• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

ohlawd

Prince of bad taste.

Other than your avatar.
sorry man but liking my avatar gives me infinite positive vibes. I can be the king of horrible taste and I'd still feel good

and I'm not crazy. SJ is too good. I can count 4 games that Atlus has made that is better than it

spiritfox

sorry man but liking my avatar gives me infinite positive vibes. I can be the king of horrible taste and I'd still feel good

and I'm not crazy. SJ is too good. I can count 4 games that Atlus has made that is better than it

Akane is the better girl thou.

Zweizer

Banned
Some news for the EU folks (including myself):

NIS America to no longer publish Atlus games in Europe

Publisher NIS America will no longer be releasing games from Japanese firm Atlus in Europe, MCV can reveal.

That’s according to NIS America MD Takuro Yamashita, who said that since Atlus was purchased by Sega it has becoming increasingly difficult to work together.

Not only does this mean that Atlus titles will not be published in Europe by NIS America; titles from the latter will not be distributed by the former in America.

In the past, NIS America has released titles such as Persona 4 Golden, Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight and Persona Q on the behalf of Atlus in Europe.

"Around ten days ago, we terminated our alliance with Atlus in Europe and the US," Yamashita told MCV.

"Atlus became very picky about selecting the European publishing partner after it was bought by Sega. It always cherry picked its EU publishing partner based on who offered the highest minimum guarantee on a title by title basis. I noticed that it was very difficult for NIS America to establish an equal-partnership with Atlus.

"Atlus and its European games have contributed a lot to the expansion of NIS America in Europe. I would like to express my greatest appreciation to them for that."

Link to thread.

Zweizer

Banned
>Sega
>Better

70uspef.jpg

ohlawd

srsly tho EU kinda sucks. you know you got a problem when the top selling games in the continent are somehow even worse than the shit we buy here in NA. I think we just lucked out when Atlus made sure to publish their games here. we somehow buy enough of the niche stuff even when Hallway Simulator: The Game - Now With Guns Edition goes on to sell a bajllion copies

why's everyone taste so bad :(

The horrid dread of no Etrian Odyssey V in Europe.

I might draw an eye patch on Gunner-chan. Punished Venom Gunner
headcanon for Dragoon

You all act like just having Atlus games release late and having to import is a problem. Try thinking about people (like me) who live in regions that don't even have Nintendo and publishers rarely release any Japanese games here. EVERYTHING has to be imported. Consoles (for nintendo), games, etc. :(

Rutger

Banned
Teleporters suck. Eridanus, never forget.

EOIII's teleporters were cool. They were more like those moving platforms we always see, except designed in a way that allows land that can be explored to exist in-between the start and end point.

Eridanus sucked because we couldn't draw our own map.

Ranmo

I'm finally going to give this series a shot. Was wondering. I'm not going to buy all of the games ( I mean that is subject to change) but should I jump in with iv or should I start with EO2U?

jonjonaug

I'm finally going to give this series a shot. Was wondering. I'm not going to buy all of the games ( I mean that is subject to change) but should I jump in with iv or should I start with EO2U?

Start with EOIV if you want to jump straight into a "classic" style make-your-own-party experience, start with EOU1 if you want to dip your toes in with a prebuilt party first. EOU2 has several quality of life improvements that might make it hard to go back to IV afterward. There was a good bit of time in IV where I was adjusting to the slower speed, some quirks with the map drawing that EOU irons out, and lack of floor jump. But it's not SO bad and IV is still a great enough game to be played after Untold 2.

Zweizer

Banned
Both are fine, though EO4 is more well-balanced with better mechanics, yet lacks some of the QoL improvements of the Untold series. Pick whichever suits you best.

(Best way to start is with Untold 1 Classic mode in Expert difficulty.)

Ranmo

Alright, thank you all for the information and quick responses. Ill sit on it and then buy one of the games once I'm home from work.

EOIII's teleporters were cool. They were more like those moving platforms we always see, except designed in a way that allows land that can be explored to exist in-between the start and end point.

Eridanus sucked because we couldn't draw our own map.

Why must a series that prides itself on drawing maps make it hard for me to draw maps?

Weebos

Banned
Looking at the new scans, does that mean the initial Reaper art we had was for a male?

I love the male Necros so much.

The old woman Hound is also excellent.

Also, pure speculation: Perhaps instead of unlocking a few classes as you progress in the dungeons you will unlock more race/class combos.

Nachos

Not feeling a lot of the default color combinations. Hopefully some good palette swaps can liven up some of the more dull designs.

Looking at the new scans, does that mean the initial Reaper art we had was for a male.
Himukai confirmed it when he posted the rough sketch of the first Famitsu cover. Every character there was labeled with their class name and gender.

Rutger

Banned
Himukai's artstyle has really improved as he worked on this series.

Those old class portraits from EOI/II look really plain in comparison.

Scher

The bunny boy hounds are great. I just want a party full of them.

Also, mmm, the long haired male necromancer is pretty nice, too.

Top Bottom