• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl |OT| B4 Fight & Heal, There Was Frederica

It's the Steam sale mentality bleeding over to handheld games and since they hardly ever go on sale, my brain is immediately on overdrive mode :(

Hopefully it all works out

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It'll be up in nine hours.

Going to buy this and RF 4 tomorrow on the eshop.

EO 1 is my favorite game in the genre. Funny thing is, I didn't play the demo. Not because of the random complaints people were throwing around (too easy, too story driven, same old, same old) no, it's because after having 4 games filled with nothing but female party members I couldn't decide on a name for the male protagonist!

I've got one finally so I'll play story mode, unlock the stuff for the real mode and play that...when I get some time off From RF 4, Pokémon X, PW 5. Priorities suck.

Busaiku

I'm totally stuck on this first mission...
I'm pretty sure I mapped out everything here, and there are two crystals which I marked with purple orbs, but I can't seem to go on.

Thoraxes

I'm totally stuck on this first mission...
I'm pretty sure I mapped out everything here, and there are two crystals which I marked with purple orbs, but I can't seem to go on.
You'll notice that when you look in a direction, an area will become slightly less opaque (representing a vision cone of a direction you've already seen, so to speak). Your field of vision looking in each direction is "uncovered" as you look in a direction. Chances are you probably need to look south while at the staircase.

The goal is to fill in that entire space to get them to all be "white" in addition to your mapping skills.

vall03

Ace Attorney 5 demo is up on eShop but EOU still isn't, dammit Nintendo! You just promoted this game in the Direct!

Ryuukan

peace

LnfHIZP.jpg

I think there was a game in the box too

Anteo

Time to start exploring, will set WW aside for now.

Edit: So the music is the old music for Classic mode for default. Interesting

Edit2: No alternate color for the party members? Come on you could have added that altus(rip)!

Time to start exploring, will set WW aside for now.

Edit: So the music is the old music for Classic mode for default. Interesting

Edit2: No alternate color for the party members? Come on you could have added that altus(rip)!

you mean no alt colors in story mode?

So. Club Nintendo code included but no points?

It seems like maybe you only get points for the download version, at least based on the website showing that is what registers.

tuffy

I'm playing classic brah
Alt colors didn't show up until EOIII if I remember correctly. Having some palette swaps at least would've been nice, but they probably used up their new character design budget for the story mode.

Anteo

Alt colors didn't show up until EOIII if I remember correctly. Having some palette swaps at least would've been nice, but they probably used up their new character design budget for the story mode.

Well at least they had budget to make models for the walls, instead of using flat textures :lol
Anyways is not like I need more than the basic colors, but having choice is always nice.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The music right off the bat is so much better to me than IV's. It was pretty there, but the tone was just so damn off for a game like that. This fits the mood and keeps that lushness.

Wrapped up the demo this evening. The set characters really improved the experience for me, and help cut down the time of customizing my party, I've spent way to much time on the previous games trying to choose who to use and how to set them up.

I will be picking up my copy tomorrow.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm glad you only lose 2 levels for resetting your skill points now. 10 was such a steep penalty.

Expect that the standard character builds from EO1 won't be as viable in EOU because of rebalancing and bug fixes.

Except for maybe the Protector.

Got my copy today! I'm excited to have a new EO to play through. It's a little silly that you can't have a Hi or G in classic but can still see their weapons in the shop.

vall03

Just reached B4F after my morning rituals, Right now, I'm still unsure with my party builds. I'm even thinking on going Picnic so I can finish the game faster since Pokemon is just around the corner.

But the bigger question is, which team should I join?

#TeamFrederica or #TeamRaquna? or maybe #TeamBoth ;)

spiritfox

Just reached B4F after my morning rituals, Right now, I'm still unsure with my party builds. I'm even thinking on going Picnic so I can finish the game faster since Pokemon is just around the corner.

But the bigger question is, which team should I join?

#TeamFrederica or #TeamRaquna? or maybe #TeamBoth ;)

#teamcanada

Kazerei

Banned
After we finished the first stratum, Raquna was like "hey let's go to the pub for some drinks"

I love her so much

epmode

I was happy with the middle difficulty in EO4 so I guess I should max it here? Being able to retry a fight in standard difficulty just feels... wrong.
forgot to preorder it. does all copies come with the OST?

It's not an OST at all. 6 tracks, no big loss if you don't get it.

ohlawd

oh yeahhhhh crap pic quality aside. lolflash

didn't get to play as much as I wanted. Got lost in the mall so I lost time >_> I'm on B5F and I dunno what horrors await me.

3 hours in, don't care no sir. This is the best or 2nd best game to come out this year. Me being hasty? Not a chance.

Never played the original EO but this is quite fun. I'm loving the option between new and classic OST. Especially since the toggle seems to be separate between field and battle. I like keeping the dungeon on new, but the classic battle music sounds way cooler to me.

ohlawd

I've alternated between the two OSTs while playing.

Old just isn't doing it for me but I'll continue switching for the off chance I start to like it.

Top Bottom