• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbeard

Banned
the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20041022093601571.jpg

the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20041022093603087.jpg

the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20041022093604477.jpg

the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20041022093606055.jpg

the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20041021063825657.jpg

the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20041021063820658.jpg

the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20041022095721109.jpg

Big preview from Gamespy

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I hate how today's "modern" graphics somehow manage to make dirt look shiny, not to mention everything else

Redbeard

Banned
In fact, one of the interesting problems that the team has had to face came about precisely because the AI is so good. According to Howard, the AI has caused guards to decide to eat and go hunting deer, only to get themselves arrested for attacking something. When they fight back against the arresting guard, the other guards see a fight and try to join in. In not too much time, every guard in the town was involved in the scuffle, which left the rest of the town open to thievery by other NPCs, resulting in empty stores. Much of the team's current effort is going into putting sensible governors on the AI's behavior to avoid situations like empty stores that would result in situations that wouldn't be fun for the player.

!

xexex

Banned
looks good, but this is not even running on Xbox 2 or PS3 yet. just PC. just think what games will look like on Xbox 2, Revolution and PS3 in 1-2 years time. then imagine 2nd gen games on the new consoles in 3-4 years time.

lordmrw

i assumed someone had posted a thread with these pics when last month's Game Informer came out, but I guess I was wrong. This is a nice example of what I'm expecting from next gen.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Culex:

> What scans?

Some of these screens were printed in Game Informer a while ago.

> AND they look marvelous!

Marvelously ugly.

raYne

Whoa.. looks fantastic. Fable-owned medieval style!*
epmode said:
holy shit @ the last one.
Is the last one even supposed to be in game/gameplay? Doesn't look like it at all to me.

*visually :p

Meier

Oh my god.. my computer and heart aches at those screens. Put in over 160 hours into Morrowind and its expansions but I know I wont be able to play this one.. at least, looking like that.

Docpan

THE ART IS TERRIBLE, LONG LIVE ANIME STYLE WESTERN DEVELOPERS PHAIL, GUY ISNT SKINNY/PALE ENOUGH. UNIMAGINATIVE!

Meier said:
Oh my god.. my computer and heart aches at those screens. Put in over 160 hours into Morrowind and its expansions but I know I wont be able to play this one.. at least, looking like that.
You'll upgrade long before this comes out... and it'll still run like ass.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Docpan said:
THE ART IS TERRIBLE, LONG LIVE ANIME STYLE WESTERN DEVELOPERS PHAIL, GUY ISNT SKINNY/PALE ENOUGH. UNIMAGINATIVE!

Nail, meet hammer.

Seriously, the game looks absolutely gorgeous. I mean, look at those trees!

ManaByte said:
That's what people said about Doom 3 and I get 60-70fps.
Unless you have an Athlon64 and a Video card from the future, that frame rate is when you're standing still. Or you got the settings down.

Doom3 ain't bad at all, but it does not hold that framerate.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If it looks this good when it comes out I will be a happy man... but Morrowind didn't look nearly as good as the screen shots 9 months before it hit the market... (cries)

Arcticfox

Blackace said:
If it looks this good when it comes out I will be a happy man... but Morrowind didn't look nearly as good as the screen shots 9 months before it hit the market... (cries)
One year before the game came out:
mwind008.jpg
morrow1.jpg

Looks like the version of Morrowind that I played.

"That's what people said about Doom 3 and I get 60-70fps."

I thought Doom 3 had a lock on the FPS to never go over 60. At least that's what I thought.

ManaByte

Gold Member
ArcadeStickMonk said:
Unless you have an Athlon64 and a Video card from the future, that frame rate is when you're standing still. Or you got the settings down.

Doom3 ain't bad at all, but it does not hold that framerate.

Nope. Just a P4 3.2, 9800XT 256, and 2 gigs of system RAM. I can't play on Ultra since that's for 512MB cards, but I play on the next highest at 1280x1024 and I get around 60fps when the game is moving.

With the HL2 video stress test I got about 120fps at the same resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom