• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMette

I miss Just Played's so hopefully they do more of these.

Yes, I'd love more of these.

I loved those too, but I suspect making those will be a lot more difficult when they don't have a studio yet. I hope I am wrong, but the more I think about it, the more I am sure there won't be a lot of those without a studio. It's not like they can walk into the office next to them to ask somebody to have a talk about a certain game without an office and I suspect most of those just came naturally instead of them making plans on recording a Just Played.

But one can hope for sure. It would be great to have them create something like that again. Until then, Frametrap does something similar in discussing the games they have played.

MrMette

Maybe time to kill of Yogalla and let Jones take a permanent seat.

I think Brandon is indeed great as a D&D player, but I love Kyle as well. He made me laugh so hard so many times. I don't want to give that up.

I like it the way it is right now. The core group if possible and if not an offshoot D&D special (which was amazing btw).

In general this was by far the weakest Dear Bosman thus far.
Ehh, I guess? Probably because the games he picked to talk about aren't as easy of targets as what he's done previously

That'll be the case going forward since every week can't be ragging on Watchdogs or something

I did think the Battleborn bit was the best since the first week, maybe the best in general

In generale the YouTube show is pretty weak imo, except for the Kighley editorial and Kyle's segment.
They also should tone down a little Kyle's makeup. they lay down that shit pretty thick.

Auctopus

I thought it was fine, the Battleborn joke is wearing pretty thin now, though. I really hope it doesn't remain a running joke 'cause there's nothing there besides "DAE not like Battleborn?"

Karu

In generale the YouTube show is pretty weak imo, except for the Kighley editorial and Kyle's segment.
They also should tone down a little Kyle's makeup. they lay down that shit pretty thick.
Regarding the last point: Yep, noticed right away haha.

blizzard opening commentary stream coming up by the way, guys!

I'm with Bosman in regards to Battleborn by the way - if he's serious or not - never not funny for me :-/ :D

Mista Koo

Just finished the first Fiasconaut episode. It was amazing, my stomach hurt from all the laughing. Huber's Clive is the MVP.
Camp Death was actually my first Fiasco. I was Banana Bigsby, a promiscuous posh schoolgirl who turned out to be the killer.

I really wanted to see Huber play a female, maybe next time. Also maybe Kyle and Ian could be males for once.

I still don't get exactly how some of the dice transfers work, but I really love the performances from everyone.
During the first act you give the die you get to someone else, ideally you match the colors they have for a better ending for them. But yeah in practice it's weird and random, the second act is better since whatever happens during your scene affects your fate forever.

I agree. I know they want to keep Battleborn as a running joke but it barely worked for the second episode.

WarRock

Bosman commentary on Scalebound is basically the Kamiya modus operandi, haha. And he wants Q in SFV, can't complain about that.

Hasney

Giant Bomb are doing their Extra Life stream and one of the dudes there is playing Rock Band drums for 12 hours straight. That all-star song came on and I just realised how I can never hear this now without repeatedly going someBODY periodically.

Giant Bomb are doing their Extra Life stream and one of the dudes there is playing Rock Band drums for 12 hours straight. That all-star song came on and I just realised how I can never hear this now without repeatedly going someBODY periodically.
I was watching this morning, one of the best streams I've ever seen. So cool to see him still going.

dex3108

We need Black Friday shopping show from Huber this year. Just imagine Huber going around half empty stores looking for gems (they did it one year) :D

WarRock

Oh man oh man Huber Syndrome. He touches into such an important aspect from arcade games that people hate nowadays. It's the JSR x JSRF debate all over again.

luchadork

thank christ i'm not the only one who notices it. he's fine in the studio but once they cut to dear bosman, i swear they're giving him the steve buscemi treatment. so much saturation.

xNaY4bO.png

bUt2JOU.png

Catching up on the group stream, dang BlazBlue looks sick. I figured it was close to the recent Guilty Gear releases so I never really paid attention but there's some cool looking characters. A gripe with Xrd is I could only really wrap my head around one character (Millia) and even then couldn't hang with the regulars

I'll prolly grab it in a sale or something since there's no way I'll be able to keep up online, hah

LTTP but watching the VR group stream......so good

As funny as the Miku thing is, Huber going full John Wick on Until Dawn was a pleasure. Made me want VR/that game (though if there's motion sickness issues I bet I'd get a wicked headache)

For 40k they should add another incentive.

Maybe a show from Brad or something? He's like the only one without a series right?

Him, Blood and Damiani.

Hasney

For 40k they should add another incentive.

Maybe a show from Brad or something? He's like the only one without a series right?

Him, Blood and Damiani.

Brad said he doesn't want one, Damian and Damiani has Game Sleuth. The $40k goal is for a second Damiani show.

Auctopus

Couldn't disagree with Huber more about time and The Witcher 3. Putting a time limit on that game's story would destroy it.

The search for Ciri carries over multiple novels, it's large scale, it takes Geralt months/years as he searches the land for clues etc. There's a sense of importance in finding Ciri but I wouldn't say there's meant to be a feeling of immediate urgency.

Joqu

I honestly can't handle time limits in games in general. The one that comes to mind is Fallout 1's. Really lax but it still stressed the fuck out of me. I'll play a horror game if I want that kind of feeling

Brad said he doesn't want one, Damian and Damiani has Game Sleuth. The $40k goal is for a second Damiani show.

I really don't mean to sound negative here, I loved the pilot, but it seems to me like there isn't a whole lot of interest in Damiani's second show unfortunately. I'm convinced it'd grow on people though, that first story was quality

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't mean to sound negative here, I loved the pilot, but it seems to me like there isn't a whole lot of interest in Damiani's second show unfortunately. I'm convinced it'd grow on people though, that first story was quality

I don't think that's necessarily it, I liked the pilot. I just think we're just really capped out for the moment. The way I see it we're going to see slow but steady growth from people discovering the reviews. And sudden bigger growth probably more from discussion videos on weird things that might be trending in gaming(think mass effect 3 ending videos so many of those have impressive view numbers) or just some video going viral for whatever reason.

Although it's a bit sad(don't think that's quite the right word actually :/) given that the studio goal feels so far away I'm just happy as long as the allies are happy doing this together.

Joqu

I don't think that's necessarily it, I liked the pilot. I just think we're just really capped out for the moment. The way I see it we're going to see slow but steady growth from people discovering the reviews. And sudden bigger growth probably more from discussion videos on weird things that might be trending in gaming(think mass effect 3 ending videos so many of those have impressive view numbers) or just some video going viral for whatever reason.

Although it's a bit sad(don't think that's quite the right word actually :/) given that the studio goal feels so far away I'm just happy as long as the allies are happy doing this together.

Well, I don't think the show has been holding back the numbers either or anything. Just saying I don't think it's been much of a drive for most either, you know, it's been nothing like the E3 goal. Just sort of a neutral one if anything. So added incentive could be useful, but I don't think it's a necessity or anything. But I do get the sentiment.

Though I am under the impression people weren't too interested in the pilot, but maybe that's just me spending too much time in the youtube comments.

(And again, I don't feel that way myself. I want that show)

But yeah, while I don't think 40k is out of reach we're roughly capped out for now, I agree. That's okay though. As long as things stay stable I'm sure we'll see growth in the long term, Easy Allies is still so young!

I honestly can't handle time limits in games in general. The one that comes to mind is Fallout 1's. Really lax but it still stressed the fuck out of me. I'll play a horror game if I want that kind of feeling

That's why I suggested Brad. No disrespect on Damiani but he isn't the most beloved member. I would say 40k for something Kyle related, but he already has his own thing on his channel and the podcast on Easy Allies.

It's actually been kinda the opposite for the patreon. It's been a very VERY slow decline for about 2 months. Obviously they are still doing well, but the 40k goal is farther rather than closer now. :/

Love the Easy Allies but feel like there wasn't enough content.

Budi

Couldn't disagree with Huber more about time and The Witcher 3. Putting a time limit on that game's story would destroy it.

The search for Ciri carries over multiple novels, it's large scale, it takes Geralt months/years as he searches the land for clues etc. There's a sense of importance in finding Ciri but I wouldn't say there's meant to be a feeling of immediate urgency.

Yup, it always bothers me when people complain that Geralt shouldn't have time to do actual Witchering since he is in a hurry to find Ciri. While it's true that it's important to find Ciri, characters keep reminding you that she can take care of herself pretty well too. And as you get to play as her, you also experience it yourself. And also in game you travel very long distances, just because the traveling happens fast in real time it doesn't happen as instant in the games world. And indeed Geralt needs to still take jobs to sustain himself. And some of the quests he is helping his other friends, like Dandelion and Triss. Atleast my Geralt wouldn't leave his friends in trouble when he is capable of giving immediate help.

But I think games especially rpg:s/immersive sims could add little touches like there was in the first mission of Human Revolution. That the world would react if you take too much time to do something. Human Revolution's first mission won't fail but it has consequences when I just kept breaking and entering in my co-workers office instead of going to the chopper. Just NPC:s commenting if something takes long time to do would be cool.

Edit: I'm usually bit disappointed when Easy Update is just edited clip of Ian playing. But the latest Civ episode was really fun watch.

WarRock

How do you guys feel about Valkyrie Profile's time mechanics?

I'd love to see some sort of like 12 hour EZA Awareness stream where they call out new Patrons on camera rather than subs. Have goals for numbers of new Patrons that you can try to hit during the stream

Cause some excitement, give people the extra reason to make
the SWITCH
the jump, and get another reach at people with the "hey look, those Gametrailers people are still going"

Unfortunately due to the nature of Patreon you could have people pulling out their pledges before the end of the month, but I'd like to think a good amount of people would be legit. Even if they're just pledging 1 dollar or something, just to get the count up

It's actually been kinda the opposite for the patreon. It's been a very VERY slow decline for about 2 months. Obviously they are still doing well, but the 40k goal is farther rather than closer now. :/

Love the Easy Allies but feel like there wasn't enough content.

Pretty sure the number of patrons has been consistently going up though, so it seems like it's mostly just people lowering their pledges to a more steady number after the first six months of excitement, which is perfectly reasonable.

What I am surprised by is the $500 slot that's been free for a couple of weeks now. I think they need to advertise it on the podcast, preferably right after podcast halftime.

Listening to the Q&A.

One of the greatest women in the industry and Ben-Kun calls Ayami Kojima a dude.
No more trips to Japan as punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom