• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda wish Ian wasn't such a stickler for the initial dice roll. The book states that you can reroll a bunch of dice so you are not locked out of options right from the start.
I actually prefer it that way, the hard restrictions still give it a bit of a "game" feel vs. improv where you bend the rules to go your way. Also ends up with crazier ideas they may not have had originally

I kinda wish Ian wasn't such a stickler for the initial dice roll. The book states that you can reroll a bunch of dice so you are not locked out of options right from the start.

To be fair, that's the way I always play it too. The setup is important, but incredibly flexible. If the dice rolls were always good, each location can only really be played once (or you have to live with each scenario feeling far less organic).

I wonder what can they do to up the patreon cashola.

I mean, they're slowly creeping up right now, growing in a sustainable way. Keep going down this path.

I'd imagine they'd need to see it for at least a few months before they signed a lease.

Ah I see.

They should just find an abandoned warehouse somewhere and lease that. I'm sure it'd be cheaper. Aren't rent rates really in their area anyway? Plus they have to purchase equipment etc. – a huge undertaking.

Hasney

Ah I see.

They should just find an abandoned warehouse somewhere and lease that. I'm sure it'd be cheaper. Aren't rent rates really in their area anyway? Plus they have to purchase equipment etc. – a huge undertaking.

With LA pricing, I'm sure that's what the $50k is.

Naythan

Well, pretty much anything. It's really impressive how they have maintained a somewhat steady climb in Youtube subscribers, patrons and Twitch subs. It's most impressive because I feel like, compared to others, they are pretty minimal about advertising their Patreon.

I think if they were to do some sort of live pledge drive with donation incentives or even a video or two reminding people that the Patreon exists, you could easily see them go up by several thousand. Sure, mentioning it on the podcasts and videos helps but if they really went all out on something, it would have an impact.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Guess no studio for a few more years then.

Not to build expectations or anything but I think the field of internet entertainment punditry can be volatile enough that changes can happen very quickly. What I mean by that sometimes it just takes 1 video to blow up and I don't necessarily mean EZA suddenly becoming million views per video huge in one go because of one video hitting it but more like big increases are not unnatural.

I still remember watching this movie reviewer Jeremy Jahns when he would get like 10k views per video. And I remember each big video he did increasing the audience suddenly by a 10-20k sustained one such was the Mass Effect ending video.
Dude hits around 200-300k average per video review now for the not so big movies and up a million for most blockbusters of the year.

Now the complicated thing here is I have no idea how youtube translates to people getting into patreon but still I believe youtube to be one of the better avenues to at least get known. But I might be wrong on that.

UrbanRats

Fiasconauts was amazing, one of the best they've ever had, even counting the GT ones.
Amanda was great, though she's an actress and does improv, no? So i guess it should've been expected.

The only thing i'm missing in Fiasconauts is more Ben Moore, he was absolutely fantastic in the past Fiasco episodes.
I understand he already has a million things going though.

Servbot24

Banned
Ah I see.

Yeah. Honestly 50k/mo sounds shockingly low to rent and maintain a studio in LA.

Mista Koo

I actually prefer it that way, the hard restrictions still give it a bit of a "game" feel vs. improv where you bend the rules to go your way. Also ends up with crazier ideas they may not have had originally
The dice will restrict you regardless, besides the first few choices. But when I'm playing I like to ensure that no options are locked right out from the start (e.g. in this game they couldn't pick any singular 6:6 or 2:2).

So thinking about TTA, Pomper so far since joining up with the group again has:

Gotten lost immediately/Created an evil clone
Created a bunch of sailors before abandoning them all
Killed all of the green dragons
Almost killed Moof
Ruined the heist plan
Killed Moof
Swore allegience to the red dragons
May have killed Yogala

Am I missing anything?

HeavenlyE

So thinking about TTA, Pomper so far since joining up with the group again has:

Gotten lost immediately/Created an evil clone
Created a bunch of sailors before abandoning them all
Killed all of the green dragons
Almost killed Moof
Ruined the heist plan
Killed Moof
Swore allegience to the red dragons
May have killed Yogala

Am I missing anything?
Turned moof into a brainless zombie and extended his suffering

Auctopus

Happy New Year from the UK, Allies. Hope 2017 brings you everything you're working towards etc. etc.

Here's to a fantastic 2017 for EZA, the sky's the limit!

cm osi

i want 5 allies to cosplay this
MaWGhFoE.jpg

Sheentak

To up the patron cash maybe they need to advertise it more. Like have a clip at the end of every video explaining it.

After seeing the kinda funny studio i really want the allies to get one.

Plum

Just popping in here to ask whether anyone knows if they're doing a betting special for the Switch presentation? I feel like they should.

Wiggy

Switch bets is cool, but i was hoping they'd do '2017 Predictions' thing, maybe for a group stream like their game awards

cm osi

To up the patron cash maybe they need to advertise it more. Like have a clip at the end of every video explaining it.

After seeing the kinda funny studio i really want the allies to get one.

as jones said, to attract more people you have to put out content that can last through time. podcasts and stream are good to keep the people around but it becomes old after a week. problem is that content requires more time and work to be made. of course you need to make people aware of the patreon system, but first you have to get new people, and video like sleuth and reviews are probably the best way

sora87

Better stretch goals tbh, the damiani story time sounds like a nice little idea but doesn't seem like an overly attractive 40k goal.

Happy new year to everyone here and all the allies btw, hope 2017 brings bigger and better things!

Auctopus

I think in a recent AMA Elyse expressed interest in a FH/EA collab.

I can't imagine that working or being pleasant to watch.
They use very different setups which benefit them and have very different presentation styles.

See: The Know vs. Podcast Corrections

I'm hoping they can get Elyse as a guest Tabletop character for a few episodes, that'd be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom