• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Bud Light Gaming channel.

Actually, makes me wonder if Geoff Keighley has anything he's working on more regular than Game Awards/YouTube E3 that he might want Kyle on board for since he's a fan. I know he does the GameStop in-store video stuff, but maybe he has something else up his sleeve.

He said he would be working behind the scenes so I'm guessing it's a writing gig of some sort.
I think that just means he's been getting something together without telling us, which is obviously true. If it's causing him to stop Bosman at Home and video game related I feel like it will probably be somewhat similar.

I feel they missed out some big pro's in the pc column.

eg. Half-life 1: if you bought it on ps2 back in the day and you want to play it again now,
you've got to go find your ps2 (if you still have it) and the controllers and all the cables etc,
find the actual game disk, plug everything in and basically go through a massive mission.

On pc I just click the play button on my 15 year old game and it runs. Superb. This is true for all the games in my steam library.
Feel that Deus Ex 1 itch again? Hankering for some original Quake? No problem, they're still on steam and they will run on your new pc.

Now, looking forward to the future, I won't need to buy a new copy of Overwatch (or any other game) when I want to play it on my shiny new rig,
but if you buy a Scorpio or ps5 (or whatever comes next) you will likely need to buy the game again, or keep your old console set up specifically for that.

Oh, and mods. Mods are the best.

-----

Great episode of FT though, some good discussion.
For once I agree with Kyle about something, I also don't like survival games! :p

L&R

Best of luck to my favourite ally, I hope he still remains in front of the camera as much as possible. As someone who doesn't watch TTE (not into D&D, sorry), I have to go to the podcasts and streams for a bit of Kyle goodness. I'll miss both this show and Brandon Plays Pokemon.

sora87

Ouch, this will hurt EZA if it does start to affect his time to do things with them, he is the biggest personality out of them all. :(

Hasney

Ouch, this will hurt EZA if it does start to affect his time to do things with them, he is the biggest personality out of them all. :(

I mean, this is what he's always said. He's doing TTE, podcast, group stream, dumb game monday and Bos V Woz because he could do them alongside a full time job. I doubt anything will change from that standpoint, other than maybe less Frame Trap appearances.

Remember friends, EZA has been set up from the get go as something they can keep up even if members get full time jobs/other work

Congrats to Bosman on joining the 1% with his new Wall Street gig

Chuck

Still without luck
Remember friends, EZA has been set up from the get go as something they can keep up even if members get full time jobs/other work

Congrats to Bosman on joining the 1% with his new Wall Street gig
But I, like everyone else, want it to be their full time jobs.

Auctopus

Can we not let this become a concern thread?

As a highly invested GT/EZA fan, I'm concious of the possibility of members of the team leaving for greener pastures but remember that less than a year ago, all these guys were made redundant. Despite his nonchalance, Bosman is just as invested in the crew as we are and we should be happy that he's found a gig that will allow him to continue creating the excellent content we love him for.

Edit: Too late, that Bosman at Home thread is already turning pretty negative.

dickroach

just started Frame Trap.
I don't follow WWE, but I had to look up what happened at RAW after Huber opened by saying "Finn Balor WILL win" and
LOL not only did he not win, he didn't fight; his championship is vacated, and he's out for 6 months.
good call, Huber!

Hasney

just started Frame Trap.
I don't follow WWE, but I had to look up what happened at RAW after Huber opened by saying "Finn Balor WILL win" and
LOL not only did he not win, he didn't fight; his championship is vacated, and he's out for 6 months.
good call, Huber!

Remeber what Ian said: "I hope something terrible happens"

:(

sora87

just started Frame Trap.
good call, Huber!

Well h
e did fight and he did win the match, just got injured in the process. Popped his shoulder back in place to finish it too, mad props

Massa

I had a dream that Bosman's full time job is a sketch on TV where he shows up at random celebrity houses and performs a song to them.

wiibomb

okay.. to get me on a more positive note..

what an amazing frame trap, I loved it... I could see every point made, I could understand all points of view and they had a very nice talk about NMS, that's exactly what I wanted, a talk with no preconceived notions, just making their own opinions (which I think is now rare on the Internet) being either good or bad.

I also don't understand the deal with RE fanbase... it is like they can't be pleased with anything.. I'm pretty glad for RE7 right now and I really really want Ian's thought about the VHS to come true.

Good on Kyle. If it doesn't affect the podcast or Tabletop, then it's no bad thing at all. I mean, would you rather he (or any other Ally) have a job around LA, or have to start looking further afield..?

Tankard

Good on Kyle. If it doesn't affect the podcast or Tabletop, then it's no bad thing at all. I mean, would you rather he (or any other Ally) have a job around LA, or have to start looking further afield..?

I would rather he is with EZA full time.
At least it sounds like a temporary full time thing for him, i'm still confident EZA will grow and be able to afford them all full time next year.

Hasney

I would rather he is with EZA full time.
At least it sounds like a temporary full time thing for him, i'm still confident EZA will grow and be able to afford them all full time next year.

Honestly don't think he wants it and keep part time so he can always do the EZA stuff as he obviously loves it, but this let's him keep his options open for other opportunities should they come up.

I mean, the number of hours he does for EZA while planning to hold down a full time gig is ridiculous.

Probably a bit far out, but if Geoff has something else planned...

Events like The Game Awards typically take months of planning so I think it's actually a fairly likely destination. When the first one was put together in under two months that was incredibly unusual.

MrMette

I am glad for Kyle as well. Sure, I would rather have him full time on EZA (I want this for all allies), but as this is impossible with the money they have, I think it is great he did find a job (the money he needs to live has to come from somewhere).

As long as he can combine the 2 (hopefull he can, I am sure his mind wants to do this, hopefully his body can), I am al for it.

Shang

Bosman's job final bet: writing for a talk show. I have no idea what reason I have for thinking that, except for that one IGN guy who now writes for the Daily Show, but I feel like that could be it. Putting all of my werehogs on the line.

dickroach

Bosman's job final bet: writing for a talk show. I have no idea what reason I have for thinking that, except for that one IGN guy who now writes for the Daily Show, but I feel like that could be it. Putting all of my werehogs on the line.

he said it was "video games related" :\
gimme dem hogs

Hasney

Events like The Game Awards typically take months of planning so I think it's actually a fairly likely destination. When the first one was put together in under two months that was incredibly unusual.

Totally, but writing and on screen talent probably not as much, especially as a full time thing. At this point, the creative people on the project would likely just be spitballing ideas while planning locations and logistics of it all.

wiibomb

I will fully support Bosman and fully believe that none of his duties will be affected.

#StandWithBossy

image.php

never forget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom