• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visceir

Been meaning to ask what's the deal with Otoshi_gami but figured someone that dedicated is probably just dealing with a disability.

Finally caught up with Tabletop Escapades, haven't really been liking the direction it has taken since the puffs showed up. Also kinda wish Ben would just give the players a playground to play around with rather than just funneling them in a certain direction where he wants to take the story -- a slightly more hands off approach.

N° 2048

Been meaning to ask what's the deal with Otoshi_gami but figured someone that dedicated is probably just dealing with a disability.

What ?

I know I said I won't be posting here anymore but wow that was such an ignorant post that I had to call you out on it.

Finally caught up with Tabletop Escapades, haven't really been liking the direction it has taken since the puffs showed up. Also kinda wish Ben would just give the players a playground to play around with rather than just funneling them in a certain direction where he wants to take the story -- a slightly more hands off approach.

Dude...

KRaZyAmmo

I'm legit surprised at the hype around EZA with NFS Payback. I mean yes the story and character in the NFS games I could care less about (maybe except the ones in NFSMW 2005), but hopefully the gameplay has meat. (I also hope there's skip scene)

Alucrid

Banned
the new colossus going over their head reminded me of that one other really basic history fact that they completely blew, anyone remember what it was?

jett

D-Member
https://twitter.com/thecalgee/status/873198681180209152/photo/1
DB45eMFXsAA6Gps.jpg

Neat!

ShadyK54

Uh, ok.

Anyways, i figured that the recent "funneling," as you say, that's happening is because of the fact that when they were introduced to a sort of "playground" they ran off with it & got to a point of wackiness beyond return & needed to be reigned so they could get back on track with the story.

I like where this Puff arc has taken us so far. Yogala
getting the crystal taken from him by Necator
was a great moment, IMO.

Edit: if that SMO date is true, then I'm prepared for an intense BotW vs. SMOdyssey EZA GOTY debate.

Tsosie

Uh, ok.

Anyways, i figured that the recent "funneling," as you say, that's happening is because of the fact that when they were introduced to a sort of "playground" they ran off with it & got to a point of wackiness beyond return & needed to be reigned so they could get back on track with the story.

This is my take on it. Calveed was a playground setting, but there is a larger story in play. The biggest issue I see is that we get a single session broken into a month of sessions. Normal D&D sessions run 3-4 hours at a time. So what seems like a month of railroad DMing is really just a normal length session. This kind of stuff becomes less noticeable, and often a strong reprieve from playground, when it happens all in a single session. (Sidebar: I do not want the EZA 1 hour format to change because then it would be too much to consume)

I have finished this week's episode, so I may be late in this, but I CAN NOT WAIT to see Ben take the group through a real dungeon. Hasn't really happened yet. There was a great mini-dungeon on the island but I am waiting to see what Ben can create for a 12 - 16 hour dungeon crawl. I am not sure it will happen, but I hope it does.

Ultimadrago

Hey y'all,

Now that the podcast is live for everyone I wanted to make an official post. I'm one of the podcast halftime sponsers and I have been since the beginning, I'm also an ex-GT employee/intern. I'm starting my own channel on YouTube and a patreon to support this little side hobby thing. Going to be focusing on making long-form reviews of games, and I'm starting with Uncharted series.

I hope if you have a chance you'll take a look and see if you like it. Http://www.YouTube.com/mishakoz

Sorry for the plug, it's the only time I will do this.

-mishakoz 2017

I just saw your plug in the podcast. Good luck on the new endeavor! Thanks for supporting EZA for many of us to enjoy. Unfortunately, I never caught any of your times on stream. However, I did recently watch your Horizon review (since I got it from the current PSN sale). It was rather informative, much appreciated.

Hasney

I was wondering if there will be a EZA E3 thread posted in Gaming side like GiantBomb's E3 thread.

I was leaving it so someone else can have a chance if they wanted so I don't steal all the EZA threads, but I'll start one up if no-one else does in a couple of hours.

Tsosie

So where is EZAgaf going for their daytime E3 coverage?

IGN's list looks full of game demos and light on roundtable discussions.

Gamespot seems to have booked Kinda Funny and Game Attack, both of which would be panels that may include some greasy palms.

And of course the Treehouse is great, but I have not seen their demo schedule yet and I am not interested in 3DS games.

Edit: spelling

Hasney

I'll just be flicking through streams and see what has my interest. Usually start with Treehouse, but they stick with one game so long that I almost consider some of it spoilers, but good to see the opening part of a game being played at least.

Will probably go through IGN, YouTube Gaming and wherever Brand Manager shows up.

Charamiwa

Banned
So where is EZAgaf going for their daytime E3 coverage?

IGN's list looks full of game demos and light on roundtable discussions.

Gamespot seems to have booked Kinda Funny and Game Attack, both of which would be panels that may include some greasy palms.

And of course the Treehouse is great, but I have not seen their demo schedule yet and I am not interested in 3DS games.

Edit: spelling

Mostly the Treehouse stream but I'm sure they'll talk about plenty of things I'm not interested in. In that case, maybe Gamespot for Kinda Funny or the Keighley thing.

I'm going to try and detract from the daytime content. Watch some treehouse and other content here or there. But even though I have the week off from work I found if I spend it all consuming E3 stuff I get horribly worn out by the time EZA streams end. So recharge a bit during the day, consume content at night of the highlights that bubble up

Hasney

I'm going to try and detract from the daytime content. Watch some treehouse and other content here or there. But even though I have the week off from work I found if I spend it all consuming E3 stuff I get horribly worn out by the time EZA streams end. So recharge a bit during the day, consume content at night of the highlights that bubble up

Yeah, with the timezone difference, I'll probably be catching up with EZA in the morning the day after which just takes me up to when the other streams start again, so will be tiring!

demu

Rewatching EZA's reaction to last year's EA press conference right now and, oh boy, the way half of the Allies show their disinterest during Madden is really disrespectful. Huber gets off the table and walks away, Ben immediately takes off his headphones, Ian grabs his laptop, Brad checks his phone and Damiani shows yawning gifs on screen. The phrase "bathroom break" is thrown around a couple of times. Come on guys, if you don't need to take bathroom breaks during 4-hour long streaming sessions, you don't need one in a 60-minute presser.

I get that they're not into it, but the way they display that really bugs me. I hope they'll tone it down a little bit today.

Rewatching EZA's reaction to last year's EA press conference right now and, oh boy, the way half of the Allies show their disinterest during Madden is really disrespectful. Huber gets off the table and walks away, Ben immediately takes off his headphones, Ian grabs his laptop, Brad checks his phone and Damiani shows yawning gifs on screen. The phrase "bathroom break" is thrown around a couple of times. Come on guys, if you don't need to take bathroom breaks during 4-hour long streaming sessions, you don't need one in a 60-minute presser.

I get that they're not into it, but the way they display that really bugs me. I hope they'll tone it down a little bit today.

They should start skipping EAs conference and move to someone else if it's the same boring trite as the last few years.

It's basically a waste of time to watch the conference live since it barely respects the viewer or their time. Maybe Devolvers conference would be a good substitute.

Hasney

They should start skipping EAs conference and move to someone else if it's the same boring trite as the last few years.

It's basically a waste of time to watch the conference live since it barely respects the viewer or their time. Maybe Devolvers conference would be a good substitute.

But what about all those dramatic shots off offices?!

Tsosie

They said they would get to Devolver's presser as soon as they can after Bethesda. It is really Devolver's fault that they set it up to overlap with Bethesda.

DKHF

EA's conferences are so terrible I'll never watch them without the Allies or some other group's commentary/reactions. The only thing remotely interesting to me that they could show this year is Amy Hennig's Star Wars game but knowing EA the most it will get this year is a 30 second trailer accompanied by 4 minutes of shots of people at their computers talking about development since they will focus on Battlefront II this year.

Hasney

I was wondering if there will be a EZA E3 thread posted in Gaming side like GiantBomb's E3 thread.

I was leaving it so someone else can have a chance if they wanted so I don't steal all the EZA threads, but I'll start one up if no-one else does in a couple of hours.

If noone else wants to do the EZA E3 streaming thread, I'll start in 2 hours 15 minutes from this post, so claim it before then :)

Oh yeah! Now that I have an account here, I should post this in the thread. I should even do a more modern version of it, since the mixing isn't quite great and I'm much better at composition now than when I was when I made this. I also couldn't get some of the flourishes right in the melody.

If i remember correctly, he said he was going to be with EZA for all conferences but EA's.
Actually when he rattled off all the ones he'd be at I think Ubisoft is the one he'd miss

Oh yeah! Now that I have an account here, I should post this in the thread. I should even do a more modern version of it, since the mixing isn't quite great and I'm much better at composition now than when I was when I made this. I also couldn't get some of the flourishes right in the melody.
Nice! It sounds like something that should play before each monthly EZA tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom