• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

omlet

tried giving my nightseeker a bushi sub. the damage increase is ridiculous

Yep, it's a good sub for mid-game but N/A will still land ailment throws more reliably. When you hit postgame you will probably want to switch to N/A because you will need your debuffs to land more reliably than you need them to before then. Then once your team is 99 and your N is pimped out with gear and stat books (99 luck) N/B becomes really scary again.

PK Gaming

Woops, I caught the Etrian Odyssey bug again

Getting ready to take on the super bosses. Already dusted the 3 dragons so i'm ready for anything

LET'S DO THIS

FluxWaveZ

Himukai sketch of the "Rough Sketch Ver." of the EOV soundtrack with first-print copies of the game:
3mwBxaM.jpg
Continuing the trend of the characters looking like they're from an EO game in a hip, modern urban setting for the mainline series soundtrack art.

PK Gaming

It turns out I didn't "have this"

I got my ass beat by the
Fallen One

Looks like i'm going to need more power

EDIT: How do I quickly grind to level 99

Rutger

Banned
Himukai sketch of the "Rough Sketch Ver." of the EOV soundtrack with first-print copies of the game:

Continuing the trend of the characters looking like they're from an EO game in a hip, modern urban setting for the mainline series soundtrack art.

I would not be opposed to a modern or near future style setting for an EO game honestly.

They could get really creative with the classes and dungeons. Though they could easily work in some cyberpunk dungeons without it feeling out of place right now.

jonjonaug

It turns out I didn't "have this"

I got my ass beat by the
Fallen One

Looks like i'm going to need more power

Turn the difficulty down and kill the dragons over and over. Use the XP up food near one of the dragons and the XP plus Burst skill.

omlet

Go hunt golden foes in the postgame dungeon. And zone in-and out of the last land to try to proc shiny overworld foes, too, because they're not too difficult if you're able to beat all 3 dragons and they yield good exp. That's where you farm the item you need for Formaldehyde so it's two birds with one stone.

And/or do auto-leveling while you sleep. The small cave with the ice cubes and the bat FOEs in the snowly land is a good place because none of the enemies have any especially dangerous attacks or ailments to throw at you. It won't be fast but you'll be asleep so you won't care.

Also if you haven't fully explored the postgame dungeon, you should go work on that because it will give you lots of exp and good materials for the best weapons and accessories (besides boss drops).

Dragons are also great exp if you don't mind the tedium of resting at the inn over and over to make them respawn.

Be sure to use exp boost food whatever you do.

Edit:
I would not be opposed to a modern or near future style setting for an EO game honestly.

They could get really creative with the classes and dungeons. Though they could easily work in some cyberpunk dungeons without it feeling out of place right now.

So it would be like Operation Abyss, except good?

Make it happen, please.

spiritfox

That's what I want to see, even just as an experiment.

FluxWaveZ

The thing is that once/if they make that leap, would they then be able to go back to the type of setting EO has been accustomed to until now? I feel like if an EOVI came out and it had a modern city setting, every EO game from that point on would either need to follow in its footsteps or also take dramatic shifts in setting.

I wonder if it'd encroach too much on the settings of other tent-pole Atlus series, and if they'd be okay with that. I'd love to see how an urban setting EO game would be like, though.

spiritfox

The thing is that once/if they make that leap, would they then be able to go back to the type of setting EO has been accustomed to until now? I feel like if an EOVI came out and it had a modern city setting, every EO game from that point on would either need to follow in its footsteps or also take dramatic shifts in setting.

I wonder if it'd encroach too much on the settings of other tent-pole Atlus series, and if they'd be okay with that. I'd love to see how an urban setting EO game would be like, though.

It doesn't have to be a numbered game. There's the Untold games for these kinds of things.

MrDoctor

So it would be like Operation Abyss, except good?

Make it happen, please.
says it all when the game's most challenging aspect was seeing it to the end. you already fucked up when your rpg battles are a nuisance. still giving stranger a chance for the art, but you only get three strikes~

i thought the new 7th dragon was cyberpunk?

Nachos

says it all when the game's most challenging aspect was seeing it to the end. you already fucked up when your rpg battles are a nuisance. still giving stranger a chance for the art, but you only get three strikes~

i thought the new 7th dragon was cyberpunk?
All of the 7D games have been modern day from the second one on. It actually did what everyone's been describing.

Huh, first time a guy – or at least, one most would take as male – has been on one of those covers.

Linkark07

Banned
Ok, got today my EO:U2. Surprisingly, it was a first print edition (wasn't expecting that).

Anwyays, have some questions about the DLC: besides the new class, is there any DLC worth buying? Also saw the dungeon DLC. What does that unlock?

tuffy

Ok, got today my EO:U2. Surprisingly, it was a first print edition (wasn't expecting that).

Anwyays, have some questions about the DLC: besides the new class, is there any DLC worth buying? Also saw the dungeon DLC. What does that unlock?
The extra class portraits DLC is great to have, though I don't remember if it was free for only a limited time. The money/experience/grimoire DLCs might also come in handy if you get stuck. As for dungeon DLC, that might be the "Original Sin" super duper postgame boss - in case the regular postgame boss isn't enough of a challenge.

Linkark07

Banned
The extra class portraits DLC is great to have, though I don't remember if it was free for only a limited time. The money/experience/grimoire DLCs might also come in handy if you get stuck. As for dungeon DLC, that might be the "Original Sin" super duper postgame boss - in case the regular postgame boss isn't enough of a challenge.

Portrait DLC is free.

So there is another boss which is even harder than post game boss? Damn. Will see if I get it, so far haven't beaten any superboss.

Anteo

The exp/gold/grimore dlcs are timesavers more than anything. If you feel you dont want to do lots of farmer runs and grind some levels for them the DLC will help a lot.

For grimores there are more of a cheat if you use it early in the game but high level grimores are doable in the late game, so its mostly a time saver

spiritfox

Is she now? Yay!

Yup, she consistantly ranks high in polls both in Japan and the West, and she's the only non-royal 1st gen to get her own cg art in the DLCs. And it's not hard when you're a well developed character with multiple facets in a game full of caricatures. Also spear fighters are amazing.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yup, she consistantly ranks high in polls both in Japan and the West, and she's the only non-royal 1st gen to get her own cg art in the DLCs. And it's not hard when you're a well developed character with multiple facets in a game full of caricatures. Also spear fighters are amazing.

Man I need to turn the game back on and see what kind of DLC is available now.

Thinking about buying Untold on the 3ds since now it's very cheap. Never played an etrian odyssey but I like the idea of forming a party a tackle enemies with good tactics. I'm not really fond of the "draw your map" thing but I've seen that there's a complete automap (tiles and walls) that can help since you have to put only the logos/notes for yourself and not stopping drawing walls every few steps.
Is a good place to start for a novice?

Top Bottom