• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
I can't help but feel a huge sense of disappointment for Brandon Sun Kyle Moon. Coming off the weekly series of Brandon discovering a storied game series for the first time, expectations were obviously high. Now it looks like they're going to do two episodes, poorly structured, weeks apart, and no excitement like it had before.

I thought that the idea to wait for Sun and Moon would be crazy and exciting, but the attempt at an interesting follow up was a failure. I guess people were right, they should have done Gold and Silver. :/

Hasney

I can't help but feel a huge sense of disappointment for Brandon Sun Kyle Moon. Coming off the weekly series of Brandon discovering a storied game series for the first time, expectations were obviously high. Now it looks like they're going to do two episodes, poorly structured, weeks apart, and no excitement like it had before.

I thought that the idea to wait for Sun and Moon would be crazy and exciting, but the attempt at an interesting follow up was a failure. I guess people were right, they should have done Gold and Silver. :/

What would have changed with gold and silver? It was coming up to crunch time as it is, timing wise if would have been similar.

Chuck

Still without luck
What would have changed with gold and silver? It was coming up to crunch time as it is, timing wise if would have been similar.

Well if it would have directly followed, you would have had the continuation while maintaining the weekly format. BPP ended in July, so they would have had a while to play Gold and Silver before Sun and Moon.

Well if it would have directly followed, you would have had the continuation while maintaining the weekly format. BPP ended in July, so they would have had a while to play Gold and Silver before Sun and Moon.

You think Brandon was sitting around doing nothing after Brandon Plays Pokemon finished? Come on, he's the main EZA video editor and is super busy, especially at this time of the year. Back when Brandon Plays Pokemon was going on, he mentioned a couple of times how he barely got any sleep because he had so much work to do.

Brandon Sun Kyle Moon, despite the weird name, is fine. Calling it a failure is a ridiculous over-reaction.

And besides, even if Brandon had played Gold/Silver (though they aren't even available on modern systems), it would've been a lame series anyway. Playing through the series chronologically is the best way of getting completely burnt out on the series because they're all so insanely similar. Jumping straight from RBY to SuMo is far more interesting because you skip all that.

The guy who was buying one when he didn't want one and was buying it solely because it might be hard to find and he could return it later.
It's as bad a scalping.

It's really not as bad as scalping. There's a chance Damiani could have loved it, he was going to give it a go. He was honest about his apprehensions (and we're talking very old games here, there's good reason to worry about how well they've aged). A scalper never takes it our of its packaging, for risk of damaging the resale value. They won't ever play it just try to sell it to some chump for 3x the sticker price. You're telling me that one is as bad as the other here?

Mista Koo

6Z82gdi.png

I really hope in 2017 they can find the time to make a show about more retro games, have 2 or 3 of the allies just talk about a game from the older consoles as a throwback thing, maybe make it fortnightly or monthly. That's the next show I really want from EZA going forward now.
Probably not what many others want but ah well :p
I want Easy Update to be fortnightly so that Ian can have a "spin-off" show. I want a show based around the online multiplayer episodes (SpyParty and What the Box) and the cozy playing a game together episodes (the two horror games with Huber).
While yes it's just another series with them playing games, the games Ian chose for those weren't stuff that would ever get mentioned elsewhere by the allies, whether it's because they're obscure or because they're on PC. But also they were edited and not simply a stream.

The alternative, which I expected, would've been just an episode or two after they beat the game. A full series is better IMO.
It would've been nice to have the series start (well, the second episode) closer to release, but then again I started the game on launch day and beat it pretty fast so it wouldn't have mattered to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Budi

Full week of Damiani stream! Sacrifice his holiday to bring us entertainment.
Best ally.

Whoa, just checked the schedule. Tip of my imaginary hat to Damiani! The guy is a beast!
Though, I don't really follow the streams myself except some of the group streams from Youtube. I still have to respect this.

Was hoping for a huber and brad jolly christmas stream :(
Knowing then it's there but they won't have it added to the schedule. The whole huge block of Saturday streams was all just shadow drop streams.

Brad mentioned wanting to stream more bloodborne, Overwatch and maybe the first Nier game

Auctopus

Ben tweeted the Frame Trap link and someone immediately cried spoilers for the title. Good Lord, hahaha.

I'm someone who protects myself from spoilers quite strongly but someone people do make it a bit of a joke.

Axass

Anime podcast?

giphy.gif

Will the new show center on anime only, or on manga as well? Asking cause, while I watched quite a few anime, I read like 150 different manga in the last 15 years, so there's a vast gap between my anime and manga knowledge. However, if you stick to the very famous ones, I'm pretty much set either way.

BTW - If you need any recommendations, do ask.

The new pod should be called 'its ok to like anime'

SECONDED. It'd be simply perfect.

bradbot

Neo Member
Anime podcast?

giphy.gif

Will the new show center on anime only, or on manga as well? Asking cause, while I watched quite a few anime, I read like 150 different manga in the last 15 years, so there's a vast gap between my anime and manga knowledge. However, if you stick to the very famous ones, I'm pretty much set either way.

We will be talking about manga too. For instance I'll be talking about the manga parts of Berserk a lot

Budi

I dabbled in anime in my younger years. So this could be interesting to get some recommendations and check some new stuff out. I quite enjoyed some of what I watched, Fullmetal Alchemist, Samurai Champloo, Hellsing and few others. And ofcourse I've seen some Miyazaki movies, also Akira, Paprika and Ghost in the Shell. So while I wasn't exactly thrilled to hear about the new show, I should try and make the best of it.

SECONDED. It'd be simply perfect.

I prefer reading manga to watching anime at this point since it's just easier for me to consume quickly. The way the show is (tentatively) structured right now is we'll talk about a series in all of its different forms. So Berserk, for instance, we'll discuss the manga, the 97 anime, the movies, the 2016 anime, potentially the games, etc. It will be a broad look and then we'll dive into critical discussion/appreciation for the story as a whole. I hope that gives a clearer understanding. Keep in mind that this is still a work in progress so things could change.

Axass

We will be talking about manga too. For instance I'll be talking about the manga parts of Berserk a lot

I prefer reading manga to watching anime at this point since it's just easier for me to consume quickly. The way the show is (tentatively) structured right now is we'll talk about a series in all of its different forms. So Berserk, for instance, we'll discuss the manga, the 97 anime, the movies, the 2016 anime, potentially the games, etc. It will be a broad look and then we'll dive into critical discussion/appreciation for the story as a whole. I hope that gives a clearer understanding. Keep in mind that this is still a work in progress so things could change.

Nice, absolutely adore the idea so far.

I'm glad you're finally getting your own show Brad and I love everything you do Ben, so I'm stoked.

El-Suave

As somebody who isn't into Anime particularly, I hope the new show will be noob friendly because I'd like to check it out. Maybe they could give an overview about the show of the month and introduce it to newcomers and why they think you should watch it. How many episodes/seasons are there, is it done, where does it sit in the spectrum of Anime. Then go into a deep dive for those that are familiar with it for the rest of the episode.

Philippo

Anime only show? By Ben and Brad?? With guests??? Weekly???? And Kyle is a big HxH fan?????
HOLY SHIT I'M UPPING MY SUBSCRIPTION BY 100$!

Will you accept suggestions about topics and/or new shows to watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom