• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joqu

The only thing that irrationally bothers me is when someone in chat starts throwing around the resident sleeper emote because they dislike a certain Easy Allies topic, or hell, member. I know it's not that big of a deal but I just find it so disrespectful.

But that's like, standard Twitch chat fare. I'm not big on the whole Twitch chat culture in general, and I know EZA's is pretty decent all things considered. It's a pet peeve. :L

border

I don't keep up with EZA anymore, but I was wondering -- did Brandon ever comment on how he came to "accidentally" reveal the release date of Red Dead Redemption 2?

dickroach

Kyle and Huber inserting their final bets into the showdown makes no sense. How does that influence the result in any way?

Bad Game Balance.

EDIT: But well done to EZA for everything else. That intro really made me smile

it doesn't

I'm excited for it but I really think people should wait to see how it's actually going to play before assuming it's a full on real ass fighter

It's still a DBZ licensed game, my suspicion is they're going for the Xrd look first and foremost rather than "Arc Sys makes sick fighters and we want to be esports". I didn't play the 3DS Arc Sys games but it sounds like they were alright?

The RIP Marvel stuff is funny if people are being serious, like just because it has 3 characters its gonna be that style of game and fill that niche

If it does, hype! Expecting that seems crazy though. Let's start by hoping it's good lol

E3 starts in a day and this guy over here talking about reasonable expectations. Good luck, buddy :D
All of my energy is going towards DMCV

I would hype for Wolfenstein and Evil Within 2 but those are LOCKS, friend

Preorder Wolfenstein The New Colossus for the DOOM 2 beta (lol)

jett

D-Member
The only thing that irrationally bothers me is when someone in chat starts throwing around the resident sleeper emote because they dislike a certain Easy Allies topic, or hell, member. I know it's not that big of a deal but I just find it so disrespectful.

But that's like, standard Twitch chat fare. I'm not big on the whole Twitch chat culture in general, and I know EZA's is pretty decent all things considered. It's a pet peeve. :L

EZA chat is incredibly positive/polite compared to most shit out there.

WarRock

I'm excited for it but I really think people should wait to see how it's actually going to play before assuming it's a full on real ass fighter

It's still a DBZ licensed game, my suspicion is they're going for the Xrd look first and foremost rather than "Arc Sys makes sick fighters and we want to be esports". I didn't play the 3DS Arc Sys games but it sounds like they were alright?

The RIP Marvel stuff is funny if people are being serious, like just because it has 3 characters its gonna be that style of game and fill that niche

If it does, hype! Expecting that seems crazy though. Let's start by hoping it's good lol
P4A/P4U though.

wiibomb

I'm actually surprised at how polite EZA chat usually is.

when I see the things I see at the HS streamer chats, I just lose hope in twitch.

Auctopus

Spamming in general kind of gets on my nerves but maybe that's because a part of me misses the quieter GT streams where everyone could talk to each other and the Allies (However, I understand how much better for the Allies a lively chat is).

The residentsleepers during any Sports or Racing game on conference streams (which I feel is pretty much encouraged by some Allies shouting "bathroom break!") is sort of arrogant, imo. Some of the Allies will sometimes say they feel as if they're missing out on certain genres but then refuse to give them the time of day when they're being revealed at conferences.

But as jett said, EZA stream is a godsend compared to most other Twitch chats.

Auctopus

Keep in mind friends....

You never know what someone might have going on IRL that makes them act a certain way in chat

On top of everyone just being a bunch of awkward nerds on Twitch

Not insinuating anything but ya never know, best to tolerate unless they're actually being harmful

- Brian_FETO 2017

- Auctopus 2017

mishakoz

Hey y'all,

Now that the podcast is live for everyone I wanted to make an official post. I'm one of the podcast halftime sponsers and I have been since the beginning, I'm also an ex-GT employee/intern. I'm starting my own channel on YouTube and a patreon to support this little side hobby thing. Going to be focusing on making long-form reviews of games, and I'm starting with Uncharted series.

I hope if you have a chance you'll take a look and see if you like it. Http://www.YouTube.com/mishakoz

Sorry for the plug, it's the only time I will do this.

-mishakoz 2017

Bahorel

Hey y'all,

Now that the podcast is live for everyone I wanted to make an official post. I'm one of the podcast halftime sponsers and I have been since the beginning, I'm also an ex-GT employee/intern. I'm starting my own channel on YouTube and a patreon to support this little side hobby thing. Going to be focusing on making long-form reviews of games, and I'm starting with Uncharted series.

I hope if you have a chance you'll take a look and see if you like it. YouTube.com/mishakoz

Also, there will be another special surprise from me on the Saturday EA stream (I'm not there but something else will be). Thanks!

-mishakoz 2017

Subscribed! Had no idea you used to be at GT!

Mikey Jr.

Hey y'all,

I hope if you have a chance you'll take a look and see if you like it. YouTube.com/mishakoz

Also, there will be another special surprise from me on the Saturday EA stream (I'm not there but something else will be). Thanks!

-mishakoz 2017

Gotta subscribe for Mishakoz. Least you can do!

Joqu

Spamming in general kind of gets on my nerves but maybe that's because a part of me misses the quieter GT streams where everyone could talk to each other and the Allies (However, I understand how much better for the Allies a lively chat is).

The residentsleepers during any Sports or Racing game on conference streams (which I feel is pretty much encouraged by some Allies shouting "bathroom break!") is sort of arrogant, imo. Some of the Allies will sometimes say they feel as if they're missing out on certain genres but then refuse to give them the time of day when they're being revealed at conferences.

But as jett said, EZA stream is a godsend compared to most other Twitch chats.

I've never experienced a GT era stream but I can definitely see that. There's still plenty of opportunity for proper conversations during most solo streams, and I do tend to enjoy those moments the most.

Lots of sleepers during the sports or racing games, yeah. Those aren't my thing either but it bothers me just as much there, though you're right in saying it's somewhat encouraged. I also know there's a person who does it whenever anything Nintendo related gets brought up, I've noticed it's always the same username, which somewhat amuses me considering that's uh, a pretty frequent thing for EZA to do y'know. Still gets on my nerves though. I dunno, it's one of those things I'd only use during a overlong talking segment during a conference, stuff like that.

Ah well, that's just me having way too high expectations for a Twitch chat. I should just be happy it's as good as it is. :p

edit: Oh yeah, I subbed michakoz. You keep up the good work now. <3

Tankard

Hey y'all,

I hope if you have a chance you'll take a look and see if you like it. Http://www.YouTube.com/mishakoz

-mishakoz 2017

Subscribed, watched your Horizon review, enjoyed your work.
Also, least i can do for a fellow Ally that helps EZA so much as you do.

jett

D-Member
When talking about TLOU2 in the podcast I'm surprised nobody mentioned that Joel might very well be dead. :p They all just entertained Huber's idea of a Joel-focused trailer at face value.

Bahorel

When talking about TLOU2 in the podcast I'm surprised nobody mentioned that Joel might very well be dead. :p They all just entertained Huber's idea of a Joel-focused trailer at face value.

Imo I don't think naughty dog will kill Joel off screen between games. I do think we might witness his death sometime though. How old would he be by 2? He's 50 something in the first right?

jett

D-Member
Imo I don't think naughty dog will kill Joel off screen between games. I do think we might witness his death sometime though. How old would he be by 2? He's 50 something in the first right?

I think he's in his late 40's. He'd be in his mid 50's maybe in TLOU2?

Personally the imagery in the teaser was just highly suspect. Joel appearing from a bright light, his entire body shrouded in shadow. The video refused to show his face. He's wearing the same clothes from the first game. I dunno. I'm pretty convinced.

LycanXIII

Well, Joel was in the first trailer, so he'll at least be involved in some form.

abrack08

I think they mentioned it during the E3 trailer hype fest at least

Pernicious Panda

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, maybe Joel gets killed in the first act by retaliating Fireflies. That'd be an obvious way to explain her revenge mission to "find and kill" all of the Fireflies.

Then again, maybe it's a result of Joel telling her the truth?

Edit:

Hmm, I've got it! He tells her the truth while dying in the first act.

CoolOff

Feraligatr

Neo Member
Ah, the Avenged Sevenfold discussion. There's a metal bar in Leeds I go to quite a lot and a guy once came in an Avenged Sevenfold jacket and he was refused service. I thought it was a little harsh, but there it is.

All time favourite band. The Easy Allies only seemed familiar with pre-2010 A7X. The album they put out last October is an absolute masterpiece and so far from what you'd expect them to do.

Maiar_m

Yo I'm not judging EZA chat culture objectively, if people like the endless quotes and stuff all the more power to them. I personally, subjectively, find the environment and memes not to my liking despite some members that are very friendly (Brian_Feto, CandyCoatedThorns and other names I could spell as poorly come to mind) and the attention grabbing tiresome. It did put me off some streams that are great in their own right (Ben's Xenofriends). As it's been said, I don't know the reasons behind how people act. All I meant is that I'm personally not into it and that I would understand the Allies' need to have a more manageable chat if they're looking into engaging them.

ShadyK54

All time favourite band. The Easy Allies only seemed familiar with pre-2010 A7X. The album they put out last October is an absolute masterpiece and so far from what you'd expect them to do.

I should get to listening to that before Wednesday lol. (Seeing Metallica Wednesday & A7X is opening for them)

Hope I make the livestream for the floor impressions/Friend Code after it's all said and done lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom