• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl |OT| B4 Fight & Heal, There Was Frederica

Anteo

I'm playing classic with old bgm and no voices.
When I'm finished I'll move to story with voices and all the new stuff

vall03

For some reason, I want to play Story mode in Picnic difficulty and just go straight to Expert with Classic mode. But a part of me says not to, cant decide!

I was gonna do the old OST and then the town music hit and I will never look back.

That said, I like story mode. It's fun. I like the characters and sometimes I just enjoy being given confines and told "That's all you get" and seeing how I can mess around within them.

Eusis

Seriously, I'm so bummed with the booklet.
Didn't pop in the CD yet though.
Between this and GTAV we're having a Canadian revolution in gaming!

Also can't think of too many examples that could be further apart. Especially when you contrast the characters.

I wish story mode had alt colors

4FwIH.png

Ibuki

Banned
I got the game, but I am confused on a couple of things.
How do I map the big crystals, and how do I interact with them? I am still on the opening where it says Map BF1. Will it notify me when my map is completed? Or do I just choose to leave the area and complete it?

Anteo

I got the game, but I am confused on a couple of things.
How do I map the big crystals, and how do I interact with them? I am still on the opening where it says Map BF1. Will it notify me when my map is completed? Or do I just choose to leave the area and complete it?

1) In any way you want, I just put a closed door icon with a small note saying its a white crystal (the icon with the red triangle in the top left). The note thing can be put on top of another icon unlike others.

2)It seems that it notifies you in this game, this did not happen in other entries as it was not needed. The only reason why you are notified now is because you get a bonus for getting a good map now.

3)You can leave, but if you are in the first quest that asks you to map a part of the map (the red square) you will need to finish it and talk to the guard again. It wont notify you when you complete that part, it only does when you get the full floor.

Also, there should be a set of stair on the top of your map, that's the entrance to the next part of the dugeon. If you think you are done with that floor (and finished the first quest already) go the stairs and keep exploring

Ibuki

Banned
1) In any way you want, I just put a closed door icon with a small note saying its a white crystal (the icon with the red triangle in the top left). The note thing can be put on top of another icon unlike others.

2)It seems that it notifies you in this game, this did not happen in other entries as it was not needed. The only reason why you are notified now is because you get a bonus for getting a good map now.

3)You can leave, but if you are in the first quest that asks you to map a part of the map (the red square) you will need to finish it and talk to the guard again. It wont notify you when you complete that part, it only does when you get the full floor.

Also, there should be a set of stair on the top of your map, that's the entrance to the next part of the dugeon. If you think you are done with that floor (and finished the first quest already) go the stairs and keep exploring

Thank you, this was really helpful. I actually found out I had missed a small portion from marking a wall where there was an opening. Finally I found the problem. :p

So. Club Nintendo code included but no points?

It seems like maybe you only get points for the download version, at least based on the website showing that is what registers.

Yeah I just tried registering and it told me that there were no points or survey for this game. I've never seen that happen for a game that actually has a Club Nintendo code.

Volcynika

Yeah I just tried registering and it told me that there were no points or survey for this game. I've never seen that happen for a game that actually has a Club Nintendo code.

Atlus USA's revenge for someone stealing the SMT IV Club Nintendo code from that game's unboxing, clearly!

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I decided to go with story mode since I wanted to see the extra dungeon and the highlander class. To those playing classic, am I correct in assuming you can't go to the other dungeon via the geomagnetic poles? If that is correct, I am glad I decided to go story since I think not having that dungeon is kind of missing out... especially since I just fought a boss there.

Highlander is pretty cool. I like the self sacrifice mechanic of draining yourself and it is surprisingly self reliant. Using the attack that hurts yourself to hit an entire row, killing them, and having the passive that heals the party whenever you kill something (including the damage you just did to yourself) is very light on TP investment. Looking forward to seeing the damage numbers of delayed charge.

Took the first stratum boss down on my first try at level 15 playing on expert. Could definitely be done lower as I completely misjudged how the adds would work and made some really terrible plays but managed to pull victory out right on the last turn I had to live. Sadly, didn't have an opportunity to apply formaldehyde given how much of my party was dead at the end.

I'm rather disappointed with the medic's poison ability. Usually in EO games jumping a poison skill up to max right away is extremely powerful but I'm only doing ~200 damage per tick with it and I imagine that will be outclassed right after the first stratum.

scy

I'm rather disappointed with the medic's poison ability. Usually in EO games jumping a poison skill up to max right away is extremely powerful but I'm only doing ~200 damage per tick with it and I imagine that will be outclassed right after the first stratum.

I haven't toyed with it much (only got like two hours of play time in) but it seems to scale with TEC rather than being a flat amount.

Anteo

So I saw the description for difficulties in the menu. Basically says Expert is for masochists, or eo experts.

Ferrio

Banned
So not liking Hexer so far. Has too much overlap with dark hunter... and there's like almost no attack skills. Trying to figure out if it'll be worth it having her stick around.. but with the amout of classes that I already have that debuff I'm not too sure. Might throw her out for a Land, not sure yet.

Anteo

So Ontario is still a thing in clasic mode.
Also from what I undestand hexer is a late game monster. Not so much early.

Kazerei

Banned
Atlus USA's revenge for someone stealing the SMT IV Club Nintendo code from that game's unboxing, clearly!

It wasn't me I swear!

So Ontario is still a thing in clasic mode.
Also from what I undestand hexer is a late game monster. Not so much early.

Cool, so how does Ontario get brought up in classic mode?

I've been play story mode. At the mansion you get occasionally get packages from Raquna's dad. First package had
maple syrup (two different types!) and we made maple ice cream.
The second package had
ice wine, venison, potatoes and some other stuff. We made poutine!
Such fun little events :)

Anteo

It wasn't me I swear!

Cool, so how does Ontario get brought up in classic mode?

I've been play story mode. At the mansion you get occasionally get packages from Raquna's dad. First package had
The second package had

The Sheldon family is a thing in classic mode, I took a request from them and the reward was getting the mansion. I got a new request from them now (the guildkeeper mentioned Ontario when talking about them), but I wont go to B3F yet. I need the gathering party to get some extra levels.

Edit: That reminds me, in EO3, some of the sea cities had names from old real world places.

BearChair

The second package had

Has anyone played the Japanese version? What region was used that Atlus decided to localize at Ontario?

Anteo

I don't know which mode to start on. I never played EO1. What do you guys think?

Flip a coin.

I went for Classic to enjoy my first run in these dugeons. After that I will play story to enjoy the story. If I did it the other way starting with story, I would get both the new dugeons and the story in one run making the classic run afterwards feel kind of empty imo

Must not have had the SKU enabled yesterday. CN Survey is showing up for me now.

I really am enjoying the Story Mode. A cool addition. Hard mode does not seem that hard so far (at least how I remember 3 being) so any veterans should probably stick to that mode.

Anteo

Must not have had the SKU enabled yesterday. CN Survey is showing up for me now.

I really am enjoying the Story Mode. A cool addition. Hard mode does not seem that hard so far (at least how I remember 3 being) so any veterans should probably stick to that mode.

I am worried Expert ends up being unbalanced, as its just a % -damage you deal and % +damage the enemy do instead of balancing their stats.

Busaiku

When I tried registering the code on Tuesday morning (around 1 AM), it told me that I couldn't register at that time, but I got the impression that it was still recognized as a valid code.

Ferrio

Banned
There a way to see what debuffs/buffs are on an enemy? Doesn't seem to be the same was as it was in EO4.. that or I'm stupid.

Only 3 debuffs and 1 status effect at a time right?

slayn

needs to show more effort.
There a way to see what debuffs/buffs are on an enemy? Doesn't seem to be the same was as it was in EO4.. that or I'm stupid.

Only 3 debuffs and 1 status effect at a time right?
I don't think you've ever been able to see enemy buffs/debuffs in any EO and it has always annoyed me. And I always spend a while bringing up my own buffs/debuffs over and over again thinking, "Surely there is a way..." and then there never is.

I am worried Expert ends up being unbalanced, as its just a % -damage you deal and % +damage the enemy do instead of balancing their stats.

Yeah, when I was playing the demo I noticed a difference when I switched to expert. I just fought a ragelope on the 2nd floor, having just loaded up my save. It just makes battles a bit more challenging, I suppose standard mode will be a more balanced difficulty.

Ricker

Playing classic (first time playing EO1) on expert.

My party:

Dark Hunter
Ronin
Alchemist
Troubadour
Hexer

Good luck with that lol...not with your choices of party but I am not quite sure you realise how hard EO1 was...its a real challenge but if you are up to it and a patient gamer,go for it...(is classic on expert easier then normal old EO1...?)

Ferrio

Banned
Good luck with that lol...not with your choices of party but I am not quite sure you realise how hard EO1 was...its a real challenge but if you are up to it and a patient gamer,go for it...(is classic on expert easier then normal old EO1...?)

I switched off. Maybe once my team gets rolling I'll do expert... but the party is way too abnormal to do expert right now. Need some of the classes to get their healing skills first.

knkng

Enjoying story mode so far, but I've got a question about the Guild House (I don't recall this from previous games).

Inside the guildkeeper has an option for "Prepare", which currently lists a bunch of different coffee cups. They are very vague, like "raise party HP" and stuff like that. I chose "Recover TP after every battle" and when I checked back some of the other options were gone, and another one had "GOOD" next to it.

So basically, what is this? Is this a permanent stat boost? Timed stat boost? Why did the options disappear and/or change around when I picked one? There is nothing in the manual explaining this...

Ferrio

Banned
Enjoying story mode so far, but I've got a question about the Guild House (I don't recall this from previous games).

Inside the guildkeeper has an option for "Prepare", which currently lists a bunch of different coffee cups. They are very vague, like "raise party HP" and stuff like that. I chose "Recover TP after every battle" and when I checked back some of the other options were gone, and another one had "GOOD" next to it.

So basically, what is this? Is this a permanent stat boost? Timed stat boost? Why did the options disappear and/or change around when I picked one? There is nothing in the manual explaining this...

Think they're pretty much like food buffs from EO4. Soon as you exit the dungeon they're gone.

knkng

Think they're pretty much like food buffs from EO4. Soon as you exit the dungeon they're gone.

Meh, I'll just skip that stuff then. It would be nice if they explained how you unlock new foods. Maybe doing the Guild House request missions?

Thanks either way.

scy

I mean, why skip then? They're cheap and the bonuses aren't that bad (+~1-3 TP per turn for 50en is pretty good, for instance). The GOOD is a random effect (e.g., higher Grimoire Chance rate, higher EXP, etc.). There's also BAD effects so I guess that's worth keeping in mind.

knkng

I mean, why skip then? They're cheap and the bonuses aren't that bad (+~1-3 TP per turn for 50en is pretty good, for instance). The GOOD is a random effect (e.g., higher Grimoire Chance rate, higher EXP, etc.). There's also BAD effects so I guess that's worth keeping in mind.

Might be something to keep in mind for a boss battle, but with the new fast travel I've been in and out of the dungeon so frequently it wouldn't matter anyways (yeah, I've been playing like a bitch :p)

vall03

Since I'm sure a lot of people won't touch Picnic difficulty, well its literally a very very easy mode. You can even auto-attack FOEs and Bosses, then stop to heal and you won't have any problem at all!

Since I'm sure a lot of people won't touch Picnic difficulty, well its literally a very very easy mode. You can even auto-attack FOEs and Bosses, then stop to heal and you won't have any problem at all!

that's just sad. I don't see why anyone would play that, I'm fine with there being an Expert/Normal mode.

Top Bottom