• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deimo5

I'm kind of making a "things to do in 2017" list and one of those items is "Hey. Guilty Gear is really, really good. Learn to play it so you can show why."

I was wondering if a Bosman Vs. Wozniak type deal might be applicable to Revelator's combo or mission mode.
It felt like there might be a similar vibe of working towards a goal while being able to include a good deal of audience interaction.
It's just that there is a certain level you have to reach before you can put up a real fight consistently online and going through those dojo modes could help (although the real best info will be on discords/twitter/youtube and stuff).

Say lets focus on completing Faust's basic combo section for more practical use, then trying some advanced ones to work on your execution and get the hype feeling when you finally pass one that was really tough.
The thing is mainly to give you some direction instead of trying to figure out things by yourself which is difficult when you are inexperienced.
That leads to the end goal of putting things to the test online instead of jumping in right away and getting shredded by Zato in the corner all day (disclaimer: that may still happen but at least you learned something and felt yourself improving beforehand).

Just my take, I would watch anything gg-eza related regardless.

arkon

Another +1 to that road to EVO idea. I think that would be fun to follow along particularly if it culminates in Ben actively participating in EVO 2017. IIRC anyone can sign up to take part in the matches.

I can see the hype video for his tournament debut now complete with training montage and highlights from the weekly streams to that point. Just imagine the hype levels if he made it to a match on stream...

Mista Koo

I'm kind of making a "things to do in 2017" list and one of those items is "Hey. Guilty Gear is really, really good. Learn to play it so you can show why."
I've been wanting an Xrd group stream for a long time, the reactions to BlazBlue confirms that the allies would love GG. Just played Revelator for the first time last night and that tilt at the start is just perfection!

HDUr5Oz.gif

Ultimadrago

Man, Kyle dropped the bomb on me with short Psychonauts: Rhombus of Ruin impressions from PSX. I'm really looking forward to how that'll turn out.

J-Skee

I've been wanting an Xrd group stream for a long time, the reactions to BlazBlue confirms that the allies would love GG. Just played Revelator for the first time last night and that tilt at the start is just perfection!

HDUr5Oz.gif

And now I regret not picking it up for $18 during the Flash Sale. Seems like an EZA Guilty Gear group could be on the horizon.

EDIT: Also, we HAVE to do MVC: Infinite nights or something. And Tekken 7 is coming sooner than later.

Karu

This Final Bosman episode about Hideo Kojima and the important role of the director was shared in another thread about how you should consider the entire team instead of a single person and man... what a show that was. I think we can never have to much Final Bosman-nostalgia, so excuse me... :-(

I bet David Jaffe, creator of God of War, would appreciate this. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3J721DlKao&t=3m35s

That last bit with Kyle-Myiamoto telling Elise to move the stones, pure gold.

J-Skee

This Final Bosman episode about Hideo Kojima and the important role of the director was shared in another thread about how you should consider the entire team instead of a single person and man... what a show that was. I think we can never have to much Final Bosman-nostalgia, so excuse me... :-(

It just hit me.... Kyle has been doing the Jim Sterling's opinion videos before Jim Sterling did opinion videos. And now Colin Moriarty will do the same thing.

Kyle Bosman. Trendsetter.

EDIT: OMG, this video just reminded me that Metal Gear Survive is a thing. Konami, not like this.

wiibomb

perfect use of the gif, perfect
It just hit me.... Kyle has been doing the Jim Sterling's opinion videos before Jim Sterling did opinion videos. And now Colin Moriarty will do the same thing.

EDIT: OMG, this video just reminded me that Metal Gear Survive is a thing. Konami, not like this.

I desperately need Bosman to do something like TFB, I miss it so much... so much

wait... Colin will do a show now?

I like the idea, I hate totally the name, very arrogant, even if he says it is just a joke...

I'll check it, I hope it isn't as negative as he usually is

You'll invariably find some videos enjoyable, and others not. Which is fine, I guess.

Anyway, I wish they could hit their $50,000 goal so they can get a studio! Is there no alternative way of doing so, for them? Other than on Patreon...

Also, does anyone know what Brad, and Michael are doing, other than working on Easy Allies? Considering, Bloodworth, Brandon and Damiani are the ones full-time...(in practise, not in theory).

wiibomb

You'll invariably find some videos enjoyable, and others not. Which is fine, I guess.

Anyway, I wish they could hit their $50,000 goal so they can get a studio! Is there no alternative way of doing so, for them? Other than on Patreon...

Also, does anyone know what Brad, and Michael are doing, other than working on Easy Allies? Considering, Bloodworth, Brandon and Damiani are the ones full-time...(in practise, not in theory).

of course, I think I'll watch it to see how much I like it to continue seeing it.

I think, for the studio, they need more sponsorship, I know it can be bothersome for the allies and ourselves, but the brand will need to grow a lot more through sponsors to get somewhere, patreon can only do so much and it is limited, same as Twitch.

I don't remember exactly which allies are full time on EZA, but I think they were Brandon, Ben and Bloodworth. Kyle is working on Live with YouTube Gaming with Geoff Keighly, as for the others, I have no idea

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
of course, I think I'll watch it to see how much I like it to continue seeing it.

I think, for the studio, they need more sponsorship, I know it can be bothersome for the allies and ourselves, but the brand will need to grow a lot more through sponsors to get somewhere, patreon can only do so much and it is limited, same as Twitch.

I don't remember exactly which allies are full time on EZA, but I think they were Brandon, Ben and Bloodworth. Kyle is working on Live with YouTube Gaming with Geoff Keighly, as for the others, I have no idea

Nope Brandon, Ben and Damiani

Hasney

To be fair to Jim (and I don't watch his stuff these days), he was doing 'That Videogame Show Wot I Done' before Final Bosman.

jett

D-Member
What's up with the image quality on the podcast? Out of curiosity. The image is clearer on the left side of the image, but it gets progressively blurrier as you go to the right. Or am I seeing things?

Maligna

Banned
Holy crap I NEED Bosman to do a Werewolves Within stream. With his improv and role playing chops it would be monumentally hilarious.

Uh, even if you ignore The Videogame Show Wot I've Done, the Jimquisition still pre-dates Final Bosman by like two years.

Colin Moriarty having a separate show is just... I can't stand him. He's so insanely arrogant and close minded.

Nope Brandon, Ben and Damiani

Yeah, though Brandon did say Blood and Huber do so much they''re basically working full time too.

omg I love it... but all the players need a headset, right?

Yes, but as it's a Ubisoft game, you can have any of the three major headsets. All Ubisoft VR games are cross-play between PSVR/Rift/Vive. That includes Werewolves Within, Eagle Flight, and the upcoming Star Trek Bridge Crew. Eve Valkyrie (not a Ubisoft game) is also cross-play.

jett

D-Member

Bosman forcefully touching an LCD screen at the end.

This is criminal.

WarRock

I'm still pissed that robot demo never became the basis for a full fledged game. It's not like we are drowning in giant robot games Nintendo.

I have a thirst, and the only thing to quench it is some Bosman v Wozniak. Get hype friends. Earlier start tonight according to the website

Deimo5

Finally caught up with TTE, was like 5 episodes behind and decided to binge them.

Eldritch Blast!

I'm behind now too, it's hard to keep up sometimes. I think there is over 14-15 hours worth of video just on the main EZA channel in the past week if you go from podcast to podcast.
That's not a complaint to be clear ha.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Kyle can enter super tetris sayan on command now.
Now the road to super tetris sayan 2 breaking 450k power score consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom