• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad that Ben needs to keep track of how much money is in the bag, what day it is for their taxes, Necator's spending sprees, the math that involves, and keeping track of the 29 1/2 lunar month for the next full moon.

the prove it ticket
cap at level 3?

hmzQMVZ.gif

Oh, they actually mentioned anniversary details on the podcast?

I don't know if I'll fly out for it (depending on what it is) but I definitely can't bring myself to make plans for something I don't actually know the details of. Lol

Auctopus

I don't know if I'll fly out for it (depending on what it is) but I definitely can't bring myself to make plans for something I don't actually know the details of. Lol

My problem is they keep being secretive. They did the same thing with the PSX meetup, they left it with a month to go. If they left like 3 months notice then I'd happily fly over but I can't pay for flights with a months notice.

My problem is they keep being secretive. They did the same thing with the PSX meetup, they left it with a month to go. If they left like 3 months notice then I'd happily fly over but I can't pay for flights with a months notice.
I imagine they just don't have the plans locked. If they did they'd let people know

For PSX they had no idea how many people would show up, expected maybe 50ish. Like 175 people showed up

The last update I remember Brandon basically saying they were still looking for the right place to have it, someplace that would actually sell drinks (meetup was in a hotel with a bar but it was separate from the room.

The meetup was a blast but honestly with so many people waiting their turns to say hi it was hard to really have a conversation until crowds started fanning out and it shrunk into smaller groups. Something with more of a "show" to it would definitely be cool.

Burt

Jim Sterling's Nioh review has the word Souls in it 9 times.

In the ten most recent reviews next week... 47 times.

I think Huber is one of the only Allies who actually enjoys Witcher 3 outside of Bloodworth though haha

Jones voted for it in GOTY and while Ben voted for Bloodborne, I'm pretty sure he was a big fan of it too.

Yeah, that was bizarre, haha. I remember them saying that during 2015 discussions that Huber would have had the deciding vote but he couldn't choose so Bloodborne won.

Since then, he's repeatedly called The Witcher 3 GOTY though, which is the correct answer ;)

Remind me which ally I'm quoting when I say "SKELLIGEEEEEEE!!!!"

There's no backsies when it comes to GOTY! Huber had the chance to vote for Witcher 3 to make it tie with Bloodborne but instead, he chose the cowards way out. Bloodborne is the GOTY 2015 and it has Huber to thank for it.

Seriously though, I was rooting for Bloodborne that year, so I'm happy the result went that way but I just found it funny Huber got the credit for being such a big Witcher 3 fan given that that happened.

Kneefoil

What the hell? Why does the prove it ticket
cap at level 3?

That really came out of the blue, I was waiting for that
level 4 ticket.
Countermeasure for no one wanting to actually use the ticket because they are curious what the following levels will be like.

El-Suave

The Wrestling themed Huber Syndrome was great! I really enjoyed that show and how jolly it was. They need to do that more often, maybe not for every PPV, but for the big four each year. This was such a great showcase for Brad and Huber, maybe they can leverage that passion into some sort of Patreon tier.

Prompto

Banned
The Wrestling themed Huber Syndrome was great! I really enjoyed that show and how jolly it was. They need to do that more often, maybe not for every PPV, but for the big four each year. This was such a great showcase for Brad and Huber, maybe they can leverage that passion into some sort of Patreon tier.
Yeah I'd love to see them discuss wrestling a bit more.

Some good stuff on this week's podcast, none of it felt like filler even though they only covered a few news topics. It all meshed together too. And that haunting singing.

Next time they have a betting special, Kyle needs to be #WokeBosman after that Twitter talk. Do dooo do do doo...

Naythan

Agreed. I understand if they don't want to do a full-on wrestling podcast but I love hearing the boys talk about the state of the WWE. I'd be down for another round of this during Wrestlemania and Summerslam.

ShadyK54

Count me in as really enjoying the wrestling Huber Syndrome. Would definitely enjoy some sort of wrestling based podcast or videos here & there around the major PPV's (maybe a tad bit more frequent than that).

What the hell? Why does the prove it ticket
cap at level 3?

That really came out of the blue, I was waiting for that
level 4 ticket.

Didn't Bosman say fine he'll make it go to 4 but he's not taking anyone's ideas even if they are really really good? Lol

-Horizon-

Wait, Kyle and Brandon don't actually think that's how you pronounce archipelago right? They're just trolling the comments right?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I loved this week's Tabletop. This podcast is easily the highlight of every week for me.
Only think I don't like about it is that the episodes feel are too short!

Wait, Kyle and Brandon don't actually think that's how you pronounce archipelago right? They're just trolling the comments right?

I didn't really get that impression. It's a really weird mispronunciation, they say it like it's spelt "archipolago" or something.

Edit: Wait, there's an Eevee sidequest? I never encountered that one, I guess I should boot up Sun again.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
What is the FrameTrap crew for next weeks episode? Probably too early for the full panel to do a fulldive on Nioh, I assume only Ben has played it so far extensively for review.
So will the next Frame Trap include a spoiler discussion on RE7? Or will that be its separate video?
But yes I hope we get some good RE7 talk with quite a few of them having experienced the whole game by now.

Bloodborne: The Musical is freaking great. Man, I wish we these guys had more of a budget to do things like this a little more often now that they're EZA.

Bloodborne: The Musical is freaking great. Man, I wish we these guys had more of a budget to do things like this a little more often now that they're EZA.

Not really possible without a studio. I hope they have a good business plan for the year, because I don't see them getting 50k regularly via Patreon anytime soon, as much as I want it to happen.

There should be a penalty for not using the prove it ticket, I don't know what that would be exactly but I'm sure Bosman could think of something appropriate.

Also, the escalating levels don't seem to provide enough incentive and are honestly not as fun as just the vanilla "Prove it". Why would anyone ever choose the "Back me up" option? The brief woop woop does not seem worth it.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
There should be a penalty for not using the prove it ticket, I don't know what that would be exactly but I'm sure Bosman could think of something appropriate.

Also, the escalating levels don't seem to provide enough incentive and are honestly not as fun as just the vanilla "Prove it". Why would anyone ever choose the "Back me up" option? The brief woop woop does not seem worth it.

Why not make it easy and just have the ticket level up per use while resetting it at a certain point to level 1 again. Prove it exp, a proven concept.

wiibomb

Why not make it easy and just have the ticket level up per use while resetting it at a certain point to level 1 again. Prove it exp, a proven concept.

because what's the use of the ticket if there is no one using it for a whole month?

the idea is not to level it up, is to use it.. I mean, it's like having a 1 use only item in a game and never using it for fear to waste it, then it becomes useless in the long run.

That Digimon World: Next order stream was so good.

Kyle went through so many emotions in 1 stream.

-Happiness
-Sadness
-Regret
-Fear
-Anger

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
because what's the use of the ticket if there is no one using it for a whole month?

the idea is not to level it up, is to use it.. I mean, it's like having a 1 use only item in a game and never using it for fear to waste it, then it becomes useless in the long run.

? The allies have been saving it because they want to see it level up.
Having the ticket gain exp on use to level up directly encourages use.
I don't quite understand why you assume that such a change would still have them save up the prove it ticket for basically 0 benefit.

It's an inside joke man, why are you taking it so seriously? They don't really say anything that warrants a 'prove it' for most of the podcasts. Apart from when Huber got annoyed at Kyle for disparaging Mario Galaxy.

abrack08

That Digimon World: Next order stream was so good.

Kyle went through so many emotions in 1 stream.

-Happiness
-Sadness
-Regret
-Fear
-Anger

I had it on in the background at work, watched the whole thing, it really was great. The day flew by. I was a little bummed at how beaten down he was getting, since I know he loves Digimon and he seemed disappointed, but it was great to see him really perk up once he got
BlueMeramon and Blue MegaKabuterimon
and started making real progress near the end. It really was a rollercoaster of emotions, haha.

Auctopus

It's an inside joke man, why are you taking it so seriously?

We're talking about the thread that threatened to remove their Patronage because Kyle didn't properly play LTTP.

But seriously, I think it caps at Level 3 just because it would get too powerful and ruin the podcast. Like, what's Level 5? "Make everyone agree with what I say for half an hour."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom