• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Big drop in Patreon. Down to 44.3k

There's things going on in the background with people talking about funding Trailer Jones. It's not worth monitoring right now because there's likely to be large fluctuations depending on how that goes.

The number of patrons has actually gone up in the same period. They're back in the top 13.

Auctopus

I need to check if it's still active but last year (due to anticipation from the popularity of EZA compared to GT), I made a private Twitch EZAGAF Chat Group for EZA E3.

Would people be up for that sort of thing this year? I'm not trying to turn my nose up at the public chat but it can get seriously hectic due to how much extra traffic hits the channel during E3 and people might want a place to chat with other Allies.

ShadyK54

Curious what Kyle has to say about that Pokémon Direct on the podcast, because to me that was a whole lot of nothing & disappointment.

Karu

I bet there will be either no new Metroid or a 2D-ish one by Retro. A trilogy-port would happen in either scenario.

I'm hyped for Gold Silver-VC release haha.
Ultra Moon and Ultra Sun is lol-worthy, though. Thought we were done with 3rd versions? Here, have two. A switch-exclusive would be incredibly stupid in the current environment of limited switch stock. Like... it would be an insane decision. Don't see why a 3DS port on Switch wouldn't be possible, though... MH Generations clearly showed that Cross-play is possible...

diablogod

I bet there will be either no new Metroid or a 2D-ish one by Retro. A trilogy-port would happen in either scenario.

I'm hyped for Gold Silver-VC release haha.
Ultra Moon and Ultra Sun is lol-worthy, though. Thought we were done with 3rd versions? Here, have two. A switch-exclusive would be incredibly stupid in the current environment of limited switch stock. Like... it would be an insane decision. Don't see why a 3DS port on Switch wouldn't be possible, though... MH Generations clearly showed that Cross-play is possible...

Switch versions must be coming, apparently on the original press release it mentioned a Switch Version.

Bahorel

Maybe they're holding back a Stars switch for later? I'm the ultimate "I don't go here" for Pokémon but i don't think they'd waste the opportunity to still name something Stars...

Hasney

It makes no sense to reveal a big Pokemon game before E3. If there's really a Pokemon Star, they're holding that til next week.

It makes plenty of sense. Get the headlines now.

If Star exists, I bet we get a direct early 2018 to say it's out that summer or something.

ShadyK54

It makes no sense to reveal a big Pokemon game before E3. If there's really a Pokemon Star, they're holding that til next week.

I can't help but be cynical about this after today. But I would absolutely love to be wrong about it, for sure.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that they do a Stars Switch bundle, is it? Given those rumors of production being ramped up. Just have this feeling they'll announce bundles.

It makes plenty of sense. Get the headlines now.

If Star exists, I bet we get a direct early 2018 to say it's out that summer or something.

If that's true then Nintendo would have just announced all of it now and not even bother with their E3 Nintendo Direct (I'm assuming there is one).

No? You can get headlines twice in 2 weeks.

So what's the problem with holding Pokemon Star til E3 if they're still getting the headline anyways?

I'm not saying Pokemon Star is gonna be at E3 tho, but to me this makes more sense. I can't remember the last time a big Publisher announced their big games pre-show.

Hasney

So what's the problem with holding Pokemon Star til E3 if they're still getting the headline anyways?

Why would you annoy people with a Pokemon announcement not coming to Switch to then do a switcharoo and announce Star after the fact only a week later?

Why would you annoy people with a Pokemon announcement not coming to Switch to then do a switcharoo and announce Star after the fact only a week later?

You get twice the headlines!

"Nintendo announces new Pokemon only for 3DS, dooms new Switch console"

and a week later

"Nintendo announces new Pokemon port for Switch, saves console and company"

Think about it! It's genius!

Karu

The timing ain't right, but the guys from Square probably gave them a lesson in trolling #Remake.

But nah, I'm with you, won't happen.

The seemingly short runtime (30 minutes) has me worried, though, just in general. Pacing and all is great, but at the end of the day, I don't want to sit there like "uhhhh, 14 minutes left and no Metroid! Uhhhh... 4 minutes left and they started the Nintendoland fireworks..... 0 minutes left... WAIT WHAT?!". I want it all, the meat, the bloat and the ugly comedy.

Pokemon deflation today has actually stunted some E3 hype for me. I need to build it back up, but I simply cannot let myself get excited for Nintendo at this point. I pray that they have at least one secret Switch bomb for me, whether that's Retro's new IP or what.

Ray Down

Banned
Kyle must be sad for believing.

V23i8lW.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You get twice the headlines!

"Nintendo announces new Pokemon only for 3DS, dooms new Switch console"

and a week later

"Nintendo announces new Pokemon port for Switch, saves console and company"

Think about it! It's genius!

Yeah, this. Nobody talks about Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon for 3DS if they get announced at the same time as Stars for the Switch.

I will say having 4 (5 when switch port arrives lol) versions on same generation is a new level of greed for Pokemon lol.

I probably will jump back to the franchise once Stars is released on Switch (last time I was on the Pokemon train was with Crystal) and I'm glad I never have worried about getting all the pokemons or buying all the versions.

Kneefoil

I will say having 4 (5 when switch port arrives lol) versions on same generation is a new level of greed for Pokemon lol.

I probably will jump back to the franchise once Stars is released on Switch (last time I was on the Pokemon train was with Crystal) and I'm glad I never have worried about getting all the pokemons or buying all the versions.

Pokémon Yellow was already a fourth version in Japan. They started with Pokémon Red and Green, but they also got their own Blue, which had it's own set of Pokémon that was different than the sets in Red and Green.

A 5th version would be a new high, though.
And I still believe in Pokémon Eclipse.

ShadyK54

And I was so ready to buy a Switch, too. :/ still gotta #Believe in the Stars (or eclipse). Might end up buying that Gold PS4. :p

Brandon Batman VR in an hour sounds fun!

WarRock

Black & White + Black 2 & White 2 though?

Hasney

Sure, but I think Nintendo could do a better job of throwing their weight around like MS and Sony.

I'm preparing myself to be disappointed from Nintendo this E3

Lots of people are. They only show games that are coming quite soon now and they already have a fairly packed 2017 for a first party, so there will be 1 or 2 announcements and that's it. Anyone expecting more, at least big titles, is deluding themselves.

mishakoz

Lots of people are. They only show games that are coming quite soon now and they already have a fairly packed 2017 for a first party, so there will be 1 or 2 announcements and that's it. Anyone expecting more, at least big titles, is deluding themselves.

I'm not expecting megatons, but it would be nice to see "hey we hear you. We are listening."

And I'm know 1st party is pretty packed but Nintendo also has to overcompensate for the lack of 3rd party, so it doesn't feel that packed.

Just give me smash with significant new content. Please Nintendo.

emb

Best thing to do at this point is to just be excited about Mario. It looked so good at reveal, I'm excited to see what else they want to show.

Another possible one: them to really double down on Xenoblade 2 this year. Be very specific, say it's releasing in the US on a specific date, etc. XB2 seems a little too good to be true, so I want them to help me believe more! A nice trailer will help with this too.

One more conservative hope: a nice FE Warriors trailer playing up a couple of character reveals.

And the stretch goal, I'd love to see Retro's game. Obviously they have something going on, but feels more likely to not see it this year.

At least all we bitter old Vitacats get the last laugh at former 3DS stans with their hardware doesn't matter mantra.

Anyway if they port fuckin Pokken they better port Tropical Freeze, the only Wii U port I really want on Switch.

That or Donkey Kong's Revenge.

Karu

I have only so much money to throw around between PS4 and Switch. Nintendo not going 180°C with everything, e.g. third parties is perfectly fine with me. Give me Xenoblades, Warriors, Odyssey, have Kingdom Battle be decent and then a shadow drop and some other sprrise and I am good.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
New Cold Steel 3 news have upped my hype levels sky high(they revealed a lot of possible antagonist so it's like Marvel hyping Thanos but amplified by a 100 cause we already saw some of them in action doing dbz levels of "oh my gawd" power displays in prior games) hope E3 can approach to maintain those levels. Good times ahead.
Also some of the sky games are at their lowest they ever been on gog.
https://www.gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky_sc_the

Just in case people want to be streets ahead of Ben's Don't Skip of the first game.

Kneefoil

I had decently high expectations for Nintendo before I heard that their E3 Direct was going to be only 30 minutes long. I'm guessing they'll only focus on games that will be released this year. Probably only one or two new games (that we don't know about yet) announced, if any.

Yea, as soon as I learned Nintendo is focusing primarily on 2017 (along with it being 30 min), it went from my most hyped conference to a big fat meh.

I really wanted details on 2018 stuff.

Auctopus

Nintendo fans seem to have such good faith in the company as a constant, that they could probably take the same risk Sony do and announce games that are a couple years off for the sake of good press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom