• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl |OT| B4 Fight & Heal, There Was Frederica

Ferrio

Banned
yup if you're on a set of stairs that isn't the main one of that floor, it got its own section of mapping to worry about. Somtimes you can just go down/up then immediately go up/down to activate the jump cuz you've done the mapping already.

Got to 3rd Stratum but still haven't finished Petaloid quest from the 2nd Stratum, can someone tell me the coordinates? :3

Working on that one myself now... ugh. Can't remember what floor the damn poison butterflies were either.

scy

Got to 3rd Stratum but still haven't finished Petaloid quest from the 2nd Stratum, can someone tell me the coordinates? :3

Floor 7, A4 (2,3)

Working on that one myself now... ugh. Can't remember what floor the damn poison butterflies were either.

Presumably for the Insect Eyes? There's a fairly common encounter
behind the White Crystal doors, it's a large area so you'll probably fight a few while mapping it

Ferrio

Banned
Floor 7, A4 (2,3)

Presumably for the Insect Eyes? There's a fairly common encounter
behind the White Crystal doors, it's a large area so you'll probably fight a few while mapping it

I haven't even figured out how to open those.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I was driving myself crazy try to figure out this healing thing and I finally stumbled upon a reliable method. You need the final elderevenge buff from Rosa. Then, cast echoing rondo followed by peace ballad. This breaks echoing's one turn limit so that it can proc infinity times and you can enjoy a billion healing per round. And yes, you must cast the songs in that order. If you cast peaceful first it will not work.

Now I can of finally go to bed.

Screw this 5 days on 8F, such a stupid quest. Easy to cheese, but god damn tedious.

After seeing that quest in the first game and trying too hard to get the quest on 22F in EO2 that unlocks something important to no avail, I just have to skip all quests like this. Thanks for pointing this out! I have grown, over the last two years, to have absolutely no desire to finish lots of quests in a game, and while EO3's dungeon quests were almost all fun, I can't do the Xenoblade / Skyrim filler anymore.

Once I start CoH2, it'll be the same for that game too. I just have to remember if there was a "auto-defeat" setting in that game or if it was an item that allowed you to skip encounters or both...but anyway, that's off-topic.

It looks like my Untold adventure will start in late 2014 my this rate - still glad I bought it day one.

Ferrio

Banned
After seeing that quest in the first game and trying too hard to get the quest on 22F in EO2 that unlocks something important to no avail, I just have to skip all quests like this. Thanks for pointing this out! I have grown, over the last two years, to have absolutely no desire to finish lots of quests in a game, and while EO3's dungeon quests were almost all fun, I can't do the Xenoblade / Skyrim filler anymore.

Once I start CoH2, it'll be the same for that game too. I just have to remember if there was a "auto-defeat" setting in that game or if it was an item that allowed you to skip encounters or both...but anyway, that's off-topic.

It looks like my Untold adventure will start in late 2014 my this rate - still glad I bought it day one.

This one is easy. There's a room with no monsters on this floor, set it to autopath. Just stupid as hell though.

This one is easy. There's a room with no monsters on this floor, set it to autopath. Just stupid as hell though.

Yeah...I totally forgot about autopathing because I've never used it - my bad. That automates the process so I'll probably do it when I get there. Thanks!

I'm not sure I'm feeling Story Mode. One of the great things about the original was the mystery and the sense of discovery in the labyrinth. These anime tropes quacking incessantly pretty much removes that feeling. I am going to continue though, since I have already played and finished the original, restarting on Classic Mode would seem a bit wasteful. I can guarantee that a replay on Classic Mode with FM Synth will happen at some point, because the original is still one of my favorite games ever.

GeekyDad

How is everybody divvying up Arthur's skill points? Not much here I'm terribly excited about, and I really ain't thrilled about using him on the front line (Pain Formula, etc.)

slayn

needs to show more effort.
How is everybody divvying up Arthur's skill points? Not much here I'm terribly excited about, and I really ain't thrilled about using him on the front line (Pain Formula, etc.)
My current build is 10 volt, 5 ice, 1 fire, and 1 point in flame/freeze/spark/cocytus/thor. I also have scavenge at 10. Not terribly exciting but effective.

I also have analysis at 5 but never use it anymore because I don't have the buff slots.

scy

Is there still a point to leveling Immunize, since it's working as intended now (I think)?

It's rather weak now (85% Rank 1, 75% Rank 10, 70% Rank 15) and "Elements" here actually refers to just Fire, Ice, and Volt and not actually all Elements. Likewise, Defender is the same with Physical but not Elemental.

Troubadour and Hexer buff/debuff reach the 80% mark (70% at 15) and work on all damage, for the curious.

Wishing that Alchemists weren't again the most boring of classes ;__; I went Focus to 5 and Fire > Volt > Ice priority due to weakness relevance on bosses. Analysis is nice but it's awkwardly situated as an Active.

Pain / Light stuff seems like it could be really damn useful with some other stuff. Say, with some Grimoire use. Something I'm looking to try when I go into Grimoire farming later.

GeekyDad

Wishing that Alchemists weren't again the most boring of classes ;__; I went Focus to 5 and Fire > Volt > Ice priority due to weakness relevance on bosses. Analysis is nice but it's awkwardly situated as an Active.

Pain / Light stuff seems like it could be really damn useful with some other stuff. Say, with some Grimoire use. Something I'm looking to try when I go into Grimoire farming later.

Agreed. Just not sure it's worth putting him on the front line for.

Hey guys,

I played the demo and didn't like the idea of story mode at all, but EO4 is probably my GOTY. Is Untold's classic mode worth it if you're coming at it from the idea of it being more EO4? I thought EO4 blended its classes and its balance really well to make a great experience. Is that true in Untold as well? Are the new skill trees a good time?

Thanks!

Anteo

Hey guys,

I played the demo and didn't like the idea of story mode at all, but EO4 is probably my GOTY. Is Untold's classic mode worth it if you're coming at it from the idea of it being more EO4? I thought EO4 blended its classes and its balance really well to make a great experience. Is that true in Untold as well? Are the new skill trees a good time?

Thanks!

Personally I dont like the skilltrees in this one, I felt 4 was better balanced (the highlander looks cool but you need to play story to import him to clasic). Still, I'm having lots of fun runing on expert with no medic nor tank, quite fun trying to survive with the other chars heals.

Ferrio

Banned
Personally I dont like the skilltrees in this one, I felt 4 was better balanced (the highlander looks cool but you need to play story to import him to clasic). Still, I'm having lots of fun runing on expert with no medic nor tank, quite fun trying to survive with the other chars heals.

Agreed. Most of the skills are pretty meh, and I can't for the life of me figure why I want to keep the hexer in my party. Her only damage comes from a really stupid fear mechanic.

This sounds like a game I should check out for $20 in a year or something, when more time has passed since EO4.

Thanks for the input!

Anteo

Agreed. Most of the skills are pretty meh, and I can't for the life of me figure why I want to keep the hexer in my party. Her only damage comes from a really stupid fear mechanic.

Yeah, hexer looks like a late game monster like I said, early is pretty useless. I had one when I restarted but I dropped it. You really need a high damage party to make the most of it so enemies can die while disabled, which is kind of hard early in the game.

This sounds like a game I should check out for $20 in a year or something, when more time has passed since EO4.

Thanks for the input!

Well Atlus games become pretty rare. And not many people go for the digital version so I dont see the game droping in price because of it. This game is good, and has some things over EO4: I like the floor maps more than eo4, and the lack of overworld means more big floors to explore from the beginign of the game, the second floor is bigger than most of the maps of the second dugeon on EO4.

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah, hexer looks like a late game monster like I said, early is pretty useless. I had one when I restarted but I dropped it. You really need a high damage party to make the most of it so enemies can die while disabled, which is kind of hard early in the game.

)

Why do they need to die while disabled?

I think I might eventually retire her for a land. Or if I keep her my alchemist is going to become a frontline fighter.

Anteo

Why do they need to die while disabled?

I think I might eventually retire her for a land. Or if I keep her my alchemist is going to become a frontline fighter.

My party was Land/Ronin/Trou + Surv/Hexer, meaning that while the enemy are blind/panic state they were not a big threat, but as soon as they break from that they could destroy the party. Better to kill them while they cant fight you as effective otherwise the hexer is just making the battles longer, not easier.

The other problem was when the status failed to land. Hexer was a dead weight. I guess later they would be more reliable.

Edit: Also, panic is not as usefull as it sounds early.

Ferrio

Banned
Ah, well I already have a dark hunter so my hexer is kinda redudant. At this point i'm trying to get a good grimoire from her to give to my dark hunter, then she's free to retire.

Anteo

I actually dropped the hexer for a frontline hunter and moved the troubador to the backline, the party now deals damage really fast and can deal with some enemies better.

We need scy to confirm who is better at landing status/blinds. I guess the hexer due to his mastery skill but the dh has great damage so I would not drop her really.

Edit: Freaking one armed bug killed everyone but the Survivalist. And then misses the killing turn on her. I basically won because of the RNG
And no thread, time to walk back.

Ferrio

Banned
Well ideally I'm hoping to get the mastery grimoired to my hunter. Though her suicide move is starting to do damage... i just hate that it relies on fear.

scy

Hexer success rate is definitely greater than DH. To what extent, however, I couldn't tell you. It'll take some time for me to figure it out.

ohlawd

Hexer success rate is definitely greater than DH. To what extent, however, I couldn't tell you. It'll take some time for me to figure it out.
Might help the process if you offer your blood to our heavenly queen, Raquna.

Anteo

When the game says "increased succes of ailments" it also applies to binds?

Ferrio

Banned
Strat 2 down.

Fight was easy... as much as I bad mouth hexer... a fear+suicide locks him down half the fight.

Anteo

If that will freeze time, I will sacrifice everything to the Canadian Goddess.

I want to go with no. I haven't looked into it yet.

The land has the charge that increases many things along with ailment hit rate. since they have blind and head bind I though it may apply for both

scy

The land has the charge that increases many things along with ailment hit rate. since they have blind and head bind I though it may apply for both

On one hand, I'd agree with that but I never trust logic :x On the other hand, it's still worth testing at some point.

Most classes seem to have a skill that seems ideal for Support / Grimoire use.

Does Limiteless also remove "Must be used in Frontline" requirement or just the weapon requirement?

Just the Weapon Requirement, I believe. I haven't toyed with it much.

What does boost do btw?

It adds 5 levels to the skill.

Ferrio

Banned
I want everyone to have a lvl 10 severing slash grimoire... the chances of that happening... nil.

Also which does more damage, charging slash or swallow strike?

Anteo

If I understood correctly, boost adds +5 to the level of the next skill and can go up to level 15 (even if the character can only learn it up to level 10)

I want everyone to have a lvl 10 severing slash grimoire... the chances of that happening... nil.

Didnt scy post a way to not spend one stone while fusing? get one and just abuse the thing!
But really that sounds hard to even get

ohlawd

eff you Shilleka, I ain't buying nothing from you if I don't want to.

I want Wynne and her lady boners back :(

scy

My gut wants to say Swallow Strike but I haven't used a Ronin. If it's the Midareba equivalent (which it sounds like based off the name~), it'll probably be the one.

Didnt scy post a way to not spend one stone while fusing? get one and just abuse the thing!

That's unfortunately not how it works. Doing that won't use that Grimoire Stone at all, you merely get to use that many slots. So if you have a 4-slot Grimoire Stone you do this with, the resulting Grimoire Stone will have 4-slots still ... but it won't have any of the skills of that original one.

It's really best to just try it and see what I mean it does :x I'm not very good with words lol

tuffy

I just hit the second stratum myself, and so far it's still going pretty smoothly. I've been throwing all my Dark Hunter's points into binds and they've been consistently saving my backside; it makes a big difference when the stratum boss can't use his head for three straight turns, for instance.

The funniest thing was hitting level 15 while on floor 5 and all the FOE auras immediately turned blue. Like the game giving me the OK to clear them all out.

ohlawd

Hit 4th Stratum about an hour and a half ago. Gah none of these new pub quests are straightforward but fishing contest was fun. Nailed second place with seven fish. I wonder how many I needed for first.

Raquna's getting her glorious butt handed by mobs with their multi attacks. What moves should I be using after a Provoke? Defend doesn't really help. Her equips are usually up-to-date.

scy

Hit 4th Stratum about an hour and a half ago. Gah none of these new pub quests are straightforward but fishing contest was fun. Nailed second place with seven fish. I wonder how many I needed for first.

Raquna's getting her glorious butt handed by mobs with their multi attacks. What moves should I be using after a Provoke? Defend doesn't really help. Her equips are usually up-to-date.

Defend as in the command Defend? Or Defender?

Anyway, Provoke -> Fortify -> Parry (if you're expecting one/two/three hits, depending on Parry rank) or Front Guard (if you're expecting Line damage and want to protect others).

I was playing Classic and I just erased my save file to play Story first. You guys are pretty fast, I'm in mid terms and I haven't been able to fully dive into this game.

Top Bottom