• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

Oh wow!! The jolly present from patreon!! I feel very happy for this.

I hope it continues to grow. L&R eza comunity! Have a happy Christmas

Slevin

Patreon apparently sent a mail around the 12th to all ex-patrons, asking them to reconsider backing. All Patreon projects got a huge boost.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

I bet that Schick Hydrobot became a Patron! Maybe we hear about him in the first half time podcast next year.

Ya'll made fun of Schick Hydrobot but he was the hero we needed.

Haven't heard the whole podcast yet but a quick note about the aesthetic/art direction conversation.

I don't believe aesthetic = art direction but art direction does = aesthetic. Art Direction is far more important in terms of a game's longevity compared to its general aesthetic.

Art Direction is the reason why MGS still looks good today, it's the reason that Dark Souls 2 will age before Dark Souls 1 too. It's the reason that some PS1 games now look utterly horrendous and some of have stood the test of time.

Aesthetic is an important concept for games because it encompasses things that go beyond just the visuals in a game. The audio, the controls, the gameplay, the story, etc, all contribute to a game's overall aesthetic. Art direction is merely one component of the aesthetic.

Hope you're all enjoying the holiday weekend!

December have been a great month for Japanese games news!
TLG worth the wait, DQ11 opening, PSX, Atlus new JRPG, Falcon news, Yakuza 6 and Kiwami, so good.

Yeah, I was just thinking of how all the Japanese publishers seem to be coming out with news this month. Ni no Kuni 2 trailer, Yakuza Kiwami/6 localisation, Valkyria: Azure Revolution localisation, DQXI, open world Dynasty Warriors 9 and today we got news of a new IP from Atlus and Trails of Cold Steel 3. It's been awesome.

And next month we get the Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary, which will hopefully bring some good stuff with it (though I wish that FF Collection rumour would die off already, way too many people are getting their hopes up over a rumour from an unreliable source).

Yeah, it's been an amazing couple of weeks!

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Happy holidays. We're only about a week away from entering the first quarter of valhalla year. Make your plans and say goodbye to your loved ones :p before bunkering up.

Mikey Jr.

Just thinking about 2017 for games.

Shit is going to be crazy! Probably much better r than 2016 x2.

Nioh, horizon, Persona, gravity rush, nnk2, red dead 2, red, nier. There is a fuckton more, but that's just off the top of my head.

The last song in the Easy Update was really awesome. Great video editing to go with it. And once again I'm suprised at the connections Ian has throughout the industry

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays EZA!

I'm so happy we reached 40K. I cannot believe at the start of the year there was any doubt if we'd see the crew again. Now they have blossomed right before our eyes and bought so much jolly to the community.

L&R to everyone <3

Merry Christmas allies!

Just re-watched the EZA podcast #2 from March, where the panel dicuss that brilliant nx controller hoax and share their hopes and dreams of what the nx could be:
Brandon is the only one who kinda got what he wanted, pretty much just the switch (minus the nintendo account stuff).
Brad and Huber were way off hoping for a powerhouse.

Pretty cool going back to these time capsules after the truth has been revealed. That bet at 32:00 !

Gigarator

Hope everybody is having a great day, I just want to express my gratitude to the Allies as they have helped me more than they could ever know to get through the hardest year of my life.

L&R to all.

Philippo

We started the year with GT closing down, and they came back stronger than ever, my love for them couldn't be higher at the moment.

Merry Christmas EZA, you earned it!
L&R <3

Damiani is a madman, he's streaming so much this week!

Not that I'm complaining, but how come Damiani to stream everyday this week? I'm loving the streams and always enjoy watching him play games; he has great insight.

Thanks for the suggestions so far y'all. Definitely gonna get Thumper, the demo was so fun.

Rush of Blood looks cool too, how much content is in that game? Like is there enough tracks to roll through to keep it fresh?

AAK

I remember a long while back someone had a list of all the mega.co.nz links for all the Gametrailers retrospectives. Does anyone have those links handy?

I know IGN uploaded all of them on Youtube, but that link had every series combined and it'll be way faster than individually ripping each Youtube link individually.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=194893614&postcount=3822

Doesn't have all of them. Was looking for the Resident Evil one, will have to rip it.

Damiani' s next retro game is Xenogears. That is an 80 hour long RPG. There won't be another retro game played for a while.

Still my favorite JRPG. Hope he likes it.

Ultimadrago

After finishing The Last Guardian, I went to watch the Frame Trap that talked about it. All I'll say is that it was really pleasant seeing the emotions regarding the game spilled on the panel.

I'm convinced that more Spoilercasts (and the like) should be developed for special games worthy of discussion in the future. Seeing Bloodworth almost at a loss discussing it made me understand the reason why he was compelled to give it the score he did.

Mikey Jr.

Damiani' s next retro game is Xenogears. That is an 80 hour long RPG. There won't be another retro game played for a while.

I love Xenogears, but Xenogears also sucks a lot.

Tower of Babel is just one long half crapped out piece of dog shit.

I won't replay Xenogears because of this section.

I love Xenogears, but Xenogears also sucks a lot.

Tower of Babel is just one long half crapped out piece of dog shit.

I won't replay Xenogears because of this section.
It's not perfect but I love it anyway. And it's one of my most replayed RPGs. I also had a lot less trouble in the Tower of Babel when I replayed it.

Hmm.. On one hand I'm disappointed that Ben & Huber aren't the ones streaming Xenogears (since I enjoyed their stream a lot) but on the other hand I'm very happy I can watch an Ally play the game so I don't have to :^D

Go Damiani!

Hmm.. On one hand I'm disappointed that Ben & Huber aren't the ones streaming Xenogears (since I enjoyed their stream a lot) but on the other hand I'm very happy I can watch an Ally play the game so I don't have to :^D

Go Damiani!
Yea I would have loved Ben and Huber to do the stream but the odds of it was always going to be super low of it happening.

cm osi

xenogears is....a challenging pick for a stream. not sure how well a 40 hours jrpg that is very heavy on text can stream well.

sora87

Bit late but happy christmas everyone :)

xenogears is....a challenging pick for a stream. not sure how well a 40 hours jrpg that is very heavy on text can stream well.

Yes it will be a chore I feel. The main reason the FF7 streams were so good is because there were 3 people there to chat about things during the lulls.

Agreed. It can become very dry. I like Damiani's streams a lot but even he has quiet moments with the most streamable of games. Text-heavy games tend to lead to cumbersome viewing experiences. I would have much preferred FFVIII tho.

Agreed. It can become very dry. I like Damiani's streams a lot but even he has quiet moments with the most streamable of games. Text-heavy games tend to lead to cumbersome viewing experiences. I would have much preferred FFVIII tho.
Yea I voted for ff8 because I felt it'd be easier to do. Xenogears is around 70 hours, has a lot of text in it, and the text speed is pretty slow. The Ben/Huber combo handled it well because of their banter, the VO used for the dialogue and engagement with chat.

You can make solo JRPG fun and enjoyable but its got to be on the harder side. I think Ben does this well by making good observations of the game and other things (going off topic to other games, shows, etc) and most importantly engaging with chat early and often. Something Ben does a great job doing

Auctopus

Aesthetic is an important concept for games because it encompasses things that go beyond just the visuals in a game. The audio, the controls, the gameplay, the story, etc, all contribute to a game's overall aesthetic. Art direction is merely one component of the aesthetic.

Which is what I said?

I was speaking purely in terms of a game's aesthetic longevity and it's ability to withstand the ravages of time. Just because a game looks good now, doesn't mean it will in 20 years. However, games with a strong and consistent art direction will usually still hold what made them visually unique etc.

El-Suave

My girlfriend got me PSVR for Christmas! Recommend me some games Allies!

Already have Batman VR.

Consider Eagle Flight, it's really fun and good to show off VR to others as well. Wayward Sky is also great, it's on the demo disc, too. If you're social Werewolves Within might be fun - my niece is hooked on it and it's the reason I don't have my headset right now. I would kill to play a few rounds of that with Bosman.

Hasney

Consider Eagle Flight, it's really fun and good to show off VR to others as well. Wayward Sky is also great, it's on the demo disc, too. If you're social Werewolves Within might be fun - my niece is hooked on it and it's the reason I don't have my headset right now. I would kill to play a few rounds of that with Bosman.

Agree with all of that, although RIGS is the PSVR king for me above it all. Still playing it.

Also look at Driveclub VR if you have a steering wheel. Don't dig it with a controller.

Yea I voted for ff8 because I felt it'd be easier to do. Xenogears is around 70 hours, has a lot of text in it, and the text speed is pretty slow. The Ben/Huber combo handled it well because of their banter, the VO used for the dialogue and engagement with chat.

You can make solo JRPG fun and enjoyable but its got to be on the harder side. I think Ben does this well by making good observations of the game and other things (going off topic to other games, shows, etc) and most importantly engaging with chat early and often. Something Ben does a great job doing

It makes me wonder if they even consider this when choosing the game to stream. It's a pretty fundamental factor to be honest.

Nevertheless, we shall see how it turns out and hopefully they take on the feedback, and if it doesn't turn out well they change it.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

I think that's the key. I think because of that it's also probably easier to stream a JRPG you already finished before where you had the time to reflect on the experience than streaming one you never played where you have to absorb a lot of stuff yourself for the first time.

That said I also think it depends on what the aim for a stream is.
Do you want a stream to make people interested in the game? Do you want just people to hang out? Do you want to share certain view points?

Actually kind of interesting to muse about the ways you can design a stream experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom