• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan |OT|: Fight & Heal Brings 3D To Europe!

Nothing turns them Shiny. Just use the Sheep with some Sleep Resistance equipped. Their damage output isn't that great so they're not that hard to kill, really. Gold Stinkhorns will turn the Sheep shiny and they're on a 1-day respawn timer (just like the gathering nodes) so it's pretty convenient.

Yeah I just took down a sheep. Sleep resistance came in the form of Refresh Waltz.

Does being Shiny increase their stats?

balddemon

Banned
No plant gathering spots despite carrying both plant boosting equips. The game hates me.

You live today, stupid sheep.
what's the 2nd one? I have the increase golden animals, plants, and fish, the foodapult, and the dowsing rods. just hit b2f of golden lair. what am I missing?

What level do you need to be for sheep? I'm at 22-23 - that enough if I have some sleep resist skills/equipment?

Edit: Is it also worth going back and killing some Kangaroos? I can take them pretty easily now, I am just forgetting if they gave me any thing valuable and how much XP they give.

spiritfox

what's the 2nd one? I have the increase golden animals, plants, and fish, the foodapult, and the dowsing rods. just hit b2f of golden lair. what am I missing?

It's find more of the corresponding food. You will get it the same way you got the first ones, just continue to help them.

Anyway, I don't think they actually affect the gathering point spawning. Just when you go and gather them.

What level do you need to be for sheep? I'm at 22-23 - that enough if I have some sleep resist skills/equipment?

You should be fine. Just take care for the sleep.

Ala Alba

Yeah I just took down a sheep. Sleep resistance came in the form of Refresh Waltz.

Does being Shiny increase their stats?

I'm pretty sure shiny enemies get stat increases every turn. So if I can't kill a shiny FOE extremely quickly, I don't even bother trying (wiped so many times on "easy" shiny FOEs).

balddemon

Banned
It's find more of the corresponding food. You will get it the same way you got the first ones, just continue to help them.

Anyway, I don't think they actually affect the gathering point spawning. Just when you go and gather them.

You should be fine. Just take care for the sleep.

yeah I know they make it so you can't get the common stuff, just uncommon and rare. do I help them in the first or second land?

Edit: Is it also worth going back and killing some Kangaroos? I can take them pretty easily now, I am just forgetting if they gave me any thing valuable and how much XP they give.

I beat a sheep at level 23. Just have sleep resistance. Like Refresh Waltz.

Grinding on floor B3 of Misty Ravine is piss easy. I can take down foes I shouldn't be able to because of dismiss heal/leg bind.

balddemon

Banned
I really need subclassing to be available so I can finally have a medic. I'm fighting the tusked crushers so I can collect all the items, and I can kill them relatively easily, but I need some way to heal after the battles. I suppose I could collect the 4 luminous moss each day from b1f of golden lair...idk.

BearChair

I just need to vent a second. Sixth Maze B2 -

that giant room that warps you to the entrance when you step on the wrong square. I made it through the first two fine, but this room is breaking my spirit. Plus those damn Lightning Spawn things. They don't even drop anything useful.

scy

that giant room that warps you to the entrance when you step on the wrong square. I made it through the first two fine, but this room is breaking my spirit. Plus those damn Lightning Spawn things. They don't even drop anything useful.

Well:
Look at the room with the damage tiles and then look at the room in the dark afterwards. There's a correlation

Or, if you just want the solution:
The damage tiles in the previous room mark the safe path in the next room

Mugaaz

The lightning spawns are eays, just use poison or an AoE. The Stupid petrify flowers that occasionally petrify your entire team are just bullshit though. Pure RNG.

balddemon

Banned
Idk if Im just too dumb to figure it out, but I cant get past the 2 spike turtles at the beginning of bf2 of gold lair. Any tips besides grinding until I can kill them?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Well:
Look at the room with the damage tiles and then look at the room in the dark afterwards. There's a correlation

Or, if you just want the solution:
The damage tiles in the previous room mark the safe path in the next room
Oh my god... I just brute forced it.

balddemon

Banned
Atlus USA posted another *twitches* QR Code on their twitter (http://www.twitter.com/atlususa) "Approaching Danger" quest. Could someone put it on imgur or something and link me so I can add it to the OP?

5nHnVXK.jpg

scy

Idk if Im just too dumb to figure it out, but I cant get past the 2 spike turtles at the beginning of bf2 of gold lair. Any tips besides grinding until I can kill them?

If this is the room I'm thinking of (2nd Floor, B1-B2), you actually can't make any progress here the first time you reach it.

Anteo

If this is the room I'm thinking of (2nd Floor, B1-B2), you actually can't make any progress here the first time you reach it.

I got past those turtles my first time around, but then what I discovered behind the door made me rage quit for the day five minutes.

Roubjon

So I haven't put any points into any of the offense skills for my Landsknecht and you guys seem to always be talking about links. What's so great about them? I'm level 17 btw.

aett

Is there one particularly useful element that I should focus on in the fifth maze? I just retired my L/D into an
Imperial/Runemaster
and I don't want to spread my points too thin.

scy

So I haven't put any points into any of the offense skills for my Landsknecht and you guys seem to always be talking about links. What's so great about them? I'm level 17 btw.

Basically, the Link skills all deal damage and "mark" a target; the next attack (that turn) will detonate the mark for additional damage. Improved Link will increase the number of times you can detonate the mark (that turn) for bonus damage and Link Mastery has each subsequent detonation deal more and more damage.

So a Link-based Party will find a way to buff up their Landsknecht (+ debuff the enemy) and then have the rest of their party able to generate the number of attacks (~8 per turn) you need. The end result is a large number of attacks per turn that deal a really high amount of damage.

That said, Links don't really work until Level 20 (Improved Link) and they really shine at Level 40 (Link Mastery).

Edit: Normally, this is done with a Landsknecht + Dancer. The Dancer can be setup to Chase the attacks (or cause others to chase their attacks if you use Trick Samba instead) as well so you end up with a LOT of attacks happening these turns.

It's not the "omg greatest have to do this" party or anything, just one of the really good team-wide synergies.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Gah, since finishing this game completely yesterday I still have the EO itch. Which of the first three should I replay? I already finished 1,2 and 3, but I remember almost nothing of 1 and 2 so I want to decide between those.

lingiii

Banned
link tips

yeah, the magic really happens you have a NS or NS-sub so you two attacks. I have a beastman/ns, Fortress/dancer, Landmastertank/whatever. beastman gets two hits, Fortress has chase samba active and skills to give her a good chance of attacking twice. Landstermeister should subclass with something can give you elem boost (runemaster and Imperial both can; beware both are kind of goofy though because most of their active skills can't be used with sword/rapier which you need for links, and Imperial's weapon can't be dual-wielded).

be sure to have a runmaster lower resistance to a color, and bombs away. take the skill that increases link follow-ups to at least allow 6 attacks; at max level it does 8. make sure you don't have more link capacity than you do attack capacity :)

Is there one particularly useful element that I should focus on in the fifth maze? I just retired my L/D into an
Imperial/Runemaster
and I don't want to spread my points too thin.

Interesting combination. I know nothing about that class. Why that combo?

Basically, the Link skills all deal damage and "mark" a target; the next attack (that turn) will detonate the mark for additional damage. Improved Link will increase the number of times you can detonate the mark (that turn) for bonus damage and Link Mastery has each subsequent detonation deal more and more damage.

So a Link-based Party will find a way to buff up their Landsknecht (+ debuff the enemy) and then have the rest of their party able to generate the number of attacks (~8 per turn) you need. The end result is a large number of attacks per turn that deal a really high amount of damage.

That said, Links don't really work until Level 20 (Improved Link) and they really shine at Level 40 (Link Mastery).

Edit: Normally, this is done with a Landsknecht + Dancer. The Dancer can be setup to Chase the attacks (or cause others to chase their attacks if you use Trick Samba instead) as well so you end up with a LOT of attacks happening these turns.

It's not the "omg greatest have to do this" party or anything, just one of the really good team-wide synergies.

Heh I still haven't been able to really invest in Trick/Chase Samba sadly. Too busy pumping swords dance, attack tango (halved it and may keep it there), refresh waltz, regen waltz... So many good skills

I might respec him later and drop Attack Tango for the Trick Line since all those extra attacks will make up for it.

scy

Interesting combination. I know nothing about that class. Why that combo?

Quite simply put,
/R is the best sub for increasing Elemental Damage. The reverse, R/I, is also really good as it makes the Runemaster incredibly self-sufficient TP wise and /I is also the second best boost to Elemental Damage. That said, /B ultimately gives more Damage but it has Rage and Charge for actives you'd want up

Quite simply put,
/R the best sub for increasing Elemental Damage. The reverse, R/I, is also really good as it makes the Runemaster incredibly self-sufficient TP wise and /I is also the second best boost to Elemental Damage

Ah. I thought one of the better combos was
I/B
though.

scy

Ah. I thought one of the better combos was
I/B
though.

Dang, I should've edited faster :x
Yeah, I/B does better damage in the end since the Drives are all dual-type anyway and you get better multipliers out of it (plus Charge synergizes with them really well). /R gives you some good passive bonuses for it but it's not quite the same, really. It's still basically the second best choice, depending on how you feel about I/N and relying on Follow Trace

Hmm so I finally took a look at forging. If I am using a Link Landsnekcht do I want his weapon to have +Elemental Damage or +ATK? I'm assuming +Ele damage but I don't know if the game has some weird logic where the links are technically physical based so benefit more from +ATK.

scy

I want to say that the Links actually don't work with ELM but I'm not entirely sure why I want to say that.

jineha

Neo Member
This time I tried no fortress and no medic. My party has been working well almost all the part, but has a lot of, a lot of trouble with the 6th maze boss.
Finally, I did it. Everyone can have their own strategy. This is EO. Great game.

However, I strongly recommend to pick F up. I will never play EO without him.

Volcynika

Atlus USA's twitter posted another QR code for Rafflesia Nectar. I can get it later when I get home or (again, sorry :X) if someone can upload it to imgur, I'll add it to the OP. I'm not sure if it's equipment or loot though. D:

Trying a buttfuck stupid A/M-Heavy Tank spec F/B combo going into Stratum 4 while relegating my self-named M/R to an elemental team. Wish me luck.

Scylla uses Cry Soul!
400, 400, 400, 400, 400!

;__;

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch I lived on that floor grinding leveling up a HaXXor and respeccing my usually-always-Volt Arcanist to kill her. Shit would get out of hand somehow, someway until I did. The only other boss that came close was Colossus.

zashga

Finally beat the game last night, and this has got to be my favorite entry in the series. There are a lot of little, incremental improvements and a few awesome things (like animated enemies) that just put it over the top. Also, I really love the soundtrack. The old synth stuff was great, but so is the new sound. I like that they went with live recorded music that's not the generic orchestral/choral stuff that you hear everywhere. That decision was probably predicated by their budget, but it really suits Yuzo Koshiro's style and keeps the sound relatively distinctive.

Speaking of the music, I liked the recurring theme that played in the intro and then later . Normally I'm not a big fan of recurring themes, but this one is pretty subtle and interesting. Every time I boot the game I have to listen to that music for a minute before loading my game. Helps lower my blood pressure after my guild meets with a terrible fate, so that's a plus.

Speaking of frustration, is there a trick to dealing with
Sky Emperors
in the postgame? Their instant death move tends to kill all five of my party members in the same turn, even the ones who are wearing death-resistant armor. Guess I just need to kill them faster.

Boogiepop

And I cleared the main game. I'm guessing new game+ is just if you want to re-experience the story? I mean, as far as I could tell, none of the choices mattered, unlike 3.

Also, I'm now going to have to try to resist the temptation of diving right into the post-game stuff, as I've been neglecting Fire Emblem pretty bad.

Plated Chasers are the worst FOEs in EOIV.

Evasion bullcrap hax. Irritated me more than enemies that use stone moves.

I had to turn the 3DS off for about an hour. I was so enraged I almost tossed it. Battle was going great and then at 35% he started doing that shit and I couldn't hit with ANYTHING.

Just thinking about it now makes me furious. And I bet the shit they drop will make some awesome armor my Fortress can actually use right now.

Top Bottom