• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

ito007

My first time streaming through youtube... shit is destroying my browser wtf. Twitch never had problems.
I was actually just saying in the game awards thread that this Twitter streaming is great so far. I'm using the Twitter app on Apple TV though so definitely different from browser

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This corporate Kyle is gonna be worth just for the teasing he's gonna get from the other guys hahahaha.

Tankard

Wow, them getting to metacritic now is pretty big.

I think this might be a good step into the "getting the codes earlier" direction, right?

Nothing in this show is topping live Doom music and the Specter of Torment trailer, is it?
Zelda and Specter of Torment are the highlights for me.

Halo Wars got me excited too, hearing more about Atriox, but I think I'm more excited to see the Definitive Edition of HW1 than I am of 2 just for the multiplayer.

Zelda and Specter of Torment are the highlights for me.

Halo Wars got me excited too, hearing more about Atriox, but I think I'm more excited to see the Definitive Edition of HW1 than I am of 2 just for the multiplayer.
Death stranding. I love seeing a game that I have no idea what's going on, but I'm always fascinated by it and want to know more!

Death stranding. I love seeing a game that I have no idea what's going on, but I'm always fascinated by it and want to know more!
Yeah that was cool too. I loved seeing Mads Mikkelsen; he's such a great actor and knows how to play a compelling villain. Guillermo's performance was interesting, I wonder what role he will play.

Burt

Death Stranding looked incredible. Actually working Del Toro in is kind of genius. Loved the Bosman stuff.

Holy shit, though, that main thread for it was an atrocity.

Geoff's speech about Kojima (though it did get a bit too hammy), Death Stranding, the That Dragon, Cancer dev's speech (plus his award win) and Mass Effect were my highlights.

The pre-show Zelda trailer looked cool but the gameplay demo was TERRIBLE, so it had a net negative showing.

Meh to Overwatch winning GOTY, I was rooting for Uncharted 4 but I would've been happy with Doom, Inside or Titanfall 2 too.

Honestly, I felt that show really dragged on for way too long and had an embarrassing lack of emphasis on the awards. They were just sandwiched in between Bosman selling his soul to his corporate overlords and WORLD PREMIERS. They could do with less musical performances too.

Hopefully PSX is better.

ito007

I really wanted there to be a bigger emphasis on awards so it was disappointing on that front. The That Dragon, Cancer moment easily made the show worth it in the end though. Very moving. Also I thought CHVRCHES was a better musical performance.

Bosman bits were just mind bending. Especially when he conversed with the razor

WarRock

So was the show.
Savage.

Honestly I just stayed up for the Run the Jewels/Mick Gordon performances, I heavily dislike this whole thing. Getting a new mindfuck teaser from Kojima and that kickass Shovel Knight teaser was just icing on the cake.

I know people throw "embarrassing" around at every part of TGA, but to me the only thing that's iffy are all the ads they have to run. And I understand that you gotta pay the bills, but it's pretty rough.

The rest is a lot of self-aggrandizement, but that's not any different from any awards show, and you don't see a big push to cancel, say, the Oscars. Sometimes it's ok to pretend that <industry here> is the most important thing in the world, if only for an hour.

Karu

Game Awards were fine. Had to tune out during Keigjleys Kojima speech though. Dude's not a war hero, geez.

Pokemon episode 2 was awesome. Glad Brandon didnt rush. Was afraid we come to the third episode and he would be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom