• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN: The Big in Japan sale

Bishop89

Because they're listed as going live on the 3rd, probably this afternoon (Evening where I am).

Persona 2 is closer to the original in gameplay. Persona 3 is very much like Persona 4.

would you recommend 2 if I wasnt the biggest fan of the dungeon crawling / random encounters of the first?

3 seems like a good choice if I am enjoying 4, right?

Nah it's supposed to be the Vita AND the PS3 version, but i think they'll have to fix it, some RE are not discounted yet as well.

damn, was kind of hoping it was the vita version only so I wouldnt have to pick.

I cant decide which version to get.

Is there any drawback choosing the vita version over the ps3 one?
I would imagine it would look & perform worse?

ramyeon

would you recommend 2 if I wasnt the biggest fan of the dungeon crawling / random encounters of the first?

3 seems like a good choice if I am enjoying 4, right?
2 was my introduction to the series so I love it. But if you didn't like the dungeon crawling and the random encounters of the original I can't really recommend it to you in good faith. It's not first person dungeon crawling but the random encounters are pretty frequent.

You will probably enjoy 3, yeah, it's great.

Bishop89

That's a cheap-ass Ni No Kuni. Might have to buy it. Also, everyone should buy Catherine. It's one of the best games of last gen!

very very hard game!

2 was my introduction to the series so I love it. But if you didn't like the dungeon crawling and the random encounters of the original I can't really recommend it to you in good faith. It's not first person dungeon crawling but the random encounters are pretty frequent.

Cheers.

I very much enjoyed Persona 4 and many of the other SMT games, are Persona 2 and 3 worth checking out?

If you like Persona 4 then definitely check out Persona 3 Portable. It's a little older and rougher around the edges but they're generally quite similar. Persona 2 is more old-fashioned but still worth a look.

Aru

I have 8.52€ left in my wallet.
Judging by the demo, the battle system of Ni no Kuni didn't impress me and I don't particularly love or hate the light hearted Ghibli stories. So even for 5€, I don't think Ni no Kuni is worth the time.

I think I'll keep my money to eventually buy both DDS games when they go on sale, someday.

Usobuko

Banned
I don't follow PSN sales carefully, what are the good deals here? As in, at one of the lowest price point for these games on PSN.

Khrno

So when does the discount go live today?

I need to buy Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix and Trails in the Sky.

LayLa

which of Graces, Xillia or Symphonia would people recommend? my only experience with the series is about 10 hours of Abyss and really disliked the characters & battle system so stopped playing.

NateDog

which of Graces, Xillia or Symphonia would people recommend? my only experience with the series is about 10 hours of Abyss and really disliked the characters & battle system so stopped playing.

Graces arguably has the best battle system, some of the characters aren't great and the story isn't wonderful either, but it's a really good RPG, I spent 130 hours doing everything and still didn't finish all the trials (although maybe I'm just slow). Symphonia is widely regarded as the best Tales game but the battle system might seem a little dated since it was on Gamecube and PS2. I'm not a fan of Xillia personally, battle system is OK but there's barely anything to do in the game and the characters aren't great either and I thought the story had a few holes in it.

Think I have to pick up Demons' Souls for that price. I've always wanted a physical copy but man €5.

I'm basically in the same boat as Bishop89. I was going to go for the Persona 2 / 3 bundle, but after reading this I'll probably just get 3. Thanks!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...uacamelee-stce-child-light-new-games-ps-plus/
New Deal of the Week in EU:
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS3) – Was €59.99/ £39.99/$79.95 now €39.99/ £24.99/ $49.95
R-Type Dimensions (PS3) – Was £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95, now £4.29/€5.19/AU$7.85 (Additional 10% PS Plus discount)
DC Universe Online – Sons of Trigon (8) (PS3/PS4)- Was £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95, now £5.79/€6.99/AU$10.45
DC Universe Online – The Battle for Earth (PS3/PS4) – Was £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95, now £5.79/€6.99/AU$10.45
Soul Sacrifice (Vita) – Was £29.99/€34.99/AU$47.95, now £14.99/€19.99/AU$24.95

What's with these PS3 only sales? Wolfenstein is on PS4 too but no sale - thanks Sony.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...uacamelee-stce-child-light-new-games-ps-plus/
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS3) – Was €59.99/ £39.99/$79.95 now €39.99/ £24.99/ $49.95
R-Type Dimensions (PS3) – Was £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95, now £4.29/€5.19/AU$7.85 (Additional 10% PS Plus discount)
DC Universe Online – Sons of Trigon (8) (PS3/PS4)- Was £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95, now £5.79/€6.99/AU$10.45
DC Universe Online – The Battle for Earth (PS3/PS4) – Was £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95, now £5.79/€6.99/AU$10.45

What's with these PS3 only sales? Wolfenstein is on PS4 too but no sale - thanks Sony.
You think Sony can force 3rd parties to put their PS4 content on sale? lol

So sony can control what 3rd parties want to put on sale?

So sony can control what 3rd parties want to put on sale?

Bethesda put Wolfenstein on a pretty big Steam sale, so it makes me wonder why they didn't do the same with PS4. There hasn't been any sale on anything on PS4 and now there is a month-old PS3 game on sale.

Why should I get a PS4 if the only thing I get are much more expensive versions of the same games that look a bit better?

WITHE1982

I'll be buying Demon's Souls again and starting over from scratch. Does anyone know if all the online services are still available for it? I read a while back that they had been stopped.

Oh and I only needed to complete one more task to 100% Ni No Kuni before I traded it but I just can't resist buying it back again at £3.99.

Fenderman89

Neo Member

I can't understand. SS Vanilla seems to have been removed from the EU PSN, so I'm starting wondering if this offer could be applied to the Delta version (would be GREAT after EU has been punched in the face with no retail!!!)

NINJA EDIT: I got a reply from the italian PS blog. No Delta version included in the sale (It was too much to ask for I guess :S)

decaf

Ugh... MGS2 standalone for Vita still not on sale? I wish I hadn't bought the 2 & 3 bundle... uses so much space on my Vita.

Bethesda put Wolfenstein on a pretty big Steam sale, so it makes me wonder why they didn't do the same with PS4. There hasn't been any sale on anything on PS4 and now there is a month-old PS3 game on sale.

Why should I get a PS4 if the only thing I get are much more expensive versions of the same games that look a bit better?

That is on Bethesda's end. Square have had good deals on Tomb Raider and Thief. It also does not help when retail games are still > £45 in the uk. It will be a while till we see an overall change to pricing in both digital and retail for next gen.

Tizoc

The Tales games have good gameplay but horrible story.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Has persona dropped in price yet for anyone?
The Persona 2:IS bundles and Persona 3 Portable are discounted now. But not Persona 2:IS standalone. Maybe in a couple of minutes. (Why isn't there a P3P+Trails bundle? I only want those)

Top Bottom