• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
Idontbelieveyou.gif

Although if you are telling the truth you're probably getting night killed tonight. Ugh, I can't think this through now.

*Splinter

Is that a specific day/night action or can you do it anytime?

Any time. Just once per game though. Which is why I didn't rush into using it.

Edit. Sorry I mean any night. It is a night action. Not limited to even or odd nights.
Hmm...

Ehh...

Maybe. I don't know, but since Corn will apparently let town choose the kill we could let him live another day? But if he's a scum aligned 1 shot kill he'll only hit our target if they're town...

(Or he could be lying completely of course)

Kalor

Well, since CornBurrito is going to let someone choose a target I'm inclined to unvote them as if we get one kill tonight then we can just vote him tomorrow. I doubt mafia will target the same person as Corn as that would be a waste of a night kill.

UNVOTE

cabot

Hmm...

Ehh...

Maybe. I don't know, but since Corn will apparently let town choose the kill we could let him live another day? But if he's a scum aligned 1 shot kill he'll only hit our target if they're town...

(Or he could be lying completely of course)

lol what a messy claim.

Hey guys, he could actually just be normal scum, kills who we want tonight and then claims scum were somehow silenced.

cabot

I mean it says Roger Ailes is the Chairman and CEO of Fox News and the Fox Television Stations Group.

lots of little mistakes here that are making me doubt it.

cabot

I don't really know how to resolve the situation, I can see these outcomes:

We let Corn live and choose someone who we feel could most strongly be scum. Corn kills scum, flips as scum and corn most likely dies as well as another scum member will carry the kill order on him.

Problems/Thoughts:
1) We don't really have any super strong leads for scum
2) There's a pretty wide margin for error since there is probably only two scum left.
3) If we do target scum and Corn is telling the truth, 2 NKs tonight for sure.

We let CB target BSP because she is neutral and not a problem to us if she dies currently.

1) I can see Mafia doing a No Kill to frame Town-aligned CB, who should be lynched the following day to eliminate the chance he is scum.
1.1) We only lose one at night this way, and it's BSP. Though effectively we'd have to lynch CB to make sure he was telling the truth.

We choose someone and CB carries out the deed and is town aligned or not publically unaligned.

1) 2 NKs most likely, and both will probably be townies.
2) CB will probably be confirmed, though allegiance would never be certain.

Any other ideas I'm missing?

Is Blarg suggesting himself because he's Blarg or because he might be bulletproof?

cabot

Oh, and he's lying.

1) His claim seems weak, can there be more flavour given perhaps?
2) He's already made a mistake in fudging up when he can use it.
3) He's been reading off to me (could be a PR, could be scum)

Kalor

Provided that we take all the role claims so far as being legitimate (Excluding Corn's for now since I'm not sure on it) then we get this list:

CornBurrito
Never Forever/Blargonaut
El Topo
Palmer_v1
Fireblend
*Splinter (I know that some people think the fact they got a message from Hyperactivity clears them but that isn't a reliable way to clear town.)

If we take CornBurrito at face value then we could take him off this list and potentially remove two other people from this list with the vote today then Corn's kill tonight. Obviously if we wake up tomorrow with three dead GOP then we are in a bad spot but the list would be shorter.

Oh, and he's lying.

1) His claim seems weak, can there be more flavour given perhaps?
2) He's already made a mistake in fudging up when he can use it.
3) He's been reading off to me (could be a PR, could be scum)

I misunderstood the any time as "not limited to even or odd nights" and corrected immediately after submitting. I was on lunch break at work and in a rush.

cabot

Provided that we take all the role claims so far as being legitimate (Excluding Corn's for now since I'm not sure on it) then we get this list:

CornBurrito
Never Forever/Blargonaut
El Topo
Palmer_v1
Fireblend
*Splinter (I know that some people think the fact they got a message from Hyperactivity clears them but that isn't a reliable way to clear town.)

If we take CornBurrito at face value then we could take him off this list and potentially remove two other people from this list with the vote today then Corn's kill tonight. Obviously if we wake up tomorrow with three dead GOP then we are in a bad spot but the list would be shorter.

I'll re-arrange your list from most suspicious to least (for me):

CornBurrito
El Topo
Palmer_v1
Never Forever/Blargonaut
*Splinter
Fireblend

cabot

I agree that I don't really trust this.

Do we stand to lose that much if we lost a one shot vigi?

He's essentially dead anyway if he is what he says he is tonight, and telling him a target may hurt us more at this stage because we don't have a solid lead.

nin1000

Banned
I agree that I don't really trust this.

Do we stand to lose that much if we lost a one shot vigi?

He's essentially dead anyway if he is what he says he is tonight, and telling him a target may hurt us more at this stage because we don't have a solid lead.

I agree. Sorry Cornburrito but i dont trust that bs

Ourobolus

Banned
Palmer_v1 (4)
Fireblend
El Topo
Blargonaut
CornBurrito

Fireblend (0)
bananaspaceprincess

CornBurrito (3)
cabot
nin1000
*Splinter
Kalor
cabot

El Topo (0)
CornBurrito

SalvaPot (0)
Blargonaut

bananaspaceprincess (1)
Palmer_v1
Kalor
SalvaPot

Blargonaut (1)
SalvaPot

t1442696400z1.png

*Splinter

My prediction for if we trusted Corn:

We name someone for him to kill
1 or 2 townies die in the night, not including the person we named
We spend all of tomorrow arguing about what that means and then lynch Corn anyway

My vote is staying on Corn

Me misunderstanding Kalors question was unfortunate. But I did correct myself a second after. As for Roger being a CEO, he is also the President of Fox News. I assume Ouro went with President rather than CEO for thematic reasons.

El Topo

Crazy thought begins.

Blarg and Corn are mafia. Blarg convinces Corn to do crazy role claim, publicly asks Corn to target him, next day comes forward and tells everyone he got attacked, but nothing happened. Two players seemingly exonerated.

Crazy thought ends.

We haven't had any non-candidate roles that were GOP-aligned so far. Does it make sense to have some media boss, when there are more than enough candidates to choose from? Has Ouru really gone off the charts this time?

Crazy thought begins.

Blarg and Corn are mafia. Blarg convinces Corn to do crazy role claim, publicly asks Corn to target him, next day comes forward and tells everyone he got attacked, but nothing happened. Two players seemingly exonerated.

Crazy thought ends.

We haven't had any non-candidate roles that were GOP-aligned so far. Does it make sense to have some media boss, when there are more than enough candidates to choose from? Has Ouru really gone off the charts this time?

Actually the fact that I was given a non candidate role is why I didn't think it was so obvious that hypers claim was fake simply because it wasn't a candidate name.

BSP is a neutral without a candidate name as well.

Kalor

So I'm going to vote for Palmer and give CornBurrito a chance. If they fail then we kill them tomorrow.

Vote: Palmer_v1

To my dearest GOP fellows,​

I have seen the beloved Millennial youth of America descend upon its collective knees at my feet, and when I asked them why they wept so flippantly, to their credit they bit their rosy lips and cried up to me with one voice united and voluptuous, "no mo Tay Tay, sadface #NonOmnisMoriar," end quote.​

I, like my predecessor before me, understand how the true heart of America lies; it is not in our hard power, of bribes and canned beans. Nae nae; it is in our soft power, in our touchscreens and online MTV. That is the channel we must subscribe to, or else the USA of tomorrow will press the Dislike button on our careers, not our Facebooks.​

Therefore, for the sake of 2016 and the Grand Old Partaytay, I have deigned to write my name on the blank space left behind by my forebear; I will continue to be the supplier of quality slideshows of America's darling country music starlette. Irrelevancy must be maintained.​

WBrfgGZ.gif

Pound-signed, the New Republic.​

Fireblend

Banned
Alright. I'm here. It's a shame Palmer has pretty much said nothing today. About Corn... I don't believe your claim, but it's also difficult for me to believe one of two scum left would expose themselves so eagerly, specially with some hours to go until the day ended. I thought Blarg could be a second scum bussing him when he asked to be targeted tonight, but it's such a risky thing to do for the only scum left that it sounds crazy to me. Maybe it's a desperate tactic to throw us off since we're on the right track?

I still believe that there's scum in my list from when the day started, and Palmer being in that list and not really having convinced me of his innocence makes me keep my vote there (and I know that if he flips town I'll be the one responsible for it and am willing to accept that responsibility), but now I think Corn could be a decent choice too since either way I'd be removing one of my main suspects...

Which one between Corn and Palmer you guys think would yield us the most info?

Difficult situation really =/

Ourobolus

Banned
Palmer_v1 (5)
Fireblend
El Topo
Blargonaut
CornBurrito
Kalor
Blargonaut

Fireblend (0)
bananaspaceprincess