• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

What's up with Kojima? Was he walking with bodyguards? He had a pretty decent entourage too.

Ego maybe? :D. Especially silly when there are a bunch of high up people working in the industry just wandering around the premise without anything near that level of personal space needed. I'm pretty sure even Andrew House was casually strolling around and spotted while people were in line for the stage event and he is on a totally different level when it comes to actually being a big cheese.

I mean, I really doubt people would want to risk a ban from these types of events by harrassing Kojima if he and his group clearly don't want to be disturbed. And even if you were paranoid about this stuff you'd think one gorilla would be enough to stop some superfan. But who knows, maybe he has had a really bad experience before at some event?

Actually now that I think about it maybe he's afraid that Geoff finds him?

Ego maybe? :D. Especially silly when there are a bunch of high up people working in the industry just wandering around the premise without anything near that level of personal space needed. I'm pretty sure even Andrew House was casually strolling around and spotted while people were in line for the stage event and he is on a totally different level when it comes to actually being a big cheese.

I mean, I really doubt people would want to risk a ban from these types of events by harrassing Kojima if he and his group clearly don't want to be disturbed. And even if you were paranoid about this stuff you'd think one gorilla would be enough to stop some superfan. But who knows, maybe he has had a really bad experience before at some event?

You say that and it all makes sense in my head. Perfect sense.

And then there is Michael P. Huber and suddenly, I understand Kojima as well.

Warren Spector will never be the same man again.

lol

What's up with Kojima? Was he walking with bodyguards? He had a pretty decent entourage too.
That's funny because years ago (maybe 10 at this point) at comic con I was at the show room floor looking at metal gear figures when I looked up and saw Kojima there with only one handler also looking at them! No one else seemed to notice who he was but I didn't want to bug him. The handler noticed me and came over and asked if I wanted a photo with him and I did! Really awesome

WarRock

Nobody noticed Huber when Kojima video bombed Easy Update? Actually, does Huber ever get tired? Dude was full of energy while everyone else was dying during the meet up segment hahaha.

Also, Bosman brief update may be the only videogame related video at the end of the year that mentions The Witness.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Just checked some videos and I'm very positively surprised about the disclaimers that are put in the videos now.

It's Sony mandated, so expect it going forward.

I assume Sony's doing this to avoid all the trouble that EA, WB Games, etc. have gotten in to in the past due to coverage of things by smaller websites/YouTubers that were provided to them for free, which wasn't made clear to viewers. I think we'll be seeing more of this going forward from many companies.

Broke down and signed up for Twitch Prime, the allure of no stupid ads before streams is all too convenient (on top of being able to support EZA and get normal Prime benefits)

Finished The Last Guardian. Move over Doom, I have a new GOTY! What an incredible and beautiful game. I couldn't think of a better end product years ago when they showed the first trailer.

Now I can watch Blood's review!

BBboy20

Kojima was only accompanied by his interrupter and Yoji Shinkawa when I met him at San Diego Comic Con this year. He was concerned if I was having a heart attack when I was speaking to him.

The handler noticed me and came over and asked if I wanted a photo with him and I did! Really awesome
Was it this dude?
FI9T67BY.jpg

Also: all I did was shake Kojima and Yoji's hands. I now regret not shaking the interrupter's hand for being part of nuKojima's Productions. But yeah: same scenario of him checking figurines out!

It's quite good, just not fond of Dirk performance.

I think it's quite amazing but maybe I'm biased because he seems to act exactly like a friend of mine.
EDIT: Also, regarding cutting out individual reactions - I didn't think any were so big that they worth tossing up individually and I was keen on getting Last Guardian done on time. I'd feel weird going in and doing clip outs even a couple days later. Just feels like recycling old news. We're not that desperate for view counts, and the PSX reactions are doing quite well on their own.

I think it's quite amazing but maybe I'm biased because he seems to act exactly like a friend of mine.
EDIT: Also, regarding cutting out individual reactions - I didn't think any were so big that they worth tossing up individually and I was keen on getting Last Guardian done on time. I'd feel weird going in and doing clip outs even a couple days later. Just feels like recycling old news. We're not that desperate for view counts, and the PSX reactions are doing quite well on their own.

I think Dirk Gently is the only thing Max Landis has worked on that I actually enjoy. I think my love of Douglas Adams outweighs my dislike of Max Landis.

This Dirk Gently talk. Has there been an American show made of the series? Or are you talking about the Stephen Mangan BBC Four episodes?

It's new on BBC America over the past few months. (Not sure what distribution for this series is like outside of the US.) I haven't read the original, but seems to do a pretty good job at capturing Adams' writing style.

Hasney

Group stream this week is discussing GOTY categories... Although the overall has been decided and there's a video already for it debuting during the stream, which is a bit of a bummer.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Hope Ian fought the good fight for the Witness :-x
Otherwise the Witness was robbed!

Jokes aside, super curious how EZA doing their GOTYs gotta say I think I've been agreeing with Giantbomb on Gotys the most, which is that the discussion is way more fun then the list itself, especially when people play it up a bit and things get amicably heated.

Oh Ben is streaming on Wednesday Cold Steel O_O. Better repair my awful sleep schedule until then, no chance shall be missed to shill.... I mean pitch :-x trails in EZA twitch chat.

Group stream this week is discussing GOTY categories... Although the overall has been decided and there's a video already for it debuting during the stream, which is a bit of a bummer.

heh, I just responded to some on Patreon with the complete opposite take. Can't please everybody (anybody?)

Streaming deliberations live would really take away the anticipation from watching the GOTY video. We thought about pre-recording deliberations, but there was just no way to schedule it. So we've been handling most of it over slack.

Hopefully doing the smaller categories live and debuting the produced GOTY will be as much of both worlds as we can do this year.

Hasney

heh, I just responded to some on Patreon with the complete opposite take. Can't please everybody (anybody?)

Streaming deliberations live would really take away the anticipation from watching the GOTY video. We thought about pre-recording deliberations, but there was just no way to schedule it. So we've been handling most of it over slack.

Hopefully doing the smaller categories live and debuting the produced GOTY will be as much of both worlds as we can do this year.

And a video of a Slack chat just wouldn't be the same.

Fair enough, I've probably got around 16 hours of GOTY podcasts to listen to already from other places, so I'd probably just be greedy anyway. At least we get something that is likely to be fun this year!

Hasney

Oh yeah, Blood, was there a cut off date for the games for the overall GOTY? I'm guessing that with the timing, not everyone that wanted to will have gotten through FFXV or TLG yet

Oh yeah, Blood, was there a cut off date for the games for the overall GOTY? I'm guessing that with the timing, not everyone that wanted to will have gotten through FFXV or TLG yet

There will always be some of us who don't get to play everything we want, but I don't think there are any contenders that are getting left out.

El-Suave

The way EZA is doing its GOTY is really smart, that's a good compromise which should satisfy most people. I probably would have done it in the first week of 2017 though, that way more Allies could have played the important games for the discussion.
Did GT have a cut off date back in the day? So many big and important games coming out so late is unusual and sometimes it's hard for a game to get a fair shot at awards if it's out so late.

The way EZA is doing its GOTY is really smart, that's a good compromise which should satisfy most people. I probably would have done it in the first week of 2017 though, that way more Allies could have played the important games for the discussion.
Did GT have a cut off date back in the day? So many big and important games coming out so late is unusual and sometimes it's hard for a game to get a fair shot at awards if it's out so late.

It's a fair point to consider for next year. At GT our awards always served to fill in the dead weeks when everyone was out for the holidays. If we continue to do a smaller spread of awards though, it might make more sense to shift that back to the first of the year.

Szeth

Yeah, disappointed we don't get to see the debate for the main award... Hopefully if next year goes well they can pre record and release all the discussions

sora87

Yeah, disappointed we don't get to see the debate for the main award... Hopefully if next year goes well they can pre record and release all the discussions

I hope they at least have a conversation about GOTY and about the thought process behind the picks before unveiling the video.

Mikey Jr.

Can I be honest?

I'd much rather be "spoiled" on the goty if that means I can watch the live deliberations.

If someone doesn't want to be spoiled, don't watch the live stream. And don't put it on YouTube till after the awards are announced. If someone wants to actively seek it in the twitch archive, that's their prerogative.

Dunno, that's just me. I've never seen gt goty deliberations, so it'd be nice to see it this time. But you guys do what's best.

Well I put in my patreon vote for GOTY. I won't win but goooo The Last Guardian.

I do recommend next year have the GOTY done in January. Use the break to allow everyone time to play all the big nominees.

I'm thinking their GOTY is either Uncharted 4 or Overwatch. Mainly because most enjoy them and most of the crew has played them. My money is on U4

wiibomb

Well I put in my patreon vote for GOTY. I won't win but goooo The Last Guardian.

I do recommend next year have the GOTY done in January. Use the break to allow everyone time to play all the big nominees.

I'm thinking their GOTY is either Uncharted 4 or Overwatch. Mainly because most enjoy them and most of the crew has played them. My money is on U4

I was going to vote for FFXV... but I haven't finished it, despite ebing more than 10 hours in an only in chapter 3, and TLG won't come to me until a couple of weeks so my game was Dark Souls 3, I still love that game. Overwatch was good, but I till think it needed much more content, gameplay alone with a few modes won't cut it.

also, I'm not really getting tomorrow's stream, they will discuss GOTY, but will they put a video later or produce more from GOTY awards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom