• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last few years of GT were pretty dire in terms of popularity. It's an absolute miracle that these guys got this much on Patreon so far. The KF guys had a much larger fanbase when they split off from IGN so it isn't fair to compare. I'm just glad EZA are making cool videos and podcasts instead of randomly dispersing after GT died.

sora87

i was thinking, when they'll get the studio (i hope they will!) will they have to buy new pcs? is it already included in the goal?

I imagine they'd have to buy a lot of new stuff for a studio to function. If they ever got close they could do a 12 hour stream push for something like that, but I think the major thing would be keeping the patreon above 50k

Tankard

Dude, KF new studio, as a fan of those guys i'm so happy for them, but also kinda jealous for my fav guys at EZA, here's for hoping they get there one day, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Wish KOF would win. There's another game I was hoping would be streamed this week, didnt expect it to be thrown into the Tuesday mincer.

I may be wrong, but those were real. I think they said they already recorded their next batch of episodes and those clips were likely from them. Or maybe I misheard them.

Edit- Yup. They're airing those pre-recorded episodes now.

But they're not.
Reactions to E3 trailers they already reacted to, reactions to movie trailers from months ago, footage from a show that's actually a live twitch stream and footahe from PS I love you which is recorded the days it's released?
They're all fake. As Jones said, all trailers are lies.

I think my takeaway from both weeks' podcasts is this. Day one patches make sense because of the long gap between when a developer submits to have a game printed and when it's actually released. That time should be used productively to address any further issues that are found, and it shouldn't be seen as a bad thing. Where No Man's Sky became problematic is in treating the disc like an unfinished and "unrepresentative" product. You should finish your product before shipping it. A day one patch should just be to clean things up.

I think my takeaway from both weeks' podcasts is this. Day one patches make sense because of the long gap between when a developer submits to have a game printed and when it's actually released. That time should be used productively to address any further issues that are found, and it shouldn't be seen as a bad thing. Where No Man's Sky became problematic is in treating the disc like an unfinished and "unrepresentative" product. You should finish your product before shipping it. A day one patch should just be to clean things up.

I agree but for different reasons. I'm completely fine with developers trying to get as much to release as possible and I don't think they should be beholden to the disc. But I don't want them rushing to put out a day 1 patch because that leads to an inevitable second patch to clean up the first one. I'd rather the first big patch fix stuff instead of completing the game.

Yeah, it sucks that when the servers go down the physical discs we have will be almost useless because we cant download the patches anymore, but the industry is evolving so we need to get over it.

It sucks that Nintendo is quiet about the NX reveal event, we might not get a betting special.

I still have lil hope they might do one even if NX is a no show. Sony very likely has 2 big events a week apart from each other. The TGS conference should be announced either this week (if last year is to go by) or next week at the latest. But that Neo reveal is getting awfully close now so they probably have decided on it already.

Mrg8523-

Ian jinxed Balor vs Rollins at the beginning of Frame Trap. "I hope something terrible happens." I think it's safe to say that Balor wouldn't have been injured in the match if Ian had not said anything.

DpadD

Banned
So I know werehogs are like points from Whose Line is it Anyways, but I was thinking of some ideas for a were-hog meta game the Allies could play, that might be pretty fun.

For example, if someone gets 7 werehogs, they can make any other ally stream 1 hour of a game of their choosing.

If you have 5 werehogs, you can deflect it.

Idk shit like that. Might make things more interesting.

sora87

Ian jinxed Balor vs Rollins at the beginning of Frame Trap. "I hope something terrible happens." I think it's safe to say that Balor wouldn't have been injured in the match if Ian had not said anything.

Thanks a lot IAN, screwing over the Demon King™

re: Frame Trap discussion

Multi-billion dollar live sports aren't going anywhere in our lifetimes, bruhs.

e: lmao, this clones segment is great

Man I love frame trap. So great. It's one of the few gaming podcasts where people bring a wide variety of games to the table in the "what are you playing" segments. Sure they talk about the big game that's out but also so many other games. It's not the allies all moving as a hive mind from one game to the next as a collective.

Amazing Ep. If only it could be weekly. It'll happen one day. I believe!

jett

D-Member
Their Kingsglaive impressions are hilarious.

Narratively bizarre.
Visually incomprehensible
3/10...but theater-going experience 10/10. (????)
This movie is terrible and I love it.
It made no sense.
Visually terrible, camera, editing-wise.
Makes Greengrass look sterile.
Voice acting beyond terrible.

edit: Kyle's idea of PC gaming is just absolute nonsense.

I'm kinda with Kyle on the PC stuff. I bought a brand new machine a year ago with 970, 4790K, 16 gb RAM and what have I played on it? DotA and Civilization 5, that's pretty much it. I just don't like playing console games on my PC even tho it destroys my PS4 or heck, my Vita when it comes to hardware.

Could have bought Battlefront, Call of Duty, GTA V, on it but bought them for my PS4 instead. I give a ton of shit for FFXV because of the IQ but I would buy it on PS4 instead of PC even if it was on it Day 1.

I think the biggest thing for me is that playing on console you have to commit. On PC I would constantly be alttabbing to check Gaf or youtube videos ect ect. that would take me out of the game.

I'm kinda with Kyle on the PC stuff. I bought a brand new machine a year ago with 970, 4790K, 16 gb RAM and what have I played on it? DotA and Civilization 5, that's pretty much it. I just don't like playing console games on my PC even tho it destroys my PS4 or heck, my Vita when it comes to hardware.

Could have bought Battlefront, Call of Duty, GTA V, on it but bought them for my PS4 instead. I give a ton of shit for FFXV because of the IQ but I would buy it on PS4 instead of PC even if it was on it Day 1.

I think the biggest thing for me is that playing on console you have to commit. On PC I would constantly be alttabbing to check Gaf or youtube videos ect ect. that would take me out of the game.

Get on the couch and try big picture mode.

Their Kingsglaive impressions are hilarious.

Narratively bizarre.
Visually incomprehensible
3/10...but theater-going experience 10/10. (????)
This movie is terrible and I love it.
It made no sense.
Visually terrible, camera, editing-wise.
Makes Greengrass look sterile.
Voice acting beyond terrible.

edit: Kyle's idea of PC gaming is just absolute nonsense.

I have a beefy rig, play a ton of games, but barely play games outside of WoW and League on my PC. I use it primarily to record and edit video for YouTube and Twitch.

There's just something easy and relaxing about the console gaming experience that makes me choose buying a PS4 copy of a game over the PC version. I don't have to worry about how good it's going to look on my particular machine, get frustrated that I can't run it at super ultra max settings, when I can just put a disc in my PS4 and understand that I'm playing the same looking/performing version as everyone else who bought it on PS4.

Hasney

get frustrated that I can't run it at super ultra max settings

I don't understand why anyone would do that. I just knock it down a preset unless it then magically goes over 165 FPS.

I'm pretty much exclusively playing on PC these days. Got steering wheels and better control schemes for when I want it intense and steam link for couch gaming.

I don't understand why anyone would do that. I just knock it down a preset unless it then magically goes over 165 FPS.

I'm pretty much exclusively playing on PC these days. Got steering wheels and better control schemes for when I want it intense and steam link for couch gaming.
I don't really get it either. It seems like a very personal problem. PC gaming isn't perfect nor is it necessarily as comfy as console gaming, but I'd never pick a PS4 version over a PC version. And while Steam and BPM can be garbage, in-home streaming can be fantastic. It definitely changed my attitude towards PC gaming and the comfy couch argument.

I don't really get it either. It seems like a very personal problem. PC gaming isn't perfect nor is it necessarily as comfy as console gaming, but I'd never pick a PS4 version over a PC version. And while Steam and BPM can be garbage, in-home streaming can be fantastic. It definitely changed my attitude towards PC gaming and the comfy couch argument.

I bounce between them fairly evenly. For teams that are focused on PC, it's no question. If I get the sense that a PC version wasn't prioritized, then I'll go with console. It's kind of a gut decision, but it tends to pay off.

If a console game has technical issues, then that's on them and I'll put up with it. If a PC game has issues, there's always that nagging question about whether I can make it better, hunts through message boards, etc. that distract me from the game and half the time don't even get me any noticeable results.

Maiar_m

If a console game has technical issues, then that's on them and I'll put up with it. If a PC game has issues, there's always that nagging question about whether I can make it better, hunts through message boards, etc. that distract me from the game and half the time don't even get me any noticeable results.

That sort of echoes the point about videogames (and software in general) being sold imperfect or broken and users having to just deal with it and accept the responsibility for fixing it. I don't understand why we tolerate it, beside the usual "well that's the way it is". Sure it'd cost the publisher money to ship perfectly, but why do consumers have to care? It's weird to me. We'd be so pissed if we had the same mentality in other industries, I'm not sure we'd put up with it then.

Well, we sort of do now with movies being really bad when they're out in theaters, but are somewhat "patched" in the bluray director's cut.

Auctopus

Ben might have an easier time if he describes the show as fortnightly seeing as bi-weekly can mean both twice a week as well as every two weeks.

Frame Trap always surprises me with games the Allies have only just played that I thought they would've picked up Day 1. This week, Huber with Banner Saga. I would've thought he'd have played that long ago!

Hasney

What's this new gigs? Vice?

I'd doubt it. Be cool, but they seem like well-researched real journalism and I'm not sure if Bosmans takes would fit in. Might not be gaming related.

Uneasy about his new job. Good for him of course, can't help but sorry about EZA.

Literally said that all his EZA content is unaffected.

Summary, please? I'm at work and can't watch it.
Is he leaving?

Bosman has a job somewhere, can't say where yet, so don't expect Bosman at Home for a long time.

All EZA output is unaffected.

I'd doubt it. Be cool, but they seem like well-researched real journalism and I'm not sure if Bosmans takes would fit in. Might not be gaming related.

Literally said that all his EZA content is unaffected.

Bosman has a job somewhere, can't say where yet, so don't expect Bosman at Home for a long time.

All EZA output is unaffected.

Thank you, I'm super happy for him. Pursue your dream, little Bosman!

wapplew

He said he would be working behind the scenes so I'm guessing it's a writing gig of some sort.

At Nintendo writing this.
CH-RzJPWsAAVJ4s.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom