• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons |OT| Just scratching the surface

Mr. Bad Example

Neo Member
well for that build don't you think you should at least have mine launchers? something to go along with the middle finger lol.

I tried mines for a while, but it's really just a lot easier to submit to interdiction, start boosting away, and then jump again. I sometimes get a few hits on my shields, but most of the time I'm gone before they do any real damage.

joecanada

Anyone else tried stacking skimmer missions? checked out a youtube video from a guy who was doing 40 million per hour doing these at okaforar dock, but I went there last night and couldn't get them to spawn, it looks like the economy hit a boom and kind of changed the mission states....

but if we could find another system doing them it looked pretty good. what you do is basically take 20 skimmer missions all against the same few factions from all the factions at one station........ Then they actually satisfy each other.... so say you have a mission from faction 1, 2, 3, 4 against faction A, B. you will complete missions for all factions for destroying X number of skimmers of A, B.

Grief.exe

Is it worth it to start doing sothis runs in my asp explorer?

That's where I started, just make sure to utilize the cargo hold effectively and you can stack 18-20 million per run in cargo alone.

Honestly, it's a relatively quick progression path between Asp > Python > Anaconda.

Bubba77

That's where I started, just make sure to utilize the cargo hold effectively and you can stack 18-20 million per run in cargo alone.

Honestly, it's a relatively quick progression path between Asp > Python > Anaconda.

When people talk about sothis runs. Do they mean pickup missions at sothis and go straight to ceos? Or is this stopping in between to pickup missions and all that along the way.

Or am i doing data plus buying a certain material and trucking it to ceos?

Grief.exe

When people talk about sothis runs. Do they mean pickup missions at sothis and go straight to ceos? Or is this stopping in between to pickup missions and all that along the way.

Or am i doing data plus buying a certain material and trucking it to ceos?

I had a larger write up earlier, but basically you want to fly to Ceos stack data missions that take you to Sothis while simultaneously stacking cargo missions back to the bubble. These cargo missions are generally the most lucrative per weight around the 8-20 unit range.
After you've exhausted your options in Ceos, jump to Sothis and repeat.

Bubba77

I had a larger write up earlier, but basically you want to fly to Ceos stack data missions that take you to Sothis while simultaneously stacking cargo missions back to the bubble. These cargo missions are generally the most lucrative per weight around the 8-20 unit range.
After you've exhausted your options in Ceos, jump to Sothis and repeat.

Got it. Because im still new at 70 hours! The bubble is which systems? Around sol?

Sibylus

Banned
Still in top 25% for the explosives CG and haven't delivered anything beyond the 2.4k tonnes I shipped that one day. Two more tiers to go. Thinking I'll top up to stay in that zone to get a nice payout (6.5 million credits atm).

joecanada

Got it. Because im still new at 70 hours! The bubble is which systems? Around sol?

most are around the bottom part of the bubble so about 400 ly straight "northeast" of Sothis.... theres a decent amount of scoopable stars never run into a problem. For those of you just starting these I recommend thinking about taking a discovery scanner and banking exploration data to sell at engineers... one sothis run can net you about 200K in exploration data if you use the infinite one, its a pretty small price for what you get out of it.... although sadly it takes a while to make it's money back (because exploration is terrible money lol). however in this case I feel its free money or engineer rep because you are making the trip anyway.

Yep same, I could run my asp weaponless and gain like 2ly but having 6 multicannons is just something that keeps me feeling comfortable.

yes that is okay for a nice asp but when you have a python and its laden jump range is under 15, you would do anything to even hit 17 lol.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
The AspX really is a great little ship. I enjoyed it a lot.

90% of my hundreds of hours playing Elite have been spent flying the Asp Explorer. I love the thing. Although the Courier is rapidly becoming a very strong second favorite, this little ship is great fun to fly.

The AspX really is a great little ship. I enjoyed it a lot.

Little is a relative term, I suppose. :p

1tHPufU.jpg

Sibylus

Banned
Is there any chance burning lumps will be landable in October? I know they have an early atmosphere, but with volcanism coming and all...

I found a burning protoworld too. I was disappointed when I couldn't land.

Is there any chance burning lumps will be landable in October? I know they have an early atmosphere, but with volcanism coming and all...

I found a burning protoworld too. I was disappointed when I couldn't land.

There will be planets with volcanism that have no atmosphere so we should be able to land on those.

Grief.exe

I think I increased my jump range?

Went down to the engineer, paid the wake items I scanned, then some bars went off. I'm going to have to look into this more.

joecanada

I think I increased my jump range?

Went down to the engineer, paid the wake items I scanned, then some bars went off. I'm going to have to look into this more.

This is the correct way to rng.... Just don't give a f##& . Lol .

You can view your modded modules in the right panel I believe.

Or even easier if you're at a station compare yours to a new one same model you'll notice yours is ...better hopefully

Finally had a chance to map my PS4 controller for the SRV and take it out for spin on a salvage mission. Shit is really fun to jump around like a madman . Planet was low grav so I could get some legit flight time on the hills. Also it's pretty cool to see you ship depart the surface leaving you alone on the planet.

Dizzy-4U

"- Flight Landing Overrides conflicts with Targeting, Cooling, Weapons etc. fixed"

Nice! Not being able to use the bumpers anymore was driving me nuts.

DrBo42

FireyToad just went to a system with a neutron and white dwarf next to each other. Not sure about the visual effect. Hopefully it's a bug.

2fa95fbd11.jpg

JambiBum

@DrBo

Not sure if that's a bug. A lot of people on reddit in the beta thread really like it and I think it's what they are supposed to look like but I could be wrong.

Also, here comes the transfer timer garbage. This timer is for only 140lys. Price isn't that bad though.

Bubba77

After 27 jumps in my asp explorer im finally at ceos. Holy crap people arent kidding about how many data missions there are especially if logging in and out. After 1 run back and forth i already got offered a 3.5 million credit missions to "snake" some illegal goods between sothis and ceos. Luckily i didnt get scanned. Quickest 3m i have ever made!

- Untargetted collector limpets will not target items owned by their player

If this means I can jettison crap to make room for valuable ore without having to fight my limpets, thank you Jesus Braben.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Just flew my 20 ly range Corvette through a White Dwarf energy jet to supercharge it... Took 3% FSD damage.

f2678f491b.jpg

Okay, so what is your Corvette’s normal jump range? Or rather, how much of an increase is that over normal? It looks to be about 4 or 5 times more than a Corvette can normally jump, if that’s true then my 50+ly Asp would be able to jump something like 200 – 250 lys when supercharged?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, it's a bug, the boost is currently much more than intended in beta. :(

Zac Antonaci said:
Hello Commanders!

A quick update about the FSD boost from Neutron stars/White Dwarfs.

Unfortunately there was a number mix up, which has made the boost way more powerful than was intended. The actual boost benefit, which should be in Beta 2 will bestow 25% extra range, still a significant benefit.

Also, there is a known bug in it – it overrides any synthesis benefit, and the fix is lined up for Beta 3.

Once Beta 3 drops, your FSD will retain the highest boost benefit out of synthesis and ejection cone boost.

DrBo42

Okay, so what is your Corvette’s normal jump range? Or rather, how much of an increase is that over normal? It looks to be about 4 or 5 times more than a Corvette can normally jump, if that’s true then my 50+ly Asp would be able to jump something like 200 – 250 lys when supercharged?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, it's a bug, the boost is currently much more than intended in beta. :(

Man I typed what my normal range was above the photo lol. Mengy pls.

Also, fuuuuck that nerf. 25%? Come on.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Commodity storage would be nice too.

They are afraid adding that would have potential exploitable issues with the commodity market, but what they should do, which would be non-exploitable is allow banking commodities with engineers with no ability to withdraw. Problem solved.

Volimar

So all those concerned that it would be too easy to ship transfer to Jaques Station, no worries it costs almost 8 billion and it will take a month. I guess based on that, transfer times are much longer than a player making the trip themselves.

From here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/53my06/ship_transfer_to_jaques_think_again/

Fuuuuuuuuuck that. I was hoping I could make the trip in my stripped down aspX and maybe call my conda when I get there.

Top Bottom