• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nin1000

Banned
Tomorrow, I believe. I know watching political debates is like watching eternity passing by, but it's been less than 24 hours since this began.
Relax fellow liberal, as soon as i come home from work praying and shooting my guns I will start some discussion.

Sorian

Banned
Okay. I actually am struggling to simply cast a vote on someone since there is just no information yet and I don't hold a grudge on someone from previous games.^^ I would rather not vote for now but I'm sure you won't let me get away with that.
So for now...

VOTE: kingkitty

Because I like your name and avatar :)

I think you'll do just fine around here. And with that, it looks like everyone has some random vote out and about and I see no reason to keep my vote on you for now.

Hello hello, I'm awake again.

I somewhat agree with Palmer_v1 that everyone should have a vote cast at all times (although I think I didn't vote for some phases in NX mafia, hmmh).

Almost all posts for the first five pages have been nothing but fluff fluff fluff. I kind of understand it, since there has been no super surprising twists and turns happening like there was in some of the other games during day 1. Only bigger post so far was the early reads Cabot made.. and those aren't not that much contributive either. "I don't like cats, so kingkitty is a day 1 candidate". What?

The reason why I bring Cabot's reads as bit suspicious, is that scum would probs want to look like contributive player from the start, since usually contributive-ish players are left more likely alone during day 1. So scums might want to look like they are contributive to the game, even though they actually aren't.

So for that, I let Cabot be the first to get my vote.

VOTE: Cabot

I'll take this the opposite direction since cabot got plenty of votes and I like to play devil's advocate. cabot comes along and posts a weak read list that is half flavor and half real talk, Burb then comes along and strikes him down for trying to look helpful. Well, I'd contend that, at this stage of the game, that's probably about the strongest read list someone could make (I wouldn't even attempt it right now) so from that perspective, it almost looks like Burb is trying to silence someone trying to move the game from flavor fluff to real politics.

VOTE: Burbeting

I was also interested in who had been least active but I agree that it looks to be Kalor and Fire and Palmer seem to have his number already.

Kalor

I went to bed after my last post and didn't post when I read through the thread earlier when I woke up. I should be more active from now to the end of the day.

As for the votes on me, what can I say about them with it being Day 1. Theres not much I can address since most of them don't have a real reason for them.

Actually, he did do something I find scummy. Hid behind RNG on his vote.

I can understand why you find that scummy but Day 1 we have little to go off so I just randomly voted as other people did. I could of not mentioned the RNG element of my vote but I may as well be transparent with why I vote.

Fireblend

Banned
I can understand why you find that scummy but Day 1 we have little to go off so I just randomly voted as other people did. I could of not mentioned the RNG element of my vote but I may as well be transparent with why I vote.

I have a vote on you, but out of principle I feel like I should point out: Palmer, you were the one who said we should all have a vote out on D1 to not let mafia get away with not voting, and yet you find it scummy that Kalor chose a target randomly after you said that?

Tsk tsk.

Sorian

Banned
Actually, he did do something I find scummy. Hid behind RNG on his vote.

Oh, I just saw this post because Kalor quoted it. Sorry man, two of my 4 votes have been RNG as well (the first one was full RNG, the 3rd was RNG from a list of 3). Might as well air the laundry since I find it odd you pointed out RNG being a scum tell for him but not for me.

Palmer_v1

I just mean that it is a bullshit excuse later on. Oh, sorry I was part of the group that lynched Townie #1. It was just RNG!

I'd prefer to nip it in the bud.

It's also a little different to RNG the entire group, as opposed to narrowing it down, and then RNGing one of a small group of candidates.

Ourobolus

Banned
CURRENT VOTES

Palmer_v1 (0)
Sorian

CzarTim (1)
Palmer_v1
*Splinter

cabot (4)
Palmer_v1
kingkitty
Hyperactivity
Burbeting
nin1000
CzarTim

kingkitty (0)
cabot

SalvaPot (0)
Sorian

Hyperactivity (1)
Kalor

Kalor (4)
Fireblend
El Topo
Never Forever
Palmer_v1

LaunchpadMcQ (0)
CzarTim

Fireblend (0)
Hyperactivity

Sorian (2)
nin1000
LaunchpadMcQ
SalvaPot

bananaspaceprincess (0)
Sorian

El Topo (0)
cabot

Burbeting (2)
cabot
Sorian

nin1000 (1)
Hyperactivity

Sorian

Banned
So it looks like Kalor and cabot are the forerunners on votes. Two of Kalor's votes were just junk random votes while only one of cabot's was a junk random. The other two Kalor cite the same reasoning, lack of activity and one of the junk votes, Fire, said he would keep his vote on for the new reasoning of inactivity. Over on cabot, we have 3 votes that came in because of an early read list built on very little information in the thread. Burb is the next below with real votes from myself and cabot. cabot's is partially built on voting for the guy who voted for him but past that, our reasoning seemed to be the same in that it was odd that Burb wanted to shut down early reads and make it seem bad to make those reads.

This is just a sum up of the votes that looked like they were built on actual logic. The rest seem to be random or junk, is that the case or did I miss any? Any wrong reads of the logic behind those votes?

Fake edit: Actually nin has a vote on cabot that doesn't seem to have real reasoning behind it (unless.....unless cabot really is a racist) so that removes one from his list.

For reference, the people currently making votes with logic behind them:
Burbeting
CzarTim
Fireblend
Never Forever
Palmer
Cabot
Sorian

Again, correct me if I am wrong if anyone made another vote I haven't listed that was more grounded in something from this thread.

With the votes above that puts it at 3-2-2 Kalor-cabot-Burb. Of course "fluff" (I know how much nin loves that word) votes matter so in real life Kalor is tied with cabot but I just wanted to show what things look like when we cut through the jokes.

So, what was the purpose of this post? Well not much other than no one was talking and I thought this could springboard some conversation and if nothing else could clean up the vote tallies a little bit.

Sorian

Banned
unvote

jk

for now

i'm keeping my eye on you sorian

tumblr_lpg07tmJpH1qgmd19.gif

That's fine though, it seems like no one else will try to drive discussion again so I might as well.

Fireblend

Banned
Sorian, I feel like you give me too much credit for the "reasoning" behind my current vote, and I say that because then I should consider that you might be giving other people too much credit as well. I don't like you deciding what's a justified vote and what isn't or making groups. I do agree with both you and Palmer_v1 that by the end of the day we should all have something better than a random vote, but I'd rather judge "fringe-fluff" votes on retrospective.

Sorian

Banned
Sorian, I feel like you give me too much credit for the "reasoning" behind my current vote, and I say that because then I should consider that you might be giving other people too much credit as well. I don't like you deciding what's a justified vote and what isn't or making groups. I do agree with both you and Palmer_v1 that by the end of the day we should all have something better than a random vote, but I'd rather judge "fringe-fluff" votes on retrospective.

My threshold for "reasoning" was saying something more than "yeah, well you sound like a liberal commie!" Like I said, the votes I'm considering junky are the ones that appeared to be grounded in jokes or flavor and if I missed anything that was more of a real vote, I would love if someone would point it out for me.

Yeah, you've got why I voted for Kalor right. I didn't want to just throw something random out there last night so I just decided to go for whoever hadn't really been around much when I got around to the thread earlier today. I couldn't even remember what his avatar looked like, lol.

I definitely think that the cabot/Burbeting interaction is the first major POI of Day 1, and it's interesting to see how it shook out. All the possibilities for the motivations for both parties have been laid out for now, and so my brain will tick away to decide which is most likely as the game develops, and my vote may move accordingly. Are they Town/Town, Town/Mafia, or Mafia/Mafia? (it's probably definitely not the last one)

People who've played with cabot before say he may be acting differently, but I wouldn't know that. Of the people I've played with before, nobody seems to have had a personality transplant that highlights a massive change in mentality, but that doesn't really mean anything.

I just realized Tim voted for me. Sorry, the joke was missed.

I'm following the discussion and I'll chime in if I have anything. So far, it looks like usual day 1 shenanigans; people scrutinizing minor actions, wanting to be hot out the gate with a Day 1 scum lynch. Nothing is jumping out at me as noteworthy.

Meanwhile, as per PalmerRule, I'll leave my vote on Sorian.

cabot

I'm leaning town/town because this is how Burb is, though I'm still not on board with his logic so there's a chance he's a scum and for now my vote stays

El Topo

I honestly don't see any good reason why nin would've picked that avatar. It's such an "In your face" action that I really want to lynch him. It's exactly the kind of thing a mafia player would do, just so he can say "I'm not mafia. Do you really think a mafia player would wear that avatar?" or something like that.

cabot

I honestly don't see any good reason why nin would've picked that avatar. It's such an "In your face" action that I really want to lynch him. It's exactly the kind of thing a mafia player would do, just so he can say "I'm not mafia. Do you really think a mafia player would wear that avatar?" or something like that.

How do you think I feel he called me a racist.

Sorian

Banned
I just realized Tim voted for me. Sorry, the joke was missed.

I'm following the discussion and I'll chime in if I have anything. So far, it looks like usual day 1 shenanigans; people scrutinizing minor actions, wanting to be hot out the gate with a Day 1 scum lynch. Nothing is jumping out at me as noteworthy.

Meanwhile, as per PalmerRule, I'll leave my vote on Sorian.

I feel so loved.

Sorian

Banned
Also, I can confirm with 100% that I know what my role is. I quadruple read it.

that's right, fuck you NX people

<3

You sure? Do I need to make up another form for you to sign just to make sure our day 3 storyline isn't "Ouro is an asshole, wah wah wah, he gave me a bad role"

:p

Kevyt

My fellow Republicans, dirty stinking liberals, I would like to point you towards America's biggest problem. A problem we have ignored for many years, a problem that affects all of us, the noble Republicans as much as the criminal, disgusting, miserable, sickening Democrats. A problem that forces us to set aside our differences and work together, just this once, to make America, no, not just America, to make the world great again.

I call for the elimination of roytheone, also known as 'royroy', 'roy', 'The Dirty Dutchman', 'The Clone Warrior', 'The Disgusting Dalmatian' and 'The Two Day Old Virgin That Died'.

rJNRrjh.gif

Kalor

I never really got that impression from the avatar. It just seemed more like a joke rather than something that they did to mess with us.

Sorian

Banned

I never really got that impression from the avatar. It just seemed more like a joke rather than something that they did to mess with us.

Day 1 Gafia, where we scrutinize avatar selection. Not that I'm saying it's the wrong move to make, nin has done weird things like this before, it just makes me laugh.

kingkitty

I don't know what the evolutionists told you, but it's probably hogwash.

I wonder if the electorate would risk doing an early GOP persona claim. From what I've read (which is little), every republican here has a unique persona. If cabot was the electorate, and he claims to be Ted Cruz, ruh-oh he might end up getting counter-claimed by the real Ted Cruz.

/rubs chin

cabot

I wonder if the electorate would risk doing an early GOP persona claim. From what I've read (which is little), every republican here has a unique persona. If cabot was the electorate, and he claims to be Ted Cruz, ruh-oh he might end up getting counter-claimed by the real Ted Cruz.

/rubs chin

Thank god I didn't breadcrumb this from the start.

Sorian

Banned

/rubs chin

I'm sure Ted Cruz is in the game (though I can't imagine what the PR would be) but are we really thinking that cabot is trying to soft claim it?

Palmer_v1

If we're going after Avatars, there is one person here that clearly needs to be lynched.

Kingkitty.

Why else would we have thrown all those tacks into the East River after we got drunk at a teepee party, if not to overthrow the king of France, Joffrey Baratheon-Lannister?

Also, please vote Ross Perot 2016.

Palmer_v1

Breadcrumbs are a trap. They're just as easily dropped by scum so they can point at it later as part of a fake claim. People are way too trusting about that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom