• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Nintendo fans seem to have such good faith in the company as a constant, that they could probably take the same risk Sony do and announce games that are a couple years off for the sake of good press.

They used to do that and since they don't have a steady stream of 3rd parties to keep you entertained, everyones like "WHERE'S ZELDA?! WHERE'S SMT X FE?!?!?!?!"

Unfortunately, I feel Nintendo will disappoint anyone expecting megatons. Not gonna happen. The Stars fumble made me finally give up hype for their E3 direct.

Axass

Nintendo @ E3

Obvious:

Mario Odyssey
Splatoon 2
Arms
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Zelda DLC
Skyrim
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Pokkén Tournament DX
FIFA
Virtual Console/online system detailed

Probable:

Smash DX
Retro Studios's new game
New IP from Nintendo
Platinum's new game
Monster Hunter

Possible:

Pikmin 4
Animal Crossing
Metroid in some form
Super Mario Maker DX
Some NDS/3DS staples
Something Kirby
Sakurai's new project
Mario Kart DX DLC
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Dark Souls

Unlikely:

F-Zero
Donkey Kong
Eternal Darkness
Most major AAA multiplatform games
Rhythm Heaven
Paper Mario or Mario RPG
Fire Emblem 2018
Yoshi
Wave Race
Pokémon Stars

Budi

Isn't there unannounced Platinum Switch exclusive rumoured or even confirmed? I also have my hopes up for Bayonetta!

Kneefoil

Nintendo @ E3
[...]

I'm not entirely sure if Fifa would be there, but it wouldn't be too surprising. Those games do sell a lot.

Unsure about Pokken as well, since we just saw quite a lot of it, but I wouldn't be too surprised by it either.

Zelda DLC might get a passing mention, but they're not going to dwell on it for too long.

I'm expecting Virtual Console to be detailed at a later date, tbh, as much as I do want them to get it out already. I used to think this would be the time to talk about it and maybe even launch it, but since they pushed the online service to 2018, I feel like VC was probably pushed as well, since classic games were tied to the online service.

I wouldn't expect any new Nintendo IPs this year.

I really don't think we'll see anything new from Platinum yet.

Pikmin 4 I would almost say is probable because of how long it's been in development. It's only a matter of if it will be pushed to 2018 because of marketing reasons or not. I think it's slightly more likely than Retro's new game, which to me is balancing on the line of "probable" and "possible".

I really want Animal Crossing, but I don't think that's happening either. I predict it's going to happen next year.

Mario Maker DX/2 would probably be ready to go, but they probably want to push it to next year to pad out the release schedule and to avoid droughts. We're already getting a Mario this year in the form of Odyssey.

Metroid is possible, but I would be very surprised if there was an entirely new entry this year. Prime 3 has been teased so much that I expect we'll get it before 2020.

My gut tells me that Kirby would stick to 3DS if there was one this year, but Nintendo has stated that the showcase will only be about Switch games, so I find this doubtful.

I would love to see what Sakurai's been working on. I'm hopeful, but not expecting it.

I don't think MK8DX will get DLC.

It's already confirmed BG&E2 won't be seen at E3 this year.

Other than that, I more or less agree with you. Here's hoping that Nintendo surprises me positively.

Ray Down

Banned
Yeah I don't have a lot of expectations for Nintendo, especially for a 30 minute show, unless they just SPEED though everything.

Dont expect anything more than this

Pokken
Mario Oddysey
Fire Emblem Warriors
Fire Emblem Switch
Splatoon 2
Arms
Pokemon Ultra
the Kirby 3DS anniversary game
Skyrim
Sonic
Mario and Rabbids
Xenoblade 2
maybe some indies.

And you wouldnt be disappointed, eveerything else is extra

VanWinkle

Nintendo @ E3

Obvious:

Mario Odyssey
Splatoon 2
Arms
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Zelda DLC
Skyrim
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Pokkén Tournament DX
FIFA
Virtual Console/online system detailed

Probable:

Smash DX
Retro Studios's new game
New IP from Nintendo
Platinum's new game
Monster Hunter

Possible:

Pikmin 4
Animal Crossing
Metroid in some form
Super Mario Maker DX
Some NDS/3DS staples
Something Kirby
Sakurai's new project
Mario Kart DX DLC
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Dark Souls

Unlikely:

F-Zero
Donkey Kong
Eternal Darkness
Most major AAA multiplatform games
Rhythm Heaven
Paper Mario or Mario RPG
Fire Emblem 2018
Yoshi
Wave Race
Pokémon Stars

Bro, you know their "conference" is only 30 minutes long, right

Axass

Bro, you know their "conference" is only 30 minutes long, right

The show is only 30 minutes. Even if they just covered your Obvious column, that's less than 3 minutes per game. Doesn't leave much room for surprises, which is why I'm not expecting much.

Nintendo @ E3 guys. Not Nintendo Spotlight.

Splatoon, Arms and Pokkén are already covered by the invitationals even if they don't get a trailer. Mario + Rabbids will be at Ubi's conference, Skyrim at Bethesda's and Fifa at EA's. Plus there's the Treehouse Live.

ShadyK54

Nintendo @ E3 guys. Not Nintendo Spotlight.

Splatoon, Arms and Pokkén are already covered by the invitationals even if they don't get a trailer. Mario + Rabbids will be at Ubi's conference, Skyrim at Bethesda's and Fifa at EA's. Plus there's the Treehouse Live.

I feel like there's next to no chance we see things from Nintendo that aren't part of their Spotlight presentation.

I personally would expect like a Direct in the middle of August or something if they were to announce new games.

I feel like there's next to no chance we see things from Nintendo that aren't part of their Spotlight presentation.

I personally would expect like a Direct in the middle of August or something if they were to announce new games.

On the contrary, I expect the "Spotlight" to be just that, focused on the biggest games and announcements. The Treehouse could very well demo a lot of things that aren't even talked about in that first half-hour.

ShadyK54

On the contrary, I expect the "Spotlight" to be just that, focused on the biggest games and announcements. The Treehouse could very well demo a lot of things that aren't even talked about in that first half-hour.

That's true. I don't know, I just really find myself in a pessimistic mood about it. Tempering expectations and all. I'd love to be proven wrong about it, though, as I'm really just looking for reasons to get a Switch. :p

WarRock

It's what I expect too. Last year they said "Zelda only" and then Treehouse was streaming Snipperclips and everybody started talking about it.

farisr

They used to do that and since they don't have a steady stream of 3rd parties to keep you entertained, everyones like "WHERE'S ZELDA?! WHERE'S SMT X FE?!?!?!?!"
They did it badly by announcing that Zelda would be showing up in 2015. After giving people a terrific year (2014), folks were looking forward to Zelda to make the next year just as terrific. So the game getting delayed first into 2016, then 2017 is of course going to lead to "where's Zelda" over and over again.

dickroach

damn. that Stormblood trailer really was awesome.
I wanna dive into XIV but I've got about.... 500 games I gotta get through before I dive in.

Tsosie

This year's E3 line-up of live shows is looking tasty. I can not wait for what Ben has up his sleeve for frame trap. I just rewatcjed last E3s frame trap a few days ago and Noodles and Broth was an excellent segment.

That was one of my favorite group streams so far. Just a whole lot of fun and joy. Hubers valiant effort for the GoW trailer cracked me up.

The audio sync pretty much held the whole stream. Only at an hour 20 or so did it slightly get off for me. But then it recovered w/o me doing a refresh. And they have a new part coming Thursday that appears to help as well

Also I'm now officially hyped for E3. It really didn't hit me until this stream. Bring on the betting special! Also notice how they were vague about the betting special. I still believe there will be some form of Huber vs Bosman

ShadyK54

The audio sync pretty much held the whole stream. Only at an hour 20 or so did it slightly get off for me. But then it recovered w/o me doing a refresh. And they have a new part coming Thursday that appears to help as well

Also I'm now officially hyped for E3. It really didn't hit me until this stream. Bring on the betting special! Also notice how they were vague about the betting special. I still believe there will be some form of Huber vs Bosman

Betting special storyline: Kyle dug the Slusser Cup out of Ultima Brad's trash & it becomes the secondary EZA Betting Special belt.

It was starting do desync I guess...I think Damiani refreshed when he played the video.

I have to see how long it took to desync in past streams to see if it improved. I really hope we don't have any sync problems at E3.

It's weird, it seemed to get off a bit, but I refreshed and it got better. Not sure if that was coincidence (if Damiani did something to fix it around then) or if the twitch html5 client is a little wonky, or (...)

Focusing on 2017 titles only is perfectly fine approach, especially with Switch having low stock, but it isn't exactly exciting for me as an "E3 enthusiast" who lives for this time of the year and the excitement that comes with it.

I have been very critical before on announcing titles too early also, main suspect being FF7R where I was immediately annoyed at the thought that we wouldn't see that shit releasing in like forever.

I feel like the sweet spot is E3 being for deep looks at games releasing the same year or early next year and announcements for titles that aim for this or next year. For example Horizon feels like it was revealed at a perfect time for a big showoff title. It was aimed to release the following year and even tho it got delayed it didn't feel like the hype cycle was too long. Then you got games like Dreams where I have no idea why they announced it so early and we are just left wondering what the heck is going on with it.

Rockk

In true wrestling fashion I imagine there will be the main event betting special but then maybe some royal rumble free for all in the works.

ShadyK54

In true wrestling fashion I imagine there will be the main event betting special but then maybe some royal rumble free for all in the works.

Ultima Brad vs. Cold Blooded (EZA Title)

Bosman vs. Huber (reinstated Slusser Cup)

Money in the Bank match (remaining 3-4 betters)

#BettingSpecialOfDreams

Edit: Dropped the number down because I think I remember it being said that Jones wouldn't be in any bets lol.

Szeth

I know they fixed it quick but the fact they even entertained the idea of muting their audio when the whole point of the stream was to watch the trailers with them and get hype made me irrationally angry. Like, come on dudes.

Praying for some form of Bosman vs. Huber. I don't care how good Ultima vs. Cold Blooded is, it won't be E3 without them. :(

Other than that I'm crazy excited for E3 and can't wait to watch everything with the Allies!

emb

Exactly. There are certainly a lot of different avenues to shine in outside of the short Nintendo presentation.

Personally I'm guessing that Arms/Pokken will be absent from the Direct, and Splatoon will only have a quick trailer included. For whatever reason I feel like Mario Rabbids will be shown by Nintendo. Mario will be the biggest focus of the Treehouse demo, but maybe won't take up a disproportionate amount of time in the show.

Hasney

Ultima Brad vs. Cold Blooded (EZA Title)

Bosman vs. Huber (reinstated Slusser Cup)

Money in the Bank match (remaining 3-4 betters)

#BettingSpecialOfDreams

Edit: Dropped the number down because I think I remember it being said that Jones wouldn't be in any bets lol.

Jones also said Bosman V Huber isn't happening. It's traditional E3 bets where they pick teams from the other allies.

wapplew

Feel the same, officially hype!
Especially thinking I might get to play NinoKuni2, XC2, DQ11 and Mario this holiday. No delay, be honest, trailer.

Auctopus

Hoping Blood wins seeing as his bet stake of themed dioramas lead to a far better stream than any of the "play X game for X hours" ever have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom