• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons |OT| Just scratching the surface

DrBo42

Entered the wrong Conflict Zone at LHS 2441 and all of a sudden...

Capital class signature detected

Federation Farragut Class Battlecruiser rips through warp in front of me

Think oh man, that's fucking awesome first time I've see...

Imperial Majestic Class Interdictor rips through warp right next to the Fed ship.

All hell breaks loose.

How is this not a mission? Sigh.

Volimar

QzfLJq3.jpg

~Cross~

There was another video there that people didnt link, apparently when you jump in the npc following you also gets pulled out of hyperspace. The npc will then reboot before you can and proceed to try and fry you, thats when the Thargoid jumps in and nukes it.

If the first person was also carrying UAs or barnicles, its probably the thargoid was actually protecting its kids.

Volimar

I need to know where this is and how to trigger it... my Asp stands ready, it can get there in no time.

Go to HIP 17403, body A4A, co-ordinates -34 -141

That's one of the alien crash sites and one of the most reliable ways to get an unknown artifact.

Grab one and then head for systems in the Pleiades.

One of the vid locations is aries dark region xu-o b6-3. As far as I can tell it's kind of random so you just have to keep jumping around and hope you get pulled out of witch space.

Note, you'll take periodic toxic damage to your systems with an Unknown Artifact in your hold, but it'll take a while to be anything serious.

Good luck Commanders!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
WOAH, that looks and sounds really freaking awesome!!!!! O_O

I guess winter really is here!!!!! Man the art and sound guys for this game are surreal, like some of the best I've ever seen in a video game.

Volimar

A couple commanders have said that meta-alloys work for getting interdicted as well.

Edit: Now some in the Canonn group are saying you don't need a UA or meta-alloy.

obviously someone tried attacking it. lol. I'm dumb.

imagine if that was what would initiate the next level of this, I guess it still could be, but then in my dream world no one tries attacking and we would live happily together with the thargoids forever

SmartBase

New data discovered from aliens can only mean one thing...CG powered plot device! Oh wait, we're still waiting for resolution from the previous one.

Can we kill them? I'm only Dangerous combat rank after all.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Go to HIP 17403, body A4A, co-ordinates -34 -141

That's one of the alien crash sites and one of the most reliable ways to get an unknown artifact.

Grab one and then head for systems in the Pleiades.

One of the vid locations is aries dark region xu-o b6-3. As far as I can tell it's kind of random so you just have to keep jumping around and hope you get pulled out of witch space.

Note, you'll take periodic toxic damage to your systems with an Unknown Artifact in your hold, but it'll take a while to be anything serious.

Good luck Commanders!

Alright I'm geared up and good to go.

About 65 jumps between me and HIP 17403 but me and my Keelback are ready to go.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Entered the wrong Conflict Zone at LHS 2441 and all of a sudden...

Federation Farragut Class Battlecruiser rips through warp in front of me

Think oh man, that's fucking awesome first time I've see...

Imperial Majestic Class Interdictor rips through warp right next to the Fed ship.

All hell breaks loose.

How is this not a mission? Sigh.
The fact that it just happens is what makes it great, would make it feel too scripted and as a result, less organic if it was a mission which would run counter the point of the game

DrBo42

The fact that it just happens is what makes it great, would make it feel too scripted and as a result, less organic if it was a mission which would run counter the point of the game

While I get the special feel of when it happens, there's no great gameplay to make it go beyond that "Woah!" moment of when they rip through warp. They're lame when it comes to fighting them.

Top Bottom