• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Topo

My fellow Republicans, dirty stinking liberals, I would like to point you towards America's biggest problem. A problem we have ignored for many years, a problem that affects all of us, the noble Republicans as much as the criminal, disgusting, miserable, sickening Democrats. A problem that forces us to set aside our differences and work together, just this once, to make America, no, not just America, to make the world great again.

I call for the elimination of roytheone, also known as 'royroy', 'roy', 'The Dirty Dutchman', 'The Clone Warrior', 'The Disgusting Dalmatian' and 'The Two Day Old Virgin That Died'.

cabot

My fellow Republicans, dirty stinking liberals, I would like to point you towards America's biggest problem. A problem we have ignored for many years, a problem that affects all of us, the noble Republicans as much as the criminal, disgusting, miserable, sickening Democrats. A problem that forces us to set aside our differences and work together, just this once, to make America, no, not just America, to make the world great again.

I call for the elimination of roytheone, also known as 'royroy', 'roy', 'The Dirty Dutchman', 'The Clone Warrior', 'The Disgusting Dalmatian' and 'The Two Day Old Virgin That Died'.

How is The Two Day Old Virgin That Died not a film?

Any man or woman who shares an opinion with a Dutchman is a plague on America. Unpatriotic nonsense from the grass smoking, prostitute endorsing Euro heathens.

Tell me El Topo, who in our group seems to not follow through on God's plan?

I am aware we have Obama in our ranks. Confirmed terrorist and still president. Unbelievable.

He'll be in Guantánamo in two shakes of a crying baby after I'm elected.

roytheone

giphy.gif

Also, you missed the old LoC classic from ONUW2: 'Roy the terrible'. ;)

The judges have made some decisions.

Based purely off of nothing at all aside from the fact that you haven't posted much and I know it's barely been twelve hours but whatever idc. Sue me, indict me, write me up for tax fraud, I'm ready for whatever you people throw at me.

(also Sorian is currently at plurality with 3 and you're at 2 so eh it's nice and symmetrical)

I'm sorry, my dear, but you are up for elimination

VOTE: Kalor

El Topo

Also, you missed the old LoC classic from ONUW2: 'Roy the terrible'. ;)

I don't care about a nickname some loser gave you. Lord of Castamere? Has that guy ever even won a real game? He's not American either. We only know and have and need one Lord in America.

*Splinter

Unrelated to anything, I just had PTSD style flashbacks to my last game, and I've decided how I'll vote today.

I'm tired of arguing with stupid, so today (barring anything interesting/useful happening) I'll vote for whoever prevents the most terrible argument. If nothing sufficiently awful happens in the next 12 hours I'll start posting games for people to suck at.

That is all.

PS: Support our veterans.

cabot

1. LaunchpadMcQ [m]
Launch immediately playing down all fluff is bad in my book. America never underplays fluff. D1 lynch candidate.
2. Hyperactivity [m]
Expresses disdain for me, and I welcome scrutiny.
3. CzarTim [m]
Wanting to cut the Launch cord early, noted. Nothing else noted.
4. SalvaPot [m]
I feel I owe him a day for what happened in NX. Nothing frothing up yet.
5. Sorian [m]
Started off much like I expect, and for that I don't want to D1 him.
6. cabot [m]
Science is wrong. We still have winters, and I have to wear a jacket.
7. Never Forever [m]
Taking the action early. I like early action.
8. Burbeting [m]
He went to bed, and has now woken up and said nothing, despite playing with fruit. D1 lynch candidate.
9. El Topo [m]
I've got my vote on him, currently see no reason to drop it. He's got german ancestry.
10. Kalor [m]
Apparently thinks we will be killed in this debate. Worrisome attitude.
11. Palmer_v1 [m]
Voting for me, and I asked for it. Would consider returning the favour.
12. nin1000 [m]
Obama avatar, liberal views. Thinks government should actually be useful. D1 lynch candidate.
13. bananaspaceprincess [f]
Should be in the kitchen making the man some sandwiches. She's causing great problems with God's will. I will let her live for now, because going for the only woman is going to open me up to twitter backlash.
14. Fireblend [m]
Warmonger patriot numpty. Perfect GOP member so far.
15. *Splinter [m]
I like him, he's reading into things. He will probably be rewarded.
16. kingkitty [m]
I don't like cats. Also has a vote on me. D1 lynch candidate

Burbeting

Banned
Hello hello, I'm awake again.

I somewhat agree with Palmer_v1 that everyone should have a vote cast at all times (although I think I didn't vote for some phases in NX mafia, hmmh).

Almost all posts for the first five pages have been nothing but fluff fluff fluff. I kind of understand it, since there has been no super surprising twists and turns happening like there was in some of the other games during day 1. Only bigger post so far was the early reads Cabot made.. and those aren't not that much contributive either. "I don't like cats, so kingkitty is a day 1 candidate". What?

The reason why I bring Cabot's reads as bit suspicious, is that scum would probs want to look like contributive player from the start, since usually contributive-ish players are left more likely alone during day 1. So scums might want to look like they are contributive to the game, even though they actually aren't.

So for that, I let Cabot be the first to get my vote.

VOTE: Cabot

cabot

I really don't want to spell out what I've been hinting at for a while now, I thought I was unsubtle enough.

As for some silly reads, well yes. It's D1.

kingkitty hasn't actually done anything of note, as with some others.

I felt it was dangerous to do selective reads on people I wanted to note for some useful contributions and ignore others, so a catch all with rubbish reads was the better option.

cabot

I think selective reads would be more suspicious because it would look like I'm deliberately highlighting a select few when there really is so little to make real judgments upon

Burbeting

Banned
I think that as early game as we are now (almost no one has posted anything but fluf), complete reads are pretty much pointless. Usually at this point, I just talk about few noteworthy things that look suspicious in my eyes. There is no point really to make complete reads, where over two thirds of reads are just all bunch of nothing. Looking at your reads, you only really had something noteworthy to say about Launch, CzarTim and Splinter. For everyone else your reads is just more more fluff.

And at this point of the game scum would want to look contributive even by using fluff in his advantage.

cabot

Only bigger post so far was the early reads Cabot made.. and those aren't not that much contributive either. "I don't like cats, so kingkitty is a day 1 candidate". What?

The reason why I bring Cabot's reads as bit suspicious, is that scum would probs want to look like contributive player from the start, since usually contributive-ish players are left more likely alone during day 1. So scums might want to look like they are contributive to the game, even though they actually aren't.

So for that, I let Cabot be the first to get my vote.

Can I also point out why did you select kingkitty from my list? I immediately followed that sentence with he is voting for me currently. That's a pretty decent D1 reason to declare a vote candidate?

I mean banana space princess is no doubt my most ridiculous read by quite some margin, because it's in character and nothing else.

Why kingkitty? he was semi-legit.

cabot

I think that as early game as we are now (almost no one has posted anything but fluf), complete reads are pretty much pointless. Usually at this point, I just talk about few noteworthy things that look suspicious in my eyes. There is no point really to make complete reads, where over two thirds of reads are just all bunch of nothing. Looking at your reads, you only really had something noteworthy to say about Launch, CzarTim and Splinter. For everyone else your reads is just more more fluff.

And at this point of the game scum would want to look contributive even by using fluff in his advantage.

I'll add you because you also seem to ignore fluff.

I used fluff in NX (not confirmed yet because I'm not dead), and also a bit in Archer, seriously. It's not worthless.

VOTE: Burbeting

cabot

Fair dos, it seems we just believe different things. I think just doing reads on a couple of players here would look suspicious and would prefer to do everyone at once to get a bit of discussion going, you seem to believe the exact opposite.

You've been wrong about me before though, I'll highlight that.

Burbeting

Banned
Can I also point out why did you select kingkitty from my list? I immediately followed that sentence with he is voting for me currently. That's a pretty decent D1 reason to declare a vote candidate?

I mean banana space princess is no doubt my most ridiculous read by quite some margin, because it's in character and nothing else.

Why kingkitty? he was semi-legit.

Well you see, I don't think just because someone is voting for you is good enough reason to wan to lynch said person yourself, especially since you gave no other reason (if we ignore the fact that you don't like cats).

In my eyes, that's more like revenge-voting, which is something that I usually think is closer to scum-like behaviour. So no, I don't think that's a good D1 reason. It's more like bad scum reason.

*Splinter

I don't want to suggest 'OMGUS' because I think that's laziest, weakest kind of reasoning. But Cabot is definitely squirming under the lightest of pressure.

On the other hand Burb seems to be actively discouraging participation, I can't agree with his position.

Neither of you did anything astoundingly stupid though. My heart sings.

cabot

I wouldn't say I'm squirming,

Two votes were on me before and I didn't bat an eye.

I'm reacting to Burb's reaction.

Burbeting

Banned
I guess the question here is that we seem to stand on two different philosophies about the case.

I don't say I discourage participation, but I will say that participation should be done just for participations sake. When you write reads, I expect there to be actually something to be said about most of the players.

In Cabot's reads, there wasn't. He could have easily just written about the players he wanted to talk about, and the town wouldn't have most likely batted an eye, because everyone else has been posting fluff anyway for now. Instead now it looks Cabot's reads look more like he wants to look like contributive by writing about everyone... but not actually saying really anything about anyone. It's a good way for Scum to look contributive, which I why I'm suspicious.

cabot

I mean we did turn the game from mostly flavour fluff to actual mafia, so I think we can both pat ourselves on the back whilst staring wearily into each other's eyes at the same time.

...It's an awkward scene. I'm picturing it in a sauna to level it out.

*Splinter

I guess the question here is that we seem to stand on two different philosophies about the case.

I don't say I discourage participation, but I will say that participation should be done just for participations sake. When you write reads, I expect there to be actually something to be said about most of the players.

In Cabot's reads, there wasn't. He could have easily just written about the players he wanted to talk about, and the town wouldn't have most likely batted an eye, because everyone else has been posting fluff anyway for now. Instead now it looks Cabot's reads look more like he wants to look like contributive by writing about everyone... but not actually saying really anything about anyone. It's a good way for Scum to look contributive, which I why I'm suspicious.
I'm not saying your point is entirely without merit, but the main reason it looks that way is because you've painted it that way

Re: participation for participation's sake, at this stage there's not really much that can be done. Most people have posted barely anything of use, so there's not really much to be said about them, but I recognise the desperation to have something, anything to say that's vaguely substantive to push the game forward into a game of actual mafia, as opposed to some bizarro role-play. We only have forty-eight hours in our day phase and already a quarter of the time has gone. The ball needs to start rolling pretty sharpish.

I think that cabot draws a lot of attention to himself in officially making the first 'list' of the game, whereas I would normally expect scum to maybe start doing that sort of thing when more people start doing it and they want to blend in a bit more with the flow of discussion without changing things up.

I see where Burbeting is coming from, but I'm more Town-leaning on cabot than anything.

nin1000

Banned
12. nin1000 [m]
Obama avatar, liberal views. Thinks government should actually be useful. D1 lynch candidate.

You racist! I knew you would go after us blacks! You will feel the wrath of all those who were suppressed by your views.
1381371576_JHJWZhP5QfmsiEwRsBPx_Obama_change_08.jpg

My fellow Americans join me in changing America to a better place.
#Change

VOTE:cabot

You racist! I knew you would go after us blacks! You will feel the wrath of all those who were suppressed by your views.
1381371576_JHJWZhP5QfmsiEwRsBPx_Obama_change_08.jpg

My fellow Americans join me in changing America to a better place.
#Change

VOTE:cabot
You know who accuses other people of racism? RACISTS!

VOTE: nin1000

13. bananaspaceprincess [f]
Should be in the kitchen making the man some sandwiches. She's causing great problems with God's will. I will let her live for now, because going for the only woman is going to open me up to twitter backlash.

I do comprehend your reasoning but obviously every government needs at least one woman to meet women's quota. Therefore I'm juggling my 5 children, my husband, go to church three hours every Sunday and am still dedicate to serve my country.

Bless you Americans!

200.gif

El Topo

Cabot seems awfully active and talkative this time, engaging in fluff and throwing around accusations, as well as making pointless lists that might serve as a distraction for us. Gives a very different feel from last time.

cabot

Please continue to tell me about pointlessness, El Topo.

Considering you ignored my call out:

Tell me El Topo, who in our group seems to not follow through on God's plan?

I am aware we have Obama in our ranks. Confirmed terrorist and still president. Unbelievable.

He'll be in Guantánamo in two shakes of a crying baby after I'm elected.

El Topo

Going over his first day posts from the Archer game, maybe cabot is just doing his thing, but it definitely feels to me like he's taking a different approach. I don't know, I'm not accusing him yet, he's just giving me bad vibes. Maybe we'll know more later.

The most suspicious defense is the one that attacks the accuser, but doesn't rebut the accusations, cabot. I'm not opposed to fluff or insanity, as should be obvious by now, never have been, though I had to restrain myself in the very first Gafia game.

Why I didn't respond to you? No particular reason. You're all suspects for now. Maybe some more than others, joining this game with an Obama avatar for example is almost like a "They'll think it is too obvious!" joke, but there's nothing conclusive yet.

cabot

The most suspicious defense is the one that attacks the accuser, but doesn't rebut the accusations, cabot. I'm not opposed to fluff or insanity, as should be obvious by now, never have been, though I had to restrain myself in the very first Gafia game.

Well we're all playing by delightfully different rules, because Splinter brought me defending myself against Burb up as a suspicion point.

I don't want to suggest 'OMGUS' because I think that's laziest, weakest kind of reasoning. But Cabot is definitely squirming under the lightest of pressure.

Does that make me suspicious squared?

All I've done is cut down the fluff and entered some Mafia discussion. Truly horrifying behaviour. I would really recommend against putting all your votes on me currently though, looking for other targets will pay off.

Fireblend

Banned
Dear fellow debatees, I'm back from my patriotic power nap.

(...) I am collecting my powers just for now
a755493cf94ce62b0d96cacf1e70de783.jpg

Dude, I really, really think you're at the wrong debate...

Anyway, I see some interesting things have happened, or at least as interesting as they can be on a Blarg-less, Kark-less D1. Burb's argument against Cabot is fascinating, but I think it's hardly conclusive and we shouldn't let ourselves be carried away by mere conjectures. If we did, we would believe on global warming, or the moon causing the tides, hah!

On a more serious note, I don't think Kalor has posted ever since I voted for him (someone correct me if I'm wrong!) so my vote is staying right where I put it.

El Topo

Well we're all playing by delightfully different rules, because Splinter brought me defending myself against Burb up as a suspicion point.

Eh, it only got people more suspicious of me when I defended myself, so who knows? Personally I really dislike it if someone ignores accusations (even or especially ridiculously stupid ones), but it's probably a reasonable move. You don't want to draw attention to accusations, no matter how dumb, I guess that makes sense.

*Splinter

For the record I also dislike people ignoring accusations, I just felt Cab slightly overreacted and it gave me more pause than the posts he was originally accused for.

But I'm glad we're mostly over the role playing stage, I can't RP for shit

Palmer_v1

No idea why nin felt it necessary to make a soft claim already. Please don't claim anything unless it is a last resort to avoid lynching, and even then, don't wait until the last 15 minutes.

Looking back through the player list, Kalor is currently the player who has stood out the least to me. Not reading scum, but I'd prefer to have a few more posts to work from.

Vote: Kalor

Palmer_v1

No idea why nin felt it necessary to make a soft claim already. Please don't claim anything unless it is a last resort to avoid lynching, and even then, don't wait until the last 15 minutes.

Looking back through the player list, Kalor is currently the player who has stood out the least to me. Not reading scum, but I'd prefer to have a few more posts to work from.

Vote: Kalor

Actually, he did do something I find scummy. Hid behind RNG on his vote.

Fireblend

Banned
I have literally nothing to offer right now. I'll hop on something if something pops out at me, but so far, nada.

Imagining a GOP candidate saying these exact words at the beginning of a debate is gold.

Anyone know what timezone Kalor is in? I'm starting to believe there's nothing in his podium other than a cardboard cutout of himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom