• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maligna

Banned
God damn it, I want Kyle Bosman to stream Werewolves Within. It would be perfect for him and his trollish tendencies. (Said with love and respect)

He loves his PSVR but I don't think he's aware of this game and it's perfect for him and the audience watching him play it.

Budi

God damn it, I want Kyle Bosman to stream Werewolves Within. It would be perfect for him and his trollish tendencies. (Said with love and respect)

He loves his PSVR but I don't think he's aware of this game and it's perfect for him and the audience watching him play it.

That game gives me very strong Town of Salem vibes, could be exactly the same except for VR.

The GoW-trailer was a super random example. I meant any recent trailer. (That the pitch includes older trailers, I didn't know. That's a fair point,)

And again, with your second point, I meant the fact that it doesn't matter when you tell the story, because the story doesn't change. It is timeless and has relevance at any given point. Remembering details or not is besides the point. And even the added production value doesn't change that.

I am talking general here, don't take everything so literal trying to pick it apart with specific circumstance happenings or what not. (I mean you can do whatever you want, but we all now where this kind of discussion leads eventually :D Maybe my fault for bringing it up to begin with, but I thought and still think it's a reasonable distinction why people may value the one over the other. That's all.). Nevermind that I actually agree with the current Patreon-setup, which I already mentioned. Anyway, L&R and all that. ;-)

Yeah, I know it was just a random example, I just wanted to point out that Trailer Jones would be limited by the amount of time Jones can dedicate to it. It's unlikely they'd go through everyone's favourite new trailer.

I took "doesn't matter when you tell the story" like you were being dismissive of the concept, as if those stories may as well be told on a stream or whatever. But re-reading it, I guess you were just comparing the two goals and saying that we're technically missing out on content the longer the Trailer Jones goal takes to hit, whereas Story Time will probably be roughly the same no matter when that goal hits. My take on that is it technically might be true but reality usually isn't that simple and you could probably apply the same logic for some of the other goals too.

Regardless, sorry for misinterpreting your post and getting a bit defensive.

Edit: Great NieR stream, Brad, I'm looking forward to you continuing it. I love that game, Taro Yoko's writing is incredible and the soundtrack is one of my favourite game soundtracks of all time.

demu

I've finished FFXV yesterday and immediately listened to their discussion about it on Frame Trap. While I really, really enjoyed the talk, it lacked deep spoiler discussions, because Huber hadn't finished the game at that point.

Will we see a a full on spoiler discussion on the channel (maybe with Bosman) or is FFXV done? Would love to hear your detailed thoughts on the story, especially on chapter 13.

Hasney

I love FFXV, but I am shocked people want a story discussion on it. There's like 4 story beats and it stumbles over them all, then a cool visual ending.

demu

I love FFXV, but I am shocked people want a story discussion on it. There's like 4 story beats and it stumbles over them all, then a cool visual ending.
Sounds worth discussing to me. They don't always have to talk only about good stories. Mainly I wanna hear Kyle "One of the greats" Bosman's opinion on it.

Hasney

I'm saying there isn't enough meat there to discuss, good or bad. Like maybe enough for a quick update during Frame Trap maybe if everyone there has finished it, but I can't see a special reason to try and stretch it out longer than that.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I actually think FF's story problems make for an especially interesting discussion/perspectives. Of course to me it wouldn't be necessarily a discussion limited to only what's happening in the game but everything relating to it. What are the story beats each of them felt were most painfully absent? What is DLC realistically going to add/fix? Going into the supplementary material and Kingsglaive/Anime in a more in depth fashion, etc etc.

There's plenty of additional discussions that could be had, even things that have been already brought can be discussed in a more nuanced light given that you can lay bare the full context.

That said I'm perfectly happy with what we got with Frame Trap, so unless they themselves feel the need to discuss it again I wouldn't mind giving other games that spotlight time :-x
-------------------
Hope when they come back from their break they're going to talk about their plan of attack for the upcoming releases. Actually curious if they actually manage to push a review out for all those somewhat major titles, there are just so many releases. I assume things like Nioh, Nier A, Horizon are a lock, but Tales of Berseria is probably going to land on the chopping block. Also super looking forward to EZA year two.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Well I'm assuming there's a Yakuza 0 review, so I think January is covered!

I think Yakuza 0 is probably going to Ben, Huber doing RE7 and Damiani on Gravity Rush 2 for January. Brad maybe doing Kingdom Hearts 2.8? Still that's a lot of editing.
That leaves DQ8 3ds, Tales of Berseria, Digimon World Next Order :p unaccounted for.
Also the hidden blessing of non simultaneous global releases or there would also be Dangon Ronpa 3 and Valkyria Revolution(not hot on that game but I will hope until the very end that it might have something worthwhile to it).
Let's remind each other again how insane 2017 going to start out. 2016 I kind of started the year with the Witness then DS3 and that was pretty much it until ZTD for me. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_in_video_gaming

Hasney

January with the games and the Switch event is mad.

If only there was an ally who loved and was knowledgeable about Digimon and could put somethings into words to take that one

raw

Auctopus

If people are desperate for an Ally's FFXV story discussion, Damiani streamed with a FF website on the EZA Twitch.

Great discussion about the story etc.

Karu

I am happy for that one Community Comment guy who wanted Troop on Fiasco. :D

Not much you can do when a Sponsor leaves, though. That's a lot of money, can't blame anyone, heh.

Probably the best Fiasco since the shadow pilot. Worth the wait for sure!

I love how the one moment of confusion about who stole the apple changed the entire course of the story.

Greetings from 2017!

I decided to have a chill new years this year, which was a relief after a crazy Christmas. Here's hoping 2017 will be a hell of a lot better than 2016.

Mista Koo

Amanda sure killed it. Her rhino scene entrance was just amazing.
Didn't expect them to go full
Jumanji
. It was great, but it's disappointing how quickly the smuggling plot was dropped.

I kinda wish Ian wasn't such a stickler for the initial dice roll. The book states that you can reroll a bunch of dice so you are not locked out of options right from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom