• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons |OT| Just scratching the surface

joecanada

20 missions and all 408 tons accounted for. It's a time investment to get stack the missions and another one to deliver. I did another one today for another 80 million.

oh sorry I meant engineering rolls, that was you right? if you have 8 rolls is there a target you go for? like did you just do the full 8 and then go "meh" or did you hit paydirt on roll 6? did you have a reference or guide?

The FDL is pretty nimble especially for it's size, speed and fire power but if you're used to something like the Vulture it will feel step down in that department. The Vulture is a joy to fly, if only it had a bit more straight line speed.

Sibylus

Banned
VICTORY!!!!!!!!!

OZ3Lkqw.gif

Nice!

oh sorry I meant engineering rolls, that was you right? if you have 8 rolls is there a target you go for? like did you just do the full 8 and then go "meh" or did you hit paydirt on roll 6? did you have a reference or guide?

Oh I had 8 chemical manipulators. I still have some arsenic and datamined wake scans but I ran out of chemical manipulators. Every roll uses the resources required, once I ran out of rolls I kept the best I got.

http://inara.cz/galaxy-blueprint/2

Jedi2016

Oh wait so you can select from multiple rolls? How do you do that ?
No, you can't select the "best one". The only option to really do that is to apply every roll you get until it gets to the point where all the rolls are lower than what you already have.

What I've done so far is to roll a few times until I get one that's "decent" (upper-middle of what I want), apply it, and then continue to roll until the option I want goes up, then apply it, rinse, repeat until I run out of materials.

Right now I'm saving up for Dirty Drive Tuning, but I might go back to Farseer at some point before my next jaunt to see if I can get another half light year or something out of my FSD.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Oh man.. and here I am thinking my FDL isn't that agile.. lol. I'm going to have to put nothing but turrets on my Anaconda or I'll never hit anything.

Lol what are you comparing your FdL to that makes you think it isn't agile? The FdL moves like a ship that it's half it's size.

I can out maneuver a lot more than I should in it.

Eh, I don't mind a few more jumps to be able to maneuver better.

A-grade only provides about 15% better pitch. If you're not using it for combat, keep D thrusters. In many cases, even combat big ship commanders prefer D's for the weight savings which counter the performance loss for the most part.

joecanada

Ok so I'm back but still with the same problem. Want to clear bounty but I don't think theres actually a way. Can't dock in the hostile stations at all. They do not allow docking at all , request is denied and fire on sight. So no spawn from station means no bounty clear it just goes to dormant. So even if I were scanned in a hostile system it wouldn't turn to fine but I couldn't pay it off anyway because no docking. So I guess the system is dead to me lol.

DrBo42

Ok so I'm back but still with the same problem. Want to clear bounty but I don't think theres actually a way. Can't dock in the hostile stations at all. They do not allow docking at all , request is denied and fire on sight. So no spawn from station means no bounty clear it just goes to dormant. So even if I were scanned in a hostile system it wouldn't turn to fine but I couldn't pay it off anyway because no docking. So I guess the system is dead to me lol.

You can just switch to a sidewinder and self destruct. Game is that broken when it comes to bounties.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Welp, I handed in about 5000 tons for the Colonia CG, and now in anticipation for 2.2 I've traded in my Anaconda for an Orca. I've been waiting for passenger missions for RP-ish reasons for so long, but for now I'll just haul bits of cargo and maybe do some engineer upgrades on it.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I've not touched Solo. I mean I read that the Mobius group on the OP was really popular. I have no idea where to play really.

I play pretty much exclusively in private groups, either Mobius or Fleetcom. I played for over a year in open but after a few encounters with hackers, and upon finding out that Frontier doesn't really do anything to discourage it, well I now stay out of open.

Volimar

I play pretty much exclusively in private groups, either Mobius or Fleetcom. I played for over a year in open but after a few encounters with hackers, and upon finding out that Frontier doesn't really do anything to discourage it, well I now stay out of open.

What's Fleetcom all about?

joecanada

You can just switch to a sidewinder and self destruct. Game is that broken when it comes to bounties.

Ive looked into that, but that wont work because you aren't spawning in the station that you owe the bounties to, or do you mean that self-destruct is different than being killed?
because I've been scanned, killed, shot by the stations, everything (except I haven't tried self - destruct) and nothing gets rid of these bounties (and wanted status) . they just cycle between active and dormant.

..... but I will try the self-destruct method tonight , thanks.

Volimar

Ive looked into that, but that wont work because you aren't spawning in the station that you owe the bounties to, or do you mean that self-destruct is different than being killed?
because I've been scanned, killed, shot by the stations, everything (except I haven't tried self - destruct) and nothing gets rid of these bounties (and wanted status) . they just cycle between active and dormant.

..... but I will try the self-destruct method tonight , thanks.

If you die they go dormant and stay dormant until you're caught breaking the law again, then they go active with your most recent crime added on. However, if you keep your nose clean for (I think) a week, the dormant bounty turns into a fine, you pay it, it goes away, and you get on with life. But I think every time you goof up and end up active again it resets the clock.

If you self destruct tonight, you'll just go dormant.

joecanada

If you die they go dormant and stay dormant until you're caught breaking the law again, then they go active with your most recent crime added on. However, if you keep your nose clean for (I think) a week, the dormant bounty turns into a fine, you pay it, it goes away, and you get on with life. But I think every time you goof up and end up active again it resets the clock.

If you self destruct tonight, you'll just go dormant.

ah ok that's what I thought. So legacy fine it is then? alrighty then as long as I know, thanks!

Dizzy-4U

Saw that on Obsidian Ant's video. Looks good, though I don't care much about a picture I probably won't see very much.
I remember when I spent like an hour creating my character in EVE with amazing detail like pores in the skin and stuff like that.....only to end up being a small png portrait on the top left portion of the screen. Such a dissapointment. I wonder if they ever expanded on that, haven't touched EVE in 2 or 3 years.

kennah

Man seeing those lego parts I want to rebuild those sets. Looks like they are from your collection - http://brickset.com/sets?query=BLACKTRON

<3 <3 I really need to check if those are complete in my collection :D
you're going to hate me a little.

I got about 20,000 pieces, mostly from that era, for $10 at a garage sale.

I will have to look up those instructions so we can make some of those sets though! The only instructions that it came with was some kinda giant robot.

Still making my way back home with 7% hull integrity thanks to my dog. Jumped into a system and my worst nightmare happens. I end up just barley grazing two of these bastards and barely made it away from the big bastard in time to avoid overheating.

Spun around and well... damn:

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Aw yeah, Jon Pace from the UI team confirmed that we are getting a compass for planetary surface flight with 2.2! It will be in the next beta update.

It may seem like a small thing, but man have I been longing for this for a long time. Trying to find specific coordinates on surfaces right now is super tedious.

Volimar

"I'mma scan every unclaimed star and planet!"

half hour later

"I'mma scan anything that isn't an ice ball!"

half hour later

"I'm not scanning anything further than 1000 ls..."

half hour later

"No earthlikes? Fuck this system."

joecanada

Is there like a fundamental difference in the way you land on planets with that fat walrus of an anaconda? It seemed to keep falling out of supercruise early and wouldn't glide worth shit ... Had to fly boosting from 100km out what a bore lol .

Cobra pulls out of orbital at 25 km but anaconda seemed to at about 35

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
"I'mma scan every unclaimed star and planet!"

half hour later

"I'mma scan anything that isn't an ice ball!"

half hour later

"I'm not scanning anything further than 1000 ls..."

half hour later

"No earthlikes? Fuck this system."

"I'm only 5000ly away from the bubble? Honk, scoop, and move on."

I made a quick exploration trip some 500ly away from the bubble in the middle of some boring nowhere region, mostly to get my dirty footprint on the galactic map. Got a couple of dozen first discoveries with three systems. It was kind of fun and got me to top 50% on the exploration CG, but I doubt I'll be making any longer trips without some added incentive or goal. Tourist trips look like a good addition, but exploration needs something more.

Aw yeah, Jon Pace from the UI team confirmed that we are getting a compass for planetary surface flight with 2.2! It will be in the next beta update.

It may seem like a small thing, but man have I been longing for this for a long time. Trying to find specific coordinates on surfaces right now is super tedious.

it damn sure is. good to hear.

Dizzy-4U

ENASRfc.png

Grade 5 FSD get! Not too bad for the Conda I think. It's mostly for Sothis runs so everything else is d-rated. I have nothing to compare it to so I don't know how decent it is.

I could use the other engineers to reduce the optimised mass in other components but nah, I think I'm good. Not gonna waste upgrade materials in d-stuff.

Bubba77

ENASRfc.png

Grade 5 FSD get! Not too bad for the Conda I think. It's mostly for Sothis runs so everything else is d-rated. I have nothing to compare it to so I don't know how decent it is.

I could use the other engineers to reduce the optimised mass in other components but nah, I think I'm good. Not gonna waste upgrade materials in d-stuff.

Wow very nice. Whats best way to obtain upgrade materials? My conda needs better thsn 24 jump range...

Dizzy-4U

Wow very nice. Whats best way to obtain upgrade materials? My conda needs better thsn 24 jump range...
I did this:

FRAME SHIFT DRIVE - INCREASED FSD RANGE (GRADE 4)

1x Chemical Distillery (dropped from hauler and type-7, nav beacons in anarchy system)

1x Eccentric Hyperspace Trajectories (use wake scanner outside a station and analize wake signals)

1x Manganese (Deciat - Planet Deciat 4. Use Scarab to gather)

1x Energy Grid Assembly (LSH 1228 - Cooper City Station. Buy in Commodities)

FRAME SHIFT DRIVE - INCREASED FSD RANGE (GRADE 5)

1x  Arsenic (Deciat - Planet Deciat 4. Use Scarab to gather)

1x  Chemical Manipulators (dropped from hauler and type-7, nav beacons in anarchy system)

1x  Datamined Wake Exceptions (use wake scanner outside a station and analize wake signals)

1x  Magnetic Emitter Coil (Aasgaa - Steiner Platform. Buy in Commodities)

It looks like a lot but it's not that bad really. Even though the FSD 4 and FSD 5 materials are different, they can be obtained doing the same thing. So kill type-7s, analize wake signals and gather minerals with the Scarab. The commodities you have to buy in different system, but they are not too far apart. Leave the commodities for last since you'll be killing in an anarchy system and if they scan you with cargo, they'll open fire on you.

Bubba77

I did this:

FRAME SHIFT DRIVE - INCREASED FSD RANGE (GRADE 4)

1x Chemical Distillery (dropped from hauler and type-7, nav beacons in anarchy system)

1x Eccentric Hyperspace Trajectories (use wake scanner outside a station and analize wake signals)

1x Manganese (Deciat - Planet Deciat 4. Use Scarab to gather)

1x Energy Grid Assembly (LSH 1228 - Cooper City Station. Buy in Commodities)

FRAME SHIFT DRIVE - INCREASED FSD RANGE (GRADE 5)

1x  Arsenic (Deciat - Planet Deciat 4. Use Scarab to gather)

1x  Chemical Manipulators (dropped from hauler and type-7, nav beacons in anarchy system)

1x  Datamined Wake Exceptions (use wake scanner outside a station and analize wake signals)

1x  Magnetic Emitter Coil (Aasgaa - Steiner Platform. Buy in Commodities)

It looks like a lot but it's not that bad really. Even though the FSD 4 and FSD 5 materials are different, they can be obtained doing the same thing. So kill type-7s, analize wake signals and gather minerals with the Scarab. The commodities you have to buy in different system, but they are not too far apart. Leave the commodities for last since you'll be killing in an anarchy system and if they scan you with cargo, they'll open fire on you.

Thanks for all that. That seems like a lot of work! My anaconda isnt really outfitted for combat right now so I guess Ill need to upgrade. Also I think I need an elite break. Ive been playing non stop in my grind for the anaconda. Now that I have it its almost anticlimatic!

Or even better, you can troll any solo griefer like mad if you just reduce your speed to 0 in super cruise and always keep your nose towards them. Drives them mad when they are constantly overshooting you and can never get behind you to actually use their interdictor and pull you out of supercruise. Bonus points if you make fun of them in the chat while doing so.

I'm always learning something when I come into this thread.

Top Bottom