• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite: Dangerous |OT| Every Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portman

So I just screwed up and totaled my ship costing me 1 million in cargo. My own stupidity was to blame and I am going to be careful 100% of the time now (I was flying risky without cargo and that lead to this).

I've noticed a section in the menus that mentions cargo insurance and was curious if anyone knows how that works (or will work when implemented)? The only thing I can find about it online is where other players have asked about it on the official forums so I didn't know if it was planned or just something left in the menu.

Jedi2016

I've only played with the debug camera for a few minutes this evening (Cities: Skylines, ya know), but I did quickly come up with two issues/questions:

Is it possible to move the camera further from the ship? It seems to stop at a fairly close distance (from an Asp, anyway). Is it based on a fixed value, like 100m from the starting point or something?

It wasn't working inside the dock, although the patch notes seemed to indicate that it would. Maybe because I rebound the hotkeys? I want it easily available for Voice Attack, and my VA seems to have issues now and again with multiple-key presses.

Askani

Bought the game and fought through a couple install headaches. Managed to get it up and running successfully though. Even salvaged my old PS2 Ace Combat 5 HOTAS for PC.

...and now I have to sleep for work tomorrow. But I'm ready for a weekend of tweaking controls and getting my outerspace on. Can't wait.

kvk1

txfi6ox.jpg

The debug camera rocks.

Yeah the Vulture is fun to fly. It's not particularly fast but it is nibble. The Viper was fun as well, they both make the Asp feel like a dump truck.

Tiny update with some good changes:

See the full list of changes below:

- Fix crash in Hyperdrive, usually encountered when navlocked onto wingmen
- Fix for low level GUI crash loading into game
- Increased earnings from bounties
- Increased earnings from combat bonds
- Increased earnings from selling exploration data

- Refineries show up on the internal panel again and can be turned on/off
- Added shortcut key binding to open system map
- Fix issue stopping shield generators being repairable if fitted in some slots
- Fix issues with Fer-de-Lance scooping
- Stop toxic cargo damaging modules you cannot repair such as radiators or the cockpit, power plant is still corroded though!
- Fixed incorrect reference to mouse axes for headlook controls
- Fixed the onionhead paint job
- Freelook Y-axis disabled when Starport Services tab opens fixed
- Surface scanners also have a range, and should therefore have a range field in Outfitting Item Info
- Should now be able to switch back to Starport services menu if you check the comms panel whilst docked

Server side Changes:

- Decreased purchase costs of Vulture, FerDeLance and Federal Dropship
- Credited all Commanders who currently own a Vulture, FerDeLance or Dropship with the difference in prices for the ships and armour.
- Increased sale prices of exploration data
- Jameson Memorial in Shinrarta Dezhra now always stocks all ships and modules
- We always recommend Commanders carry enough credits to cover insurance costs, but if the worst does happen, maximum available debt levels have been increased to 600,000 credits. Fly safe, Commanders.

mitchman

Gold Member
Yeah, I've parked my Anaconda and Python for now and fly around in the Vulture. High intensity conflict zones is not a problem with this ship, even with multiple ships firing on me. Great fun, and with the increased bounties I might even make a dough without having to resort to boring trading with the 'conda.
If the FdL didn't suck so much for its price, I might get rid of the Python.

That was a hefty rebate for the Vulture. I don't know the exact amount but it was more than 10 mil cr. added back to my account.

Edit: Holy shit, the Vulture is 5 million now. That should make a lot of people happy.

owlbeak

Apparently, it's 5 million. I must have received a 17 million cr rebate. I couldn't remember where my balance was before the update.
P2N6c48.gif

Say Whaaaaaaaat? That means I can afford one tonight after I get home. :)

Edit: Someone on reddit said: Vulture 5 mil. FDL 50 mil. Fed Dropship 21 mil.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
That was a hefty rebate for the Vulture. I don't know the exact amount but it was more than 10 mil cr. added back to my account.

Edit: Holy shit, the Vulture is 5 million now. That should make a lot of people happy.

Wait, the Vulture is 5 millions credits now????

Okay, now THAT's a price I can live with for a superior fighter over the Vyper. I may just have to actually buy one now. And exploration data is now worth more? I love that change!

Same! My current Viper is worth over 2 million, it's been a great ship. But it's time to move up to something a little more beefy.

For a while there hasn't been a proper combat ship upgrade from the Viper that was within reasonable buying distance. The vulture fits that role perfectly. So happy they finally realized there was a hole in the lineup.

Portman

I've only played with the debug camera for a few minutes this evening (Cities: Skylines, ya know), but I did quickly come up with two issues/questions:

Is it possible to move the camera further from the ship? It seems to stop at a fairly close distance (from an Asp, anyway). Is it based on a fixed value, like 100m from the starting point or something?

It wasn't working inside the dock, although the patch notes seemed to indicate that it would. Maybe because I rebound the hotkeys? I want it easily available for Voice Attack, and my VA seems to have issues now and again with multiple-key presses.

I was able to move the camera around while docked because I remember it going through the floor into the lower dock area. Granted I believe I was on an outpost instead of inside of a station so that may have played a role in it. I will try to test both out the next time I am at the respective docks and see how it works.

Hmm after seeing how much more affordable the Vulture is I may have to go buy one if I decide to run more combat. How does it compare to a cobra for conflict zone usage (and/or RES bounty hunting)? That is the 'best" combat ship that I have at the moment or at least the one I've used.

Portman

Just made a million in an RES with about 30 minutes spent. Finally combat pays.

Allright! Knowing that I will be picking up that Vulture and going for some combat. Sure I'll be spending almost all of my "hard earned" trading money but it will be something different.

Now watch me have a hard time finding one to buy and then finding a RES or conflict zone.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It's a combat ship. They only cut prices on combat ships since trading still yields a lot more money.

It's a combat ship that's shit at combat. The weapon hardpoints are spread too far apart and it turns like a pig.

Frankly the dropship is a giant POS.

Ugh, so I go out of town for work on Saturday and won't be back until Tuesday. I'm really worried the buff to combat rewards will be nerfed or reduced before then and I'll still be Vulture-less, so I kinda wanna cram as much as I can in over the next few days.

I still really, REALLY like the Vulture design, y'all. I actually think it looks pretty fucking awesome. Kinda reminds me of the Predator.

Sorry, what?

I think there was some concept art of bases in asteroid fields. Not sure if they've actually included it in their plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom