• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons |OT| Just scratching the surface

SmartBase

So you think Frontier won't add some love to exploration later down the line!? lol They can't acutally do everything at once! I don't share your pessimism at all...

Also, we don't have the details of everything they are adding with each updates.

This game is a 5-10 year plan.

If it really takes a few years to make exploration into something more than pointing and scanning then I have to question how Frontier is allocating their development resources.

DrBo42

If it really takes a few years to make exploration into something more than pointing and scanning then I have to question how Frontier is allocating their development resources.

Yeah, for real. Absurd that they still haven't made any changes to it.

~Cross~

I belive that changing the underlying mechanic could add quiet a bit more. Atm you "honk" (advanced discovery scanner) and the whole system is revealed on the system map. IMO it would be a lot more challenging and fun if the honk always had limited range and otherwise worked more like hte SRV scanner. Displaying waves that lead to the planets of a system. That would make the process of finding a planet actually engaging. In return howver, I think the payout for planets ought to be increased across the board. There must be some motivation to scan even the last moon of that distant gas giant. These are currently ignored by the more efficient explorers. And why wouldn't they, if all they give in return are a few thousand pitiful credits?

This is probably the only meaningful idea I've heard about improving planet scanning and I'm pretty sure people would go ballistic if you removed advanced scanners. Most of the changes people want are only to make things more convenient or easy, not to make things even more difficult, even if you increase the payouts.

Having the scanner work like the SRVs would make it more engaging, being able to focus the angle of scans to improve the signal till you figure out where the planet is would also make a good addition to the SRV idea. Then when you are in the general vicinity you do a short range all direction scan to pinpoint where it is. Then having to physically go into the planet to detect more of its composition instead of just using a scanner.

All of this would make exploring more engaging. It'll also make it more time consuming and therefore "tedious". Would people actually like these changes?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
This is probably the only meaningful idea I've heard about improving planet scanning and I'm pretty sure people would go ballistic if you removed advanced scanners. Most of the changes people want are only to make things more convenient or easy, not to make things even more difficult, even if you increase the payouts.

Uh,no, I don't think I've ever read anyone suggesting to make exploration easier. In fact most explorers would love for their to be more risk out there from stellar objects. There are actually a ton of good suggestions on the official forums on how to improve the state of exploration gameplay, things like:

• add objects to scan on planet surfaces which can be turned into Cartography for credits and exploration rank just like we do now from the ship in space
  • add special commodities (that can be sold) which can only be found on planet surfaces, give explorers a reason to put cargo space in their ships
  • give players a credit bonus for completely exploring a system, this encourages scanning even the asteroids and balls too
  • add exploration missions to the game, and even "treasure hunt" missions asking you to find things in regions or areas
  • finally add the orrrery system map that FDev has been wanting to put in the game since before release
  • add more stellar effects to be scanned, stuff like comets, rogue planets, ancient alien stuff, and other special things to discover and scan
  • add HUD modes to the game, where explorers can have relevant information to them displayed instead of stuff they never use in supercruise, things like current system star type, more planetary info in the HUD, anything that negates us having to go into the system map so often
  • commanders log, allow us to make notes on each system and save them in game
  • add a feature to the station cartography screen (or even the in ship gal map) that allows us to view a galaxy map where all of our tagged systems with our name in them can be viewed and displayed. Also allow us to see what has and has not been "discovered" by humans in the galaxy, helps to plan exploration trips
  • system bookmarks
  • Dark Systems, or systems with no star that is only visible on the galaxy map when you are within a certain ly distance from it
  • fuel dumping. Allow us to discard fuel to gain jump range when we need to.
  • add solar flares to the game, putting some random danger into fuel scooping

Pomerlaw

What is destroying Capital ships?

https://imgur.com/a/7IAmY

UMX78mD.png

Scary!

Mengy

Is this only wear and tear on the yellow ASP or is this a special paint shop?

That's not an Asp, the yellow ship is a Type-6. And yeah it looks beat up, but that's just normal wear and tear on the paintjob. It normally gets fixed when you hit "repair all" in any station but when out exploring for long periods of time the paint can get shoddy looking. I suspect by the time I get my Asp back into civilized space it's gonna look just as bad...

RedSwirl

Actually I was just about to ask this (I may have already asked before). Right now is there any reason for someone with a pure exploration built to get Horizons?

Uh,no, I don't think I've ever read anyone suggesting to make exploration easier. In fact most explorers would love for their to be more risk out there from stellar objects. There are actually a ton of good suggestions on the official forums on how to improve the state of exploration gameplay, things like:

• add objects to scan on planet surfaces which can be turned into Cartography for credits and exploration rank just like we do now from the ship in space
  • add special commodities (that can be sold) which can only be found on planet surfaces, give explorers a reason to put cargo space in their ships
  • give players a credit bonus for completely exploring a system, this encourages scanning even the asteroids and balls too
  • add exploration missions to the game, and even "treasure hunt" missions asking you to find things in regions or areas
  • finally add the orrrery system map that FDev has been wanting to put in the game since before release
  • add more stellar effects to be scanned, stuff like comets, rogue planets, ancient alien stuff, and other special things to discover and scan
  • add HUD modes to the game, where explorers can have relevant information to them displayed instead of stuff they never use in supercruise, things like current system star type, more planetary info in the HUD, anything that negates us having to go into the system map so often
  • commanders log, allow us to make notes on each system and save them in game
  • add a feature to the station cartography screen (or even the in ship gal map) that allows us to view a galaxy map where all of our tagged systems with our name in them can be viewed and displayed. Also allow us to see what has and has not been "discovered" by humans in the galaxy, helps to plan exploration trips
  • system bookmarks
  • Dark Systems, or systems with no star that is only visible on the galaxy map when you are within a certain ly distance from it
  • fuel dumping. Allow us to discard fuel to gain jump range when we need to.
  • add solar flares to the game, putting some random danger into fuel scooping

These are all excellent suggestions. Really, I just want more stuff to scan.

Spotting planets before I got the advanced scanner was unnecessarily time-consuming. The issue there is Frontier couldn't really design a challenge or "system" to finding planets without scanning them. You had the moving dots trick but that was it. It should have been something more similar to how real astronomers spot planets and objects within our own solar system, but I don't know how you'd design a game mechanic around that. Maybe have the HUD spot possible gravitational shadows to give you a rough estimate of a planet's location.

But really I just want more things to scan, like features on planet surfaces. No Man's Sky might actually be the game to improve upon this with cataloging alien life and points of interest.

Burny

That's not an Asp, the yellow ship is a Type-6. And yeah it looks beat up, but that's just normal wear and tear on the paintjob. It normally gets fixed when you hit "repair all" in any station but when out exploring for long periods of time the paint can get shoddy looking. I suspect by the time I get my Asp back into civilized space it's gonna look just as bad...

It looks pretty awesome in my book. Wasn't it fixed that "repair all" would also repair the paintjob? Doesn't it exclude the paintjob now? I thought people were pretty eager to get that weathered look.

Actually I was just about to ask this (I may have already asked before). Right now is there any reason for someone with a pure exploration built to get Horizons?

You can land and drive around on planets. Which includes collecting materials that may in theory give you a jump boost via the synthesis feature. IIRC, collecting materials on far out worlds also adds to your exploration rank, the further you're out. But the collection of materials is a bit of a hassle.

In the end, the planets are awesome for explorer meetups, driving around for fun and doing surface screenshots, but for little else.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Since Elite is 50% off on Steam I was wondering about grabbing it. That said, I probably won't spend that much time playing it for a while, which is why I wanted to ask if it's a good idea to grab Horizons or should I wait until it's cheaper/more elements of the season pass are added?

Since Elite is 50% off on Steam I was wondering about grabbing it. That said, I probably won't spend that much time playing it for a while, which is why I wanted to ask if it's a good idea to grab Horizons or should I wait until it's cheaper/more elements of the season pass are added?

I think now that it's a separate add on, I'd say there is no rush. It'll be on sale several times at its current discount. Lots to learn and catch up to in just the vanilla game for a new player and Horizons will only get better with time.

Made it to waypoint 7 of the Distant Worlds Expedition...

The route planning is starting to become tricky, no more finding a system 990ish LY away and having it plot in a few seconds.

I'm very slowly getting a feel for my new hotas setup but man it's been a long time since flying wasn't completely second nature to me. I have to keep telling myself that I'll get there, I've played hundreds of hours with the X55 and adding my feet to the mix forces a completely different type of coordination. On top of that, I changed up a lot of button placements that made sense so I'm forced to do a lot of flying with my conscious mind instead of letting muscle memory do all the work while I just choose which target to shoot down.

The way I practiced was doing the training mission with the cobra vs cobra fight where you get a cobra outfitted with gimballed pulse lasers and railguns and force myself to take it down with just the railguns, something that would be effortless with the X55. I can do that quickly with no problem no. My aim is pretty good at this point but in a Hazardous RES, I'm having trouble staying out of the line of fire of big ships like Anaconda's and Clippers. I could sit in a Hazardous RES, with my FDL, until my canon ran out of ammo, with typically no issues keeping my shields up, with the twist rudder. Now I'm chewing through shield cells and having to leave quite early, lucky to make a million in a single trip. I'm sure I'll get there, but it's frustrating. It'll be worth it though.

On a positive note, I absolutely love the analog stick on the throttle.

E-flux

Oh my god people.... I was 13000 light years away from earth, decided to give it a rest when i saw this glorious looking planet, decided to give it a closer look since it had these pure green veins that almost looked like rivers, started the orbital flight and i dropped like a rock... Got destroyed in an instant all that travelling wasted..

I think i need to take a break for a few weeks..

Oh my god people.... I was 13000 light years away from earth, decided to give it a rest when i saw this glorious looking planet, decided to give it a closer look since it had these pure green veins that almost looked like rivers, started the orbital flight and i dropped like a rock... Got destroyed in an instant all that travelling wasted..

What the was the gravity on that planet?

Mengy

Sorry to hear it, sounds like you tried to land on a high gravity planet without being super careful about it. High G planets are no joke, they can wreck your ship so fast it's scary.

I'm currently the farthest I've ever been from Sol, just shy of 18,000ly, and moving farther away every day. I won't be even trying to land on any planet with more than 3G's.

E-flux

Sorry to hear it, sounds like you tried to land on a high gravity planet without being super careful about it. High G planets are no joke, they can wreck your ship so fast it's scary.

I'm currently the farthest I've ever been from Sol, just shy of 18,000ly, and moving farther away every day. I won't be even trying to land on any planet with more than 3G's.

What the was the gravity on that planet?

Yeah, i can see that.... All of the planet up until now have been breeze to land on so i started punching the throttle at the same time as i always do, didn't help a bit. Honestly, i thought that all of the planets you could land on had the same gravity, up until this one so i didn't even check it on the system map. Worst thing is that had already traveled the amount i needed for today but i decided to jump in quick and scan some planets for extra cash.

I'm so frustrated that i got blown up thanks to my own carelessness, ahahaha, my frustration levels are at par with having to sit through the third or fourth Twilight movie.

Hylian7

Yeah, i can see that.... All of the planet up until now have been breeze to land on so i started punching the throttle at the same time as i always do, didn't help a bit. Honestly, i thought that all of the planets you could land on had the same gravity, up until this one so i didn't even check it on the system map. Worst thing is that had already traveled the amount i needed for today but i decided to jump in quick and scan some planets for extra cash.

I'm so frustrated that i got blown up thanks to my own carelessness, ahahaha, my frustration levels are at par with having to sit through the third or fourth Twilight movie.

I attempted Achenar 3 back during the beta in my Anaconda. Didn't die instantly, but got down to something like 20% hull remaining. I immediately went back up and left.

Jezbollah

My first time posting in this thread for a long time - and I havent played E:D for ages, but had to respond to:

Made it to waypoint 7 of the Distant Worlds Expedition...

The route planning is starting to become tricky, no more finding a system 990ish LY away and having it plot in a few seconds.

Good luck sir. My mate is a fuel rat for the Expedition - it's a legit effort so I wish you the best. Please be careful though as there have been some CMDRs ganking the Expedition - I assume you are on the Team Speak servers that have been created for the trip?

Silvard

I actually bought the game and ran it on my Surface Pro 4 and...it works! Very playable, at least the tutorials. Which by the lead me to ask for any sort of resources to get into the game? Tutorials and such? What's the best way to approach it?

I have a 360 controller, an Ace Edge HOTAS which I'm to understand is PC compatible, and a DS4, which one is my best bet?

frontieruk

Sooooo my tobii eyex arrived today...

Does it work with my 46' TV?

Yup it does very weird being able to track something while moving away from it...

There are some bugs infinitescreen which is their game interface seems to to have hiccups thus not being able to toggle taking on and off though the option is there.

The limiting factor is actually the distance to the camera rather than size of the screen.

Sooooo my tobii eyex arrived today...

Does it work with my 46' TV?

Yup it does very weird being able to track something while moving away from it...

There are some bugs infinitescreen which is their game interface seems to to have hiccups thus not being able to toggle taking on and off though the option is there.

The limiting factor is actually the distance to the camera rather than size of the screen.
Have you used TrackIR at all?

If so, how does it compare?

frontieruk

Have you used TrackIR at all?

If so, how does it compare?

Sorry I haven't used trackIR,so I can't really comment.

but for the 15 minutes I got to muck around with it this evening tracking was very good, no really nasty jumps smooth movement unless you really were trying to swing the view the it ws more like a 90 degree turn in an fps with a keyboard shortcut but otherwise it was strange in that you your view would change without moving your head, just subtle changes in your moving your eyes like checking car mirrors.

If the InfiniteScreen app worked it'd be perfect as getting the comms menu working seemed broken when eye tracking was working where as the lower panels worked flawlessly, the app should allow to toggle the tracking on and off but I couldn't get it working, though the re-center toggle did work :-s

It seems a nice halfway house to VR, my biggest gripe is how close to the bar you have to be, but again that actually helps as it also allows you to adjust the tracking to screens larger than the manufacturers recommended screen size of 27"

I'll give it a full playthrough tomorrow maybe record some video with the xbox app (when did they integrate that???)

fly safe commanders

SmartBase

Sorry I haven't used trackIR,so I can't really comment.

but for the 15 minutes I got to muck around with it this evening tracking was very good, no really nasty jumps smooth movement unless you really were trying to swing the view the it ws more like a 90 degree turn in an fps with a keyboard shortcut but otherwise it was strange in that you your view would change without moving your head, just subtle changes in your moving your eyes like checking car mirrors.

If the InfiniteScreen app worked it'd be perfect as getting the comms menu working seemed broken when eye tracking was working where as the lower panels worked flawlessly, the app should allow to toggle the tracking on and off but I couldn't get it working, though the re-center toggle did work :-s

It seems a nice halfway house to VR, my biggest gripe is how close to the bar you have to be, but again that actually helps as it also allows you to adjust the tracking to screens larger than the manufacturers recommended screen size of 27"

I'll give it a full playthrough tomorrow maybe record some video with the xbox app (when did they integrate that???)

fly safe commanders

How close were you to the screen? I've been thinking of getting one of these but my monitor's 32".

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Started playing yesterday.
Really like it so far, but I'll definitely have to read some guides because I have no idea what I'm doing.
I'm using the "advanced gamepad" settings for controls btw.

My biggest problem so far is being unable to leave the starting planet if I choose the Horizons ship (no problem with the base game one starting from the space station).
Is using supercruise or whatever that's called required to leave the surface?

My biggest problem so far is being unable to leave the starting planet if I choose the Horizons ship (no problem with the base game one starting from the space station).
Yeah - what you do is head straight up away from the landing pad. Point your ship upwards until the moment you see the height indicators flip upside-down and throttle all the way forward. Wait until the "Mass Locked" light goes out, and then enter SuperCruise, that'll take you into the planet's atmosphere and let you leave.

frontieruk

How close were you to the screen? I've been thinking of getting one of these but my monitor's 32".

It's the beauty of the device I tried it at about 1 metre from the TV, I then moved the camera 3 metres away (i had to move my PC to achieve this as i didn't have a usb 3 extender as the lead with the tobii is about 1metre long), it actually relies on your distance and positioning to the camera and TV, I had to raise the tobii to account for the distance to the TV and my higher seating position but it worked flawlessly, but it's the guesstimating the alignment as the software expects the tobii to be central under the display.

I was using my 46" TV as I can't get to my monitor due to a barricade of crap belonging to the SO in the gaming room...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yeah - what you do is head straight up away from the landing pad. Point your ship upwards until the moment you see the height indicators flip upside-down. Then enter SuperCruise, that'll take you into the planet's atmosphere and let you leave.
Thanks. I spent good 15 minutes trying to fly away using regular flight, because I was too proud to check a guide ("I played Freespace, I've got it!").
Then I tried supercruise, got a warning about engines being too hot and that was that.

You may also need to point your ship directly at an escape vector to enter supercruise from a planet surface. If you were getting a heat warning I think it's because you engaged supercruise but never actually entered supercruise since you didn't point at the escape vector. Your engines were probably heating up the whole time but once you enter supercruise the engines cool. Once you're about to enter supercruise you will get a count down from your ships computer.

SmartBase

It's the beauty of the device I tried it at about 1 metre from the TV, I then moved the camera 3 metres away (i had to move my PC to achieve this as i didn't have a usb 3 extender as the lead with the tobii is about 1metre long), it actually relies on your distance and positioning to the camera and TV, I had to raise the tobii to account for the distance to the TV and my higher seating position but it worked flawlessly, but it's the guesstimating the alignment as the software expects the tobii to be central under the display.

I was using my 46" TV as I can't get to my monitor due to a barricade of crap belonging to the SO in the gaming room...

Thanks for the info, I sit around a metre or so from my monitor so using that tracker sounds feasible.

I am currently 3:30 seconds from running out of air because of a broke canopy, I was interdicted within 10Mm of the station I am flying to. I submitted because I couldn't even see the escape vector and now I'm stuck between supercruise and regular flight trying to load an instance. At least the timer stopped. It's been a solid 5 min.

Edit:

Just killed the process, now I get to see where I end up with this shatter canopy.

Edit 2:

Disaster averted. It respawned me way back where the canopy broke with 7 mins. I was interdicted again near my destination but this time I wasn't trapped in the ether this time. Safely repaired.

Person

Started playing yesterday.
Really like it so far, but I'll definitely have to read some guides because I have no idea what I'm doing.
I'm using the "advanced gamepad" settings for controls btw.

If you add me in game, Jackie McMackie, I'll be happy to help

Remind me it's you though

Person

I actually bought the game and ran it on my Surface Pro 4 and...it works! Very playable, at least the tutorials. Which by the lead me to ask for any sort of resources to get into the game? Tutorials and such? What's the best way to approach it?

I have a 360 controller, an Ace Edge HOTAS which I'm to understand is PC compatible, and a DS4, which one is my best bet?

HOTAS definitely, best experience and a bit more accuracy than a gamepad, but you can definitely work with a gamepad, just you might have to keep a keyboard nearby for extra binds if you don't want to use modifiers

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Uhhh:
WTF? Where the fuck is my 50 million credits that I grinded probably 25 hours for? Claim salary 50,000CR? Fuck you. What's funny is I bought Horizons a few hours before the PowerPlay cycle ended. Time to look into Steam returns, fuck this shit.

DrBo42

Uhhh:

WTF? Where the fuck is my 50 million credits that I grinded probably 25 hours for? Claim salary 50,000CR? Fuck you. What's funny is I bought Horizons a few hours before the PowerPlay cycle ended. Time to look into Steam returns, fuck this shit.

You get it on a week delay.

HelloMeow

Uhhh:

Just contact support. They're really helpful.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
So there's a one week delay? That's pretty annoying. And I had people telling me that if you wanted to you could get it once, then just spend the 50m on 5000 merits of space trucking to maintain your bounty bonus. Which isn't really true since by the time I get that 50m paycheck I'm down to needing 75m of space trucking.

Dev update--more details on mission/progression overhaul:

From the desk of Michael Brookes

Hi everyone,

In this week’s dev update I will continue on from last week’s with more details on the mission changes coming in The Engineers update (2.1). Don’t worry I will be covering other topics in the coming weeks as well!

Last week’s update covered the first of our high level goals – personalisation and this week I’ll cover the second with progression. Progression within a game can mean many different things, but in this case those aspects combine into telling your narrative while playing the game. Situations change and the game reflects those changes to you. Now we do quite a lot of these already, but we can improve the way we communicate these. And as with personalisation there is quite a bit of overlap in the details of achieving our aims for the update.

Currently there are five levels of reputation with a minor faction (Hated, Disliked, Neutral, Liked, Allied) and we’re adding an extra level on the positive side for a smoother, but also longer transition from working up from neutral. This should be a journey and rewarded accordingly, not only with the various in-game rewards, but also within the narrative of the experience by highlighting events like increasing your reputation level.

The mission givers will provide a sense of progression so that as you improve (or damage) your relationship with the faction your worth to the organisation is reflected in who you deal with. The ranks and tone of these mission givers in turn is coloured by the type of organisation they represent and feeds into their character portraits as well.

The mission board in station services replaces the old bulletin board, while some of the information remains the same, we’re working to make things much clearer and to present them in a fashion which highlights their importance to the minor faction. There are number of specifics here which will be covered in next week’s topic about variety, but some also apply to progression. One example is what missions are available. This is supported in game already, but where possible we want to ensure that the reasons the mission isn’t accessible is communicated correctly so that they know what to do to gain access to the mission, or another of its type later on.

This aspect also matters for the other end of the mission flow, so when a mission is completed or failed. In particular the mission giver will communicate what effects the mission ending has on their organisation. At the moment this is more opaque than we’d like and so player’s aren’t necessarily aware of the results their actions has. This aspect features heavily within the consequences goal.

Traditional gameplay progression usually corresponds with the difficulty of available activity increasing in line with developing skill with the game. This allows for an escalating sense of challenge being available as you develop the relationship with the minor faction, but also with other entities in the game. So missions requiring higher Pilots Federation ratings should also require extra effort to complete, but also providing appropriate rewards.

The final key aspect for progression is the communication within the mission itself. We’re expanding the functionality of the inbox so that messages will persist, so important or interesting messages do not get lost. This allows us to highlight the different stages in the mission more effectively and so creating a richer experience with it.

Last week I mentioned that we had some more huge weapons coming, but without providing any details, so we have huge beam and pulse laser and multi-cannons being added. There will also be a new large multi-cannon.

Thanks!

Michael'

Person

Huge multi-cannon. Hmmmmmm... Very interesting for my FDL.

Oooo or maybe, huge beam and 4 medium multi-cannons. Hmmmmmm....

I'd just have a PA since beams are much better if you have gimballed, and it's not in a very good spot for gimballed convergeance

a huge MC would be fun though, definitely fixed if they have it

PA is fun but a huge pain in the ass when it comes to your weapon's capacitor. That's why I currently use a huge fixed cannon and 4 fixed medium pulse lasers. I'd love to see a huge multi-cannon but the more I think about it, a huge fixed beam and 4 gimballed medium multi-cannons maybe the way to go.

Huge pulses will make the 2 new large ships much more viable in both PvP and PvE combat than before. Only question is whether they will have gimbaled and turreted C4 variants or not.

Hylian7

Huge pulses will make the 2 new large ships much more viable in both PvP and PvE combat than before. Only question is whether they will have gimbaled and turreted C4 variants or not.

Surely they will, I mean they have that for the Huge Cannons, so I see no real reason not to have it for the others.

Person

PA is fun but a huge pain in the ass when it comes to your weapon's capacitor. That's why I currently use a huge fixed cannon and 4 fixed medium pulse lasers. I'd love to see a huge multi-cannon but the more I think about it, a huge fixed beam and 4 gimballed medium multi-cannons maybe the way to go.

I'd honestly go fixed for the MCs, but that's more fun than it is effective probably (feels like a fighter jet cannon that way :) ), but for a weapon that's continuous like the beam, I'd think it would be very annoying not having it gimballed, the unbroken stream of fire is nice for keeping pressure on the shields

plus, a huge beam would probably eat up the capacitor too, I did actually go 4 med beams and one large beam on an FDL once, not sure if I can remember this correctly, but it could probably shoot for all of 3 seconds on full pips

But yeah, I guess you're right about the PAs, they're quite expensive to fire, but dang are they satisfying

Person

This too, the Corvette's maneuvrability is comfortable enough to land some PA shots reliably, but for weapons that aren't made for potshots, I think the beams will have to have at least a gimballed variant. C4 turreted weapons would look pretty ridiculous, and I'd imagine they'd clip a lot with some ships. Heck, the FDL landed, the C4 bay clips through the floor when it opens in outfitting

Doing the new Community Goal in Okinura I flew to Pollix nearby and shot some bad guys at the compromised Nav Beacon. Damn that is fun. A lot more fun than RES imho. The ships vary a lot though. What's kinda annoying though is the big star in this system. The Beacon is so close my ship is at > 50% when doing nothing. Flying and shooting ends up overheating the ship regulary. This does not happen in other places and I was suprised this happens. The AI of the ships is much better here as well. Had some Gunships which were really dangerous. I had to leave with 16% hull and a broken canopy after about an hour haha
Funny thing is, they all targeted canopy and power distributor on my ship. Too bad I was too slow in repairing the canopy.

Big Nikus

I've just bought the game, and I've never played a game like that so I hope I'll "get" it. So, does the Horizon extension scratch the Mass Effect 1 itch of wanting to explore completely empty and barren planets ? I'll have to wait another sale for this but it's what excites me the most actually.

Top Bottom