• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanRats

Game Awards were fine. Had to tune out during Keigjleys Kojima speech though. Dude's not a war hero, geez.

I was laughing so hard there.
"Blood on his hands", lmao.
The ego of that man must be through the stratosphere by now.

Death Stranding trailer was the best thing of the show though, i should've tuned out after that.
Thing was waaay too long, and please stop putting techno beat after someone told the story about his child dying of cancer.
They did the same last year with Iwata.

jett

D-Member
FXcVImf.gif

Sophie is in Zelda!

Mista Koo

Brandon needs to learn more about Pokemon types. Although as far as fights go, that's how all my multiplayer Pokemon games went (except my Pokemon were fully evolved, and I was more confident lol).
While I'm disappointed that no one picked Rowlet (I had a fan art idea), I think Popplio evolutions are perfect for a Sophie inspired Pokemon.
I don't necessarily like the B-roll and the restrictions it's putting on Jones, but not everyone has played the game and mostly listens to the show instead of watching it :p

That Kyle TGA's thing was bad, just like the whole thing.

N° 2048

I can't tell if this sellout boss man thing is funny or just plain stupid.

That was so bad..all his segments were bad.

I hope Bosman feels waves of guilt for his sins every time he uses his PSVR or PS4 Pro if he had to stoop that low to be able to earn the money to pay for them.

Also, no one wins the Guardians if the Galaxy bet? No character were shown, old or new. Jones and Kyle both have to draw a page?

Maiar_m

I can't tell if this sellout boss man thing is funny or just plain stupid.

That was so bad..all his segments were bad.

I couldn't watch either. I think seeing him with EZA and Dear Bosman / Bosman at Home made me better understand what I like in what Kyle does, and seeing him do something else just underlined that even more. I hope he had fun anyways.

Kneefoil

I wanna see if the segments were really that bad, or if y'all are just exaggerating, but The Game Awards recording on YouTube has been muted due to a copyright violation.

I wanna see if the segments were really that bad, or if y'all are just exaggerating, but The Game Awards recording on YouTube has been muted due to a copyright violation.

Are you checking out the game awards' own youtube page? Because they have most of the segments uploaded individually.

Kasper

Watching the show on Twitch at the moment and so far about an hour in it's just your typical awards show blandness. I don't personally get why people are so upset about the show or Kyle's segments, it's all just sort of "eh".

Servbot24

Banned
Really disappointed in Kyle, those ads were gross and everything he stands/shouts against.

That's why they were hilarious, you can just see him dying inside :p

I hope Bosman feels waves of guilt for his sins every time he uses his PSVR or PS4 Pro if he had to stoop that low to be able to earn the money to pay for them.

Ok, screw you dude. I get poking fun at him but you're just being nasty. The man deserves to have a career if he wants to. Or should everyone who makes a reasonable salary (which we don't even know if Bosman does, nor should we, none of our business), quit their job and play video games on Twitch all day in order to be "true gamers", or whatever it is you're looking for?

Whining about someone "selling out" and even telling them to feel guilty about it is so juvenile and vindictive. Ugh.

Servbot24

Banned
At least the people in the awards show seemed to understand why a man might cry when thinking about his son that died of cancer. GAF, apparently, had some trouble with that.

Maybe they were just trying to distract attention from the pertinent and not-so-subtle-racism in that thread.

UrbanRats

They are just regular advertisement.
People in here acting like working a job is somehow beneath them or something.

Do y'all go to toilet cleaners telling them how gross their job is?

N° 2048

They are just regular advertisement.
People in here acting like working a job is somehow beneath them or something.

Do y'all go to toilet cleaners telling them how gross their job is?

I don't know of any toilet cleaners that are part of a group that makes $37,000 a month.

This is creating this weird dissonance for me. I expected him to be more self-aware but just came across as shill/cringe and plain weird.

Mista Koo

IGN has a version of it on YouTube.

Ok, screw you dude. I get poking fun at him but you're just being nasty. The man deserves to have a career if he wants to. Or should everyone who makes a reasonable salary (which we don't even know if Bosman does, nor should we, none of our business), quit their job and play video games on Twitch all day in order to be "true gamers", or whatever it is you're looking for?

Whining about someone "selling out" and even telling them to feel guilty about it is so juvenile and vindictive. Ugh.
Look I love Bosman, but let's just call these things what they are. I mean his boss is primarily known nowadays for these kinds of thing. And I don't think our disappointment affects their careers.
Also this is a guy who calls out other people for doing their jobs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Naythan

I don't know of any toilet cleaners that are part of a group that makes $37,000 a month.

This is creating this weird dissonance for me. I expected him to be more self-aware but just came across as shill/cringe and plain weird.

$37,000 a month split across 9 people is not a lot of money. Doing a few silly ads during an award show isn't exactly some big moral dilemma, certainly not one that anyone trying to break into the entertainment industry should struggle with at least. Your comment is so condescending.

Maiar_m

I think it's fine to criticize Kyle segments without it being a de facto disapproval of him getting paid for a large(er) entertainment job? I don't think he should feel bad, it's more like what made Bosman great was poorly utilized in that context. It'll still be exciting to have more Kyle Bosman in our video-game related shows, but they can do better with him and he's certainly done better himself.

To re use the toilet-cleaner analogy (that's pretty borderline as it is), wouldn't it be ok to say "dude, you're wasted here, I hope you do better soon" if that person was I don't know, a Neil Gaiman or Elon Musk? And yes, I'm just writing that so you can see Elon Musk cleaning toilets, in your mind.

N° 2048

$37,000 a month split across 9 people is not a lot of money. Doing a few silly ads during an award show isn't exactly some big moral dilemma, certainly not one that anyone trying to break into the entertainment industry should struggle with at least. Your comment is so condescending.

Hey, I love these guys...a lot but it was just weird for me.. I didn't mean to sound condescending, I'm sorry.

That's why they were hilarious, you can just see him dying inside :p

You need to get a grip on reality if you think I'm serious about him feeling fucking guilty about doing his job or saying he's sinned.
Some of you kids are wound up way too tight and are literally looking for fights.

Naythan

Hey, I love these guys...a lot but it was just weird for me.. I didn't mean to sound condescending, I'm sorry.

I'm just saying, being critical is fine but implying that he should turn this kind of stuff down because he makes enough on Patreon is off base.

N° 2048

I'm just saying, being critical is fine but implying that he should turn this kind of stuff down because he makes enough on Patreon is off base.

You're right. In hindsight it was a pretty dumb thing to say. I think these meds have me too emotional...

Especially as someone who is currently struggling with money myself...I should understand.

Gurrry

Really disappointed in Kyle, those ads were gross and everything he stands/shouts against.

Really? The dude works his ass off and he was awarded a huge opportunity on a big stage. Who cares if he had to shill for the VGA machine for a bit. It was awesome to see him get that spotlight.

UrbanRats

Shill is someone pretending to be genuine when they're not, selling a product.
An actor working in advertisement is a normal person that has a job because people need money to live.

N° 2048

Shill is someone pretending to be genuine when they're not, selling a product.
An actor working in advertisement is a normal person that has a job because people need money to live.

Yes, I already posted that it was a stupid thing to say.

I've not edited it because I don't hide my mistakes.

Ultimadrago

Really? The dude works his ass off and he was awarded a huge opportunity on a big stage. Who cares if he had to shill for the VGA machine for a bit. It was awesome to see him get that spotlight.

Pretty much this. I got quite the kick out of it, actually.

Tankard

So it is awesome and "fun" to say a bunch of things he heavily criticized on his on show for years?

I guess we will absolutely agree to disagree on that one.

wiibomb

So it is awesome and "fun" to say a bunch of things he heavily criticized on his on show for years?

I guess we will absolutely agree to disagree on that one.

what exactly he criticized? I don't remember him criticizing the ads, just the way they are done or the way a show is done.

Hasney

what exactly he criticized? I don't remember him criticizing the ads, just the way they are done or the way a show is done.

Yeah, I mean at one point, he on a show assigning scores to advertising. One that is actually a goal on the EZA Patreon.

wiibomb

Yeah, I mean at one point, he on a show assigning scores to advertising. One that is actually a goal on the EZA Patreon.

let's not forget he is also advertising on his own shows, EZAs own shows, because Patron is also advertising.

let's not forget people that people need to eat, broadcasting a show just doesn't throw money out of their cameras, they need these advertisers, don't whine so much about a trivial thing

Tankard

Did you miss the part he advertised discounts on Playstation store on a show? Isn't this the kind of thing he always said was a no no to do?

Wasn't he the person who yesterday announced multiplayer trial for Titanfall 2?

To me, this is all the type of stuff he would talk on a Final Bosman and criticize/make fun of.

I'm not witch hunting the Bosguy, i just said i'm disappointed by him accepting doing that, something he was clearly not ok to do judging by his laughs at the end of his ads.

I actually enjoyed most of Bosmans appearances, was happy to see more EZA exposure, and expected the corporate aspect of the night since this is the real world...

Some of you seem really, REALLY out of touch with reality. How much do you think that show costs to put on? And if you don't like the way Kyle earns money outside of Easy Allies, then don't fucking watch. You get some content from him for your money, that's it. You get NO say in what else he does.

Plus I got to hear the line "As long as Brandon Jones doesn't win I'm happy" which was a huge highlight for me

Maligna

Banned
I hope Kyle knows Jones well enough to know whether or not that joke at his expense would go over well with him. If I did that to my friend I'd be shitting myself worried that they are pisseed at me. Haha.

wiibomb

Did you miss the part he advertised discounts on Playstation store on a show? Isn't this the kind of thing he always said was a no no to do?

where? I still don't get what you are not okay with...

PS store discounts are always good, we here in gaf even make nice thread about them, I could even argue that those advertisements are beneficial for us while the ones from that razor company are weird.

Servbot24

Banned
Look I love Bosman, but let's just call these things what they are. I mean his boss is primarily known nowadays for these kinds of thing. And I don't think our disappointment affects their careers.
Also this is a guy who calls out other people for doing their jobs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah it is what it is, and there's nothing wrong about it. I'm sure Kyle is completely self aware about it.

You need to get a grip on reality if you think I'm serious about him feeling fucking guilty about doing his job or saying he's sinned.
Some of you kids are wound up way too tight and are literally looking for fights.

My bad for thinking you were serious, it's hard to tell sometimes. I'm not looking for a fight, but I do think it's absurd when people are ridiculed for wanting to have a decent life.

Tankard

where? I still don't get what you are not okay with...

PS store discounts are always good, we here in gaf even make nice thread about them, I could even argue that those advertisements are beneficial for us while the ones from that razor company are weird.

Me point was already pretty clear, you just don't accept it as much as i don't agree with yours, for me this is about what i personally view all these years on his messaging on his on show and what happened yesterday.

You think i'm exaggerating, i think some of you are seeing this with rose tinted glasses.

Better step out of this conversation before it looks like my opinion is a witch hunt, someone already even mentioned the word "ridiculed".

Maligna

Banned
Brandon really needs to learn the type advantages/disadvantages in order to beat Kyle. He also needs to learn about which moves will be good for his pokemon to have (considering their atk/spc atk stats etc.) Don't think he realizes that some moves are physical, some are special and you can tell the difference via the orange or blue graphic in the summary.

Having unevolved forms vs Kyle's evolved ones, and using beginner moves like Ember he was always going to lose. But in the future, extra knowledge will benefit him greatly.

Great episode, either way! Loved it.

I actually enjoyed most of Bosmans appearances, was happy to see more EZA exposure, and expected the corporate aspect of the night since this is the real world...

Some of you seem really, REALLY out of touch with reality. How much do you think that show costs to put on? And if you don't like the way Kyle earns money outside of Easy Allies, then don't fucking watch. You get some content from him for your money, that's it. You get NO say in what else he does.

Plus I got to hear the line "As long as Brandon Jones doesn't win I'm happy" which was a huge highlight for me
I'm really confused as to why ppl are bothered by this. Hell the man couldn't even keep a straight face when doing it. Gotta pay the bills to be able to do the stuff you guys enjoy

Kasper

I'm really confused as to why ppl are bothered by this. Hell the man couldn't even keep a straight face when doing it. Gotta pay the bills to be able to do the stuff you guys enjoy

The "THE PLAYSTATION STORE! You won't believe...... (snarky Kyle voice) what's in store" part was pretty funny.

Funny that Kyle was pretending not to know about a certain Alola version and then he has it in his party XD

Can I watch Brandon Sun Kyle Moon without having things spoiled?

I've only just started Sun...

Brandon is still on Island One

Kyle is past, but doesn't spoil anything except the Pokémon in his party (The final evolution of Pikipek
I dismissed Pikipek as a lame pidgey-clone, but now I have to catchone
, the fire starter, the Alola version of
Raichu
, and some cool other ones
Dat Normal/Psychic Ape!

So besides spoiling evolutions of a few Pokémon, you should be good if you've finished the first island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom