• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

The game openly acknowledges the shortcomings of its predecessor (one character says to Knack, “it’s hard to believe you saved the world. All you know are three punches and a kick”) and has actually added a pretty robust moveset for combat and platforming.

it could actually be a lot of fun

That Bloodborne board game seems like a lot of hard work. Certainly not the sort of game to play with the family at Christmas. Very little fun to be had.

Ian has the coolest friends.

He just said he's tired of all this negativity in gaming, and that Kyle probably never even picked up a controller to try his game.

I really don't get Jaffe.

Kyle (while still on GT) criticized the game because it was ugly, he never really criticize the gameplay (he went really easy on that, tbh). No one needs to pick a controller to see that a game is ugly.

And the Dear Bosman segment was about how easy it's to make fun about "stupid games" and Bosman being sorry for doing what was easy. It was a commentary on the games media.

That was all that Kyle did and for some reason Jaffe choose him as the face of "media". Uhhhh.

Jaffe's calling out just felt petty, if he watched anything form kyle he should know that Dear Bosman is mostly a comedy bit not a serious critique of the game(which is not even out yet).

Jaffe going off on Kyle for a 20 second joke is just sad even when he already bitched about it plenty on twitter bringing it to a panel is just extremely childish.

wapplew

I can understand where Jaffe coming from, the pressure and negativity on his unborn game must be crazy, Kyle just happen to be an out for him.
Shu is awesome for standing for up for Kyle, the power of Aerosmith.

Naythan

I'll say it again: David Jaffe ragging on someone for being overly negative (which Kyle isn't, anyone who really watches his stuff knows that) is hilarious. Jaffe is notoriously ornary/negative and him holding this grudge just makes him seem out of touch and supremely unaware of himself.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
You know what's the best thing about Jaffe's display of immaturity? How Kyle has ignored him completely.

To me the best thing is the weird Jaffe and Kratos dynamic that's going on in this situation. :-x
I'm sorry.

In all seriousness dude is probably just endlessly stressed given the public perception of the game and all. Not to excuse him or anything but let's be love and respect Jaffe.

Hasney

I'm actually looking forward to Knack 2. The first one was alright and if the game is openly mocking the originals flaws in game, then I'm down for that.

Auctopus

Have people here not followed gaming media for very long? This has been Jaffe's way for years, it's just he's now aimed at Kyle. He whines SO MUCH about a variety of things, all the time.

It's so hypocritical as well as dubbing Kyle "negativity in gaming" couldn't be further from the truth and shows how little he knows about the people he attacks.

"Calling it 'part 2' is classy!"

My eyes can't roll any harder than they currently are

There is nothing classy about a sequel to TLOU but "Part 2" is the nearest it's gonna get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom