• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] Big savings on PS4 games start today, double discounts for PS Plus members

Hmm, I wonder if Freedom Cry is worth those €5,75 ?

Even though we all hate Ubisoft these days :D

I think so.

The story is well done, the gameplay is decent. I'd bite if you liked Black Flag. It's the last Assassins I played, I feel I left the series on a somewhat high note.

Mogwai

I think so.

The story is well done, the gameplay is decent. I'd bite if you liked Black Flag. It's the last Assassins I played, I feel I left the series on a somewhat high note.
It's a pretty low price so I better just go with it. Played Black Flag on PC, but I assume the PS4 version runs it without any issues?

Griss

Goddamn it, I bought Freedom Cry and am now getting a bug after the first mission that says "Install in Progress". It starts at 25%, takes an hour to install, then ticks back to 25% again, never completing. Can't find any info online. Have deleted and redownloaded and reinstalled the game. Both times I waited for it to be fully downloaded.

Should have known with all the AC shenanigans going on right now that this was too good to be true. To anyone eying that deal - be warned.

These are only big savings because they are overpriced to begin with. Pretty sure when I was in London last month, most of these were cheaper in stores, at least used. The rest I can get the physical JP version cheaper. Why is it that vita digital prices are much more reasonable and the sales more irresistible - is it really cos of the competition with smartphones which publishers think home consoles don't compete with?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont think they know what the word "big" means when it comes to discounts, its just a bunch of 25% savings

I'll ask again here.

I just tried to add funds to my wallet with PayPal. But the store tells me that the transaction fails. I do however get an email from PayPal that the transaction was successful and would go through as soon as Sony confirmed it.
Is this normal behaviour for the store? o_O

I just want to give them money, why make it as complicated as possible?

MUnited83

For you.
It's a pretty low price so I better just go with it. Played Black Flag on PC, but I assume the PS4 version runs it without any issues?

I didn't played this standalone version specifically, but Black Flag ran at 30fps locked without drops at all so I assume the same is true for this.

Killzone, Resogun and Ground Zeroes bought. Too bad I already got Sherlock a couple of weeks ago at full price. Same with Metro games, I bought them just before they went on sale a couple of weeks back... They were all great games, so I got my money's worth, but still annoying.

Minamu

Is the AC Black Flag stand-alone game worth it? It's pretty cheap and the only worthwhile piece of DLC for Black Flag as far as I know, right? Edit: Seems people like it above :D

Mogwai

Is the AC Black Flag stand-alone game worth it? It's pretty cheap and the only worthwhile piece of DLC for Black Flag as far as I know, right?
I wish hadn't bought it. It seems like there's a bug that makes the game freeze for a second and then work normally again. It happens every 5 mins or so.

I posted in the Black Flag thread yesterday. No response, unfortunately.

This is why digital on consoles is shit, think you're getting a bargin and what you actually are getting is the prices at retail now.

Minamu

I wish hadn't bought it. It seems like there's a bug that makes the game freeze for a second and then work normally again. It happens every 5 mins or so.

I posted in the Black Flag thread yesterday. No response, unfortunately.
Odd :/ Seen anything about it on other sites?

Mogwai

Odd :/ Seen anything about it on other sites?
Haven't been able to find anything about it.

The question is whether it could be my console or perhaps the HDD. It's just strange as I don't have any loading/freezing issues in other games. I think I'll do a reinstall when I get home today.

In any case, AC games are so goddamn glitchy these days. I guess there's a chance that you won't have any problem ;)

Stealth50

This is why digital on consoles is shit, think you're getting a bargin and what you actually are getting is the prices at retail now.
PSN Sale price better than Amazon UK: (9/12)
EA Sports: UFC (PSN Sale 22£/Amazon UK 43£)
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (PSN Sale 14£/Amazon UK: 33£)
MGS V Ground Zeroes (PSN Sale 7.5£/Amazon UK 16.4£)
Sniper Elite 3 (PSN Sale 25£/Amazon UK 30£)
Infamous Second Son (PSN Sale 21£/Amazon UK 27.5£)
Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments (PSN Sale 30£/Amazon UK 46.9£)
Knack (PSN Sale 21£/Amazon UK 27£)
Killzone Shadow Fall (PSN Sale 17.5£/Amazon UK 27£)
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (PSN Sale 24£/Amazon UK 27£)

Amazon UK cheaper than PSN Sale price: (3/12)

Thief (PSN Sale 30£/Amazon UK 20£)
LEGO The Hobbit (PSN Sale 27.5£/Amazon UK 23.9£)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (PSN sale 27.5£/Amazon UK 21£)

Top Bottom