• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons |OT| Just scratching the surface

Reckheim

I will check my money today. I was saving up for a Diamondback Explorer. I just love that Space Truck feeling that ship has - no idea if it's an actually worthwhile ship, hehe.

Its a great ship, ASP explorer lite but can definitely hold its own.

It's also 3 times more expansive, so fitting that thing right away would be a challenge. Well I could just get it and then do more trading before I can fit it. So far I was able to avoid combat during my trade missions.

How would people here fit a Cobra MK III that is used for trading missions and some combat?

How much money do you have at the moment? As for weapons, for a Cobra MK III I would go with 2 size 1 fixed/gimbaled pulse lasers and 2 size 2 gimbaled multicannons.

This is what I would work towards eventually for a trading/bounty hunter Cobra MK III

https://coriolis.io/outfit/cobra_mk...717000m03034501012o.Iw1-kA==.EwBjEYU8di2EA===

Ship-laughed fighters will be talked about tomorrow on the livestream. Three more Braben interview parts are going to be shown between tomorrow and Sunday, also.

derFeef

They aren't talking about anything regarding fighters until tomorrow. I'm going to safely assume that the smaller ships won't be able to support a hanger bay.

Hmm would be weird since all of them support a vehicle hangar module iirc. Will wait for tomorrow!

Only some of the bigger ships have a fighter bay slot on the bottom of them, I don't even thing a Python has one.

Isn't that different from what we get? Confused...

Reckheim

They aren't talking about anything regarding fighters until tomorrow. I'm going to safely assume that the smaller ships won't be able to support a hanger bay.

Only some of the bigger ships have a fighter bay slot on the bottom of them, I don't even thing a Python has one.

Was just about to post this!

reddit dump

New station UI
GMl4LMI.jpg

Note "Crew Lounge". Speculation is this isn't confirmation of multicrew in 2.2 but likely an area you can go to browse and hire AI pilots...which is cool, nonetheless.

New harvestable structures on planet surfaces
7BVaTc0.jpg

New clips so far:
Beluga
Passenger missions (bulk)
Passenger missions (VIP)
Route plotter
Port variant: refinery
Port variant: tourism

Can someone link to a good primer for players experienced in vanilla, but not Horizons?

I played a bit back at launch, but took a break right after arena launched. Wife and I had a kid.

Looking to get back in the saddle and want a good write-up of the new features from a player's perspective.

joecanada

No man's sky has completely let me down and this looks like an incredibly good alternative. You all recommend it?

it depends what you are looking for. I haven't played NMS but I would say elite is pretty wide but not incredibly deep ... it has a lot to do but its not like you are going to walk around a space station interacting with npc's..... its based around being in your ship. exploring in your ship, fighting in your ship, trading in your ship, etc... which is what I like best.

also the missions can be kind of repetitive but not worse than other video games.... say you want to do a bounty mission, they are mostly quite similar.... but variation is in the pilot, his ship, skill, etc....

I give it a 8.5/10 but hey I played wing commander over probably 10 times so.....

~Cross~

Looking for a narrative to start, and maybe some quests to go along with the wonder of exploration.

No narrative in game and quests are generated from a list in each station.

There is a global narrative in the game, but you have to read Galnet and see whats happening around the universe. Its not really fed into the player as a normal storyline.

AJLma

No man's sky has completely let me down and this looks like an incredibly good alternative. You all recommend it?

Same content problems in a nicer coat of paint. The space combat in Elite is much better by comparison and imo what makes it worth the purchase right now. If you enjoy it enough you might not need anything else.

Top Bottom