• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

Jones arguing against reporters doing their jobs is some high grade nonsense.

Nah, what Polygon did this week is nonsense.

They jumped on the rumour for clicks. It's possible that more sites know about the rumour but out of respect have refrained from commenting but Polygon clearly saw that rumour and jumped on to "confirm" it.

Kotaku do the same thing and it's annoying. It's not surprising if an outlet comes forward and says "we are in the games industry and we know this thing is happening".

Oh well, no shit? Thanks for ruining the surprise.

N° 2048

Is this Jones reporter thing in the latest podcast? Not a patron (yet! I'll give you money soon eza, I promise) so I have to wait until tomorrow to listen.

Hasney

I put so little stock into Polygon that I don't believe them anymore than the forum rumors, so my surprise won't be changed by them reporting on it.

wiibomb

oh I loved this weeks podcast...

I always like when the team is passionate, you can really feel how Jones figuratively punched Huber with that Hottake™ opinion on Hugh Jackman

Jones arguing against reporters doing their jobs is some high grade nonsense.

I actually agree with Jones on this one. Not everyone is in the right all the time, hell, even EZA has been wrong a whole bunch, but Polygon's article just irked the hell out of me. They have no stakes. It's simple clickbait. Their "sources" could be nonexistant. A big part of me believes that they saw the GAF thread and turned it into an article. Their source is actually GAF, not a person who came to them with information. It's too convenient that as the GAF thread was beginning to blow up, they published an article saying they heard from a "source" that a Marvel 4 reveal was coming during Capcom Cup. That's literally what the thread itself was already saying.

Rockk

For all the dumb jokes that the allies have come up with I think "Will ____ reveal themselves" is probably my favorite.

Will Bosman reveal himself at the Game Awards?

Kasper

For all the dumb jokes that the allies have come up with I think "Will ____ reveal themselves" is probably my favorite.

Will Bosman reveal himself at the Game Awards?

Joke or not, yes, yes he will. He's going to be a big part of the pre-show and will also have something for the show itself.

cm osi

ew.

I really hope in the next few years EZA doesn't become this.

i'd rather not too, but if that means they could get the studio and produce more content (trailers review and all the stuff) i'll accept it. i mean i listen to them while i play videogames so it's not like them doing some ads will waste lots of time for me but i get it will be annoying for the people who listen their content when they're outside

I gotta be honest, if they need to be more like Kinda Funny to get their studio and produce more content I'd rather than stay where they're at. I much prefer this current version of Easy Allies than Corporate EZA.

Then again... I'm such a hardcore fan they could probably do whatever they want and I'll still follow them.

Go to watch the podcast....... and a lovely 503 error greets me. :(

I'm getting 503s while trying to get Patreon to accept my pledge. I haven't had any payment issues before and now suddenly out of nowhere I received a message from Patreon that they couldn't process my pledge. :X

Edit: Finally got Patreon to charge my card...

UrbanRats

Don't mind ads like that at all.
At worst you can skip them, but it's not like they're changing their opinions or being shady about them, it's just parroting a pamphlet, essentially.

Regarding ads, I really like how Giant Bomb does theirs on the podcast. It's closer to Podcast Halftime on the shill scale but they're like dumb mini skits that are pretty hilarious. I have a premium subscription but I still listen to the regular one for the ads

CyReN

Think this is new? Pretty awesome!

42e72f9a307ee6cb674ec37fae2ee983.png

https://twitter.com/metacritic/status/804446726715101184

Nice, is this the effect of the new review pages like Kyle said? Hope this helps with review copies

Indirectly. I was waiting for the reviews page to be complete before contacting Game Rankings and Metacritic. Sent Game Rankings an e-mail, got a reply from Metacritic (they work together), chatted on the phone for a few minutes, and that was that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom