• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM to feature "top-secret, world-exclusive cover story" next issue (sorry if old)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Ok one more hint but if they catch me, I'll be fired for sure.

In this game there are things representing people and locations in the form of "moving pictures." Sometimes interacting with them provides positive results, other times it provides negative results.

TekunoRobby said:

In this game there are things representing people and locations in the form of "moving pictures." Sometimes interacting with them provides positive results, other times it provides negative results.

OMG HALO 3 MEGAT0N.

Auron

Okay, here it goes...

It's Grand Theft Auto Online, exclusively for Nintendo GameCube. Similar to Stage Debut you can map your face onto your character, and the game comes packed with a microphone similar to the one packed with "Hey You Pikachu!" for live voice. This is the big western developed game Iwata was talking about, and Nintendo's first serious venture into online.

BuddyC

Auron said:
Okay, here it goes...

It's Grand Theft Auto Online, exclusively for Nintendo GameCube. Similar to Stage Debut you can map your face onto your character, and the game comes packed with a microphone similar to the one packed with "Hey You Pikachu!" for live voice. This is the big western developed game Iwata was talking about, and Nintendo's first serious venture into online.
Let me illustrate where you went wrong:

Nintendo. Online.

Next?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Dunno. Just a feeling I guess. It sounds anticlimatic enough, and fits the bill in a twisted way (as it is going through a redevelopment process)

And 'dying to play' is a nice play on words for ghost.

I'm probably wrong, buy I wouldn't be surprised.

Boogie9IGN

TekunoRobby said:

THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT: THE GAME
Starring Ashton Kutcher!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
actually I ment the new Mizuguchi game, which is not going to be called REZ 2 of course (but everybody will see it as that)

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Defensor said:
Way of the Warrior 2

421540f22e3c79f49.gif

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
isamu said:

You're all idiots; It's a game WEVE NOT SEEN YET. That means Starcraft and so on don't count.

As for that guy's last hint, he said moving pics representing humans give you either positive or negative results. Could that mean it's an RPG...?

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Fight for Freeform said:
Duke Nukem Forever?

-edit-
haha, what was I thinking when I typed that...sorry! I need some sleep...

Funnily enough John TV played that a few years ago. Shocking that it still isn't out.

I thought about this, and I realized I hadn't heard much about a certain Sony 2nd party dev lately. Their games have been pretty varied this gen, I'm wondering if they have an unannounced 4th title.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
6.8 said:
I'm thinking Incog... But I'm just randomly speculating.

I actually thought about them too for a second when one of the EGM guys said "it's not Black". I figured it might have a double meaning.

1. It's not the game called "Black"
2. It's not black as in the color black.

Twisted Metal White?

But seriously, I still believe it will be Halo 2.

Acrylamid

FoneBone said:
"...in a few weeks, you'll be able to say hello to an awesome new game that everyone will be dying to play."
Wild guess:
It's a game for the Nintendo DS which supports the microphone...
Btw, what happened to the Marionette game that was announced at E³ (2002, 2003 ?!) ?
Maybe it's reworked for the DS, so that you can control the marionette with your voice and the touchpad.

JC10001 said:
But seriously, I still believe it will be Halo 2.

As pointed out above, it seems like this is a completely new game, so HALO 2 wouldn't count.

I'm going to go with Kaz's new game. Ever since GT3 it's been rumored that Polyphony has a secret game in the works but it's not been shown and there hasn't really been anything other than rumors. That'd be pretty big i'd say.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Well, I'd expect Sony to make that kind on announcement on its official PlayStation mag rather then EGM.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SolidSnakex said:
I can dream can't I? :p Howabout Metal Gear Online then?

That's too big for EGM. That's Game Informer kind of exclusive.

I'll stick with the new Mizuguchi game :p

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Acrylamid said:
Wild guess:
It's a game for the Nintendo DS which supports the microphone...
Btw, what happened to the Marionette game that was announced at E³ (2002, 2003 ?!) ?
Maybe it's reworked for the DS, so that you can control the marionette with your voice and the touchpad.
What's funny is that you keyed into the giveaway phrase but totally got it wrong ;)

GDGF

Soothsayer
Actually, didn't someone say that Silicon Knights was supposed to announce their new game this month? It could very well be Too Human.

(as long as it's not starcraft:ghost)

BuddyC

Lost Weekend said:
Actually, didn't someone say that Silicon Knights was supposed to announce their new game this month? It could very well be Too Human.

(as long as it's not starcraft:ghost)
...it's Scarface. Where have you been for the past two hours?!

Top Bottom