• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasper

PSX Keynote
12:20pm - 3:20pm on Twitch
Reactions and Analysis

Doesn't seem like there's anything planned for TGA though unfortunately.

While I don't know exactly what's planned for TGA, at least it seems to be included in the betting special:

Kyle Bosman on Patreon said:
I'm here to collect your questions, topics and games for the Love & Respect segment of this week's Easy Allies Podcast! Try not to include too much pre-Game Awards/PSX stuff, since we'll cover that in betting specials/pre-shows.

Hah, I'm sure I'm likely the last one to notice this - but just saw an Allstate commercial during MNF and recognized Amanda (Jones' wife) in it. That's pretty awesome.

QBo25RH.jpg

Y'all got any more of them reviews?

Hasney

Oh sweet at the PSX thing, I thought they were all going.

I'm sure Brandon will be at the keynote live because he was talking about how cool it was to be at something since the very start of it, so I guess it's anyone that isn't going.

Mikey Jr.

Oh sweet at the PSX thing, I thought they were all going.

I'm sure Brandon will be at the keynote live because he was talking about how cool it was to be at something since the very start of it, so I guess it's anyone that isn't going.

He was talking PSX in general, not the conference live.

wiibomb

well I just finished Fiasconauts... I can't believe how much I'm loving each of this pieces, they are like little movies done by improve.

that epilogue Jason put together was fantastic

People are finding out how big a scam these toys to life games are.

I'd say it's not a scam, but the usual thing of companies finding success with something and then doubling down on it to the point where it collapses under its own weight. Activision appears to have done this multiple times now, with Skylanders (allegedly) and with Guitar Hero. How they haven't done it yet to Call of Duty, I don't know.

I'd say it's not a scam, but the usual thing of companies finding success with something and then doubling down on it to the point where it collapses under its own weight. Activision appears to have done this multiple times now, with Skylanders (allegedly) and with Guitar Hero. How they haven't done it yet to Call of Duty, I don't know.

don't forget Tony Hawk

Vinc

I'm heading home in about 2 hours to finally play. If the review is posted before then it'll make for a sweet appetizer.

I watched Kingsglaive while my peasant internet still attempts to download the day one patch for XV....

Honestly, I enjoyed it. I'm glad I didn't go out of my way to catch a theater screening though.

As a movie, it's pretty bad. As a videogame intro cinematic that establishes the world and characters, looks amazing, and has some neat action sequences: it was pretty amazing.

Didn't expect it to approach Pacific Rim territory at times so hey, that was neat. It'd never happen but I'd love to see that team's attempt at a dumb DMC movie. All style, zero substance

J-Skee

I watched Kingsglaive while my peasant internet still attempts to download the day one patch for XV....

Honestly, I enjoyed it. I'm glad I didn't go out of my way to catch a theater screening though.

As a movie, it's pretty bad. As a videogame intro cinematic that establishes the world and characters, looks amazing, and has some neat action sequences: it was pretty amazing.

Didn't expect it to approach Pacific Rim territory at times so hey, that was neat. It'd never happen but I'd love to see that team's attempt at a dumb DMC movie. All style, zero substance

Did it justify buying the Deluxe? I'm considering just renting the movie, but maybe the steelbook looks nice in person.

Did it justify buying the Deluxe? I'm considering just renting the movie, but maybe the steelbook looks nice in person.
I think so? Can't say if I'll ever rewatch it but as a precursor to the game I'm glad I watched it.

I also really like how the steelbook looks. I think I was expecting it to be really shiny and obnoxious but it's flat and subdued, looks like album artwork.

If you aren't feeling the steelbook from pictures then you may just not like it. From as soon as they showed it I was way into it. For what it's worth, the words "Final Fantasy" are actually on the plastic slipcover that goes over it, the steelbook itself is just the artwork.

It's also easier to justify when I have Best Buy GCU and used trade credit on it

Paid a bit more to get a movie and (imo) much nicer artwork/packaging. 20 bucks or whatever seems fair for that

Going to the theater was actually the worst way to experience Kingsglaive. Having seen it twice at home, I think much more highly of it than I did before.

wiibomb

Going to the theater was actually the worst way to experience Kingsglaive. Having seen it twice at home, I think much more highly of it than I did before.

care to elaborate a little more? as a person who didn't even had the option to go to a theater I don't know why that would be worse..

care to elaborate a little more? as a person who didn't even had the option to go to a theater I don't know why that would be worse..
I mean imagine going to a theater and seeing a video game intro cutscene. Months before the game actually comes out

It's a barely self contained story with the real payoffs of the story being held for the game itself

It's a neat thing and what's there is mostly good, but without the game it's kind of worthless

I liked KG okay but I think Square is pretty insane for making it if they want to invite newcomers to XV. Basically the concensus around the net is that you ''need'' to see the movie. Wether that is true or not it's not a good idea to ask new customers to shell additional 10€/$ on top of a 60 you are paying for the game to see the full intro.

It was just a very distracting atmosphere. People were loud. It was hard to focus. There were things I didn't notice during the first viewing.

EDIT: It should be noted that this was at some weird premiere event in LA, so it might have been fine under normal circumstances.

Spent hours downloading XV patch with slow internet

Downloaded and installed

Set aside everything, turn off computer, settle in

Boot up game.....

"Install time remaining: 13 min"

-_-

Downloaded and installed

Boot up game.....

-_-

My patch took 15 minutes to download. My PSN speeds are usually really good but even so, I was pretty impressed. I still took like two hours to start it because I wanted a shower, food and to finish Inside but it was nice to know I could start it up really quickly.

I'm loving it so far. It's going to suck putting it to the side next week when TLG comes out but priorities.

wiibomb

I mean imagine going to a theater and seeing a video game intro cutscene. Months before the game actually comes out

It's a barely self contained story with the real payoffs of the story being held for the game itself

It's a neat thing and what's there is mostly good, but without the game it's kind of worthless

I mean, yes the hype would be unreal, but as for the actual movie I'm not seeing why it should be so different.

It was just a very distracting atmosphere. People were loud. It was hard to focus. There were things I didn't notice during the first viewing.

EDIT: It should be noted that this was at some weird premiere event in LA, so it might have been fine under normal circumstances.

except for this.... which I don't actually think it is strictly worse, yes it is worse to specifically see the movie, but that experience is something I would totally not see as worse

Hasney

Downloaded and installed

Boot up game.....

-_-

Mine did that, was really weird. 13 minutes exactly too and the disc had been in for 2 hours. No idea why.

Mine did that, was really weird. 13 minutes exactly too and the disc had been in for 2 hours. No idea why.
It's the usual weirdness from games that require additional install upon booting up

I don't understand it and it's the worst when you aren't expecting it

That said, early hot takes: Final Fantasy XV is a real cool videogame. I recommend switching to control type B for a more traditional action control scheme (who the fuck chose circle to attack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom