• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabot

I don't think you're scum.

I don't really know what silencing Blarg will really prove.

This is between you and him, if you think it'll help clear you with the others, then by all means. Blarg seems to want it.

Kalor

So Cabot, what's your take on Blarg's request for me if I make it through today? Should I silence him?

I'm not Cabot but I think you should if Blarg wants it. It might bring about some result that we're not expecting.

So right now I still want to vote El Topo, I would place a vote right now but I don't want to bring us close to turboing the rest of the day.

Fireblend

Banned
Well, Blarg seems to be acting pro-town, and even though his reads cut off right where mine begins it seems he's well intentioned. I guess he can handle the silence. He can always say who he'd vote for instead of actually voting until we reach the end of the day and he wants to submit a final vote anyway I guess. I'll do it.

El Topo

I don't think he's being 100% forthright with his plan. I don't think the purpose behind it is to clear me as town at all. We'll see.

I get that. I understand that it is worth a shot. I would rather lynch CornBurrito than you today, but I think it's important that we do not put too much emphasis on it.

cabot

Well the reason I think Fireblend is town is because he claimed his role is multi shot, which essentially acts as confirmation for me as Ouro slipped up in a PM on D2 revealing that the image macro thing could happen again.

So if he's telling the truth about his claim, why would he limit the number of uses to one so far?

Simple, because he's a townie with a bad role. I'm sure you'll all understand why I can go with this.

If not, I was a Miller in the NX game, a role which is town aligned but really anti-town.

I assume Blarg's plan is essentially to give everyone else in the game the same confirmation I feel, that Fireblend does indeed have the ability to use this multiple times, but has chosen not to after the initial time.

There's absolutely no reason to do this if you were scum. The vote limiting is actually pretty useful, and obviously limiting communication is nice as well. I think Fire ended up choosing well because I was willing to persevere and post a load of image macros to get a decent chunk of discussion across, but I can easily see others just being frustrated/not at a desktop so it's a pain (one reason I was silent at the claim madness on D2 was because I was out and on mobile it isnt easy to post image macros)

Sure, he could be saving it up for end game, but he came out with his role claim in the open, gave a reason which was....flawed but at least believable for using it on me. I've also read him as town most of this game.

Does that about cover it?

*Splinter

Cabot you showed how useless Fire's ability is. You've also shown how effective 'not using' his ability can be. I believe it's multishot but I don't see how that fact is relevant at all

cabot

Well that's good if we've learned anything it is that I am, in fact, not the be all end all information point of this group's opinions.

I'll just get back to ironing my clothes now.

Occam's razor is that Fireblend can silence and kill in the same night.

That does make it a bit trickier as to why he would limit it. I am tempted to think that might be because it set himself up for a town claim later on. But that is admittedly conspiracy level thinking.

El Topo

It's silly that we're discussing this at all, but it did say:

Hyper's doesn't.

Come on guys this a standard mafia game, these are standard mafia rules.

If it's not in the PM, it's not a given. If they don't know each other, that would mean someone like Kalor (just as an example) could have voted for Hyper without knowing that he is scum. That would work in Fireblend's favor, since if he was mafia he may not have necessarily known that Hyper was.

But can 1 member do the factional kill AND perform their individual-specific action at the same time?

No restriction is mentioned in Hyper's PM. Is that a standard mafia rule?

Also Ouro just said "Any Electorate member can make the factional kill unless otherwise specified. Just like the other games."

cabot

Guys, the kill to mafia is like a vote to town.

Only in extreme cases will that be compromised for another ability.

cabot

If it's not in the PM, it's not a given. If they don't know each other, that would mean someone like Kalor (just as an example) could have voted for Hyper without knowing that he is scum. That would work in Fireblend's favor, since if he was mafia he may not have necessarily known that Hyper was.

Sure, I'll add that to the pile of other theories you've thrown out today.

tqSwSX4.jpg

El Topo

Do you have a point? We're 40 minutes to go and you're speculating on whether or not the Mafia know each other?

I'm town. You guys have shown no interest in listening to reason, even though a mislynch puts us in a very dangerous situation and you will get no information from lynching me.

All I can do is push the discussion forward as much as possible with the vague hope that you will do better tomorrow. At this point I'm not expecting much though.

Guys, the kill to mafia is like a vote to town.

Only in extreme cases will that be compromised for another ability.

So you believe that 1 Electorate member can execute the kill for their faction AND perform their individual-specific action in the same Night?

Ourobolus

Banned
Sigh. I left out the info when I first sent out the PMs since I thought it was standard knowledge at this point. Let me just amend this.

Hyperactivity said:
You are an Atheist.

You are aligned with the Electorate.

Your head explodes when presented with cases of &#8220;religious persecution&#8221; masqueraded as bouts of &#8220;holy shit, we&#8217;re losing our influence.&#8221; So you&#8217;ve decided to mess with them. Each night, you may send a message, in the name of God, to a player of your choosing. PM me with the command FSM: <player> <message> during the night.

You win when the Electorate outnumbers or equals the GOP numbers.

Electorate Kill
You or any of your team may conduct the factional kill during the night. This move is not restricted by your use of a power role, unless otherwise specified. PM me with KILL: <player> to conduct the kill.

The public game thread is here.

The Electorate chat is here: <REDACTED>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom