• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huber's addiction to Uncharted 4 Survival continues and he now calling for allies!

Streaming #uncharted4survival crushing tomorrow at around 5PM on @EasyAllies Twitch. Looking for Allies lvl 45+ to join the fight. Be there.

Sounds fun. I'm not skilled (or leveled up enough) for that but it'll be fun to watch!

Burt

Just got around to that Christmas Huber Syndrome, great stuff

but

that aliens comment wtf bruh

But I do love pretty much everything he brought up as being absent from GOTYs and what's coming up in 2017

the best of which

shall be known as

FRAAHHHNERRRR

for honor is so, so, so good

Some notes from the excellent Brad and Damiani Kingdom Hearts stream

- Damiani of course reads this thread and read our concerns on the Xenogears stream. Did note that retro stream segment doesn't have to be a full playthrough but enough to get the sense of the game. Given the game length it seems likely a full playthrough won't happen

- the $40k show won't be confirmed until the billing cycle goes through. Given that it's hovering just above $40k and the usual start of month dip I personally think it's still unlikely to happen. But he has a lot of episodes mapped out already (I think he said 40?)

- Damiani's GOTY list is evolving as he's been doing his 2 weeks of constant streaming. The new #1 for him is Titanfall 2 instead of TLG. He still has slated streams of inside, doom and Dark souls 3 and then he'll release his updated GOTY list.

Given the long break I really think they should do their GOTY after everyone gets back. I like how GAF does it by letting people catch up on stuff during the holiday breaks before they vote.

wapplew

I watch Damian TF2 and uncharted stream, the gun play very different, mostly TF2 no as bullet sponge, more satisfying.
My only complaint about UC4 too, hate it when enemy refuse to die, very unrealistic.

Mikey Jr.

Some notes from the excellent Brad and Damiani Kingdom Hearts stream

- Damiani of course reads this thread and read our concerns on the Xenogears stream. Did note that retro stream segment doesn't have to be a full playthrough but enough to get the sense of the game. Given the game length it seems likely a full playthrough won't happen

- the $40k show won't be confirmed until the billing cycle goes through. Given that it's hovering just above $40k and the usual start of month dip I personally think it's still unlikely to happen. But he has a lot of episodes mapped out already (I think he said 40?)

- Damiani's GOTY list is evolving as he's been doing his 2 weeks of constant streaming. The new #1 for him is Titanfall 2 instead of TLG. He still has slated streams of inside, doom and Dark souls 3 and then he'll release his updated GOTY list.

Given the long break I really think they should do their GOTY after everyone gets back. I like how GAF does it by letting people catch up on stuff during the holiday breaks before they vote.

Why are they being so stingy with putting that 40k episode up?

Why are they being so stingy with putting that 40k episode up?
I don't see it being stingy. It's the difference between a pledge of a tier met (what it is in between billing cycles) and what goes through. They let it slide with the E3 $40k tier even though they never actually hit $40k once the billing went through but Jones has been pretty clear the tier only kicks in when what is paid happens. As Damiani pointed out with new sponsors they're never mentioned until the next month once the payment has occurred. Because as you see to some extent, people start to lower their pledge amounts or cancel it st the last moments. Now if it doesn't happen but is close will Brandon let it through again? *shrug* I guess we will see.

I'm kind of hoping that Pomper's
Partial oath can actually be a partial oath, like he is bound to the Crimson Cause or whatever it was called but can keep his individuality.

And Yogalla being jealous about not being the most powerful wizard is hilarious
Shame Yogalla is probably going to die next episode, maybe Pomper can get second Zombie

Axass

I don't see it being stingy. It's the difference between a pledge of a tier met (what it is in between billing cycles) and what goes through. They let it slide with the E3 $40k tier even though they never actually hit $40k once the billing went through but Jones has been pretty clear the tier only kicks in when what is paid happens. As Damiani pointed out with new sponsors they're never mentioned until the next month once the payment has occurred. Because as you see to some extent, people start to lower their pledge amounts or cancel it st the last moments. Now if it doesn't happen but is close will Brandon let it through again? *shrug* I guess we will see.

That's absolutely and perfectly understandable and I'm fine with that. However there's at least one guy (Mango) who upped his pledge by several hundred dollars just so that we could reach the goal. It would suck for him if his payment goes through but we still don't get the show because we're a few hundreds short of 40k. Then again, maybe he's just rich as fuck and doesn't care either way, dunno.

sinxtanx

my approximate reaction to TTE 38

VJPCOCE.gif

Mario007

To be honest the Damiani storytime is just a bad stretch goal. It doesn't hold any excitement and after the first episode it was obvious how little buzz there was for it. On top of that the show seems much lower scale with regards production values and time commitment so it's much harder to get across the message "we need your money to maje this".
Finally the way they've been dealing with this, by Damiani saying how many episodes he has planned etc seems more like they're holding the show hostage especially as Damiani is a full time Ally.

Take on the other hand Trailer score, which has people asking for it, was a previously established show, is a very unique concent and needs three people two of which are part time to make. At the same time trailer score was put as 45k goal so no one actually cares right now.

Budi

To be honest the Damiani storytime is just a bad stretch goal. It doesn't hold any excitement and after the first episode it was obvious how little buzz there was for it. On top of that the show seems much lower scale with regards production values and time commitment so it's much harder to get across the message "we need your money to maje this".
Finally the way they've been dealing with this, by Damiani saying how many episodes he has planned etc seems more like they're holding the show hostage especially as Damiani is a full time Ally.

Take on the other hand Trailer score, which has people asking for it, was a previously established show, is a very unique concent and needs three people two of which are part time to make. At the same time trailer score was put as 45k goal so no one actually cares right now.

No not really, Story time with Damiani is actually a good stretch goal. Plenty of people are excited for it, me included. And personally I wouldn't see planning ahead as a negative, to me it shows potential. They don't need to force topics if they have ideas for so many episodes before the production has even started. Saying that they keep it as a hostage (makes it look like you want it too) seems silly when talking about stretch goals. But as a show, I'd love to learn more about the Allies and their gaming history. This seems great for it.

I don't mind Trailer Score, but it really isn't a box office draw either, not saying that Story time would be. And why are you assuming it needs 2 part time allies to make, have they confirmed it would be regular panel and who would they be? Could have missed that.

Edit: Also not the best metric, but the amount of upvotes on story time pilot shows that there's interest for it.

Chuck

Still without luck
I'd much prefer a trailer score series, because that first episode of story time was really bad. Don't see the appeal.

Budi

I'd much prefer a trailer score series, because that first episode of story time was really bad. Don't see the appeal.

I prefer Trailer Score to the usual trailer reactions people upload on youtube, since with GT they were much more analytical. So there's actually something to see there.

For Story Time, the first episode was really jolly. And would love possibly hear from more allies too how they started. We already saw glimpse of little Huber in the Syndrome. I think it was confirmed that all the allies would get to share some of their stories. But also very intrigued what kind of other stories Damiani has to share than the beginnings. Maybe something about that Nintendo confrence appearance.

Based on the Story Time pilot, I think what the show needs is someone like Ben or Kyle to ask questions and dig into it a bit. Just having one person tell a story is a bit too passive IMO.

Budi

Based on the Story Time pilot, I think what the show needs is someone like Ben or Kyle to ask questions and dig into it a bit. Just having one person tell a story is a bit too passive IMO.

For sure, love to see allies interact (I wish more streams were like this too). But ofcourse there's room for both in the show imo. Sometimes it's effective to just tell a story.

That's absolutely and perfectly understandable and I'm fine with that. However there's at least one guy (Mango) who upped his pledge by several hundred dollars just so that we could reach the goal. It would suck for him if his payment goes through but we still don't get the show because we're a few hundreds short of 40k. Then again, maybe he's just rich as fuck and doesn't care either way, dunno.

I don't know if that's a safe assumption on Mango's part. His pledge didn't put us over the $40K mark. I think it was just a nice little Christmas bonus.

Mario007

No not really, Story time with Damiani is actually a good stretch goal. Plenty of people are excited for it, me included. And personally I wouldn't see planning ahead as a negative, to me it shows potential. They don't need to force topics if they have ideas for so many episodes before the production has even started. Saying that they keep it as a hostage (makes it look like you want it too) seems silly when talking about stretch goals. But as a show, I'd love to learn more about the Allies and their gaming history. This seems great for it.

I don't mind Trailer Score, but it really isn't a box office draw either, not saying that Story time would be. And why are you assuming it needs 2 part time allies to make, have they confirmed it would be regular panel and who would they be? Could have missed that.

Edit: Also not the best metric, but the amount of upvotes on story time pilot shows that there's interest for it.

If we're going by the metrics to see if the pilot succeeded or not, then we'd have to analyse the patreon pledges following the pilot and the promise of more and seeing as only now we're reaching 40k there really didn't seem to be too much of an effect.

Honestly, the show is just weird. Damiani isn't some amazing big star where people would want to know just how the hell does he like Nintendo so much or how does he like Zelda so much. And like I mentioned above, it seems silly thinking that the allies would need extra money for one of their full time members to sit in front of a camera for 10 minutes and tell us why he liked video games. It simply doesn't seem appealing at all, as was shown by the fact that people didn't fork over their money to get more episodes.

On the Trailer Score point, I would assume the show would follow a format from the GT days where it was Kyle, Brandon and Blood (thus assuming two part timers and one full timer-financially speaking).

Just want to say it will be Story Time with Allies, and it will be 1-2 allies talking about the topic with me (either all together, or we each share or story one at a time). It is not just going to be me, we explained this awhile ago after the pilot went up.

Mario007

Just want to say it will be Story Time with Allies, and it will be 1-2 allies talking about the topic with me (either all together, or we each share or story one at a time). It is not just going to be me, we explained this awhile ago after the pilot went up.

Sorry man that information flew under my radar.

Still my points stand, as again I simply don't see the Allies as enough of celebrities in the industry to warrant a "story time". I will definitely watch it but it isn't a "oh I want this, without this my life is incomplete". Which is the point I was trying to make above.

Budi

Sorry man that information flew under my radar.

Still my points stand, as again I simply don't see the Allies as enough of celebrities in the industry to warrant a "story time". I will definitely watch it but it isn't a "oh I want this, without this my life is incomplete". Which is the point I was trying to make above.

I mean, people love to even watch their faces for reaction when game is announced, but somehow them talking about themselves, their gaming history and fun game related stories isn't something people want to see? I don't get it.

I don't see them as experts in marketing, so that people would like to hear their point of view on it. Right?

Edit: Btw, im not saying that you should be as excited about the possible new show as I am. But I was bothered how you didn't seem to state your own personal opinion only, but painted with a broad brush.

But sure you are correct, people are asking for Trailer Score. And Just playeds, Top tens, Final Bosman. They want what we once had. Nobody asked for Brandon Plays Pokemon, but that worked out all right I guess.

Karu

I mean, people love to even watch their faces for reaction when game is announced, but somehow them talking about themselves, their gaming history and fun game related stories isn't something people want to see? I don't get it.

I don't see them as experts in marketing, so that people would like to hear their point of view on it. Right?
Just an aside, as I dont care really either way and I wish Damiani and co. all the best, but to maybe clear up the very (imo) apparent distinction...

a. Reactions are timely and a shared experienced in the right now. To a degree, the same goes for trailer scoring. Being part of a timely discussion.
b. Telling stories of ones past is not that. There is nothing prohibiting someone from telling a story on stream X and Y on any given day of the week. It doesn't matter when it happens. And, of course, it heavily relies on how much you are invested in a given personality Bybnot reaching the Trailer Score right now, you are effectivly loosing contrnt right now. the new Gea4s of War trailer? Will never be scored. Never.

I think Story Time is a fair stretch goal considering how near there are to the goal anyway. If they choose Trailer Score for 40k, they might get there in 2 Days, but then what?

Budi

a. Reactions are timely and a shared experienced in the right now. To a degree, the same goes for trailer scoring. Being part of a timely discussion.
b. Telling stories of ones past is not that. There is nothing prohibiting someone from telling a story on stream X and Y on any given day of the week. It doesn't matter when it happens. Bybnot reaching the Trailer Score right now, you are effectivly loosing contrnt right now. the new Gea4s of War trailer? Will never be scored. Never. And, of course, it heavily relies on how much you are invested in a given personality.

Sure that's fair, for me the streams just have too much dead air (I'm not there for the games usually). So more focused show is something I'm looking forward to. If they would cut the best parts separately from their streams and integrated the stories in the streams. I wouldn't mind. But I don't expect them to do that, since they want to make it in it's own show and they have plenty of material to go from. And likewise, they could do a trailer score during the group stream for example. We've had live trailer scores happen before.

Edit: And what I ment about the announcement reactions. They have "celebrity status" enough for people wanting to share their excitement on upcoming games, but don't see the appeal in getting to know them better. I just can't follow that logic. What you said Karu I can understand.

Karu

It happening on Stream wasn't the important bit, though, but the "It doesn't matter when it happens", because the story stays the same no matter what (if that would be really true for 100% of all episodes or not doesnt really matter at this point in time).

I remember your explanation but my impression was that if there were more than one ally on it, they'd be talking about shared stories. Whereas what I was talking about was more of a Brandon Plays Pokemon setup, where one "host" basically interviews the other and digs into their story.

It's not a big deal though, I'll watch the show regardless.

Just an aside, as I dont care really either way and I wish Damiani and co. all the best, but to maybe clear up the very (imo) apparent distinction...

b. Telling stories of ones past is not that. There is nothing prohibiting someone from telling a story on stream X and Y on any given day of the week. It doesn't matter when it happens. And, of course, it heavily relies on how much you are invested in a given personality Bybnot reaching the Trailer Score right now, you are effectivly loosing contrnt right now. the new Gea4s of War trailer? Will never be scored. Never.

I think Story Time is a fair stretch goal considering how near there are to the goal anyway. If they choose Trailer Score for 40k, they might get there in 2 Days, but then what?

Who says they'd score the new Gears of War trailer anyway? It's not like they scored every trailer back at Gametrailers and there'd be even less with EZA since Brandon would be the one editing them and he's got a full plate as is.

And I disagree that it doesn't matter when a story happens. Maybe you've got a photographic memory but for most people, you're not going to recall all the details if you're remembering something on-the-fly on a random stream. Whereas if you've had some time to think about it, you'll remember a lot more details.

Hasney

The pitch for Trailer Jones also mentioned possibly talking about past trailers rather than just having to pick from whatever new ones are out there, so there's that.

Plus, being a 3 person collaborative effort to be in the same place at the same time along with prep work of selecting trailers for the week do make that a more expensive endeavour without eating into the potential studio fund.

Karu

Who says they'd score the new Gears of War trailer anyway? It's not like they scored every trailer back at Gametrailers and there'd be even less with EZA since Brandon would be the one editing them and he's got a full plate as is.

And I disagree that it doesn't matter when a story happens. Maybe you've got a photographic memory but for most people, you're not going to recall all the details if you're remembering something on-the-fly on a random stream. Whereas if you've had some time to think about it, you'll remember a lot more details.
The GoW-trailer was a super random example. I meant any recent trailer. (That the pitch includes older trailers, I didn't know. That's a fair point,)

And again, with your second point, I meant the fact that it doesn't matter when you tell the story, because the story doesn't change. It is timeless and has relevance at any given point. Remembering details or not is besides the point. And even the added production value doesn't change that.

I am talking general here, don't take everything so literal trying to pick it apart with specific circumstance happenings or what not. (I mean you can do whatever you want, but we all now where this kind of discussion leads eventually :D Maybe my fault for bringing it up to begin with, but I thought and still think it's a reasonable distinction why people may value the one over the other. That's all.). Nevermind that I actually agree with the current Patreon-setup, which I already mentioned. Anyway, L&R and all that. ;-)

cm osi

This week's TTE

Fucking Pomper lol

that was unexpected, i tought yogalla was going to turn since he asked the status of the moon a couple of episodes ago.
thinking about it i'm not sure it's really a lawful good move accepting to turn evil to save a kobold life

ilium

There's a reason why some gamemaster outright forbid Lawful Good and Chaotic Evil during char creation.(Unless noone really cares too much about that)
They're practically impossible to play correctly, but can make for some "funny" encounters. (If your group has a high tolerance for frustration)
Or if you're planning to roleplay the fallen Paladin archetype anyway.
But there's just no leeway with those alignments, LG however is kind of predictable so you can work around that if you must.

I had a group once where this one guy would not want to play anything else than a LG Paladin, so we said "Eh alright if you REALLY want to..."
After his first Paladin died because "Evil creature? ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK" and not willing to play something else we just kinda decided to let him be and basically threw new Paladins at enemies every new session until he realized that maybe it's time to widen his alignment horizon a little bit so to speak ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Needless to say our groups alignment shifted to evil after burning through so many Paladins heh..

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Let's hope their exit strategy does not involve catapults this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom