because we don't ever really know when a new game starts development.

Lexad

Thanks blood, I was going to post something similar but it comes a lot better from someone in the know. People forget that EZA wasn't expecting the huge influx of cash from patreons and this was a part time gig, and still is for most.

sora87

God damn, watching the group stream on my tv and huber is so damn loud, keep turning the volume down but then i cant hear anyone else lol. The huber struggle is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom